Success with frozen embryo cycle

kk82

Hi. Does anyone has successes with frozen embryo transfer cycle so far? Can it be done immediately after a failed IVF cycle and did u take 2WW as per the IVF cycle?

Hi. Does anyone has successes with frozen embryo transfer cycle so far? Can it be done immediately after a failed IVF cycle and did u take 2WW as per the IVF cycle?

Hello! I did 2 FETs and BFP on the second FET:) I did not do fresh transfer as doc said I have fluid in cavity...I rested for about 4 months before trying the second FET:) Both FETs I took the full HL and rested at home:) First FET i rested on bed most of the time...Second FET I just bedrest for first day and started walking around the house after that..Hope it helps!

Thanks. May I ask if you can share, how many frozen ones you had, did all survive after thawing? I was told to go a a natural thaw cycle. Meaning no need to take hormone medications but to monitor LH surge through ovulation kit, and follicular scan. Did you try naturally too for your FET? I was advised to.

Thanks. May I ask if you can share, how many frozen ones you had, did all survive after thawing? I was told to go a a natural thaw cycle. Meaning no need to take hormone medications but to monitor LH surge through ovulation kit, and follicular scan. Did you try naturally too for your FET? I was advised to.

I have 7 day 3 Embryos....i thawed all and culture them to day 5 blastocyst...but only 2 make it to day 5..both of my FET were medicated as I have irregular menses...tried natural once but was cancelled because my follicles growing too slow...medicated one is easier because only need to go for 1-2 scans before the transfer:)

I have 7 day 3 Embryos....i thawed all and culture them to day 5 blastocyst...but only 2 make it to day 5..both of my FET were medicated as I have irregular menses...tried natural once but was cancelled because my follicles growing too slow...medicated one is easier because only need to go for 1-2 scans before the transfer:)

Would also like to know what is medicated thaw. Having mid cycle spotting/ bleeding after failed IVF. Getting paranoid. Emailed doctor who says it's normal as hormone is balancing. Hence not sure for January should I do natural or medicated since cycle seems unpredictable.
Is anyone able to advise what medicated thaw entails?

Would also like to know what is medicated thaw. Having mid cycle spotting/ bleeding after failed IVF. Getting paranoid. Emailed doctor who says it's normal as hormone is balancing. Hence not sure for January should I do natural or medicated since cycle seems unpredictable.

Hmm...i think is either medicated frozen embryo transfer(FET) or natural FET...medicated is using medication to control your follicles size I think...more for those who have irregular menses like me...

Im on medicated cycle nw..after ER my menses came after 6-7 days so day 1 start mercilon pill for a no of days.doc will advise when to stop..while on mercilon mid way need to take a jab in the butt..stop mercilon menses will come by 5 days..day 1-3 of menses do BT check hormone level..after blood test results out doc will ask to start on progynova for at least half ur cycle then will scan to see lining is optimal for trf..eg: if today thaw n the embroys survive, next day will trf..hope this helps!my doc going on leave so he had to prolong my mercilon

My fresh cycle was abandoned which would have been one embryo. I then had a frozen cycle and went with two because consultant advised that two on a frozen cycle gives the same chance of success as one on a fresh cycle. My embryologist recommends me "First Egg Bank" Courier Service. I'm 21 weeks pregnant now (with one baby). Good luck with your decision and your treatment. X

Last edited:
Im on medicated cycle nw..after ER my menses came after 6-7 days so day 1 start mercilon pill for a no of days.doc will advise when to stop..while on mercilon mid way need to take a jab in the butt..stop mercilon menses will come by 5 days..day 1-3 of menses do BT check hormone level..after blood test results out doc will ask to start on progynova for at least half ur cycle then will scan to see lining is optimal for trf..eg: if today thaw n the embroys survive, next day will trf..hope this helps!my doc going on leave so he had to prolong my mercilon

Hi wedelia. How was ur medicated FET eventually?

Yes both survived the thaw
So am I right to say that aft the November cycle, you did again in Jan and result was another BFN? So u doing another cycle? I am worried too if the next FET may not work... Haizzz.. I just wonder, why is it so difficult for us to get pregnant(again for me) while others have no problem getting pregnant...

So am I right to say that aft the November cycle, you did again in Jan and result was another BFN? So u doing another cycle? I am worried too if the next FET may not work... Haizzz.. I just wonder, why is it so difficult for us to get pregnant(again for me) while others have no problem getting pregnant...

No my embroys were frozen after fresh in nov so the fet in jan was my first trf..
This cycle resting next one will start..
The journey is tough but we will get there

Hi ladies, need some advise.. Currently I'm going for my FET for my last embryo.. And am told to take Mercilon when my period comes, just wondering, since its a birth control pill, possible to take it with other supplements like, multivitamin, COQ, all the "fertility" support tablets and so forth.. ?
Thank you i advance

Back