Beware of confinement nanny Madam HO LEE KOON

carefreelah

I am posting this on behalf of my wife. We don't normally post but we feel that we need to warn mummies of this confinement nanny Madam HO Lee Koon from Malaysia (possibly Kuala Lumpur).

We got to know this confinement nanny through my hubby's sister's colleague. My wife's EDD is 27 Feb 2017 but we expect our baby to be born earlier at around 14 Feb 2017. We engaged Madam HO Lee Koon's service and paid her a deposit of SGD 500 on 15 July 2016. She agreed to a fee of SGD 2,800 for 28 days of service.

Our baby was born prematurely on 31 Jan 2017 and my hubby tried contacting Madam HO on 31 Jan to no avail. We asked my hubby's sister's colleague to try to contact her relatives. We got news that she's in overseas and would only be back on 4 Feb night. Madam HO called my hubby on 31 Jan at 10.53pm to say that she's in Shanghai and would only be back on 4 Feb night and she would try to come to Singapore on 5 Feb. She didn't mention anything about fee increases or delay to come to Singapore at any time and she had all the opportunities to tell us.

This morning, 5 Feb, she called my hubby to say that she could only come on 7 Feb as she needed to go to the hospital to get more medication on 6 Feb. We were perplexed why she needed so much time to get medication. At the very least, she could have got it on 6 Feb morning and then come to Singapore on 6 Feb afternoon. We were understanding but not pleased with her attitude of delaying. We called her back to say that since she couldn't fulfill her service at the earliest instance, she could either refund us the deposit or perform the service for 3 weeks by which my wife would have completed her confinement. She said she would think about it. Again, she didn't mention anything about fee increases. Later in the afternoon, she called back to say she could come on 7 Feb to perform 3 weeks' of service but for a fee of SGD 2,700 since she wanted to double her fees during CNY period. We disagreed as she did't tell us in advance and she had all the opportunities to tell us earlier. We suggested she refund the deposit or continue to perform 4 weeks if service for the agreed fee of SGD 2,800 when we first engaged her. She then said that it would have to be SGD 2,900 and she decided that she recalled the agreed fee was for SGD 2,900. I guess all of you could imagine our horror expression at her matter of right attitude.

I hope the readers would take heed of this unscrupulous confinement nanny and consider many times if you really want to engage her service. Although I registered in this forum today and posted this for the first time, I have no other motives to defame this woman except to bring caution to all readers. Btw, we have decided to forfeit the deposit and reported her to MOM, IRAS and ICA.

Back