Need Advice or help on child custody and adoption

Lisakurakino

Hi all,
The situation is this, my son who is currently turning 6 has been in my care and custody since birth. The biological fathers details is printed in his birth certificate but have left us since the child is 2 to 4 months old, he doesn't pay child support or contribute to the childs medical bills or education all this while and we were NEVER married and there is no custody letter.

I'm currently married to my husband who wants to adopt my son as step child. After checking with msf and such, I need a notarised letter from the biological father to allow this process to take place. After searching for a way to contact the biological father and finally got a hold of him, he was flaunting his parents wealth to me and my husband and repeatedly saying that it is easy for him to attain child custody if he paid more to a lawyer. *this sick me to the bones* After 5 and a half years of no contact he wants to take my son away when he is sixteen years old. Bare in mind he is no longer a pr in singapore and constantly shifts to different countries for his fathers businesses.

I'm unemployed to care for my son who is slow in his education and my husband has been supporting us for a few years now. Should i fight for my sons custody which my mum and my self have been caring for all this years? What are the requirements? and is it advisable to go ahead with the adoption? Will i lose custody because of wealth?

Back