September 2017 Mummies

dun worry about tt. i fluctuate between 28 and 35 days. for #1 i was the 35 day cycle so EDD was pushed back 1 week by the gynae after the scan. is normal. LMD is just a easy way fo estimating, but everyon's ovulation dates are different... count from ovulation date more accurate.

Thanks, I had miscarriage last year Jan. Baby has no heartbeat even till 8 weeks so this time round I'm a little concerned. Today, I went for 2nd opinion after my first appointment last week. This time round, I went to see Dr Beh at Thomson. So knowing my ovulation date, he counted me as 6 weeks plus. The sac did grow from 1.1cm to 1.3cm as of today which is pretty good and I can see a little flicker light on the screen. Dr Beh turn on the speaker trying to see if we can hear the heartbeat and he was amazed that we can hear the heartbeat. It made my day! But he say the measurement looks 5weeks+ so it is indeed smaller than a week. So, he got me to take another proluton injection and ask me to carry on my daily progesterone.

By the way I have no pregnancy symptoms except that my breast is painful but this week it stop! I'm not sure if I counted myself lucky or not but it still made me worried.

Nothing much except sore nipples.. i'm worried coz i'm the type with no MS, so i dun really feel pregnant. still got a week more to see gynae... i guess i'll just continue to be positive while feeling a little paranoid.

Don't worry about it. I also like "hoping" for more MS to come. But nothing yet except sore boobs, bloating and just feeling plain tired. Hmmm. I think we shld just stay positive! :) jia you!

Hi ladies just wanna share - don't be worried if you do not have MS symptoms because if u have been regularly taking supplements to prep your body for pregnancy, your body most likely would not be severely impacted by MS...
At most a little giddiness, sore nipples etc.

:) hope it helps to ease some of your 'worries' on not feeling any MS..

Hi ladies just wanna share - don't be worried if you do not have MS symptoms because if u have been regularly taking supplements to prep your body for pregnancy, your body most likely would not be severely impacted by MS...

Oh, does that help? I have been taking those GNC supplements tho... hmmm, hope for the best and thanks babe!

any mama sick during preggy? my bb shld be 6wks by now but im down with fever flu and cough.. gp prescribed preggy safe mcine but just feeling paranoid if will affect bb inside though i alrdy consume

oh and one more qns anyone feeling weird sensations at tummy area alrdy? i ve mc b4 my first baby n i noe mc comes with cramps. the sensations now are not cramps though but its like ad hoc stretching of ur tummy area.. a lil slight pain but then im thinking is that too early to feel such?

i experience menstrual like cramps the day before i tested positive and tot my period coming.. the cramps continued for the next few days and i read tat is due to the uterus stretching so don worry too much :) as long as no heavy spotting it should be normal

oh and one more qns anyone feeling weird sensations at tummy area alrdy? i ve mc b4 my first baby n i noe mc comes with cramps. the sensations now are not cramps though but its like ad hoc stretching of ur tummy area.. a lil slight pain but then im thinking is that too early to feel such?
I think you are referring to pulling sensation. I'm experiencing it too. If you Google it, they say is the uterus expanding to accommodate the baby which is good.

any mama sick during preggy? my bb shld be 6wks by now but im down with fever flu and cough.. gp prescribed preggy safe mcine but just feeling paranoid if will affect bb inside though i alrdy consume

Yes I'm having fever, running nose n sore throat.

I also went to see doc. So hv 2 sides of medicine to take.
1 from gynae and 1 from gp.

I guess is hormones changing..

Yes I'm having fever, running nose n sore throat.

I also went to see doc. So hv 2 sides of medicine to take.
1 from gynae and 1 from gp.

I guess is hormones changing..

I am having slight fever too, runny nose, sometimes blocked nose, and cough.
I went for my 1st appointment with my Gynea, he said it is normal, just take a good rest and drink plenty of water.

My previous mc started with dark brown/red spotting, I went to KK A&E for pregnancy and the GP told me spotting is normal in pregnancy , unless it is a heavy flow that Is sufficient to fill up a normal pad, then theres nothing to worry about. GP then sent me off. The spotting continued for 3-4 more days and finally on the 4th night became bright red like menstrual flow. I woke up in the middle of the night with severe cramps and rushed to KKH again, by then I have already lost the baby thru all that bleeding..

So I feel that spotting is common but definitely not "normal". If spotting is coupled with severe middle cramps best to consult ur gynae...

I did read somewhere that cramps at the sides (near ur hip bones) is pretty common and no cause for alarm. :)

re: symptoms... i also have not much! but (fingers crossed) hoping i'm just lucky coz #1 also not much symptoms, save for lightheadedness, sleepy, and heightened sense of smell. to date, only the first 2 sense of smell not increasing yet. i dun even have sore boobs.

re: spotting. uh oh you're making me worried. i do have spotting but minimal cramps. i dun intend to see gynae until after CNY though... i attribute the spotting and small cramps to uterus expansion... plus i am still breastfeeding so some say tt can cause microcontractions...

i also have spotting at the time of menses due period. initially i tot its menses but for 3 days too light to be menses dats why i went to check using pregnancy kit. it was there for less den a week. after which last mon i went to gynae to check he confirmed no bleeding at all. went tru the intra vaginal way and heard the heartbeat at 6wks. says 85% viable pregnancy. keep fingers crossed too

i dun really take supplements.. except these 3 months coz was on a diet plan.. ended up pregnant.. even daily folic acid now i only take when i remembered.

my previous pregnancies all no MS.. always make me worry coz dunno ok or not.

i got weird feeling at my lower abdominal.. but it's not cramp.. funny lor

My previous mc started with dark brown/red spotting, I went to KK A&E for pregnancy and the GP told me spotting is normal in pregnancy , unless it is a heavy flow that Is sufficient to fill up a normal pad, then theres nothing to worry about. GP then sent me off. The spotting continued for 3-4 more days and finally on the 4th night became bright red like menstrual flow. I woke up in the middle of the night with severe cramps and rushed to KKH again, by then I have already lost the baby thru all that bleeding..

So I feel that spotting is common but definitely not "normal". If spotting is coupled with severe middle cramps best to consult ur gynae...

I did read somewhere that cramps at the sides (near ur hip bones) is pretty common and no cause for alarm. :)

yeah.. severe cramps is not good.. i had severe cramps during my first M/C followed by spotting fresh blood. if no cramps n just brown spotting still not so bad coz some gynae said it's old blood.

my last pregnancy i had fresh blood spotting during last trimester.. scary.. ended up gynae did a vagina check and realised it's a small blood vessel burst near vagina.

Hi everyone and congrats to all :):)

I just got a positive 3 test tube today! Pray for the best..
I'm so excited and wondering anyone can share which hospital is most affordable?

I'm a little worry of KK hosp and thinking of Thomson / M.Alvernia but worry of the cash part.. :(:(

Kindly share more thanks all mummies!

I'm so excited and wondering anyone can share which hospital is most affordable?

I'm a little worry of KK hosp and thinking of Thomson / M.Alvernia but worry of the cash part.. :(:(

Talking abtaffordability.. kkh obviously will be cheaper when delivering. But when seeing gynae at their private suite.. cost is similar to private gynae, unless u get a polyclinic referral for subsidies charges.

Talking abtaffordability.. kkh obviously will be cheaper when delivering. But when seeing gynae at their private suite.. cost is similar to private gynae, unless u get a polyclinic referral for subsidies charges.

Thanks for yr sharing. Today I just went to my house clinic and they refer me to KK private suite.. Wondering this kind of referral gt subsides or I could go poly clinic and get it?

Hi everyone, do you all know your LMD and ovulation date? My cycle is 35 days so I ovulate only on the 21st. Unlike the usual 29 days days and ovulate on the 14th day. I'm not sure if this is the reason why I'm measured 4week when I visit my gynae... instead of using the LMD to count I should be 6weeks plus.. Gynae say baby looks small and may not be healthy.

Hey! i am in the Jun 17 thread but happened to see your post. Like you my cycle was 34-35 days and i ovulated on day 23. So i ovulated late too. based on LMP i should be 21 wk + now but base on my scan i am actually 19 wk +.. dont worry too much, for the first few scans i had, they couldnt see anything much, by the time i was 6wks (base on scan, and if go by LMP i wld have been 8 wks), i was able to see my bb heartbeat.

Doc also told me i look like 2 wks behind didnt look good, but i know i ovulated late so it didnt bother me... so dont worry too much ok? =) End up now they dont bother my LMP, juz follow my ultrasound dating scan.

Hi everyone, do you all know your LMD and ovulation date? My cycle is 35 days so I ovulate only on the 21st. Unlike the usual 29 days days and ovulate on the 14th day. I'm not sure if this is the reason why I'm measured 4week when I visit my gynae... instead of using the LMD to count I should be 6weeks plus.. Gynae say baby looks small and may not be healthy.

Hey! i am in the Jun 17 thread but happened to see your post. Like you my cycle was 34-35 days and i ovulated on day 23. So i ovulated late too. based on LMP i should be 21 wk + now but base on my scan i am actually 19 wk +.. dont worry too much, for the first few scans i had, they couldnt see anything much, by the time i was 6wks (base on scan, and if go by LMP i wld have been 8 wks), i was able to see my bb heartbeat.

Doc also told me i look like 2 wks behind didnt look good, but i know i ovulated late so it didnt bother me... so dont worry too much ok? =) End up now they dont bother my LMP, juz follow my ultrasound dating scan.

And btw from day 1 till now, i have no MS at all, no other symptom too. Except in my 2nd trimester now i have some numbness in my hand which may be due to water retention. Jia you!

And btw from day 1 till now, i have no MS at all, no other symptom too. Except in my 2nd trimester now i have some numbness in my hand which may be due to water retention. Jia you!
Thanks for making the time to reply and assure me. I went for 2nd opinion 2 days ago and was told that based on my ovulation date, the baby looks 1 weeks smaller, not 2 weeks ( can hear heartbeat already!), but it is still too early to tell. My gynae ask me to see him again next week as it will be 6 weeks then.

Thanks for making the time to reply and assure me. I went for 2nd opinion 2 days ago and was told that based on my ovulation date, the baby looks 1 weeks smaller, not 2 weeks ( can hear heartbeat already!), but it is still too early to tell. My gynae ask me to see him again next week as it will be 6 weeks then.

Hehe, great, im sure things will go on fine for u and bb.. !

yeah.. severe cramps is not good.. i had severe cramps during my first M/C followed by spotting fresh blood. if no cramps n just brown spotting still not so bad coz some gynae said it's old blood.

my last pregnancy i had fresh blood spotting during last trimester.. scary.. ended up gynae did a vagina check and realised it's a small blood vessel burst near vagina.
how does the blood vessel near vagina burst?!

why worry about KKH? they have the best technologies leh

Thanks for yr sharing. Today I just went to my house clinic and they refer me to KK private suite.. Wondering this kind of referral gt subsides or I could go poly clinic and get it?

referral from private clinic doesn't get u govt subsidies rate.. only a polyclinic referral works. but for subsidies rate.. it's a long waiting time i supposed, plus u have to queue at a separate room for U/S.

Yes, if u compared technology.. KKH is the best.. even if u give birth at other hospitals and baby have some major issues.. it is likely they will tell u to transfer baby to KKH.

i have a relative whose grandson was born at Mt. A but he had an issue with his heart which requires operation asap and Mt. A said such operation can only be done at KKH. And they have to fork out 8K cash deposit to secure the transfer back then. i dunno why but that was what i was told.

Hi. Do u really have no symptoms at all? I have zero symptoms such that sometimes I can even forget that I'm pregnant. Very worried..

sian.. anyone know or can advise. jus nw suddenly a gush of discharge seems to come out of my vaginal. den i realise.. its sticky and colored coupled with transparency but cos my undies is dark color i cant tell if its red or dark brown. most likely brown. dats ard 5pm. so now w my pad on i noticed some brown fainty spots.... my previous spotting at wk 5 has stopped and last mon gynae cleared me of any bleeding and tell me 85% bb is ok. i was sick past few days. what shld i do? wait to observe b4 seeing gynae? im on hormones pill already.... haizzz

sian.. anyone know or can advise. jus nw suddenly a gush of discharge seems to come out of my vaginal. den i realise.. its sticky and colored coupled with transparency but cos my undies is dark color i cant tell if its red or dark brown. most likely brown. dats ard 5pm. so now w my pad on i noticed some brown fainty spots.... my previous spotting at wk 5 has stopped and last mon gynae cleared me of any bleeding and tell me 85% bb is ok. i was sick past few days. what shld i do? wait to observe b4 seeing gynae? im on hormones pill already.... haizzz

Hmmm maybe u can give your gynae a call and describe your condition? I mean if it is significant, he/she will make an appt with you?

Hi. Do u really have no symptoms at all? I have zero symptoms such that sometimes I can even forget that I'm pregnant. Very worried..

Eh you seen your gynae yet? Think don't worry too much. I read that each pregnancy is different. My symptoms also comes and goes and I can understand your anxiety but think we just TRY don't read too much into them?

I spotted thrice since i was pregnant. At 5 weeks, 12 weeks and last week, wk 19. Doc told me brown blood is common, can be ur body expelling old blood. Or it could be other underlying condition like mine, juz found out that i have cervical polyp growing outside my cervix thats why i easily bleed and have spotting. My gynae's advice is every spotting or bleeding its good to have it checked. as long as not bright red blood and doesnt soak up an entire pad, u can monitor to see if it stops. if still worried, go c ur gynae k.

Yes, i eat well, sleep well, slight soreness in my boobs but just like when my menses abt to due kind. doesnt cause me discomfort or what. I dont have food aversion or cravings. I was very worried initially too, thinking my hormones not high enough or what, but my gynae actually told me that i shld be glad im one of the few lucky ones ard! So now im 20 weeks, still the same (touch wood). ahha..

I spotted thrice since i was pregnant. At 5 weeks, 12 weeks and last week, wk 19. Doc told me brown blood is common, can be ur body expelling old blood. Or it could be other underlying condition like mine, juz found out that i have cervical polyp growing outside my cervix thats why i easily bleed and have spotting. My gynae's advice is every spotting or bleeding its good to have it checked. as long as not bright red blood and doesnt soak up an entire pad, u can monitor to see if it stops. if still worried, go c ur gynae k.

Hi I am Aug mummy. Just read through and saw ur post here. May I know how doc detect u have cervical polyp outside ur cervix? Throught v scan? I also got some spotting until now week 12. Can't find any reason. Which doc u r seeing ?

Hi I am Aug mummy. Just read through and saw ur post here. May I know how doc detect u have cervical polyp outside ur cervix? Throught v scan? I also got some spotting until now week 12. Can't find any reason. Which doc u r seeing ?
Hi, im a patient with KKH TPS, so i went KKH 24hr O&G clinic when i have spotting and bleeding. They have to use a speculum to open up my vaginal and access my condition. and my last visit the polyp was very obvious because when the doc gently swap the polyp it starts to bleed lightly. there was no other active bleeding.

But i do know of a fren who spotted through her first tri. after 13 weeks no more though and no reason was found also. but she went on to have a healthy baby :)

hi all :)
first time mommy and have not pick or seen the gynae and estimated EDD Sept (or so said the app / clinc nurse).

any recommendation for gynae from KKH?

a59238bfc26fb810ed1078790744f582.jpg

IMG_7254.JPG

Hi mummies-to-be, I'm giving away this pregnancy journal. Postage $1.50. PM me if u keen.

anyone have idea if preggy can do gelish nails ?

First 3 months better not do anything. Even if you go mani/pedi and u tell them u r preggy, they would not allow u to do in the first tri. Even dye hair also not allowed even if it's herbal. Just tahan until first tri over and your gynae approves

how does the blood vessel near vagina burst?!

why worry about KKH? they have the best technologies leh

Oh i have bad experience with them is personally view.. Anyway will go NUH cos i have many medical history so i feel better to go gov hosp just in case anything happen or need to check and cost will be more safe then private :)

Eh you seen your gynae yet? Think don't worry too much. I read that each pregnancy is different. My symptoms also comes and goes and I can understand your anxiety but think we just TRY don't read too much into them?
Yes, in fact I have seen my bb's heartbeat at 6w2d last week. Next appointment in a week's time.. seems so long..

Yes, i eat well, sleep well, slight soreness in my boobs but just like when my menses abt to due kind. doesnt cause me discomfort or what. I dont have food aversion or cravings. I was very worried initially too, thinking my hormones not high enough or what, but my gynae actually told me that i shld be glad im one of the few lucky ones ard! So now im 20 weeks, still the same (touch wood). ahha..
I don't even have sore boobs, eat well and never vomit before. My gynae also say dun rely on symptoms too much but very hard to not worry..

Hello I'm abt 7 weeks along, first pregnancy..not much symptoms apart from some cramping on the 4th week and sore boobs..Gynae didn't even try to hear heartbeat on my first visit few days back, only said at right place come back in 3 weeks..

Have pm-ed my email for the FB group :)

hi everyone!
i just tested positive last Sunday and went to see gynae this morning.
this is my #2, haven't had a period since my #1 born 13 months ago, so based on u/s scan and size of the sac, doc estimated around 7 week,s so ETA 13 Sept +/1. I think should still fall in this group :) Heartbeat was good, but i had spotting for 1 week last week so doc gave me some "an tai yao" to be safe. hopefully all will be well.

PM'd for add to FB group. is there a whatsapp chat?

cheers and congrats to all the mommies!

Back