Support group - Miscarriages

Hi ladies, I also just miscarried from my 3rd IVF (1st pregnancy) at 9 weeks. Totally at a loss. I did a womb evac...does anyone know what to expect the next few days following this evac? Pain? More blood? Bloatedness? Also, do u ladies know how far apart I should schedule my next IVF try?

Hi ladies, I also just miscarried from my 3rd IVF (1st pregnancy) at 9 weeks. Totally at a loss. I did a womb evac...does anyone know what to expect the next few days following this evac? Pain? More blood? Bloatedness? Also, do u ladies know how far apart I should schedule my next IVF try?
So sorry to hear abt this fitnesse..hugs..you might experience some bleeding and even bleeding on and off after for some days and even weeks(i had spottings weeks after too) You can try after say 3 cycles best..cos for me my successful cycle was after i rested 3cycles..PM me if u want to chat more..do a mini confinement for now k..

I feel dun rush for next ivf try. It took me 6 months after my mc before I am mentally n physically ok to go back for another try. Went for a short break w hub to b away from the saddness n all the ivf stress. I had my first pregnancy via 6th ivf try n mc (FYI).
Make sure u Tiao ur body up for the next ivf try n pregnancy, I feel cannot be rush into next cycle. If body is no good then may result another failure which we all don't want to experience it again .. so take ur time.

I feel dun rush for next ivf try. It took me 6 months after my mc before I am mentally n physically ok to go back for another try. Went for a short break w hub to b away from the saddness n all the ivf stress. I had my first pregnancy via 6th ivf try n mc (FYI).
Make sure u Tiao ur body up for the next ivf try n pregnancy, I feel cannot be rush into next cycle. If body is no good then may result another failure which we all don't want to experience it again .. so take ur time.

I will tell myself not to rush. So when u did your next IVF after the Mc, was it a BFP? I'm just trying to give myself some hope so I can get over this terrible nightmare. Any ladies here who miscarried and got your rainbow baby again soon? I read some articles that said it is good to try to conceive again within the next one year, for a more sustainable pregnancy. Care to share your story..anyone? Who can give us some uplifting hope?

Last edited:
I will tell myself not to rush. So when u did your next IVF after the Mc, was it a BFP? I'm just trying to give myself some hope so I can get over this terrible nightmare. Any ladies here who miscarried and got your rainbow baby again soon? I read some articles that said it is good to try to conceive again within the next one year, for a more sustainable pregnancy. Care to share your story..anyone? Who can give us some uplifting hope?
I mc in 2013 may then proceed fet in August but bfn. Then I decided to give myself a rest then start a fresh cycle 2014 Feb after cny. Bfp w twins but left 1 at wk 8-9. Now my survivor gal is coming 23mths old. Did my Fet this April but failed n I just did my fresh Er last mth which is my 10th ivf try. Just wanna give her a sibling n close shop..

Dolly gal thanks for your inspirational story and also I really salute your courage and determination to try this 10 times! All the very best to you and bless u, hope your beanies stick for this round of transfer!

My dr told me though I mc but proves tat I can get pregnant so dun give up. Let's try again ..he said 1mc doesn't say much wat went wrong, cld b chromosome issues n just look at it this way we all want healthy baby so if it choose to ends early it's giving us a relief than suffering at the end or after birth..
U will see ur rainbow baby soon..jiayou

Btw I know it's hard cos we saw heartbeat twice n third visit stop so it was devastating to me n hub. He cried especially we went thru so many cycles. Took me more than 6-8 Mths to walk out of it. I just work n work to forget the saddness, didn't go to any bb shower or bday party. I even avoid looking at preggy ladies on the road but as days goes by, I slowly let go. Most impt was my hub told me he not gg to leave me just bcos we dun have bb. Tat makes me move on n continue to try again. So now my gal is so precious to him , his everything in the world now ..lol he like forget Me liao

Hi babe maybe u would want to try to rest abit more for now to be on the safer side.

At my 2nd week into miscarriage, I tried walking ard and felt my lower abdomen quite heavy and still not fully myself yet. Hence I went back to bed rest asap... Since u have one more week maybe u can try more tonic intake and longan red date tea for another week and then refrain from doing strenuous activity for another 2 weeks or so before intense excercising...

My doctor told me I could go back to my normal life during my 2nd week but i didn't quite follow cuz I can feel my own body telling me to rest as I felt weak... Guess we will know our own bodies? Take care babe.
Hi deblues, how long did u wait to try to conceive again? Understand that you are now pregnant again! Congratulations :)

Do we really have to wait 2-3 cycles before trying again? I'm keen to try again after one cycle but I'm afraid that the same thing will happen again. Time is precious yet I'm wasting some much time waiting.

Do we really have to wait 2-3 cycles before trying again? I'm keen to try again after one cycle but I'm afraid that the same thing will happen again. Time is precious yet I'm wasting some much time waiting.
It all depends on you... U can try even after 1 cycle if u think both physically and emotionally how are ready

U can also check with you doc when u can start your next cycle

I also eager to try again but pacing myself and waiting for my menses to come naturally. Sort of an indication my system back to normal. But still no sign of it even tho it's been almost 6 weeks.

I think there is no real number to it, 2 or 3 or 0. Do what we feel right. For me, prob consult any tcm, and then just do it after my first menses.

hi anyone experieced induce labour to terminate pregnancy ? mind to share your experience ?

This is my first ivf and last week i went for oscar test and showing bb is not healthy due to brain doesnt formed properly. The moment doctor told me my mind was blank and i'm so heartbroken. Doctor suggested to go for induce bb to terminate the pregnancy as I will be around week 14 to 15 when appoinment is made next week or the week after. I felt so guilty need to terminate this pregnancy and i hope the bb will understand that we love him/her so much and this is the best decision that we can make at this moment. Thank you beautiful angel that brought us so much joy during this few months ..

Thanksfully I have a husband which very encouraging and caring although I know himself was devasting over this news. I will try to be strong and moving on.

I hope someone can share mini confinemet that i can do after the procedure.

Thank you all

hi anyone experieced induce labour to terminate pregnancy ? mind to share your experience ?

This is my first ivf and last week i went for oscar test and showing bb is not healthy due to brain doesnt formed properly. The moment doctor told me my mind was blank and i'm so heartbroken. Doctor suggested to go for induce bb to terminate the pregnancy as I will be around week 14 to 15 when appoinment is made next week or the week after. I felt so guilty need to terminate this pregnancy and i hope the bb will understand that we love him/her so much and this is the best decision that we can make at this moment. Thank you beautiful angel that brought us so much joy during this few months ..

Thanksfully I have a husband which very encouraging and caring although I know himself was devasting over this news. I will try to be strong and moving on.

I hope someone can share mini confinemet that i can do after the procedure.

Thank you all
I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. No mother should be put under such circumstances. I don't have similar experience to share, cos I lost mine at 7 weeks. But I did do some research and since you're in your 2nd tri, it is advisable you take a full month of rest and confinement. For better and faster recovery.

The baby will understand. Even if we are ready to take care of them, they are the ones who will truly suffer. The little angels will be well taken care of up above. Pls take good care of yourself down here.

I read from online someone believed her angel is just bidding her time and will come back in her next pregnancy. It's a nice thought. Keep faith and keep strong.

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. No mother should be put under such circumstances. I don't have similar experience to share, cos I lost mine at 7 weeks. But I did do some research and since you're in your 2nd tri, it is advisable you take a full month of rest and confinement. For better and faster recovery.

The baby will understand. Even if we are ready to take care of them, they are the ones who will truly suffer. The little angels will be well taken care of up above. Pls take good care of yourself down here.

I read from online someone believed her angel is just bidding her time and will come back in her next pregnancy. It's a nice thought. Keep faith and keep strong.

Thank you dear for the reply. As i m working full time i dont think my company allow me to take one full month. I'm thingking of resting for 2 weeks and request to work from home during this period. Hopefully my boss will understand.

I hope the little angle will be taken care of up above & this little angle will always be remembered.

May i know, how long you started to try again after your loss ?

Thank you dear for the reply. As i m working full time i dont think my company allow me to take one full month. I'm thingking of resting for 2 weeks and request to work from home during this period. Hopefully my boss will understand.

I hope the little angle will be taken care of up above & this little angle will always be remembered.

I miscarried in early Sep. The baby was conceived through my 1st IVF fresh cycle. I can't try naturally because of my husband's medical treatment. So I'm going to start my frozen cycle this AF. Which is in a couple of days' time.

Some people believe to try again within 3 months of mc, some feel mc takes so much out of the mother's body so must rest longer but I think it depends on our own body and mind.

I miscarried in early Sep. The baby was conceived through my 1st IVF fresh cycle. I can't try naturally because of my husband's medical treatment. So I'm going to start my frozen cycle this AF. Which is in a couple of days' time.

Some people believe to try again within 3 months of mc, some feel mc takes so much out of the mother's body so must rest longer but I think it depends on our own body and mind.

I wish you all the best for your coming cycle, May your wishes come true in this coming chirstmas season :)

Hi Minnnie, my heart goes all out to you. Know that words are not enough for this situation.. But do know that there are many others like us who know, who have been thru the same pain, and will be here to support u.

I lost mine at 9 weeks, and I rested at home for 2 weeks. For the mini confinement, I brewed red date tea with longan everyday, and had confinement food with lots of ginger. Tried to avoid fan blowing directly at me as well, and I'm in long pants and socks virtually all the time. I had a small cup of DOM every night as well. As for shower, I showered abt 2 days once, and during the warmest time of day.. Abt noon or so.. Just to avoid the cold. If u can't find confinement food, any food is OK, but try to eat with lots of ginger. Oh yes, blow dry your hair after shower and try not to be exposed too long with wet hair.

As for trying again, almost 100% of those who have gone thru mc wants to try again. For me, I just bit the bullet and decided to try an iui, after my 1st menses. Now juz waiting for the verdict in a few weeks time. Personally I believe in the theory of a very fertile womb after mc (well, many people say that! ) so no harm trying lah.

All this might seem a bit overwhelming now. Take one step at a time OK. Be strong.

Hi Minnnie, my heart goes all out to you. Know that words are not enough for this situation.. But do know that there are many others like us who know, who have been thru the same pain, and will be here to support u.

I lost mine at 9 weeks, and I rested at home for 2 weeks. For the mini confinement, I brewed red date tea with longan everyday, and had confinement food with lots of ginger. Tried to avoid fan blowing directly at me as well, and I'm in long pants and socks virtually all the time. I had a small cup of DOM every night as well. As for shower, I showered abt 2 days once, and during the warmest time of day.. Abt noon or so.. Just to avoid the cold. If u can't find confinement food, any food is OK, but try to eat with lots of ginger. Oh yes, blow dry your hair after shower and try not to be exposed too long with wet hair.

As for trying again, almost 100% of those who have gone thru mc wants to try again. For me, I just bit the bullet and decided to try an iui, after my 1st menses. Now juz waiting for the verdict in a few weeks time. Personally I believe in the theory of a very fertile womb after mc (well, many people say that! ) so no harm trying lah.

All this might seem a bit overwhelming now. Take one step at a time OK. Be strong.

Thank you Dear for the encouragement and advices. Tomorrow will go for second opinion before finalized our decision. I know the possibility of keeping this little angle is super slim. If results are the same will have to let go our angel.

I will try to move on and be strong.

May I know your Dom u drink from first day after procedure ?

I hope you have a successful positive cycle soon. Jia you :)

Hi ladies, i just had chemical pregnancy due to slow rising hcgs (thru fet ivf). Now nurse told me that i should be having menses anytime soon. However what i experience now is just spottings since Saturday. Is this normal after you had a chemical pregnancy? And will it be painful once the full flow menses arrive?

Hi! Anyone had mid cycle bleeding (not just spotting) post miscarriage? I had my miscarriage bleed then a normal cycle 4-5 weeks after then 2 weeks later another bleed (mid cycle) and it happened twice already (after my chemical preg in April and this miscarriage in dec)
Am wondering if any other ladies experience the same thing. I asked my gyne when it happened first time but I was IVF patient then so could be due to all the hormones. This round not IVF so not sure if I should be worried

Hi ladies, i just had chemical pregnancy due to slow rising hcgs (thru fet ivf). Now nurse told me that i should be having menses anytime soon. However what i experience now is just spottings since Saturday. Is this normal after you had a chemical pregnancy? And will it be painful once the full flow menses arrive?
I had that too in April and menses just came on its own when the hcg fell. It was a bit more clots not not very painful. Sorry to hear about the chemical pregnancy. It's disappointing esp for any IVF patients (me included)

I had that too in April and menses just came on its own when the hcg fell. It was a bit more clots not not very painful. Sorry to hear about the chemical pregnancy. It's disappointing esp for any IVF patients (me included)
Thanks lavender. My menses did not flow as per normal even after 2weeks hcg not rising. So i asked dr to prescribe me medicine to induce it. Few clots came out but not so heavy bleeding.

I ever read that some may experience hormonal changes after miscarriage and our cycle might go a lil bit haywire. So hang in there.. For malays, old folks usually advise us to do body massage and take herbal medicines or herbal drinks to flush all the blood out from the body.

Hi all, I'm currently in my 8th week, but after going for my appt yesterday, was given the worst news I was dreading. Bb seem to stop growing, n can't see heart beat, been scheduled to go for another scan a week later n if still no improvements, might have to schedule for abortion. I had back aches n slight spotting mid of last week. This is my first. Both hubby and I were devasted, but after crying it out, I decided to go for second opinion just to be sure, anyone has a experienced n good gynae to recommend for such cases? Issit normal for gynae not to take any blood test during the appointments?

I'm very lost n heartbroken now, just trying to hold on to the last straw of hope, so if any kind souls could help me will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm currently in my 8th week, but after going for my appt yesterday, was given the worst news I was dreading. Bb seem to stop growing, n can't see heart beat, been scheduled to go for another scan a week later n if still no improvements, might have to schedule for abortion. I had back aches n slight spotting mid of last week. This is my first. Both hubby and I were devasted, but after crying it out, I decided to go for second opinion just to be sure, anyone has a experienced n good gynae to recommend for such cases? Issit normal for gynae not to take any blood test during the appointments?

I'm very lost n heartbroken now, just trying to hold on to the last straw of hope, so if any kind souls could help me will be greatly appreciated.
Hi - I am so sorry to hear about this. I have gone through 2 miscarriages - one at 8 weeks (no heartbeat) and another at 10 weeks. (Heartbeat stopped) so I know how it feels. Usually my gyne will order blood test with 3 days apart to check if the HCG is rising and doubling. If it's not - likely it isn't good news. :( they also look at scans to decide as well. If baby is not growing, no heartbeat and hcg not rising then most probably it's a missed miscarriage. There might still be hope but I tell myself hope for the best but also be prepared for the worse. Do take care and don't give up! Keep trying :)

Hi - I am so sorry to hear about this. I have gone through 2 miscarriages - one at 8 weeks (no heartbeat) and another at 10 weeks. (Heartbeat stopped) so I know how it feels. Usually my gyne will order blood test with 3 days apart to check if the HCG is rising and doubling. If it's not - likely it isn't good news. :( they also look at scans to decide as well. If baby is not growing, no heartbeat and hcg not rising then most probably it's a missed miscarriage. There might still be hope but I tell myself hope for the best but also be prepared for the worse. Do take care and don't give up! Keep trying :)

Thank you. :( it's really very heart wrenching. Now I'm desperately looking for another gynae that may help me, do you know anyone?

Hi Yvette, I'm very sorry to hear what u r going through. I went thru the same in 2013, bb heartbeat was slow, n it stopped growing in wk 7. I went to a few gynaes in Raffles n Mt E, hoping for a miracle, before my colleagues recommended me Dr Kowa Nam Sing at Mt E (tel: 6235 1151). Think he was also recommended by another sister on the other thread u posted. He's also the Gynae of one of my colleagues who's hubby is also a specialist at Mt E, so I figured he must be good to be endorsed by another fellow doctor. He is really a nice Gynae, super experienced (he started practicing in early 70s I think), very sympathetic, n very confident. Though he couldn't give me the miracle I was desperately hoping for, I felt comfortable enough w him to perform my D&C, it was done very efficiently in his clinic (no need for big n expensive production in the operating theater like what Raffles was trying to sell me), n recovery was very fast after. Was up n abt by that afternoon. Before I left, he repeatedly reassured me such miscarriage is totally random, n told me not to give up. N I told him pls don't retire yet, I will comeback to U once I have good news. Happily, he delivered my #1 in 2015, n my #2 last month. Sometimes it's the vibe u get from the Gynae. There are lotsa of good gynaes out there, but most importantly u find one that u are comfortable with. I wish u all the best, n hope u have good news soon. Take care.

Yvette, it happened to me in 2013. We saw hb at wk6&7 but no more at wk8. Dr gave me 2 days rest n we went back to his another clinic using another machine to scan n at the same time do blood test to see hcg level dropping anot.. it was devastating to me n hub cos tat was our first positive pregnancy via 6 ivf tries. We cried over it n first time I see my hub in tears but after the final scan he picked up himself n brave himself in front of me..I continue to grieve n went in ot alone do dnc without my hub cos I know he cannot take it. After tat I took 2 weeks mini confinement but I was bored n did half way n went out did retail therapy to occupy myself..in the end I fall sick easily over tat year n I picked up my sadness continue see tcm bu my body back.
I know it's not easy to overcome the sadness , I took along while avoiding bday, bb showers , wedding invitations. I was in tears when I keep running into pregnant ladies ard me on the road. I closed my eyes n walked on. I keep telling myself my angel is nice to us, he/she choose to leave us early if not at later stage we will b even more sad or suffer w her/him after birth .
My dr encourage me to try again cos it's our first mc, it's can be very random thing so dun give up. N yes we finally got our rainbow baby gal in nov 14 at our 8 tries.
Now I m having my #2/3,
N if u re the Yvette I know in my mummy group, please feel free to Pm me..

Yvette, it happened to me in 2013. We saw hb at wk6&7 but no more at wk8. Dr gave me 2 days rest n we went back to his another clinic using another machine to scan n at the same time do blood test to see hcg level dropping anot.. it was devastating to me n hub cos tat was our first positive pregnancy via 6 ivf tries. We cried over it n first time I see my hub in tears but after the final scan he picked up himself n brave himself in front of me..I continue to grieve n went in ot alone do dnc without my hub cos I know he cannot take it. After tat I took 2 weeks mini confinement but I was bored n did half way n went out did retail therapy to occupy myself..in the end I fall sick easily over tat year n I picked up my sadness continue see tcm bu my body back.
I know it's not easy to overcome the sadness , I took along while avoiding bday, bb showers , wedding invitations. I was in tears when I keep running into pregnant ladies ard me on the road. I closed my eyes n walked on. I keep telling myself my angel is nice to us, he/she choose to leave us early if not at later stage we will b even more sad or suffer w her/him after birth .
My dr encourage me to try again cos it's our first mc, it's can be very random thing so dun give up. N yes we finally got our rainbow baby gal in nov 14 at our 8 tries.
Now I m having my #2/3,
N if u re the Yvette I know in my mummy group, please feel free to Pm me..

ya, thanks. Guess what this baby also very pitiful because of a damn doctor. my water bag burst for 12 hours plus and I have been asking them if water bag burst is it mean that my baby coming out? the doc simply asked me to wait? waited for 12 hours, end up next morning then they said can't wait got to go for emergency c section, end up my baby hands and feet turn blue, due to lack of oxygen and admitted to icu!

Hello..
Where u deliver your baby?
How long your baby turned purple ish.. is the baby doctor around during your delivery?

On 28 Nov 2016, I delivered our baby n experienced that our baby body turned purple ish ... & the midwife tried to resuscitate the baby n eventually activated the baby doctor . ... after 30mins (After delivery) .. Baby doctor reached...

Due to baby very sick... immediately sent to ICU. In less than 8 hours we are advised to send our baby to KKH due to lack of medicine and equipment for our baby.

After MRI scan, doctor informed that our baby brain was severely damaged.

As there is no improvement to our baby condition. Eventually our baby passed on On 8 Dec 2016.

Can someone please help me.. ? Thanks.

ya, thanks. Guess what this baby also very pitiful because of a damn doctor. my water bag burst for 12 hours plus and I have been asking them if water bag burst is it mean that my baby coming out? the doc simply asked me to wait? waited for 12 hours, end up next morning then they said can't wait got to go for emergency c section, end up my baby hands and feet turn blue, due to lack of oxygen and admitted to icu!

Hi Yvette, I'm very sorry to hear what u r going through. I went thru the same in 2013, bb heartbeat was slow, n it stopped growing in wk 7. I went to a few gynaes in Raffles n Mt E, hoping for a miracle, before my colleagues recommended me Dr Kowa Nam Sing at Mt E (tel: 6235 1151). Think he was also recommended by another sister on the other thread u posted. He's also the Gynae of one of my colleagues who's hubby is also a specialist at Mt E, so I figured he must be good to be endorsed by another fellow doctor. He is really a nice Gynae, super experienced (he started practicing in early 70s I think), very sympathetic, n very confident. Though he couldn't give me the miracle I was desperately hoping for, I felt comfortable enough w him to perform my D&C, it was done very efficiently in his clinic (no need for big n expensive production in the operating theater like what Raffles was trying to sell me), n recovery was very fast after. Was up n abt by that afternoon. Before I left, he repeatedly reassured me such miscarriage is totally random, n told me not to give up. N I told him pls don't retire yet, I will comeback to U once I have good news. Happily, he delivered my #1 in 2015, n my #2 last month. Sometimes it's the vibe u get from the Gynae. There are lotsa of good gynaes out there, but most importantly u find one that u are comfortable with. I wish u all the best, n hope u have good news soon. Take care.

I'm devastating too as I went for my first blood test on 30 Dec with positive pregnancy with only 9.4 beta hcg that was very Low. My second blood test be on 2 Jan, was suspecting heavy Menses coming as of this morning got heavy flow already, I'm very upset as this was my second ivf ( first fresh failed in June 2016 and second FET was done on 20 Dec). NUH never gave supporting jab but asked me continue with taking progynova and crinone. I'm preparing for the worst.

Hi all,

I'm here because this is my 2nd mc. Had a blighted ovum and miscarry naturally last July. Hub n I tried again after that and we were overjoyed that I tested positive in November.

Went to see gynaecologist during week 5 & 7 and the hb were strong. Were told to go back to hospital yesterday for the full range of test ie harmony and pre eclympsia but sadly the moment u/s were performed there were no hb n bb has stopped growing shortly after my last visit. I requested for d&c as I didn't want the mental torture of waiting to mc naturally which may takes days or weeks. My mind were blank during before and after the whole thing with hysteria in between.

I'm wide awake right now at 3am because I couldn't sleep and just feel so empty.

One moment I'm feeling OK, the next minute I felt like dying and then I keep telling myself we can get through this. I don't know how to go on and feel as if the world is ending.

I'm not young anymore and felt as if my time is running out to even try again.

Hi all,

I'm here because this is my 2nd mc. Had a blighted ovum and miscarry naturally last July. Hub n I tried again after that and we were overjoyed that I tested positive in November.

Went to see gynaecologist during week 5 & 7 and the hb were strong. Were told to go back to hospital yesterday for the full range of test ie harmony and pre eclympsia but sadly the moment u/s were performed there were no hb n bb has stopped growing shortly after my last visit. I requested for d&c as I didn't want the mental torture of waiting to mc naturally which may takes days or weeks. My mind were blank during before and after the whole thing with hysteria in between.

I'm wide awake right now at 3am because I couldn't sleep and just feel so empty.

One moment I'm feeling OK, the next minute I felt like dying and then I keep telling myself we can get through this. I don't know how to go on and feel as if the world is ending.

Hi so sorry to see this, there is a thread on recurrent mc, maybe due to nk cells where the body attacks the embryo something like that or maybe there was chromosomes issues. perhaps you n your hubby can go google abt Dr Choolani to have a check. And now there is pgd testing as well. Get well soon and try again I am sure you will be able to bring your rainbow baby soon.

Hi all,

Hugs. I know exactly how it feels. Partly the hormones r haunting u. Just cry if u have to, release it out.

I'm devastating too as I went for my first blood test on 30 Dec with positive pregnancy with only 9.4 beta hcg that was very Low. My second blood test be on 2 Jan, was suspecting heavy Menses coming as of this morning got heavy flow already, I'm very upset as this was my second ivf ( first fresh failed in June 2016 and second FET was done on 20 Dec). NUH never gave supporting jab but asked me continue with taking progynova and crinone. I'm preparing for the worst.

Jia you babe my 2 kiddos were from NUH w Prof Wong as well. It took me 4 fresh n 4 FETs (with one miscarriage n one chemical pregnancy) to get these 2 miracles. There were days when I thought I will never get there, days when my heart was so heavy I couldn't breathe, but all I could do was to put one foot in front of the other n continue to plough on. Don't give up, take a break n try again when u are ready, eyes on the prize. I wish u all the best!

21 jan 17 was the darkest day in my life! Went for a scan a week 7 and Gyne confirmed that my little beanie heart is not beating anymore. It's my first pregnancy after married for 3 years. I underwent laparoscopy in end Oct 16 and ended with a BFP after 1 cycle of menses. I thought i was so lucky but happiness is so short lived ! It's so so so painful to lose the beanie. Gyne gave me 8 cyotec pills to insert over the 2 days to induce natural miscarriage. Inserted the pill last night at 9.30pm and this morning around 10.30am, blood started to gush out with lots of blood cot. I cried again knowing that the little beanie is now gone forever!
May I ask how long the bleeding is expected to last? I hope to go back work on Monday itself as I had already taken 2 weeks MC last oct due to laparoscopy surgery. Hope someone can share their recovery process with me.
Do we need to brew red date tea and drink from now or wait till bleeding completely stop?
Praying that my rainbow baby will be with me again soon.

21 jan 17 was the darkest day in my life! Went for a scan a week 7 and Gyne confirmed that my little beanie heart is not beating anymore. It's my first pregnancy after married for 3 years. I underwent laparoscopy in end Oct 16 and ended with a BFP after 1 cycle of menses. I thought i was so lucky but happiness is so short lived ! It's so so so painful to lose the beanie. Gyne gave me 8 cyotec pills to insert over the 2 days to induce natural miscarriage. Inserted the pill last night at 9.30pm and this morning around 10.30am, blood started to gush out with lots of blood cot. I cried again knowing that the little beanie is now gone forever!
May I ask how long the bleeding is expected to last? I hope to go back work on Monday itself as I had already taken 2 weeks MC last oct due to laparoscopy surgery. Hope someone can share their recovery process with me.
Do we need to brew red date tea and drink from now or wait till bleeding completely stop?
Praying that my rainbow baby will be with me again soon.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I had a blighted ovum back in Aug last year and had to terminate the 'pregnancy' myself because my body has no signs of going to terminate it naturally. I passed out from the pain in the morning when I inserted just two Cyotec pills the night before. It was traumatizing.

I think it depends on individuals. My bleeding lasted for a few days after which I had spotting on and off for almost two, three weeks. I bought those black ginger sugar tea from Hockhua and added red dates and longan using a thermos flask and drank every alternate day when I'm not making the full red date tea from scratch for a week. Then I continued this in office for another week. Ate lots of ginger with pork.

Stay positive k.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I had a blighted ovum back in Aug last year and had to terminate the 'pregnancy' myself because my body has no signs of going to terminate it naturally. I passed out from the pain in the morning when I inserted just two Cyotec pills the night before. It was traumatizing.

I think it depends on individuals. My bleeding lasted for a few days after which I had spotting on and off for almost two, three weeks. I bought those black ginger sugar tea from Hockhua and added red dates and longan using a thermos flask and drank every alternate day when I'm not making the full red date tea from scratch for a week. Then I continued this in office for another week. Ate lots of ginger with pork.

Stay positive k.

Thanks for sharing! My pain has been manageable so far. I pray now that everything will come out naturally and I do not have to go thru d&c. CNY is coming and I dread the days ahead. Gotta pretend to be happy during all the festive gatherings when I'm actually still grieving over the loss. Got to face relatives asking same old questions of when are u having children? I wish I can just skip this CNY and spend time alone at home.

Hi all, just wondering what I should be doing now. I was supposed to be 9weeks along last Saturday but ultrasound only showed a 6weeks2days yolk sac. My doc at TMC said pregnancy was non-viable and suggested I go for dnc. Dnc was scheduled for Tuesday, 24th Jan, but I started bleeding lightly that morning. Doc then said that it looked like I would miscarriage naturally and if I was comfortable, to just wait it out.

Since dnc is pretty expensive ($1.5k even after medisave claims), I opted to wait it out. Unfortunately, it has been 6 days since and asides from the occasional small clots and spotting (bright and dark blood at different times), I have not appeared to pass the yolk sac.

I have an appointment that was made with SGH for 31st Jan before I managed to book the earlier appt with the doc at TMS. Not sure if I can go for the SGH appointment and ask if they can check and/or remove the sac without dnc if it's stuck or if I am supposed to go to kkh women clinic (my GP suggested going there to check) directly.

Also wondering what are the costs for going to kkh.

Any suggestions? Very lost and hoping to get past this soon so we can ttc again.

Hi, everyone.

This is my first pregnancy and it was a missed miscarriage at 7.5 weeks.

24 Jan 2017 - Gynae told me my fetal heartbeat stopped beating. Went to KKH A&E for second opinion. KKH gynae also confirmed there was no heart beat.

25 Jan 2017 - Went to another gynae at TMC for a 3rd opinion. He confirmed it as a missed miscarriage and prescribed me 6 Cytotec pills to induce out the fetal. Ate 3 pills that night
, experienced intense cramping and soon, my precious fetal came out, together with its sac.

26 Jan to 31 Jan 2017 - Ate the remaining 3 Cytotec pills. Had intense to moderate crampings and bleeding over the next few days. Didn't went out to 拜年 or celebrate CNY cuz the grief was too overwhelming. This was the worst CNY I've ever experienced in my life.
I'll be going for a review tomorrow to check whether all the tissues have been expelled. Hopefully I do not need to go through a D & C!

I'm sorry that all of us here have to go through this unfortunate experience. I myself have battled intense negativity in my head for the past few days and I believe everyone here has it going rough too. I do hope that all of us will be able to overcome this horrible experience and look forward to the beautiful future whereby soon, we will each be able to carry our healthy baby in our arms. :)

Hi, I just popped by to check in on you ladies xueeternity and NataREE. Hope you girls are holding up well.

Thanks Almondearie, I did the dnc on Wednesday at SGH since doc thought it would be better than waiting it out and costs was subsidised. Very reluctant to go back to work tomorrow since I only got hospitalisation leave until Saturday.

My bleeding since the op has been very minimal actually. Not sure if that's normal. Still feel damn depressed everytime I look at my nephews, kids and pregnant women.

Having to do confinement for nothing sucks big time too.

Thanks Almondearie, I did the dnc on Wednesday at SGH since doc thought it would be better than waiting it out and costs was subsidised. Very reluctant to go back to work tomorrow since I only got hospitalisation leave until Saturday.

My bleeding since the op has been very minimal actually. Not sure if that's normal. Still feel damn depressed everytime I look at my nephews, kids and pregnant women.

Having to do confinement for nothing sucks big time too.

Hugs, I know how you feel... I did an evac instead but think it's normal to have minimal bleeding for now. The procedure prob took out most of the lining. I only bled like menses after 2 weeks.

I will advise to shut out the world while you're recovering. Facebook, gatherings... but of course family and close friends are always good.

Don't think about it as confinement. Just take it as part of recovery to prepare your womb for your future rainbow baby.

@Almondearie
Thanks for the concern! Thankfully, I do not need to go through DNC after using the pills and bleeding has also stopped for me. Would be looking forward to try again after my first cycle this month! And I do agree with you about shutting out the world while we are grieving, especially this CNY period whereby FB is spammed with happy family photos with babies/children!

@NataREE
Totally understand how you feel! I deactivated my FB account the whole of last week. =x
It's like an emotional roller coaster, one moment you think the heart pain is actually quite bearable and another moment when you see something that reminds you of a baby, you go spiraling down down downnnnn~
nevertheless, it might be our first pregnancy and it was a heartbreaking experience but let's not give up okay! :)

Hugs, I know how you feel... I did an evac instead but think it's normal to have minimal bleeding for now. The procedure prob took out most of the lining. I only bled like menses after 2 weeks.

I will advise to shut out the world while you're recovering. Facebook, gatherings... but of course family and close friends are always good.

Don't think about it as confinement. Just take it as part of recovery to prepare your womb for your future rainbow baby.

Almondearie, you had your period 2 weeks after d&c? Im currently right after 2 weeks of my d&c and started to spot and bleed again today with cramping pain like having period... wondering if its normal... called the clinic nurse n she said i may be starting period now since my mc was 3 weeks ago....

Not too sure if its good to hv period so fast since my first mc my period started after 5 weeks... i had 2 consecutive mc feeling so down to see blood again so soon...

Almondearie, you had your period 2 weeks after d&c? Im currently right after 2 weeks of my d&c and started to spot and bleed again today with cramping pain like having period... wondering if its normal... called the clinic nurse n she said i may be starting period now since my mc was 3 weeks ago....

Not too sure if its good to hv period so fast since my first mc my period started after 5 weeks... i had 2 consecutive mc feeling so down to see blood again so soon...

I have a period-like bleed 2 weeks after and then the next one 6 weeks after. Sometimes it's the body adjusting, so try not to think too much about whether it's good or not. As long as it ends up regular.

I'm sorry to hear that, can only imagine what you're going thru. Once is too many for any of us. Hugs, stay strong and keep positive k. Recover well and soon! :)

Back