What's a good investment these days?

adhd.dad

Say you had some money (>100k) to lock away for a few years to earn high interest. What would you invest in for the best returns for lower risk?

Do provide any recommendations!

Say you had some money (>100k) to lock away for a few years to earn high interest. What would you invest in for the best returns for lower risk?

Hi adhd.dad. Have you heard of levelaging from free financing with no interest for investment? If you like to know more PM me.

You might want to look into dividend paying Unit trust(UT).
Fixed income UT with 50% sgd denominated portfolio and/or non sgd position hedged. The word Hedged can be found in the UT name if it is hedged. You should be looking at 4% returns net after costs.

And do not buy through bank, high bid-offer spread. Talk to a financial adviser with an ifast platform and nego the spread to 1.5%.

I think that it's better to invest in crypto currency. There are a lot of ways to do it. I know that https://robomed.io/ are providing the whole information about how to invest and where. They are dealing with medicine, so it's pretty interesting.

I wanna know about this too. Just to share what we have been doing: 1. bought 30k UOB's bond fund, for a few years already. We receive around $110-125/ month as dividend. 2. putting about 65k on the dollardex buying various mutual funds, the return so far is about 15%. the most regret was buying the aviva investment linked insurance, the premium is 20k/ year, need to pay 8 years :( this year is only 4th year :( crazy.

As I have access to a wide range of fundhouses, personally I will put the money into unit trust that are full equities as my risk appetite is very high. Because I strongly believe that in the long run, equities will put perform bonds, and will out perform cash.

My strategy for my clients is as such if their risk appetite is high. If their risk appetite is lower, then I will choose a fund that is not as high risk. Regardless, once they (clients) reach retirement, then will convert the whole portfolio to dividend paying fund to supplement their retirement.

Cos if you draw out dividends now and do not have any use of the money, then essentially you are transferring your money from an investment that fetches you higher interest, to the bank which fetched you negligible interest.

I think setting websites and charging advertisement space is a good form of revenue. ROI is definitely is higher.
No knowledge with bonds but property is a no no unless you have the funds to purchase an old property, bring it down and build it up again. After which, let it go. The flipping will be more worth it as you will have more liquidity.

There are plenty of investment portfolio you can follow out there currently in the market.

From the lowest, there are all kinds of structured/time deposits account via bank that can give you up to 1.6% interest.
Next up you can look at Singapore Savings Bond, which has a cap of $100k with a step up interest every year starting from 0.xx%.
Followed by you can look at Pure Endowment Products that does not have any insurance tied to it, there are some that are really good out there.
You can even consider ETFs such as STI ETF or Nikko AM ETF for local market exposure.
You can also consider Unit Trusts (UT) which can generate from 3%+ to 10%, depending on your risk appetite.

I have a broad range of investment tools that I can recommend you, however I shall not post it here as per forum rules and regulations.

I am looking at staying in China for afew months before deciding if I should start a business over there. I think the opportunity is much bigger over there.

PM me. I have exactly what you’re looking for! We can work together long term.

Cheers!

Back