(2002) Any 2002 babies?

I thought having 2 kids in P5 and P6 is stressful..having a younger kid in lower primary also stressful..I heard from another friend that although the school has do away with the exam for lower primary but the weekly "holistic" assessment is enough to keep her hands full..she has to consistently "nag" her kid to revise his work.
Many schools are starting SA1 this week..so mummies Jia You!!

bebe75, I think having kids itself is stressful regardless of their age, different stages have different set of problems... which are a challenge to me.:p
Tomorrow having meet the parent session for my 2 girls... and when term 3 starts the P6 has supplementary lessons all the way..
Btw, how is the MTP sessions conducted in other schools, I find mine a bit disorganised, although time slot was given to us but very often the teacher seems to go by first come first serve basis which is confusing for parents who just entered the classroom.:rolleyes:

Valerie,
My elder son's PTM we only meet up with the form teacher as the english and science teachers have their own form classes. we were given time slot and so far we not much waiting time. the teachers will turn down those who turned up before their slot unless the parents in front were done. My younger son's form teacher was away to prep for giving birth. We meet the mother tongue teachers in the school hall. go by queue number. i took 2 queue number at one shot and went to the one that has a smaller number first. then after that I just pop by the other teacher's table and see nobody seated to meet her so i just assume it was my turn. :rolleyes: only one PTM a year...i usually go for the May one and not the March one.

Hi Mummies,

Everyone seems so strees with the upcoming PSLE :(

My son needs to wear braces too but the dentist is advising us to wait till all his bb teeth been replaced first. According to the dentist, his replacement is slower than kids of his age.

Chuayl, we have applied for NUS High DSA because my son is keen. If cant get in through their exam and camp, he will definitely has no chance after PSLE as their intake is very little. Just let him try his luck. Your boss is so nice to let you work from home wef June 2014. I have already informed my boss that I have intention to take pm leave for Aug & Sept depending on my son's sch timeable.

Bebe, though i dunno what happened with your English tutor, I believe is for the better.

Jiayou Mummies!

Avrilf
I was told by someone that if you didn't clear nush dsa, but got 250 and above with stars for math and science, appeal to the school has high chance to succeed. Also because this school may have offered Co to others who are also applying for dsa to the top four schools, so kids with multiple Co create vacancies when they choose other schools Co.
So i feel even if one feel that dsa may not have high chance, do go and try if kid is keen as you can use it to appeal later on.

Coming to end of holiday soon...next week, my gal will be back to school for 3 days remedial. We have been doing revision weekly but not a lot. Probably 1-2 papers per day..we spent more time going through the paper than doing it. When school reopens, I believe the school will start pumping and drilling them, I will not have much luxury to do 1-to-1 with her. I realise that my gal day dreamed a lot, or dazed in the air when I was explaining her mistakes. It is worrying, in a class of 40 I doubt teacher will be able to catch her full attention and she may juz miss out the whatever tips that the teachers are giving. I was so angry when I caught her daydreaming right next to me that I threw the papers at her..physically she was there but her mind was not focus. Now I understand why she could make the same mistakes again. She was not tired but simple not interested. Hiaz..

bebe
1 more month to oral and 2.5more months to the big thing.
maybe your girl is aiming to go affiliated school, so the stress is not there? or she switched off to destress?
my son's school is not yet pumping them with revision yet.
Prelim oral starts next week and prelims starts end of this month. when we get that out of the way, time to focus on PSLE oral.
he is feeling emo at times that once psle is over, his primary school days will be over.

I already told her upfront that affiliated school is our last choice. Our priority is to enter express stream. At the point, I hardly drill her, but only spend time going through the papers slowly to highlight her answering techniques and time management. Her prelim oral is end of the month. I have withdrawn her from her one and only tuition (Science) so that she can spend more time at home and do her own revision.

What is a good grade for oral ?
My son not so good at compre, so hoping oral can pull up his marks. He is feeling he may not do as well compared to prelim. Stumbled on chinese reading, and english conversation. His prelim marks was 47 and 29. Told him to work harder for compre then.

Wow..your son's oral for prelim are fantastic! My gal did badly for her oral prelim and it was indeed demoralising. For PSLE, she said the topics are easier compared to school, so she believed she might do better for PSLE. They had completed the Prelim written exam last week and this week the kids are busy going through the paper in class. In addition, they have mock papers to do for homework and so now we are back to pre-PSLE oral days where it was difficult to squeeze in time for revision during school days. My gal does not like me to go through the school mock papers, as she said the teacher will go through with them and she will get bored in class if she already did the same at home. Hence, I can only get her to revise with us on weekends..less than one month away from the PSLE...everyone Jia You!!

bebe
my son is pretty ok with english oral. he is with mindstretcher and he listens to MConline to practice his oral. his usual marks is usually above 28. but for psle oral, he felt that the conversation topic restricts his 'creativity', so he thinks he may be around 26-7. for chinese sch oral, he is usually 42-44, prelims 47 is his highest ever. for psle oral, he thinks he is around 44 standards. his listening compre is weak...usually 16. :(

prelims over even before psle oral starts. prelims in general we feel are pretty straightforward, no killer subjects. 15-18 students have A* for math, 2 have A* for english, a handful for science, and 1 has A* for chinese in my son's normal chinese class...my son...:) his first A* since start of P4!
.. now school is only doing papers. his performance is erratic.sometimes can do well, sometimes can't - depending on difficulty of paper la. just last week he failed his chinese compre section mock paper....though prelims he scored very well. faint....

we have some 2013 prelims paper leftovers from the stack of past year papers bought in beginning of the year. will be using that for psle revision. then will revise through all the sch stuff and tuition stuff as a final review for psle. no time to do anything intensive as has both sch work and tuition work weekly. he is down with fever, cough and flu. luckily next week is a short week...have sept holidays to recoup...though still need to go back to sch for 2 days.

all the best to psle to you too!

Mummies,
Last day of school already..some of you may be yesterday. How time flies … it is great to have you guys to journey with this psle year.
On to our next chapter !

Hi Mummies, keen to share how your kids score in P5 & P6 ?

My girl is having PSLE next year and her score for P5 EMS this year are all border line despite having a private tutor 1 to 1. Can't imagine if she's on her own, sure see red.

Hope to hear from you mummies if there's any tips in encouraging or motivate my lazy daughter to study.

She's also always daydream when it comes to studying but become super alert when break time is given.

Hi Mummies,

Hope your child has done well and go to the school of their choice!

Next yr, they will be moving on to another challenge! Hope they will continue to excel and do well :)

Happy Holidays :)

Happy first day of school to our sec 1 kids! Have an exciting year ahead as this year is honeymoon year. :)

Happy 2015, time flies... we have chat for 6 years already...:eek: Hope we will continue to share our happiness and worries.;) All the best to all our kids in their new phase of school life.:cool:

Hi mummies.. my gal going to sec 1 in 2016

I'm seeking advice on usage of mobile.

I'd just passed her a phone since holiday started and I've been checking on her whatsapp and stuff. Then I realised that she's so used to vulgar words and she's super attached to her phone day n night although I'd limit her use but still she'll find way to use it.

Really headache.

Any mummy can advise me on this? Whether you give your child a phone or...

Hi mummies, my boy is entering Secondary 3 next year. We just moved back to Singapore and I am afraid he will not be able to catch up in school. I am helping him in other subjects but for Mathematics we are both clueless. Any homeschool programme for bridging purposes to recommend?

Back