2016/07 July babies

Oh Tuna.. poor thing coz I am in the exact situation as u.. they will also ask me to try again for the forth one and say sure boys one.. I will always say nowsaday 3 is considered many Liao. Or sometimes I will challenge them "sure boy ah? U guarantee?" Then they will auto shut up.. haha
I was wondering if you kena the same also. Oh well. Don't have a ‘好‘ 字, old folks sure give pitying look one.

Just to check. Any mummies experience pale yellow stools from yr LO? Like diarrhea for a few times then becoming creamy. Mine is drinking well. Mine is teething. Any advice?

Just to check. Any mummies experience pale yellow stools from yr LO? Like diarrhea for a few times then becoming creamy. Mine is drinking well. Mine is teething. Any advice?

U got pic? Anyway my take is that if the baby is still active and normal, it is not an area of concern. If u are worried, then bring to doctor.

U got pic? Anyway my take is that if the baby is still active and normal, it is not an area of concern. If u are worried, then bring to doctor.

This is the 6th poo since 4.30pm yesterday. The color now is darker. Yesterday night was much much much lighter (same pale yellow like my medela breast pump) and more watery. Earlier afternoon was in ifc so I dun know how the poo is like. I guess I will monitor for time being. 1st time experiencing this poo color so a bit worried.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 121
My baby abt 70% Bm. The rest Fm. Started solids also. Few spoons a day for past 2 weeks. (Pumpkin, cereal, avocado, sweet potato) Dun think it's food allergy either. Just find it weird that suddenly the poo color change.

I think should bring BB to see a doc since it's the 6th poo Liao. Furthermore your BB is in ifc so dunno if he gotten any bugs from there..

I was wondering if you kena the same also. Oh well. Don't have a ‘好‘ 字, old folks sure give pitying look one.

Ya lor and there are a lot of aunties during gathering but my mil sometimes quite side me says having daughter nowsaday is better than boys.. haha coz she has 4 boys.. she keep saying having daughter more 好命。sometimes I think it's juz me coz dun have a boy to balance my 3 girls

This is the 6th poo since 4.30pm yesterday. The color now is darker. Yesterday night was much much much lighter (same pale yellow like my medela breast pump) and more watery. Earlier afternoon was in ifc so I dun know how the poo is like. I guess I will monitor for time being. 1st time experiencing this poo color so a bit worried.

Looks like something my gal went through maybe 3weeks ago.

She pooped every 2-3hrs. Output similar to yours. But she didn't look in any discomfort. IFC nannies told me at some point during a spurt this will happen to some babies. But so long no watery kind then it's not exactly diarrhea. It lasted about a week.

Looks like something my gal went through maybe 3weeks ago.

She pooped every 2-3hrs. Output similar to yours. But she didn't look in any discomfort. IFC nannies told me at some point during a spurt this will happen to some babies. But so long no watery kind then it's not exactly diarrhea. It lasted about a week.

So glad to know that. I will monitor n see how. Thank you all mummies for the advice. Appreciate.

Hi mummies, I need advice. Recently I don't know where emk jr pick up this bad behavior, when he grab something and we took it away from his hand, he will cry.. I did try to speak nicely to him, ask him to give Mùmmy, then he refuse to give him. He will look away and don't let me touch the toy. Then I try to remove from his hand, he will cry. how to correct this bad behavior ?

Hi Jul 17 mummy,

We have recently added this 'Prenatal Coverage for Pregnancy' at Singapore Motherhood Directory page, please click the link to read more https://goo.gl/4sIJNN

and redeem your complimentary Baby Stroller Organiser https://goo.gl/qxst6s

Plus you will receive a Complimentary ebook on 'An Essential Pregnancy Guide'.

Congrats all new mummy.

Hi Jul 17 mummy,

We have recently added this 'Prenatal Coverage for Pregnancy' at Singapore Motherhood Directory page, please click the link to read more https://goo.gl/4sIJNN

and redeem your complimentary Baby Stroller Organiser https://goo.gl/qxst6s

Plus you will receive a Complimentary ebook on 'An Essential Pregnancy Guide'.

Congrats all new mummy.

Hi mummies, I need advice. Recently I don't know where emk jr pick up this bad behavior, when he grab something and we took it away from his hand, he will cry.. I did try to speak nicely to him, ask him to give Mùmmy, then he refuse to give him. He will look away and don't let me touch the toy. Then I try to remove from his hand, he will cry. how to correct this bad behavior ?
Mine does this while eating. I don't view it as "bad behavior" per se, I think our bb only just recently improved upon their motor skills, and imagine after trying hard to coordinate, control their arms and hands to get them to hold something properly, only to have it taken away.

I would just give her time to finish exploring and enjoy the fruits of her labour, or distract her with something more desirable to her. Of course if it is something dangerous, I do the distraction method immediately haha

Must ask those seasoned mums. If I were u, I will repeat the process of removing the Toy from him and Try to incorporate fun with the removal / withdraw action. Either funny Long stretched sound or try to fake a giggle when doing so.

Sorry had to use imagination.

Mine also started screaming at high pitch. Dunno where she learn from..??
Went through this a while ago. She was just learning about her vocal chords, and how loud she can go. Irritating as it may be, I took the opportunity to train my patience and tune it out, or respond patiently and softly so she learns that:

- she need not scream to get my attention
- screaming does not beget screaming, it is not "normal" to reply with a scream
- when mama wishes for her to tone down, mama is pleased when she does (positive reinforcement when she stops screaming)

My MIL used to scream or echo louder after bubbles' scream to drown out or startle her, which only resulted in a screaming match. I spoke with MIL countless times and demonstrated to her that bubbles will tone down if we respond in kind. She is only learning about her pitch and volume capabilities. It is a developmental phase.

For bubbles, she screamed and squealed for a few alternating days lasting a week. Till today, when she sees my MIL she tends to scream, but thats cos MIL communicates with her with odd shouting baby-talk, so truly, it is monkey see, monkey do, as she doesn't do it with me, or her father.

Went through this a while ago. She was just learning about her vocal chords, and how loud she can go. Irritating as it may be, I took the opportunity to train my patience and tune it out, or respond patiently and softly so she learns that:

- she need not scream to get my attention
- screaming does not beget screaming, it is not "normal" to reply with a scream
- when mama wishes for her to tone down, mama is pleased when she does (positive reinforcement when she stops screaming)

My MIL used to scream or echo louder after bubbles' scream to drown out or startle her, which only resulted in a screaming match. I spoke with MIL countless times and demonstrated to her that bubbles will tone down if we respond in kind. She is only learning about her pitch and volume capabilities. It is a developmental phase.

For bubbles, she screamed and squealed for a few alternating days lasting a week. Till today, when she sees my MIL she tends to scream, but thats cos MIL communicates with her with odd shouting baby-talk, so truly, it is monkey see, monkey do, as she doesn't do it with me, or her father.

Mine was "shouting" for the whole of yesterday. We giggled n carry her up and told her that she will spoil her vocal chord. Tried to distract her with other activities and it works.

Oh yes the "carry me" milestone is getting more obvious. Now if we clap our hands before offering to carry her, she will extend her arms and thrust herself forward. She might also kick excitedly, especially if I am the one who wants to carry her.

My Mum told me that my little one has been extremely kaypo and sociable then relatives came to do cny gift exchange earlier this week. She will let them carry and smile to them. Even play with them!

I have a reunion lunch later. Wish me luck. Hope she continues to be a happy and friendly baby.

By now, does your LO soothe herself to sleep in her bed or need to make her sleep in your arms before putting her down ?

By now, does your LO soothe herself to sleep in her bed or need to make her sleep in your arms before putting her down ?

I need to latch to her to sleep. My mum will carry her until she dozed off then place in cot. But once she is in cot, we let her Gao dim herself if she wakes up suddenly. Will only carry out if she cries.

Does your little Ines start to sleep thru the night?

I need to carry her to sleep. These days I use ergo baby. Free my aching hands. Usually takes 10mins. Then another 10mins to make sure she really konk out before I remove her and place her in cot.

I read by the time they know how to walk they should be making ownself sleep. Let's see.

So long I dreamfeed her at 11pm plus minus she'll STTN till 6am or so. She goes to bed after her last feed at 7-8pm.

Last edited:
I lost all hope liow. Mine refuses to sleep de, unless latched.

Even in carrier, unless we go out, I can carry for up to an hour and she will resist sleep, head nodding, eye rubbing, yawning, already fed, still jerk herself awake to look left look right.

Every night is jin cham. Around 7 will initiate bed time routine, but...every hr or so she will wake and latch until about 11pm. Then every 2hrly after. Wake up around 6 to 7am.

We had to co-sleep cos of this, my csec wound just kept worsening with me carrying her in and out of the cot. Tried sleep training one night, but she starting screaming to tears in her sleep for all naps the whole week after, even while breastsleeping. So I am not optimistic.

But we are trying something new this weekend. Gonna mod her cot to stick next to my bed, so at least she has her own space to roam in and I don't have to keep worrying about her rolling off the bed. See how.

@snowfern how did the mod project go?

My gal sleeps that way too with us. I still can't bear to leave her alone in her own bedroom to sleep (that WAS my plan before I popped). Having her next to me but still having my own space is ideal so far.

Update us if this plan works for you and bubs!

My girl is having fever.. think it's from teething. But she vomited twice so I'm getting a bit worried. Fed her paracetamol n hope she will not be too cranky tonight..

I brought mine out for reunion lunch. My relative was late so it turned out to be an extended lunch (from 11.30-2.30pm).

Had to deal with a cranky baby initially, got to feed her in a car and walk her ard the mall. Finally, she dozed off on daddy's body while she's strapped on the carrier. Daddy has difficulty eating cos he was like in a 45 degree angle for the little girl to sleep nicely.

Nonetheless, it was a good training for kwl jr. she got passed around the whole table. And she enjoyed the short interaction with each relative. My relatives also commented that this is a very sociable baby. Won't anyhow cry. Hubby was proud of it too and shared how we managed to have 2hr rest at a friend's house when friend's parents played with baby throughout the time. Hubby also endorsed my insistence not to let baby watch phone, ipad and tv. My Relative's baby was glued to ipad and in her own world throughout the gathering. Doesn't allow anyone beyond the parents to carry.

When we're home, she is very tired but had difficulty sleeping. Kept nursing and face rub on the mattress. Crawl and roll from daddy's side to mummy's side. End up both daddy and mummy give up and fell asleep with her rolling and shouting. Hahaha.

When I wake up half hour later, she was asleep in between us. Crawled out of our bed n went to do housework. From the look of her position, I think she is damn tired.

This is prelude for CNY.

My girl is having fever.. think it's from teething. But she vomited twice so I'm getting a bit worried. Fed her paracetamol n hope she will not be too cranky tonight..

Oh no. How is she now? Still throw up or not? Do you see any teeth buds? Mummy must be so busy and worried.

My gal has always been a ok-with-everyone until yesterday. I knew this stage will come as baby starts to recognize faces and feeling some kind of anxiety with new sight/environment. A relative house gathering yesterday and she wasn't happy at all. Never seen her with so much tears until yesterday. Maybe just woke up so a little overwhelming when I brought her out from upstairs room down to the hall. At the staircase walking down the people looked up and cheered her on and she couldn't take it .

But things got a little better after an hour or so.

Ya lor and there are a lot of aunties during gathering but my mil sometimes quite side me says having daughter nowsaday is better than boys.. haha coz she has 4 boys.. she keep saying having daughter more 好命。sometimes I think it's juz me coz dun have a boy to balance my 3 girls
Next time ur girls get married u have 3sons. Girl is closer to mum.

@snowfern how did the mod project go?

My gal sleeps that way too with us. I still can't bear to leave her alone in her own bedroom to sleep (that WAS my plan before I popped). Having her next to me but still having my own space is ideal so far.

Update us if this plan works for you and bubs!
Haha all we did was rush around running errands :( no chance to work on it..then this weekend CNY liow.... dunno how man.. the longer we drag, the stronger her lungs lol!!!

Thanks everyone.. verluv jr is better now. Fever subsided, no more throwing up. I can feel something in her gum though not all out yet. Can't see the whitish teeth.

My gal has always been a ok-with-everyone until yesterday. I knew this stage will come as baby starts to recognize faces and feeling some kind of anxiety with new sight/environment. A relative house gathering yesterday and she wasn't happy at all. Never seen her with so much tears until yesterday. Maybe just woke up so a little overwhelming when I brought her out from upstairs room down to the hall. At the staircase walking down the people looked up and cheered her on and she couldn't take it .

But things got a little better after an hour or so.

I think it's because she juz woke up... but hor, really leh.. babies now can recognize face.. depending on their mood too.

Emk jr know how to 'hi 5 ' he will open up his palm and bring his hand up to wait for my hand to hi5. Haha I love to sabo his daddy by ask emk jr to hi 5 when he happily sucks fingers, emk jr will take his hand out from mouth to hi5, his daddy got no choice have to hi5 with saliva hand

Emk jr know how to 'hi 5 ' he will open up his palm and bring his hand up to wait for my hand to hi5. Haha I love to sabo his daddy by ask emk jr to hi 5 when he happily sucks fingers, emk jr will take his hand out from mouth to hi5, his daddy got no choice have to hi5 with saliva hand

Nice one! HAHA~

Hello mummies. I am here to report a new skill my daughter has. She loves to sing . So she sits on my mum's lap and hit the piano. Pause and cough (to clear threat) and started singing.

This week she tries to hit soprano high key. Hahaha
Tuna jnr no longer likes to sing at the piano. She prefers to "play" the piano now. The second we near the piano, she'll exclaim "Oh" or "Wa". She sits on my lap and will use both hands to hammer hard. Think the loud noise very shiok for her. She'll squawk and cackle with laughter. Very noisy baby.

Just had 6-in-1 jab today, slight fever plus cool weather, she sleep until song song.

Reactions: KWL

Seems like i have an easy baby this round. He auto tired and rub eyes ard 8pm. Diaper change, bottle feed, drop into cot. He turn around and sleep on his own...

With my no1, I had to carry, rock and sing song for abt 15mins b4 he gets drowsy and I can put him down. He will sometimes cry to be picked up but I seldom will pick him up again. And then he sleeps... both kids sleep on their own in their rooms.

Better, still coughing and sneezing a bit. Wonder is it the weather too cooling liao...

Oh ... did u give any medicine for his cough ? Emk jr caught running nose virus from my nephew and he sneezing, running nose and cough a bit ...

Hope the unwell babies get well soon. Kissies.

My gal's runny nose FINALLY stops. It started since ifc 3 mths ago. Hope this means she is building her immunity.

Hey I just weighed my gal. Eh no weight gain since 3-4weeks ago. But she definitely grew bigger leh. Maybe my weighing scale spoilt haha.

Hope the unwell babies get well soon. Kissies.

My gal's runny nose FINALLY stops. It started since ifc 3 mths ago. Hope this means she is building her immunity.

Hey I just weighed my gal. Eh no weight gain since 3-4weeks ago. But she definitely grew bigger leh. Maybe my weighing scale spoilt haha.
She probably grew taller, the chubs has gone to lengthen her hence no wt gain :)
As of yesterday's 6-in-1 and assessment, mine has gained almost 1 kg since early Dec, but height like not much of an increase. She seems to be expanding only horizontally :eek:Cham.

Seems like i have an easy baby this round. He auto tired and rub eyes ard 8pm. Diaper change, bottle feed, drop into cot. He turn around and sleep on his own...

With my no1, I had to carry, rock and sing song for abt 15mins b4 he gets drowsy and I can put him down. He will sometimes cry to be picked up but I seldom will pick him up again. And then he sleeps... both kids sleep on their own in their rooms.
@candy, that's fantastic! A while ago, you were lamenting about your boy napping very well but night time sleep driving you mad.

@redvel do you visit you gal after she is in ifc? If yes, when is the best time you drop by to see?

My ifc doesn't encourage visits partly there may be babies who don't like strangers (stage of recognizing faces). It was a real example as first 3 days I was there with my gal. A couple of babies saw me and cried. But of course you can drop by anytime and the teacher can bring out the baby to you. At least that's the practice of my ifc.

For me I didn't visit... I chop chop finished work and pick her up back home early early and plant loads of kisses on her! Missed her like mad.

When is your gal starting hers? I think you mentioned but auntie here forgot....

She probably grew taller, the chubs has gone to lengthen her hence no wt gain :)
As of yesterday's 6-in-1 and assessment, mine has gained almost 1 kg since early Dec, but height like not much of an increase. She seems to be expanding only horizontally :eek:Cham.

Hehe tuna jr must be a chub chub.

Verdict is out that now my gal can't eat solid much when she is on high chair. She will be focused on her bib and starts to bite the bib, and sings song. The most give her 3-4spoons she starts to be very agitated. So last evening 爷爷carried her and I fed. Wah she ate like so happy and even cried when the bowl is empty.

Am I in trouble or let her be carried ?

@candy, that's fantastic! A while ago, you were lamenting about your boy napping very well but night time sleep driving you mad.

Comparing w my no1, the good thing abt no2 is that he doesn't need to be coaxed to sleep and can self soothe most of the time.

But no1 slept thru the night at 3mo, now no2 is 7mo and he still wakes ard 5/6am for a milk feed... well, also can consider STTN right? 9pm - 5am? Haha!

Hehe tuna jr must be a chub chub.

Verdict is out that now my gal can't eat solid much when she is on high chair. She will be focused on her bib and starts to bite the bib, and sings song. The most give her 3-4spoons she starts to be very agitated. So last evening 爷爷carried her and I fed. Wah she ate like so happy and even cried when the bowl is empty.

Am I in trouble or let her be carried ?

Based on my experiences w no1, u will have headache if bb needs to be carried to be fed.

My no1 was ok on high chair or bumbo (the baby chair that trains kid to sit)... then slowly he started to cry after sitting in high chair for sometime and wants to be carried. InLaws cannot tahan so pick him out and fed him sitting on lap. Bad habit develop, some times when we go out to eat he wun want to sit on high chair. BUT when there is only my HB and I, he will guai guai sit on high chair! Kids really know how to 看人。I give up enforcing when I was pregnant and dun want to spoil r/s... if my in laws want to carry it's their daiji, dun pass back to me...

Really headache... @redvel, I hope you can try to enforce. But if it is ok with u, u can let grandpa carry lor?

Back