IVF/ICSI Support Group

Thanks for your Encouraging post! Am just burying myself in work so as not to let my mind wander so much.
JiA you and baby dust to all!

Aimee pls Take care and have a smooth delivery!

@cen Yes it's good to distract yourself with work but do not tired yourself. I also try to listen more relaxing songs from FM before sleep & indulge in online shopping :D

Thanks for your Encouraging post! Am just burying myself in work so as not to let my mind wander so much.
JiA you and baby dust to all!

Aimee pls Take care and have a smooth delivery!

Hi Cen,

Thank you! I know how you feel. Last May, I had a chemical pregnancy and was crying buckets. Then I tried to distract myself with a holiday and then work.

Take the time to rest and tiao your body. I did 6 months of acupuncture and ate tcm. I think tcm works for me. During stimulation, it was acupuncture every day to help to mature the eggs further. In the end, 14 out of 16 eggs were matured.

Read that there are some discussion on endo scratch. Yeah, it's painful. I went "ouch!" real loud. I also made a bold request. Since it's a scratch of some tissue, I asked doc if he's fine to use the same tissue for Pap smear. He kindly agreed. So no need to scratch again for Pap smear. My hubby laughed at my suggestion as I had requested for a senior consultant doc to do such a menial task.

Hi, can I check did anyone under 30 doing IVF have doc that allowed 2 embryos for ET? If yes, which clinic and dr pls. Thanks.

I am under 30 and transferred 2 blastocysts during my second FET because I failed my first FET:)

Which hospital are u with, if u don't mind sharing? The first FET u transferred one? Going for IVF for the first time in Feb and my doc says under 30 can only transfer one because of risk of splitting embryo. I'm actually going 30 this year, but my birthday is 8months after IVF so doc insists I'm still considered 29 as of time of doing IVF. So just trying to figure what other options I have for future reference.

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm at lost and hope someone can offer me some help. I'm planning to do IVF at KKH with doctor Tan Heng Hao as I don't want random doctor. The subsidized doctor at KKH keep reject my request for IVF becoz my BMI is high.... I know i need to lose weight but i have adenomyosis&endometriosis... the pain every month is so painful...pain even when my period has ended... sometimes it's really hard for me to go exercise... failed lap to fix check for endometriosis as my abodminal wall too thick... argh! I hate myself...

My questions.
-Have any ladies here done IVF with Tan Heng Hao before and you are obese? Does he reject obese patients?
-Can i ask the KKH subsidise doc to refer me directly to Tan Heng Hao? If no, how do i make an appointment for doc Tan? KKH central appointment hotline?
-If I have to make appointment directly with Doc Tan by myself, my consultation session bills at KKH will still have government subsidy?

Little background: age 35, bmi 35 with adenomyosis & endometriosis. husband sperm not very good. never done IUI, want to straight go IVF becoz of my age & husband sperm, I really hope i can go IVF asap...

Thank you!

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm at lost and hope someone can offer me some help. I'm planning to do IVF at KKH with doctor Tan Heng Hao as I don't want random doctor. The subsidized doctor at KKH keep reject my request for IVF becoz my BMI is high.... I know i need to lose weight but i have adenomyosis&endometriosis... the pain every month is so painful...pain even when my period has ended... sometimes it's really hard for me to go exercise... failed lap to fix check for endometriosis as my abodminal wall too thick... argh! I hate myself...

My questions.
-Have any ladies here done IVF with Tan Heng Hao before and you are obese? Does he reject obese patients?
-Can i ask the KKH subsidise doc to refer me directly to Tan Heng Hao? If no, how do i make an appointment for doc Tan? KKH central appointment hotline?
-If I have to make appointment directly with Doc Tan by myself, my consultation session bills at KKH will still have government subsidy?

Little background: age 35, bmi 35 with adenomyosis & endometriosis. husband sperm not very good. never done IUI, want to straight go IVF becoz of my age & husband sperm, I really hope i can go IVF asap...

Thank you!

Nvr heard dr will reject obese patient but on the other hand if u can lose some weight it definitely will help u on the ivf path as well..

My questions.

Thank you!

If u choose thh u will bcome private patient... but is gd to lose some weight aso cos during stimm will gain weight.. i gain abt 6kg:(

My questions.

Thank you!

Whether subsidized doc refer u or u make appt direct, the consultation fees will be private if u're under Dr Tan. But once ivf has been prescribed, the ivf procedures will be under subsidized scheme. Meaning u get to enjoy govt grants depending on ur citizenship status or ur permanent residency. All ivf patients in kkh are under subsidized scheme. Hope that clarifies. The $ issue when considering ivf can be a little daunting but it's manageable for kkh.

For dr tan, the consultation fees is $100 per consult. Except for first time, it'll be slightly more ex. Can't remember how much tho.

My questions.

Thank you!
May I ask why are u so insistent on doing IVF with Dr Tan? Are u open to other options? My feel is if he rejects u, he probably has his reasons and when we seek a doc help, we need his 100% assurance that he will give his best. There are many other docs around too, why dun u consider them?

As for adenyomsis and endo, I suggest u to treat that 1st. I had both, initially doc tot I had fibroid, but when they open me up, they realised I had adenomyoma, they removed as much as they could. But actually as long as my af was stopped it could have helped. After op, my at went missing for 3 months, when it came, i went back to my doc, he saw that my uterus was all cleared but still want to stop my af so that my adenomyoma will not come back. So all in all, I rested for 6 months. I forgot to mention, before I treated my adenomyoma, I extracted my follicles and I had 3 frozen embryos. So in Dec I put in 1 embryo and I'm now pregnant. I had 3 other failed ivf with sgh. Im glad I found dr Roland chieng, who worked out a plan for me, coz after sgh, I went around seeking opinions, and I found comfort and trust with dr Roland chieng.

Reactions: cen
May I ask why are u so insistent on doing IVF with Dr Tan? Are u open to other options? My feel is if he rejects u, he probably has his reasons and when we seek a doc help, we need his 100% assurance that he will give his best. There are many other docs around too, why dun u consider them?

As for adenyomsis and endo, I suggest u to treat that 1st. I had both, initially doc tot I had fibroid, but when they open me up, they realised I had adenomyoma, they removed as much as they could. But actually as long as my af was stopped it could have helped. After op, my at went missing for 3 months, when it came, i went back to my doc, he saw that my uterus was all cleared but still want to stop my af so that my adenomyoma will not come back. So all in all, I rested for 6 months. I forgot to mention, before I treated my adenomyoma, I extracted my follicles and I had 3 frozen embryos. So in Dec I put in 1 embryo and I'm now pregnant. I had 3 other failed ivf with sgh. Im glad I found dr Roland chieng, who worked out a plan for me, coz after sgh, I went around seeking opinions, and I found comfort and trust with dr Roland chieng.

In a sense I agree with angelbaby. If u are concerned for age and time, dr tan and kkh may not be the best as they are bound by protocol and long waiting time at kkivf. However only govt hospitals hv the Ivf govt grant.

Thanks for the reply all... so far has already lost 10 KG, BMI was 39 several months ago. I don't know i can hold this lose weight protocol for how long... as the pain may worsen and I may end up giving up...

I pick KKH as they have all my reports there. Is there any recommended good ivf doc from other gov hospital?

Thanks for the reply all... so far has already lost 10 KG, BMI was 39 several months ago. I don't know i can hold this lose weight protocol for how long... as the pain may worsen and I may end up giving up...

I pick KKH as they have all my reports there. Is there any recommended good ivf doc from other gov hospital?
I suggest u to go to a gynae to stop your menses. Once your menses is stop, no more pain and your uterus will not be stressed. Once it's all cleared den quickly proceed for ivf.

I heard about prof Wong from nuh and dr yu from sgh. But if money is not an issue, I will suggest u go for private, they can give u all the attention u need, the money is worth it. For pple with no issues, going govt helps but for us, with extra cases, I believe a private doc will do a better job.

If u can get your report from kkh, good. If not, just move on. When comes to ivf, time is also an essence.

Hi JessCassie.. my guess is you are planning to change to Dr Tan because he is quite well known in KKH.

However, frankly that doesn't guarantee first time success. For myself, i failed three times under him..

Ultimately it still depends on your body and health...

If you want to switch to him, you can just ask to switch to him but you will be paying private costs and also take note that you will only see him during ER and ET date.
Reviews are still done by other doctors on duty that day.

Jiayou!

Hi JessCassie.. my guess is you are planning to change to Dr Tan because he is quite well known in KKH.

However, frankly that doesn't guarantee first time success. For myself, i failed three times under him..

If you want to switch to him, you can just ask to switch to him but you will be paying private costs and also take note that you will only see him during ER and ET date.

Jiayou!

I aso fail 1 time fresh n 1 time fet under him.. dunno wan change fengshui.. change doc n hosp o not :(

I aso fail 1 time fresh n 1 time fet under him.. dunno wan change fengshui.. change doc n hosp o not :(
Same thinking here. Hahaha!
But if change doctor within same hospital find it awkward.
Change to another hospital also find it limited as heard PC Wong is very busy and on ER date it could be Dr Steven who will do it instead if he isnt free.

Same thinking here. Hahaha!
But if change doctor within same hospital find it awkward.
Change to another hospital also find it limited as heard PC Wong is very busy and on ER date it could be Dr Steven who will do it instead if he isnt free.

Huh like tat ah.. kkh i dunno wat doc to change liao lei i thinking abt pc wong aso.. lol!! But i think i will do another fet wif thh ba cos i still left 1 frozen

Anybody here has fibroids and did removal?
Hi.
I had a 2.7cm fibroid in my womb and it was removed just one month before my fresh cycle in 2015. Had a trans-cervical op, so no open wound. My op was in late March and I had my post op review in April n Dr Tan arranged for my fresh cycle in May.

Hi.
I had a 2.7cm fibroid in my womb and it was removed just one month before my fresh cycle in 2015. Had a trans-cervical op, so no open wound. My op was in late March and I had my post op review in April n Dr Tan arranged for my fresh cycle in May.

Thanks for your reply! Did u get bfp for the cycle?

Jiayou!
what's ER & ET?

I suggest u to go to a gynae to stop your menses. Once your menses is stop, no more pain and your uterus will not be stressed. Once it's all cleared den quickly proceed for ivf.

I heard about prof Wong from nuh and dr yu from sgh. But if money is not an issue, I will suggest u go for private, they can give u all the attention u need, the money is worth it. For pple with no issues, going govt helps but for us, with extra cases, I believe a private doc will do a better job.

If u can get your report from kkh, good. If not, just move on. When comes to ivf, time is also an essence.
thanks! I going do some research on these doc first. ^^

My questions.

Thank you!

Hi Jess,

I feel what u are going through. I'm a stage 4 endometriosis. The pain whenever menses comes is a nightmare. I was trying to conceive on my 2nd yr of marriage. That was when i went to dr chan @ hougang women's clinic. I think they changed the name by now.

She told me that i had to clear some of the cysts if i ever want to conceive. Went for an open surgery (not laparoscopy) in june 2012 - mt alvernia. I was on medication after the surgery to stop menses from coming. and also did the fallopian tube scan 6 months after surgery. I was told that my tube was blocked and i couldn't conceive naturally.

I started ivf end of 2013. Had my egg retrieval and 1 embryo transfer in 2014 at mt e orchard. My endometrial lining was thin but doc chan proceed with the embryo transfer anyway. Blood test day came and it was a negative. I had 3 embryos left.

I decided to change doc as i dont think doc chan was taking good care of me. She is an excellent surgeon tho. I'm currently with dr yu from sgh - recommended by ying chuan tcm. Transferred my embryos from mt e orchard to sgh (apparently only sgh accepts transfer of embryos frm other hospitals). FET was done on 5th jan (2 frozen embryos) and i'm currently 4weeks pregnant. This is my first positive and i'm very hopeful this pregnancy will come to full term.

Maybe u could meet up with a few doctors and listen to their advices. It all boils down to a doc who u r comfortable with and can trust. Hope this helps!

My questions.

Thank you!
Hi I started my IVF in 2010 early 30s. My bmi above 30 with 1 blocked tube. I am with dr tan hh since then 1cycle miscarriage. Back then only 3 govt sub. I max my cycles. Under go multi FET n 3 fresh cycles, I finally blessed with 1 in 2013. During these period, dr tan tried all med combo on me. I also took tcm & accupture. I didn't manage to lose weight. Hahaha. I change my lifestyle. Eat health & brisk walk. More important have to be stress free during this period of time. Jia you. I went back to dr tan again to start my 4th fresh cycle. With the right combo, I have nos.2 currently abt 7mths. Baby dust to all of you.

Morning. I would like to seek advices from all the sistas here.. it is advisable to do bed rest on the et day and the day after ? Any experiences to share :) thanks

Dr Tan Heng Hao is one of the most popular and good ivf dr in Kkh. There are many success stories under him. U can call the hotline and request an appt to see him. First consult usually more expensive. As in success or not it's not just on the dr protocol but on your egg quality and womb condition as well. Chemistry n trust in dr is impt. The road to ivf is never easy but if persevere u can succeed one day. Sadly not many ppl are blessed to continue the journey financially n some mentally.

Morning. I would like to seek advices from all the sistas here.. it is advisable to do bed rest on the et day and the day after ? Any experiences to share :) thanks
Hi I didn't do bed rest but sofa rest. Just rest at home for first 2 days then Take it easy during 2ww. Don't do unnecessary walking.

Yes. We were v blessed. My boy is turning 1yo soon. Was alittle skeptical initially when the cycle was so soon after the op. We trusted Dr Tan anyway and didn't question about it. Maybe it acts like endo-scratch? Not sure. Ha.

Was your fibroid in the uterus cavity or just intramural ?

I asked my Dr this but she said not necessary. I read on several forums etc and it seems sofa rest is better. It's not good to be totally immobile. After a couple of days, I'm already going out walking around etc. I think it's more impt to not be stress and to be happy and positive! :)

My questions.

Thank you!

I have adeno and endo too and my hub's morphology wasn't something to brag about. And I'm classified as obese as well. I guess it depends on the Dr. My friend who was slightly bigger was rejected by my Dr but my Dr did reject me. Mine was not Dr Tan H H though. I did try to lose a bit of weight before IVF though and lost just a couple of KG cos cocoa is not extinct yet. :p

I suggest if a Dr doesn't want to take up your case, try another one. Different Drs have different risk appetites. But if a couple of Drs reject then I suggest really try to lose a bit first and then go for IVF.

Chin up and be positive ok!

I have adeno and endo too and my hub's morphology wasn't something to brag about. And I'm classified as obese as well. I guess it depends on the Dr. My friend who was slightly bigger was rejected by my Dr but my Dr did reject me. Mine was not Dr Tan H H though. I did try to lose a bit of weight before IVF though and lost just a couple of KG cos cocoa is not extinct yet. :p

I suggest if a Dr doesn't want to take up your case, try another one. Different Drs have different risk appetites. But if a couple of Drs reject then I suggest really try to lose a bit first and then go for IVF.

Chin up and be positive ok!

Cocoa not extinct yet?lol

Btw during ivf 2ww, avoid cocoa as stated in the list.

Hi I started my IVF in 2010 early 30s. My bmi above 30 with 1 blocked tube. I am with dr tan hh since then 1cycle miscarriage. Back then only 3 govt sub. I max my cycles. Under go multi FET n 3 fresh cycles, I finally blessed with 1 in 2013. During these period, dr tan tried all med combo on me. I also took tcm & accupture. I didn't manage to lose weight. Hahaha. I change my lifestyle. Eat health & brisk walk. More important have to be stress free during this period of time. Jia you. I went back to dr tan again to start my 4th fresh cycle. With the right combo, I have nos.2 currently abt 7mths. Baby dust to all of you.

Nice to hear all your success stories!
What did u do or rather not do to keep yourself stress free?

I'm normal weight, dun have apparent problem and take supplements and do acu and exercise and eat healthy and sleep enough, hubby sperm not so gd but taking profertil supplement but we already failed twice for fresh so I'm not sure what other combo I can do to boost chances since I've tried most recommended stuff. So inevitably I Attribute to stress fr work..haha..
Hope can find tips to de-stress![/QUOTE]

Hi I need advise. KKh schedule me to do endo scatching on my day 11 of my cycle. Is this normal to do before ovaluation? Please help.

Hi I need advise. KKh schedule me to do endo scatching on my day 11 of my cycle. Is this normal to do before ovaluation? Please help.
Hi Happii, I think they usually schedule about a week before next AF. Might be earlier for you because of the CNY holidays and doc's schedule?

My understanding is they don't go by ovulation date and you have to ensure you are not expecting at point of doing it. My ovulation tend to be late and I did ask the nurse if can still try natural and she said no issue though light spotting is expected after the scratch.

To those who have unsuccessful IVF before, I have a question about period cycle after the failed IVF.

After my failed fresh, my period came for about 10 days (spotting many days and real menses for 5 days). I know this is normal after IVF.

However, 2 weeks later, my period came again (mixture of brown/pink/red blood) The qty is lower than normal period but more than spotting. Is this normal to have period again so soon, 2 weeks after the last period?

My normal period cycle is quite clockwork, and period lasts 3-4 days per month.

Feeling very sian because wanted to TTC naturally these few months before embarking next IVF.

To those who have unsuccessful IVF before, I have a question about period cycle after the failed IVF.

After my failed fresh, my period came for about 10 days (spotting many days and real menses for 5 days). I know this is normal after IVF.

However, 2 weeks later, my period came again (mixture of brown/pink/red blood) The qty is lower than normal period but more than spotting. Is this normal to have period again so soon, 2 weeks after the last period?

Feeling very sian because wanted to TTC naturally these few months before embarking next IVF.

Mine no of days menses is the same but only got big clots

I failed in mid dec. period was longer and heavier than usual at 8-9 days.
Now abt 1 wk after my expected period but hasn't come yet and tested -ve also. Guess mayb need to monitor a bit more? The prev round I failed was back to normal by the next cycle but this time Also haywire. Shld be normal!

It will take a few cycles to become normal. No 2 persons are the same.

Back