Adjunct Teachers mummies

maybe i can try applying.
but the load wise must really negotiate. judging from this sch, they will pile on the work until u open your mouth and say you cannot tahan. o_O
they will always tell you that we need to address the needs of the sch first. i take ccl also they ask so many questions. so sianzzz.... im just hanging on. sometimes i wonder if the cp is really worth the wait. haha..
cp will be pro-rated if i take up part time rite?

maybe i can try applying.
but the load wise must really negotiate. judging from this sch, they will pile on the work until u open your mouth and say you cannot tahan. o_O
they will always tell you that we need to address the needs of the sch first. i take ccl also they ask so many questions. so sianzzz.... im just hanging on. sometimes i wonder if the cp is really worth the wait. haha..
cp will be pro-rated if i take up part time rite?
Yeah, think most schs are like that. Student centric heh

If you're in the payout year, then I think you should wait la. And yeah, will be pro-rated. Hmm, not sure if that means will extend your time of payout though.

Hi mummies...

Wow, this forum has started many years ago. Reading to get an insight on what to do. Currently serving 5th year of teaching. Thought I will wait for another 5 months to apply for a transfer to different Sch. I can't take de load. Too much time away from my p2 son. Really wanna throw in the towel but many says try to ask for no pay leave first. Will seek around for advice and make decisions. Hope everyone out there is doing well and happy with your loved ones...

Hi anyone knows if a contract adjunct teacher has to serve at least 6 mths of flexi adjunct before a school can take her as contract adjunct?

2) Can somebody tell the Minister for Education to scrap the ranking scheme (EPMS) as it's stressful and sometimes can be unfairly manipulated against teachers?Becoz it seems only teachers who are 'visible' or got 'leadership', planning and doing a lot of events or programs at school will be liked while those good dedicated teachers who keep low profile ( who don't know how to 'carry' the upper management) are not considered good enough in their eyes. Coz these teachers who organise events and help school win awards, etc etc will most likely be liked by the P and VP as they help P and VP get in the good books of the P and VP's supervisors. EPMS ranking should be scrapped and MOE should devise a scheme which is not judgemental and less demoralising for teachers. I know of a teacher who went into depression when she got a D grade and it had badly affected her. What's more she was only in her 1st year of teaching and it was her 1st job too, plus she is only less than 20 years old. She finally quitted teaching after her bond. Her passion for teaching was snuffed out as she felt demoralised. Not all human beings are strong enough to take the news that they would get 'D'. In the teachers' own interpretation, 'D' means they are not good enough to the sch managment and it's like a stigma and failure to them. We teachers often talk about motivating students but this EPMS ranking is very demoralising.

Can the new MOE HELP teachers please??? Save them from becoming stressed. HELP them for they have no time for family. I hope MOE will bring forth many changes to improve the lives of teachers and care for their welfare and sanity.

I am currently in HQ. We were told that putting in 100% will get us a C only. Still, I never really bother with ranking. Hahaha. There is not much of a work-life balance here but I find my work enjoyable and meaningful. I trained my kids to be independent when they were young because there can never be work-life balance (work-life harmony is possible though)

I do not want to sound like I am defending MOE but there is never really a perfect system. I see EMPS as a form of accountability to taxpayers in ensuring that quality of teachers remains high. There are indeed dedicated teachers out there who prefers to keep a low profile. Given that SLs are so busy, they cant possibly know the pieces of work that each officer is doing. The underlying assumption for many SLs and KPs is that all teachers, regardless of low profile or high visibility would be dedicated. As such, teachers who attained more impact (via competitions etc) would be deemed to have more contribution to school.

I can empathize with the BT upon receiving the D. However, the school could have good reasons for doing so. Given that she is 1 yr into teaching, she would have been ranked 6 mths into the school. Schools could have save time and given her a default C because there is no need to rank officers 6 months into service. For the school to give her a D, there could be underlying issues (e.g inability to control class, ineffective teaching) but of course, the RO might not have managed her well and thus, resulted in her falling into depression.

Hi anyone knows if a contract adjunct teacher has to serve at least 6 mths of flexi adjunct before a school can take her as contract adjunct?

Hi, I do not know if you are still looking for info on this.. most schools would usually employ a teacher on flexi first before offering a yearly contract to the teacher. This is for the school to assess the teacher's ability and fit for the school. I had a colleague who was employed straightaway as a CAJT but she struggled because the students were a different calibre from what she was used to. She regretted but didn't want to quit as she will lose her income and also will reflect badly on her. It might be wise to do flexi first in a school before committing as CAJT.

Back