Infertility Support Group

Hi all

I'm new here and have gone through quite a bit in my TTC journey. Been trying for 2yrs+ now.. and I went through 3 cycles of IVF but all 3 failed :( Before the start of my ivf cycle, Dr Sadhana put me of 2 cycles of Letrozole.... but it didn't work (I had major hair loss then and it totally freaked me out!) So after my 3rd failed IVF cycle.. I decided to see a private gynae and he suspected I've endometriosis. I also have low ovarian reserves as detected by kkh and the private gynae. But everything else seems OK. . done the tube test and no blockage.. hubby's sperm is OK... private gynae put me on 2 cycles of chlomid + jab but still I'm not pregnant... so we are not sure why we can't conceive even with IVF:(( I've tried TCM during my 2nd and 3rd IVF cycles... and after 3 IVF cycles I'm very sure I don't want to go thru it again. The emotional roller coaster is too much for me. So I'm very hopeful that, with God's grace, we will be able to conceive naturally... not easy to not think about it like what everyone else is saying to me..... just turned 40 this yr so my stress level is high up there :S

As for the endometriosis.. I'm not sure if I should get a 2nd opinion. Coz i have this nagging feeling that my gynae just want me to go for the laparoscopy just for the money. He quoted me 17k for the whole procedure. My hubby also does not have a good feeling with this gynae. Any advise pls?

Hi all

I'm new here and have gone through quite a bit in my TTC journey. Been trying for 2yrs+ now.. and I went through 3 cycles of IVF but all 3 failed :( Before the start of my ivf cycle, Dr Sadhana put me of 2 cycles of Letrozole.... but it didn't work (I had major hair loss then and it totally freaked me out!) So after my 3rd failed IVF cycle.. I decided to see a private gynae and he suspected I've endometriosis. I also have low ovarian reserves as detected by kkh and the private gynae. But everything else seems OK. . done the tube test and no blockage.. hubby's sperm is OK... private gynae put me on 2 cycles of chlomid + jab but still I'm not pregnant... so we are not sure why we can't conceive even with IVF:(( I've tried TCM during my 2nd and 3rd IVF cycles... and after 3 IVF cycles I'm very sure I don't want to go thru it again. The emotional roller coaster is too much for me. So I'm very hopeful that, with God's grace, we will be able to conceive naturally... not easy to not think about it like what everyone else is saying to me..... just turned 40 this yr so my stress level is high up there :S

As for the endometriosis.. I'm not sure if I should get a 2nd opinion. Coz i have this nagging feeling that my gynae just want me to go for the laparoscopy just for the money. He quoted me 17k for the whole procedure. My hubby also does not have a good feeling with this gynae. Any advise pls?
$17k?! That is too expensive!! Your endometriosis is on which side and what is the size?

$17k?! That is too expensive!! Your endometriosis is on which side and what is the size?
The thing is... my gynae just suspects I have endometriosis. .. he said it's not detected thru scans and blood test.. so need to do the laparoscopy to see if really got endo... he said through the procedure, if it's really endo then he can remove it on the spot.... is that how it goes?

The thing is... my gynae just suspects I have endometriosis. .. he said it's not detected thru scans and blood test.. so need to do the laparoscopy to see if really got endo... he said through the procedure, if it's really endo then he can remove it on the spot.... is that how it goes?
Mine wasn't this case.. through pelvic scan was able to see endometriosis on both of my ovaries.. blood test showed my ca-125 level was very high.. u may want to seek 2nd opinion..

Mine wasn't this case.. through pelvic scan was able to see endometriosis on both of my ovaries.. blood test showed my ca-125 level was very high.. u may want to seek 2nd opinion..

Yeah for me.. pelvic scan was all clear... and my ca-125 level was ok too... that's why I'm confused... i think a 2nd opinion would be give me a better idea.... Any good fertility gynae to recommend?

Hi all

Is that located in the womb? I had a endoscopy scrap day surgery n was done before i start my ivf journey. Was told that it was inside my womb so im asked to remove that. Im under dr thh

Hi all

Why don't you seek another dr's opinion, if you're not comfy with this gynae's words? Might better to find someone else.

Is that located in the womb? I had a endoscopy scrap day surgery n was done before i start my ivf journey. Was told that it was inside my womb so im asked to remove that. Im under dr thh
I think so... my gynae said he will do keyhole on both sides of my tummy and another at belly button... need to stay in hospital for a day after the surgery.. KKH did not detect anything when I went for my IVF cycles... so I'm wondering do I really have it and kkh did not do the proper screening b4 my IVF cycles thus all 3 BFN....

Hi Snow19

dont think like that!!! We have no choice for such pain you can only think that god is giving you a beautiful baby thats why you have to wait a bit longer.... There are still many out there who also have fertility problems or unexplained infertility for their 1st child... I envy you at least you still have a child... For me i already 3rd IUI now in my 2WW still hoping for miracles.... Low sperm counts i can recommend you to buy Fertility Blend.... My Husband also eats that although he doesn't have count problems but his motility is low, after taking the supplement eventually his count went up from 17million to 24million only for the 1st cycle... Progessive also went up from 10% to 40%.... Maybe you can try to ask your husband to take this and see how it goes.... I am also same as you i am unable to conceive naturally....only way out is to try IUI 1st....Good Luck!!!

Can I ask how long apart were ur husband's test results? How long did he take the supplements to result in the increase? My husband's motility is also slightly low at 14milion and he just started supplements...

Hi, may I know which tcm u went to? My prolactin level is also on a high side, has tried to conceive for 2yrs+ after my first child.. am quite disappointed after 3 tries of iui n 1 soiui..

The fertility center is in Malaysia actually. consultant is Dr Terrenz. I know her through my cousin, she get pregnant after consume the tcm products. So I decided to give a try. :p you can learn more through the center website verdure-fertility.com

You can give it a try. hope its work on you too.:) dont give up. ;)

Hi all

u can insist that u want other option.
u r the customer after all.

but low ovarian reserves not recommended to go for the keyhole surgery. its bound to destroy some of your eggs.

where did u do your ivf?

Hi keeptrying, you can seek a second opinion from Dr Steven Teo (http://www.stogpractice.com) for endometriosis issues. I have endometriosis and had it removed by another dr and still couldn't conceive naturally within 1 year after surgery. Hence I decided to go for IVF at TFC and chance upon dr teo, I heard he is into endometriosis research. His clinic is at TMC and he gives really straightforward advises.

Hi Snow19

dont think like that!!! We have no choice for such pain you can only think that god is giving you a beautiful baby thats why you have to wait a bit longer.... There are still many out there who also have fertility problems or unexplained infertility for their 1st child... I envy you at least you still have a child... For me i already 3rd IUI now in my 2WW still hoping for miracles.... Low sperm counts i can recommend you to buy Fertility Blend.... My Husband also eats that although he doesn't have count problems but his motility is low, after taking the supplement eventually his count went up from 17million to 24million only for the 1st cycle... Progessive also went up from 10% to 40%.... Maybe you can try to ask your husband to take this and see how it goes.... I am also same as you i am unable to conceive naturally....only way out is to try IUI 1st....Good Luck!!!
may i know where to buy fertility blend?

@positivity @Jaen @snow19

Have you tried Zinc and COQ10 for your husbands? They have been studied to help with sperm quality and count. I can *cough* personally attest to COQ10 increasing semen quantity (no, I didn't do a sperm count as my reason for the supplement was not baby-related) Hope this helps!

Hi ladies, im new here. I'm currently in my 2ww HL and hb is away so I am kinda bored and chanced upon this thread.

I'm 40 this year. At the age of 35, my kidney failed and my hb donated his kidney to me. Bec of this, I am now allowed to ttc for the 1st 2 years. By the time my kidney doc approved me of having a baby, I am already 37. I tot things should be easy, but half a year no news so we decided to go for ivf. I went to sgh to take advantage of the grant, in 2 years I did 3 x ivf, all bfn. I have little reserve, hb has 0 morphology. But I wasn't ready to give up yet, I decided to seek a private doc. I went through 3 doc and met up with them for scans and 1st appt. All 3 doctors found that I have a big fibroid and plus I have serious endo. After seeking all reviews, I decided to go with dr Roland who was kind and sincere in taking my case. He suggest to remove my fibroid but before that, do a fresh cycle of ER to freeze my embryos. This make me nervous, for the past record decides have 3-4 eggs, and never culture to d5 blast, but he was very confident. So we went ahead, retrieve 6 follicles, 4 matured eggs, 3 fertilized and all 3 made it to blast. After this, I went ahead with the surgery, it's an open op coz it was big but when they open me up, it was a case of adenomyoma, a more serious case than endo. Anyway since opened, they cleared as much as possible and after th at my af went missing for 3 months. When my af finally came, dr Roland decides to stop my menses so that my adenomyoma and endo will not cause any more issue when my uterus now is cleared. End Dec last year, I finally transferred 1 x good blast in me and last week I tested a bfp and waiting for bt tmr.

For me, I think working with the right doctor is impt. I wished I went to him earlier but no point regretting, now it's to move forward. At least I tried, even if it's not positive, I will not regret not trying hard enough for a baby. Both my hb and I are opened to adoptions anyway.

I hoped my story encouraged u ladies! God bless!

Hi ladies, im new here. I'm currently in my 2ww HL and hb is away so I am kinda bored and chanced upon this thread.

I'm 40 this year. At the age of 35, my kidney failed and my hb donated his kidney to me. Bec of this, I am now allowed to ttc for the 1st 2 years. By the time my kidney doc approved me of having a baby, I am already 37. I tot things should be easy, but half a year no news so we decided to go for ivf. I went to sgh to take advantage of the grant, in 2 years I did 3 x ivf, all bfn. I have little reserve, hb has 0 morphology. But I wasn't ready to give up yet, I decided to seek a private doc. I went through 3 doc and met up with them for scans and 1st appt. All 3 doctors found that I have a big fibroid and plus I have serious endo. After seeking all reviews, I decided to go with dr Roland who was kind and sincere in taking my case. He suggest to remove my fibroid but before that, do a fresh cycle of ER to freeze my embryos. This make me nervous, for the past record decides have 3-4 eggs, and never culture to d5 blast, but he was very confident. So we went ahead, retrieve 6 follicles, 4 matured eggs, 3 fertilized and all 3 made it to blast. After this, I went ahead with the surgery, it's an open op coz it was big but when they open me up, it was a case of adenomyoma, a more serious case than endo. Anyway since opened, they cleared as much as possible and after th at my af went missing for 3 months. When my af finally came, dr Roland decides to stop my menses so that my adenomyoma and endo will not cause any more issue when my uterus now is cleared. End Dec last year, I finally transferred 1 x good blast in me and last week I tested a bfp and waiting for bt tmr.

For me, I think working with the right doctor is impt. I wished I went to him earlier but no point regretting, now it's to move forward. At least I tried, even if it's not positive, I will not regret not trying hard enough for a baby. Both my hb and I are opened to adoptions anyway.

I hoped my story encouraged u ladies! God bless!
Hi.. thanks for sharing your story... May I know where is Dr Roland frm please? And is he expensive? I'm 40 also and had 3 cycles of IVF at KKH... all BFN... not too sure if I'm keen to go thru another round and ive maxed out the 3 times usage of Medisave plus no more government grant.. so just curious as to how much it will cost.... I've checked with Raffles... they quoted me 18k

Anyway.. I hope you'll get good news soon!

Hi.. thanks for sharing your story... May I know where is Dr Roland frm please? And is he expensive? I'm 40 also and had 3 cycles of IVF at KKH... all BFN... not too sure if I'm keen to go thru another round and ive maxed out the 3 times usage of Medisave plus no more government grant.. so just curious as to how much it will cost.... I've checked with Raffles... they quoted me 18k

Anyway.. I hope you'll get good news soon!
Hi! Because of my case of kidney transplant, dr yu in sgh gave me clomid instead of injections. And with that, dr Roland realised that clomid work well for me, so he use that with some injections. So my medication cost is not as exp as some of my friends who went to dr Roland. My er was 6k and et was 4k excluding medication.

Dr Roland clinics are at mount e novena and parkway east. The fertility center is virtus at Pacific plaza.

Hope this helps.

Hi! Because of my case of kidney transplant, dr yu in sgh gave me clomid instead of injections. And with that, dr Roland realised that clomid work well for me, so he use that with some injections. So my medication cost is not as exp as some of my friends who went to dr Roland. My er was 6k and et was 4k excluding medication.

Dr Roland clinics are at mount e novena and parkway east. The fertility center is virtus at Pacific plaza.

Hope this helps.
Thank you...

I'm 33 this yr. We ttc for about one year so far but no good news yet. My journey is tough as I'm working with a milk powder company and everyone around me seems like kids very much, get preggy one by one without any issues. They like to talk about kids/baby stories at work and to me it is very stressful to work under this kind of environment. Seriously I m thinking of giving up this job bcos of this but I indeed like my job very much and feel not right to give up just become of this reason. We ve been gone thru all tests. No blockage, everything is ok for me except that my hubby sperm morphology isn't that good. 1% and it should be min. 4%. My dr suggest iui and gave me clomid to try. I was on clomid 2 cycles but realized clomid was bad for me. Side effects like mood swing & thinner lining that made me unable to proceed with iui. Dr said he would change med for me next round. However I was so scared of med or jap so I decided to give up on iui. I m thinking of trying Chinese tcm now. I hope I get pregnant naturally. Currently we are taking dietary supplements to hopefully help to boost our health, esp for my hubby sperm quality. I also put myself strictly on high protein low carbo diet (read somewhere that it helps to make our body more fertile)

but so far we do not see any results yet :(

Happy to know about this forum cos I do see u girls are with me. Let's pray hard and jia you for each other :)

I'm 33 this yr. We ttc for about one year so far but no good news yet. My journey is tough as I'm working with a milk powder company and everyone around me seems like kids very much, get preggy one by one without any issues. They like to talk about kids/baby stories at work and to me it is very stressful to work under this kind of environment. Seriously I m thinking of giving up this job bcos of this but I indeed like my job very much and feel not right to give up just become of this reason. We ve been gone thru all tests. No blockage, everything is ok for me except that my hubby sperm morphology isn't that good. 1% and it should be min. 4%. My dr suggest iui and gave me clomid to try. I was on clomid 2 cycles but realized clomid was bad for me. Side effects like mood swing & thinner lining that made me unable to proceed with iui. Dr said he would change med for me next round. However I was so scared of med or jap so I decided to give up on iui. I m thinking of trying Chinese tcm now. I hope I get pregnant naturally. Currently we are taking dietary supplements to hopefully help to boost our health, esp for my hubby sperm quality. I also put myself strictly on high protein low carbo diet (read somewhere that it helps to make our body more fertile)

Happy to know about this forum cos I do see u girls are with me. Let's pray hard and jia you for each other :)

U n ur hub can try take coq10 which i think are good n for sperm wise some recommend bio zinc

Hi snow19. Thanks for your advice. Yes. We are on amino acid supplement as well as zinc,q10 and etc.

We really hope that nutrition could help in fertility. I personally don't see any big issues on both of us. We have healthy lifestyle. No alcohol. No smoking. I myself even avoid caffeine. We are not fussy eaters. We try take home cooked food as much as we can.

Besides our effort on nutrition, going to try tcm next week.

Wish to share my good news with all of you soon.

Hi dear, my hb facing sperm morphology less than 1% too and also low sperm count. We tried to eat healthy, cut down oily food, eat folid and vitamin E also of no help at all. Been ttc for almost 1.5 yrs. I am 32 and my hb is 37. Doc mentioned that IUI will have less success rate for our condition. Advised to go for ivf. I am scare of the needle too. Just Started to go for ivf. TCM said my report and mentioned i have low egg reserve which is 1 only. For my age should have 2 or 3. For now i still trying my best to ttc naturally.

Hi Fel C, thanks for sharing. So how's ur ivf progress so far?

We are quite mentally prepared for ivf indeed. Heard many cases that iui success rate not fantastic so not worth. Will give ourselves few more months to ttc naturally first. If not, will likely proceed to ivf. (Sad..)

According to my hubby, after taking those supplements he feels more energetic and healthy. I ask him to continue since those supp works well on him in terms of health.

I know nutrition takes longer time to see the effect....at the moment we rather wait for a bit longer. Hope miracle comes..pray hard!

Hi Fel C, thanks for sharing. So how's ur ivf progress so far?

We are quite mentally prepared for ivf indeed. Heard many cases that iui success rate not fantastic so not worth. Will give ourselves few more months to ttc naturally first. If not, will likely proceed to ivf. (Sad..)

According to my hubby, after taking those supplements he feels more energetic and healthy. I ask him to continue since those supp works well on him in terms of health.

I know nutrition takes longer time to see the effect....at the moment we rather wait for a bit longer. Hope miracle comes..pray hard!
Now on waiting list.

Hi dear, my hb facing sperm morphology less than 1% too and also low sperm count. We tried to eat healthy, cut down oily food, eat folid and vitamin E also of no help at all. Been ttc for almost 1.5 yrs. I am 32 and my hb is 37. Doc mentioned that IUI will have less success rate for our condition. Advised to go for ivf. I am scare of the needle too. Just Started to go for ivf. TCM said my report and mentioned i have low egg reserve which is 1 only. For my age should have 2 or 3. For now i still trying my best to ttc naturally.

Ur case is like similar to mine, my eggs produced all are immature egg dun have any mature egg. Even with ivf help my egg doesn grow until my doc change the medicine. Sometimes need western medicine help to make the egg grow. Taking tcm only can improve the womb n recuperate the body

Anyone tried IVF bridge fertility center in JB before ?

Hi I'm seeing him (Dr Tan) now. He is a very experienced dr. While waiting to see him, used to chat with one of his patients, told me that she did two times ivf, both succeeded now got two kids. Sound like his ivf success rate is quite high. I'm still thinking whether to go bk to him for iui, as advised by him to do iui first for my case. I am personally happy with him too. But some downsides just take note. 1) he does not accept appointment 2) closed on Thursday and public holiday so must take note of Msia's ph 3) he prefer treats you slowly, try not to rush to have better results. u may need to go bk for reviews frequently and transport/time would be an issue.

Hi I'm seeing him (Dr Tan) now. He is a very experienced dr. While waiting to see him, used to chat with one of his patients, told me that she did two times ivf, both succeeded now got two kids. Sound like his ivf success rate is quite high. I'm still thinking whether to go bk to him for iui, as advised by him to do iui first for my case. I am personally happy with him too. But some downsides just take note. 1) he does not accept appointment 2) closed on Thursday and public holiday so must take note of Msia's ph 3) he prefer treats you slowly, try not to rush to have better results. u may need to go bk for reviews frequently and transport/time would be an issue.

Thank you for the advise. Traveling can be a stress indeed. I thought he takes appointment for IVF clients ?

May I know how much are his charges? Or how much is the IVF package?

May I know how much are his charges? Or how much is the IVF package?

The ivf is about 20k~ in ringgit. Can pay by installment 3x. I normally paid 100-200 ringgit for every visit, depends on type of med/treatment given. In conclusion, I think his charges is generally cheaper than Sg, partly also due to weak ringgit currency now.

The ivf is about 20k~ in ringgit. Can pay by installment 3x. I normally paid 100-200 ringgit for every visit, depends on type of med/treatment given. In conclusion, I think his charges is generally cheaper than Sg, partly also due to weak ringgit currency now.
Thanks for your reply. And yes definitely cheaper than to go private here in SG. Will consider and do more research on it.

Hi all

Hi Dear,

I know how it feels to be in your shoes because i've been there and its very tiring inside out and i almost gave up. I went through 3 cycles of IVF as well. And then in the end, endometriosis. Laparoscopy But didn't opt for it. Too expensive. What are the chances of success since it looked so slim? I gave up. Tried TCM. Being hopeful, but still failed. Failed and failed and failed again. I was so depressed, lost. I couldn't focus on my daily routine and i was so lost. I was recommended by a friend of mine who similarly had the same situation, who also couldn't conceive eventually turned into a success story. I couldn't believe it. She recommended me to a person named Ben, who advised on natural methods/foods to conceive. I couldn't believe it at first but i had no other choice and i had to give a final shot at this chance still being skeptical with an ounce of hope. He only charged $500 net for his consultation/advise. Please note that He is not medical doctor (which is very hard to believe, which i found it hard too at first??) but he shared that he was once in our dire position to conceive and this method of his eventually worked not only for himself but many successful stories which most include many desperate to-be families and females like myself. Of this moment, i am the most happiest Mother in the world of 3 beautiful children and i still cannot believe it!

After conceiving my first child which i could not believe, i gave him an angbow as a gratitude of thankfulness. Just sharing a personal story of mine and to remind you to never ever give up and keep on trying whatever life's hardship throws at you. You can try give it a shot if you have no other choices, after all what's $500 compared to thousands of dollars we spend trying for success with slim to 0 chances? Even if it doesn't work, at least you tried but this is a chance you can try. If you ever decide, you can contact Ben at 93871425. Peace. Love and Don't ever give up. God bless.

Hi Dear,

I know how it feels to be in your shoes because i've been there and its very tiring inside out and i almost gave up. I went through 3 cycles of IVF as well. And then in the end, endometriosis. Laparoscopy But didn't opt for it. Too expensive. What are the chances of success since it looked so slim? I gave up. Tried TCM. Being hopeful, but still failed. Failed and failed and failed again. I was so depressed, lost. I couldn't focus on my daily routine and i was so lost. I was recommended by a friend of mine who similarly had the same situation, who also couldn't conceive eventually turned into a success story. I couldn't believe it. She recommended me to a person named Ben, who advised on natural methods/foods to conceive. I couldn't believe it at first but i had no other choice and i had to give a final shot at this chance still being skeptical with an ounce of hope. He only charged $500 net for his consultation/advise. Please note that He is not medical doctor (which is very hard to believe, which i found it hard too at first??) but he shared that he was once in our dire position to conceive and this method of his eventually worked not only for himself but many successful stories which most include many desperate to-be families and females like myself. Of this moment, i am the most happiest Mother in the world of 3 beautiful children and i still cannot believe it!

After conceiving my first child which i could not believe, i gave him an angbow as a gratitude of thankfulness. Just sharing a personal story of mine and to remind you to never ever give up and keep on trying whatever life's hardship throws at you. You can try give it a shot if you have no other choices, after all what's $500 compared to thousands of dollars we spend trying for success with slim to 0 chances? Even if it doesn't work, at least you tried but this is a chance you can try. If you ever decide, you can contact Ben at 93871425. Peace. Love and Don't ever give up. God bless.

Hi. Just curious over this person named Ben. Is he a nutritionist? What kind of natural methods rec by him? I'm quite interested or can I just wataspp him to know more?

Hi. Just curious over this person named Ben. Is he a nutritionist? What kind of natural methods rec by him? I'm quite interested or can I just wataspp him to know more?

Yes definitely! Its better to call him to clear your doubts. He is not a legally trained but has alot of experience with success stories. Give it a shot! Wherever your path your are on, dont ever give up! God bless

Hi all, we went through a pretty rough period figuring out options for our infertility. After years of fear and uncertainty we have completed the first part of our surrogacy journey overseas. We are blessed and we would like to be that beacon of light to help and share our experiences with others who are intending to go through the same journey as us.

https://www.sgsurrogacy.com

I went yesterday, did some tests and now arranging for sonohysterography ultrasound. Have to go for 2nd appoitment to review if i suitable for the procedure. Haiz, will they reject me?
How about u?

Morning babe!
Aiyo, don't think too much, the possibility of getting rejected for IVF is very low, stay positive ok! *hugs*
When's your second appointment?

My appointment with Dr. Sadhana is on 10/March, that's the earliest availability.
I am actually seeking a few opinion from different doctors and see how things work.
Attending appointment with TMC and IVF Bridge coming Saturday, both are located at JB.

Kind of nervous also~

Morning babe!
Aiyo, don't think too much, the possibility of getting rejected for IVF is very low, stay positive ok! *hugs*
When's your second appointment?

My appointment with Dr. Sadhana is on 10/March, that's the earliest availability.
I am actually seeking a few opinion from different doctors and see how things work.
Attending appointment with TMC and IVF Bridge coming Saturday, both are located at JB.

Kind of nervous also~
My next appt is 22 March.
Considering JB too, we are allowed to choose the gender of baby if opt to do IVF in Malaysia. But no govn subsidy plus time consuming

My next appt is 22 March.
Considering JB too, we are allowed to choose the gender of baby if opt to do IVF in Malaysia. But no govn subsidy plus time consuming

Time consuming yeah, and very inconvenient too if doing in JB.
I didn't know doing in Malaysia can choose the gender - but I guess the most important thing is the health of the baby.

Back