Any Singaporean living in Johor Bahru ?

Hi my family moved to JB last year as we are waiting for our bto which will be done this year. We are renting near 2nd link and so far everything is great that we are considering to buy a property there.
For those who bought properties in JB, can share how is the procedure?
I bought mine at year 2011.

Procedures could have change..

I am keen to find out, any school bus to send my boy to Primary school

My second one is only age 3 this year. I am thinking to change the childcare from SG to JB,,

Hi my family moved to JB last year as we are waiting for our bto which will be done this year. We are renting near 2nd link and so far everything is great that we are considering to buy a property there.
For those who bought properties in JB, can share how is the procedure?

Hmm yeah I guess so. I will go and find out. If everything is okay, hopefully by next year we can buy a house here. Thanks.

Any Singaporean living in JB , spouse travel daily to work but wife stay home and do not to travel often. Would like to know how to stay longer term (than the 30days) without having to travel in n out to get the passport stamped.

I think there is no way unless you have a valid pass. Like work pass or student pass or permanent residency. But I am not sure. So correct me if I am wrong please. Would very much like to find out too.

Hi, I am not a mother. Happened to found this forum when searching for JB info. I am a Singaporean planning to live in JB. Are there alot of Singapore born Singaporean living in JB?

Hmm yeah I guess so. I will go and find out. If everything is okay, hopefully by next year we can buy a house here. Thanks.

Hi, I researched on this already. Sad to say Singapore HDB has strict policies. Once you bought a HDB, you can only bought private properties (Sg or overseas) after a minimum occupation period (MOP) of 5 years. If I am not wrong the MOP only starts counting after you get your HDB house key.

Hi, I am not a mother. Happened to found this forum when searching for JB info. I am a Singaporean planning to live in JB. Are there alot of Singapore born Singaporean living in JB?

I am one of it..

Welcome to the community..

I think there is no way unless you have a valid pass. Like work pass or student pass or permanent residency. But I am not sure. So correct me if I am wrong please. Would very much like to find out too.

apply for a MM2H pass..

if u are age 50 and below..
500k RM fixed deposit is required..

if above 50..
300K RM fixed deposit is required.

With the rising toll fares...

the traffic does not get better...
just have to travel smart..

refer to camera on lta website for the best time to cross..

I am one of it..

Welcome to the community..

Thanks. =)

I am 28 years old and worked for two years, planning to retire there 20 years later. Should i buy a house there now or later? I can only afford condominium now.

Are you living with a family or alone? I might be retire as a single there and abit worry of security and discrimination. Because Malaysian can know if I am a Singaporean or not based on how i talk.

Hello to all mums and readers alike, i am planning to rent a place in JB (preferably near tuas checkpoint) and being the newbie that i am, was searching for info on it and chanced upon this forum. Several questions i have in mind for this transition.

1. Good location (proximity and convenience of public transport to tuas checkpoint)
2. I suppose the rental usually doesn't cover utilities (i.e electrical and internet)
3. Procedures for renting an apartment in jb
4. Jb custom procedures (for a sgrean to shuttle between both sides)

Thanks to all that read this and able to provide answers and solutions. No one gives better advise than mums!!!

P.s im looking to get a studio apartment as im single.

Hi any Singaporeans staying in JB now? hope to make some friends and find out more about the feasibility in staying in JB and continue w work and study in SG

Back