Childcare - North Area

Hi Hi,
I also stayed in the north. I put my daughter at Star learners along sembawang road. They have another branch near sembawang mrt station if you need to be near public transport. I put my daughter there as I think they have a good circulumn from playgroup up to K2.
You might want to drop by to take a look

Thanks Karen
happy.gif

i will check it out !

I put my daughter in YMCA (now called MY world). The environment is very good! Teachers are very loving towards their students. Toilet is clean. The teachers are very disciplined towards the kids. They don't let the kids eat unhealthy snacks which I really really like, except when someone's birthday, then they eat cake. She is there for 9 months now and she can converse in Chinese! Which for your info, she did not understand a single word of Chinese when she start childcare. Well... I really have many praises for them. I am definitely blessed that the first time I tried a childcare and I found a good one!

I am referring to YMCA in blk 760 or 759? At yishun

hi rollercoaster,
how old is ur girl now? is she doing well there?
im intending to enrol my girl in the branch at Sembawang Way (near MRT) for next intake Jan 2014.
care to share some reviews?

my son is in Spring Brainy Kidz Chong Pang@ Blk 716, Yishun St 71. The teachers are generally nice and friendly.

Last edited:
I put my daughter in YMCA (now called MY world). The environment is very good! Teachers are very loving towards their students. Toilet is clean. The teachers are very disciplined towards the kids. They don't let the kids eat unhealthy snacks which I really really like, except when someone's birthday, then they eat cake. She is there for 9 months now and she can converse in Chinese! Which for your info, she did not understand a single word of Chinese when she start childcare. Well... I really have many praises for them. I am definitely blessed that the first time I tried a childcare and I found a good one!

I am referring to YMCA in blk 760 or 759? At yishun

Hi... I heard they are undergoing some reno soon? Then where are u putting ur girl in for the time being?

Hi... I heard they are undergoing some reno soon? Then where are u putting ur girl in for the time being?
The childcare is arranging all the students to go to some childcare in ang mo kio. I forgotten where exactly. They will provide transport to send all the students to AMK and back to Yishun

The childcare is arranging all the students to go to some childcare in ang mo kio. I forgotten where exactly. They will provide transport to send all the students to AMK and back to Yishun

Oic. Then ur child will go to e AMK cc too? Ur child is wif YMCA Yishun?

oh is it amk cc? yes she will be going there while they are renovating. Ya she is with YMCA yishun :) ur child is too?

I'm on waitlist now. Actually hv no plans to put in cc but I'm having maid n mil crisis now and my mil says wanna move back to my hb sis home cuz she bs my maid so I'm frantically looking for a cc. I actually put my boy in cc when he's 18 mths but he only went for 3 half days and got very sick that I hospitalized him. And none of e teachers bother to call me n ask y he din come to school. I was kinda upset cuz felt e teachers dun care bout its students n I withdrew him.

Then my mil say she move over n ask us get maid to help tc but in e end she dun like e maid. So I hv no choice but to find cc again. And that time say dun put in cc she look after now ask us put in cc.

I saw in another post saying e teachers no gd in this cc. How long u put ur girl already? Teachers ok?

Oh i see.. Well, it is not easy to take care of a small children. I also dun prefer to have my mom or mil to take care of my kids. It is tiring for them. tThey will usually offer first, thinking want to help us save money. But, after a while, they will feel tired hahaha

U saw in another post, YMCA yishun teachers not good? The post is how long ago? I really really like YMCA Yishun CC, I feel they are the best! The YMCA yishun is at blk 760 (just to be sure :))

My daughter is in Nursery 1 since Jan this year. Her teacher is amazing! When she just started, she cried everyday.. But the teacher is good with her. My daughter got comfortable with her pretty fast. As long as the teacher is around, she is willing to be left in CC. I am not sure about the other teachers, but they are also nice :)

The principal is a very nice lady too.. Aiyah, everybody is nice there hahahaa.. Even the admin staff is caring too.

The childcare is clean and well-ventilated. My daughter seldom fall sick, considering that she has many classmates (20 kids in her class). She got HMFD once from her schoolmate since Jan until now. Well, I know some kids will get HMFD a few times in a year from childcare.

That means your child is waiting for Nursery 1 then? Don't worry, YMCA is good. But of course not all children will feel comfortable in a childcare straight away. It depends on the chemistry between the child and the teachers and the classmates. They have trial period of 2 weeks by the way. So you can try that :)

Ya I saw in another post about e YMCA cc at blk 760. That's e one. My boy is coming 25 mths so in a way we also want to put him in cc because he is really terrible 2 now. Haiz that was e plan initially but my hb really backside itchy n rejected one cc nearer to our hse back then. Now wanna find everywhere waitlist. I also went to check out eager beaver at blk 925 but YMCA is really nearer to our hse n sometimes distance is a factor. Omg I 1 kid already headache however can u manage 3? Last time I still wan 4, then 3, then finally preggy thot twins would be nice. Haha... We were like Heng 1 ah...

Ohh well, for me, the childcare is very good :) Ya 2 years old, really can chew your heart out! But sending them to school really help a lot. They learn about discipline, like putting the plate away after eating. We the mommy always has soft spot for our kids, and they know how to take advantage of that! hhhahaa.. but my daughter is afraid (in a good way lah) of her teacher. Her teacher told me that my daughter is very independent, always do whatever activities in school, never give problems. But when at home ar... aiyohhhh.. always want this want that...

Hahahha ya.. at first we want twins right, but after give birth already, "lucky only 1 kid" hahahah

well, hopefully we can bump into each other when you send your kid to cc :)

Ohh well, for me, the childcare is very good :) Ya 2 years old, really can chew your heart out! But sending them to school really help a lot. They learn about discipline, like putting the plate away after eating. We the mommy always has soft spot for our kids, and they know how to take advantage of that! hhhahaa.. but my daughter is afraid (in a good way lah) of her teacher. Her teacher told me that my daughter is very independent, always do whatever activities in school, never give problems. But when at home ar... aiyohhhh.. always want this want that...

Hahahha ya.. at first we want twins right, but after give birth already, "lucky only 1 kid" hahahah

well, hopefully we can bump into each other when you send your kid to cc :)

Hi, can i check with you if the teachers there are locals or? Im planning to put my girl in cc and now doing research as well.

I intend to send my 24mths girl to this preschool. Any parents have children there now? Is it good? Blk 760. Really need your comments. Thanks.

You guys can consider Eager beaver in yishun. They have good testimonials written by the parents which could be found in their FB page too.

Back