Any 1st-time Mummies?

Hi mummies. I am suffering from nausea all day long and due to it i can't seem to eat. And if i dont eat, i'll end up getting acid reflux which is worse and i'll puke out acids. Im coming to 10wks preggy. it has been hindering on my daily life as i am too weak to do anything.
Any remedies to help ease? Or anyone else in the same predicament as me? Im a FTM.

I am in my 10 week too. :) Try ribena to see whether it helps. I have been vomiting for the past week and only ribena helps for now. You need to eat so your baby got the nutrients. You got to try and error for now for the sake of your baby :) I am currently try and error too cuz my appetite kept changing and I don't know what to expect next

I am in my 10 week too. :) Try ribena to see whether it helps. I have been vomiting for the past week and only ribena helps for now. You need to eat so your baby got the nutrients. You got to try and error for now for the sake of your baby :) I am currently try and error too cuz my appetite kept changing and I don't know what to expect next

Thanks! I'll try on ribena. It takes me a long time just to eat abit and then i'll puke after that. I feel like i've wasted my time even trying to eat sometimes cos it all goes down the toilet bowl after that. And then u'll have to restart again with the eating process. It's tiring mentally.

I hope this ends in our 1st trimester only! Do not know how long more i can take it. Good luck Ruiying!

Thanks! I'll try on ribena. It takes me a long time just to eat abit and then i'll puke after that. I feel like i've wasted my time even trying to eat sometimes cos it all goes down the toilet bowl after that. And then u'll have to restart again with the eating process. It's tiring mentally.

I hope this ends in our 1st trimester only! Do not know how long more i can take it. Good luck Ruiying!

yes yes I understand how you feel cuz me too cant wait for it to end soon! all we can do now is tolerate and hope everything will be ok by 2nd trimester. :)

Hi Anyone with Dr Henry Cheng (Astra Bishan/ Mount E Novena) or Dr Benjamin Tham (TMC)?
I'm seeing dr cheng. he's quite good though not the fatherly kind. he is very matter of fact. he lets you eat all the sashimi salad coffee but he has a whole other list of food to avoid - dairy, etc. he let me hear hb at 6 week 9 week very exciting. Seeing him at my 12 week again.

yes yes I understand how you feel cuz me too cant wait for it to end soon! all we can do now is tolerate and hope everything will be ok by 2nd trimester. :)
I'm still feeling miserable - into my 12th week next week! Now I throw up every night just before I sleep. Change pattern. Like I lie down everything wants to come up and I have to throw up. Which makes it hard for me to sleep well. I feel like a loser mom u know and so hormonally fragile wanna cry whenever I throw up :( my doc asks if I'm easing up but NO LEH. My bosses are very understanding thankfully...

Ladies, other than the MS we are trying to conquer, anyone having trouble finding clothes?
Need some help looking for jeans for cny n work(I usually wear jeans and flannel shirts to work).
I am alrdy a L size(UK 10-12) normally.
Have tried qoo10 but the jeans sizes look pretty small. Any good recommendations? Trying to avoid showing so don't dare to wear dresses until 2nd trimester.

I'm still feeling miserable - into my 12th week next week! Now I throw up every night just before I sleep. Change pattern. Like I lie down everything wants to come up and I have to throw up. Which makes it hard for me to sleep well. I feel like a loser mom u know and so hormonally fragile wanna cry whenever I throw up :( my doc asks if I'm easing up but NO LEH. My bosses are very understanding thankfully...

don't be sad! I am into my 12th week next week too! :) My pattern also changed too but hope it will end soon. I cant slp sideway now, all I can do is to slp straight which is hard for me cuz my back ache so badly. Pregnant woman tend to get emotional easily don't let it get to you too much. Try to control it, think of good thing, after another 6 mths. Your baby will be out seeing the world and to share all the joys and happiness. Be Strong! :)

Hi I'm 1st time mummy here too :) Estimated 16 weeks; Jiayou for all MS mummies.. Most of us are better at 2nd trim..My MS was lead by preference of toothpaste smell and hungry moment. I took honey water daily and sugar free or butterscotch sweet.

Please try to avoid citrus fruit and drinks. AS IT MAY CAUSE BABY BAD RESPIRATORY SYSTEM WITH PHLEGM WHEN BORN.
Bird nest and hashima also take little or non at 3rd trimester cos got frens review baby born with bad immune system though it's gd for skin.

I'm seeing dr cheng. he's quite good though not the fatherly kind. he is very matter of fact. he lets you eat all the sashimi salad coffee but he has a whole other list of food to avoid - dairy, etc. he let me hear hb at 6 week 9 week very exciting. Seeing him at my 12 week again.
Hi mind to share the avoid dairy list?wonder why must avoid when we need calcium and vitamins?only know separate 3hr apart from multivitamin.

Hi dear, I just met Dr Cheng. He is a nice guy, tho he constantly making not-so-funny jokes :) but I like him so far.
Just confirmed that I am 5weeks+ pregnant, can't see much yet :) will be seeing him again on week 8. :)
Best of luck!!!!

Ladies, other than the MS we are trying to conquer, anyone having trouble finding clothes?
Need some help looking for jeans for cny n work(I usually wear jeans and flannel shirts to work).
Have tried qoo10 but the jeans sizes look pretty small. Any good recommendations? Trying to avoid showing so don't dare to wear dresses until 2nd trimester.

u can try getting clothes from H&M Maternity Range (only available at certain outlets e.g Tampines Mall, One Raffles Place, Orchard) or online from ASOS (free returns if they don't fit!). i had big issues when finding clothes not because i didnt want to show but because i couldn't fit into any of my normal clothes anymore even when before i hit 2nd trimester :p

anyway, hope all mummies here have a smooth pregnancy journey! for those with MS, hang in there! it will be over before u even know it :) and when you hear that heartbeat of your baby during your checkup, u will realise that all these vomiting and loss of appetite is all worth it :p

u can try getting clothes from H&M Maternity Range (only available at certain outlets e.g Tampines Mall, One Raffles Place, Orchard) or online from ASOS (free returns if they don't fit!). i had big issues when finding clothes not because i didnt want to show but because i couldn't fit into any of my normal clothes anymore even when before i hit 2nd trimester :p

anyway, hope all mummies here have a smooth pregnancy journey! for those with MS, hang in there! it will be over before u even know it :) and when you hear that heartbeat of your baby during your checkup, u will realise that all these vomiting and loss of appetite is all worth it :p

Hi there,
Thanks!
I did findsome pants at h&m maternity (actually bought the largest size! And yes they are super comfy!) Yes, it was also because I found that too tight jeans made the MS ten times worse.

Will try ASOS if I can determine the proper size to buy! Already eying some dresses for formal events there!

Again to all mummies, jia you! We can do it!

Hi there,
Thanks!
I did findsome pants at h&m maternity (actually bought the largest size! And yes they are super comfy!) Yes, it was also because I found that too tight jeans made the MS ten times worse.

Will try ASOS if I can determine the proper size to buy! Already eying some dresses for formal events there!

Again to all mummies, jia you! We can do it!

H&M is cheap and good! hahaha. cause some maternity shops their clothes damn expensive and i dont bear to spend so much on maternity clothes when i will only be wearing them for a period of time. plus now im due to deliver over the next 1 - 2 weeks, i have been wearing my clothes on a cycle basis. hahahaha.
ASOS is good. quality not bad too! but only tricky part is sizing. just buy your usual size will do!

H&M is cheap and good! hahaha. cause some maternity shops their clothes damn expensive and i dont bear to spend so much on maternity clothes when i will only be wearing them for a period of time. plus now im due to deliver over the next 1 - 2 weeks, i have been wearing my clothes on a cycle basis. hahahaha.
ASOS is good. quality not bad too! but only tricky part is sizing. just buy your usual size will do!

Yes, I will do that! I agree that most maternity wear are super expensive! You have a great time...enjoy the rest of your break before your baby says hi!

Happy cny in advance! 恭喜恭喜!

I bought shorts from Spring Maternity and it's expandable so can wear through the pregnancy! I'm same size as you... also have issues!
I had success buying some lounge wear from ASOS :)

I bought shorts from Spring Maternity and it's expandable so can wear through the pregnancy! I'm same size as you... also have issues!
I had success buying some lounge wear from ASOS :)

Hi hi, I thought Spring maternity would be expensive but price looks ok. Any idea if L or XL fit better? Was looking at the Aleecia Slim Pants for cny...judging from hip size XL feels safer....

Hi hi, I thought Spring maternity would be expensive but price looks ok. Any idea if L or XL fit better? Was looking at the Aleecia Slim Pants for cny...judging from hip size XL feels safer....
yea i find it very affordable, and I'm like wk 10 now so i can wear another 30 weeks (hopefully!)
i bought M for yoga pants and shorts, but denim shorts I had to go with L coz the cutting is quite small. but after wearing for the past 2 weeks or so... i think i should have sized up. i just feel more comfy with looser clothes now (and be at risk of looking a little frumpy)

Hi mummies. I am suffering from nausea all day long and due to it i can't seem to eat. And if i dont eat, i'll end up getting acid reflux which is worse and i'll puke out acids. Im coming to 10wks preggy. it has been hindering on my daily life as i am too weak to do anything.
Any remedies to help ease? Or anyone else in the same predicament as me? Im a FTM.

yes my journey is same as u. im one of those suay mother who morning sickness to almost the whole pregnancy journey except these last 2 mths.
in fact, i shared my motherhood experience in here

Motherhood Journey in Singapore
You can go read it in details in those articles.

but basically i morning sickness.. can't sleep well, vomit twice a day. during 2nd trimester, was so bad that sometimes can only work half a day before i cannot endure anymore and grabcab home to rest.
i tried a lot of remedies. it does work to some extend
sour stuff, like sour plums, or sour drinks. sour drinks are easier because can slowly drink. my hubby will prepare lemonade for me in morning.

after sometime i stick to ribena (i know its not sour, i have no idea how it evolved till ribena) which helps me a lot.

also i stop eating pork. only eat porridge, fish and vegeatbles. helps too.

and i lie down 45 degrees... not sure if this is the reason but it helps for me.

hope all these advices help!

Hi Anyone with Dr Henry Cheng (Astra Bishan/ Mount E Novena) or Dr Benjamin Tham (TMC)?

hey I am with Dr Henry Cheng.
He is a very nice guy, and really expert with the ultrasound reading.

already on the last stage of my pregnancy, the journey has been made easier with him. just got a date for the birth with dr cheng in Mount alvernia.

the location at noverna and bishan are convenient too.

hey I am with Dr Henry Cheng.
He is a very nice guy, and really expert with the ultrasound reading.

already on the last stage of my pregnancy, the journey has been made easier with him. just got a date for the birth with dr cheng in Mount alvernia.

the location at noverna and bishan are convenient too.

Thanks babe :) I think he is good too. But hubby seems doesn't quiet like his jokes tho... lol

Thanks babe :) I think he is good too. But hubby seems doesn't quiet like his jokes tho... lol

hi melongurlz and dloreangel

im also with dr cheng - did he give you guys a list of foods to avoid? I find his advice really good, esp the list that helped my nausea during my first tri...but the one about no milk, did you guys really avoid milk throughout?? not sure if baby needs the calcium...

Hi mind to share the avoid dairy list?wonder why must avoid when we need calcium and vitamins?only know separate 3hr apart from multivitamin.

hi sorry just saw your msg...acc to dr cheng dairy products cause indigestion and bloat. when we're preg our digestive system slows down alot, and indigestion can cause acid reflux and all...his list is unconventional but really helped my already-bad nausea. he built this foods to avoid list mainly for moms to maintain their digestion, cos my system was really haywire...but i also concerned if my baby is getting sufficient calcium :(

hi sorry just saw your msg...acc to dr cheng dairy products cause indigestion and bloat. when we're preg our digestive system slows down alot, and indigestion can cause acid reflux and all...his list is unconventional but really helped my already-bad nausea. he built this foods to avoid list mainly for moms to maintain their digestion, cos my system was really haywire...but i also concerned if my baby is getting sufficient calcium :(
I mostly drink low fat fresh milk. I think if milk really gives u side effect, then eat beans, broccoli and tofu more. But provided you don't have gout or urid acid problem.

im also with dr cheng - did he give you guys a list of foods to avoid? I find his advice really good, esp the list that helped my nausea during my first tri...but the one about no milk, did you guys really avoid milk throughout?? not sure if baby needs the calcium...

He did! I still drink milk on/off I Am not restricting my self on my food intake, just eat things that make me feel fine

Hi! I was with Dr Ben Tham at TMC ☺ He's a nice doctor, very friendly and answers to all your doubts. I would recommend him especially for those who plan to do c sec as he is very experienced and skilled. My boy is now 3 months old.

Hi diddledum, milk gave me very bad bloating and cramping pains during my pregnancy and my gynae said it's ok to skip milk since I am already on calcium supplement. So if you're already on multi vits and calcium tabs (which i believe u do!) ur calcium intake should be sufficient as there is calcium in multi vitamins too

Omg me too! Sometimes i feel like i cant go on another day with this. Quite traumatizing for a FTM. Im in my week 8 now. Really praying for it simmer down from week 12 onwards!!
Am in 10 weeks now. But now beginning to feel more bloated easier and gets giddy very easily...

I cannot differentiate if is my gastic feeling nausea or from pregnancy. I get giddy very easily and have to puke it out to feel better. Anyone like this too?

Congrats everyone !! Glad to find this group .. M now 8weeks ... hope everything goes smooth .. Any older first time mothers here ? m very happy and anxious due to my age to have a baby

Hello all the mommies to be! :)

Do you all feel the tummy will tends to make a lot of noise like churning and gassy kind? Hahaha. And tends to fart/poop a lot more on the first few weeks of pregnancy? And when will the baby bump starts to appear?

@Tangywong yes same for me !! Hub jump up thought baby is moving but it's actually my stomach making so much noise ! Pee n Fart comes hand in hand
Now m 8 weeks, baby bump is very visible and also I bloated to the max . I can't wear all my shorts n skirts .. Bought maternity shorts online, luckily delivery is fast !

@Tangywong yes same for me !! Hub jump up thought baby is moving but it's actually my stomach making so much noise ! Pee n Fart comes hand in hand
Now m 8 weeks, baby bump is very visible and also I bloated to the max . I can't wear all my shorts n skirts .. Bought maternity shorts online, luckily delivery is fast !

Hahahaha!! I thought im the weird one! My friend told me it is because our organs are shifting to make space for the little one inside us!! And yes, i do feel the bloat too! Im not sure how many weeks i am right now cos i just found out im preg but i do feel a small bump there. Don't know if that's my belly or my bump actually

Hey! First time mom here as well at my 6 months! Nice to meet you all :)
All the best to those who are gg thru the 1st trimester, I rmb I was really tired during my first few weeks and often just KO-ed straight after dinner. (I hadn't even known I was pregnant then haha)
But 2nd trimester things get a lot better! :)

Hey! First time mom here as well at my 6 months! Nice to meet you all :)
All the best to those who are gg thru the 1st trimester, I rmb I was really tired during my first few weeks and often just KO-ed straight after dinner. (I hadn't even known I was pregnant then haha)
But 2nd trimester things get a lot better! :)

Hello there :))

Yes.. it's really tiring tho. Hahaha. Actually I'm quite curious.. roughly around when all the mommies to be went for gynae check up/ultrascan? Like is it better to go once you tested positive at home or wait till a few weeks??

Haha, previously I read that 6-8 weeks in would be the best time. Before that there's probably not much to see or hear (heartbeat) on scan. I was rather late though, I only went in at 10 weeks and by then I could hear both the fetal heartbeat and see the baby moving already haha. It was really fascinating!!

How many weeks are you at now? :)
(Oh, but in the meantime start getting the supplements esp folic acid once you know it's positive!)

Haha, previously I read that 6-8 weeks in would be the best time. Before that there's probably not much to see or hear (heartbeat) on scan. I was rather late though, I only went in at 10 weeks and by then I could hear both the fetal heartbeat and see the baby moving already haha. It was really fascinating!!

(Oh, but in the meantime start getting the supplements esp folic acid once you know it's positive!)

Hmmm i think im bout 5-6 weeks but according to the gynae we went to see today, he said im bout 6 weeks plus but he didn't manage to scan anything just a very small black dot :( he said like its smaller than what shd be seen according to the weeks i am now.. and asked me to go tmh on monday for a detailed scan. But my husband suggest that we shd wait for another 2 weeks and go for a 2nd option. I just hope it is nothing serious

Hmm.. did you do it through the abdominal ultrasound? If so, maybe u could opt for the vaginal one. My sis did the scan earlier than me and had it through the vaginal method, it seems that the vaginal ultrasound will detect better in the earlier weeks of pregnancy.

http://www.babycenter.com/400_had-a...by_7926654_29.bc?startIndex=80&sortFieldName=

Hope this thread will help to reassure you too. Many of the mothers in this thread also experienced the same thing at 6 weeks, it may just be a little early! your husband's advice may just be right :)

Hihi, i agree. Previously i used to be like so anxious and start to view on 5weeks. (It didnt turn out well as it was ectopic, and i went through alot of stress and pain) Now I am going to take it very slow.

Got a test positive on clearblue digital last weekend... Think i shld wait till at least end of this month to make any appointment? Hahha

If all is good im ftm too!

Hmmm i think im bout 5-6 weeks but according to the gynae we went to see today, he said im bout 6 weeks plus but he didn't manage to scan anything just a very small black dot :( he said like its smaller than what shd be seen according to the weeks i am now.. and asked me to go tmh on monday for a detailed scan. But my husband suggest that we shd wait for another 2 weeks and go for a 2nd option. I just hope it is nothing serious

Dont think too much okay. It will be good.. Jus relax... And eat well .. :

Hmm.. did you do it through the abdominal ultrasound? If so, maybe u could opt for the vaginal one. My sis did the scan earlier than me and had it through the vaginal method, it seems that the vaginal ultrasound will detect better in the earlier weeks of pregnancy.

http://www.babycenter.com/400_had-a...by_7926654_29.bc?startIndex=80&sortFieldName=

Hope this thread will help to reassure you too. Many of the mothers in this thread also experienced the same thing at 6 weeks, it may just be a little early! your husband's advice may just be right :)

Hmm i tried both abdominal and vaginal ultra scan.. thank you :) Maybe i will just for another check up end of the month.

Hello! To share what happened to me, I was at one obgyn whose ultrasound machine didn't pick up my baby's heartbeat at 6 weeks and she also suspected that my baby's growth was slower by 3 days from what she counted. I was really worried and my Husband and I went to another obgyn just 2 days later, who had a much better U/S machine, he picked up our baby's heartbeat for the very first time. He even said U/S dating is about +/- 5 days. As long as the development of your baby is good, it's ok to be smaller than the average at whichever point of the baby's development. Stay positive!

Back