IVF for Dec/Jan Cycle

The nurse told me around sgd 500 ...
But she dun know the exact price.. is it also under subsided rate ?
Maybe she included the blood test... I think the price for briefing is quite standard, regardless if the patient is subsided or not.

Anyone going for acu ? Is it okay to poke on stomach during tww ?

Hi pimpim, I've been going for TCM since about 3 months ago and am in my 2ww now.

Just went for acu today and the doctor avoided my stomach, only working on my thigh and leg area.

Hi Ladies.Im on frozen cycle & transferring in mid-jan.Anything i should start preparing for pre trf? I never did a trf during the fresh..so this is like my1st trf..

May I know how long it took for your cycle to go back to normal after the eR? Are you on medicated or natural thaw?

May I know how long it took for your cycle to go back to normal after the eR? Are you on medicated or natural thaw?

Hi..afer ER my menses reported a week later and straight i was on mercilon day 1 of menses coz i happen to see my doc for post ER review & happen that day menses came..so my cycle is basically controlled by the medications i am on..when i stopped mercilon it came after 4 days..im on medicated cycle..

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. I just came back from seeing Dr Loh from TMC and had my 3rd scanned after 3 days gonal f + pergo and 3 days gonal f + orga. And my results aint that good. Only 3 follies and 1 in odd shape. Dr say my chances pretty slim as we are going for ICSI, I'm not sure if i should continue or stop here. If continue, I will have my extraction this sat.

Meanwhile I hv 2 fibroids; 1 big almost reaching the max size and 1 small. Although both does not affect anything, I'm thinking maybe I should have it remove and start a fresh IVF cycle to increase my follies quantity and quality.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. I just came back from seeing Dr Loh from TMC and had my 3rd scanned after 3 days gonal f + pergo and 3 days gonal f + orga. And my results aint that good. Only 3 follies and 1 in odd shape. Dr say my chances pretty slim as we are going for ICSI, I'm not sure if i should continue or stop here. If continue, I will have my extraction this sat.

Meanwhile I hv 2 fibroids; 1 big almost reaching the max size and 1 small. Although both does not affect anything, I'm thinking maybe I should have it remove and start a fresh IVF cycle to increase my follies quantity and quality.

Any thoughts?
Did Dr loh mentioned where exactly is the big fibroid? Coz I know the location matters. If it is in a crucial position, it's best to remove it. I have friends who bfp with fibroid and managed to deliver their baby, but another one who didn't bec fibroid grows together with baby which endangers the baby. Hope this helps.

Did Dr loh mentioned where exactly is the big fibroid? Coz I know the location matters. If it is in a crucial position, it's best to remove it. I have friends who bfp with fibroid and managed to deliver their baby, but another one who didn't bec fibroid grows together with baby which endangers the baby. Hope this helps.

He said is somewhere in the middle when i first met him for IVF consultation. And he said is not harmful therefore we schedule and start with the 1st IVF. But with the recent scans, he said my fibroid has grown bigger about 37mm.. and there's a smaller one at 7mm.

He said is somewhere in the middle when i first met him for IVF consultation. And he said is not harmful therefore we schedule and start with the 1st IVF. But with the recent scans, he said my fibroid has grown bigger about 37mm.. and there's a smaller one at 7mm.
I have 2 big fibroids and I went through 3 x ivf as my gynae told me no issues but unfortunately I still have no good news to share. I went to 3 other different gynaes and all 3 of them suggest that I remove them, and one of them was dr loh. Mine was bigger than yours, about 10cm when I removed it, coz it will keep on growing, feed on estrogen which is one impt medication we will take during ivf. Would u wanna take a 2nd opinion? Else just proceed since dr loh says it's OK.

I have 2 big fibroids and I went through 3 x ivf as my gynae told me no issues but unfortunately I still have no good news to share. I went to 3 other different gynaes and all 3 of them suggest that I remove them, and one of them was dr loh. Mine was bigger than yours, about 10cm when I removed it, coz it will keep on growing, feed on estrogen which is one impt medication we will take during ivf. Would u wanna take a 2nd opinion? Else just proceed since dr loh says it's OK.

The fibroids feed on estrogen? No wonder in short amount of time it grown from 32mm to 37mm... that's like within 2 weeks. OMG. Scary~~ If that's the case no point i continue with 3 follies. Might as well I remove it.

Btw, where you have your operation done? And what's the cost like?

The fibroids feed on estrogen? No wonder in short amount of time it grown from 32mm to 37mm... that's like within 2 weeks. OMG. Scary~~ If that's the case no point i continue with 3 follies. Might as well I remove it.

Btw, where you have your operation done? And what's the cost like?
I had a complicated condition. I did ivf with sgh 3 x and after consulting with 3 other gynae, I decided with Dr Roland Chieng from Mount E Novena but due to my complicated condition, dr Roland ask me to go back sgh for the op, so in the end I did. My bill was about 5k. After I removed it, dr Roland gave me an injection to stop my menses for almost 3-4 months bec I have endo and I just did my fet in Dec, now in 2ww.

I had a complicated condition. I did ivf with sgh 3 x and after consulting with 3 other gynae, I decided with Dr Roland Chieng from Mount E Novena but due to my complicated condition, dr Roland ask me to go back sgh for the op, so in the end I did. My bill was about 5k. After I removed it, dr Roland gave me an injection to stop my menses for almost 3-4 months bec I have endo and I just did my fet in Dec, now in 2ww.

Thanks angelbaby for your info. Is really helpful and i wish you all the best in 2ww. Keep us posted.

Hi angelbaby924

The injection was lurcin that stop your menses ?

Medicated frozen cycle..this friday my scan for lining

I'm on natural. Seeing dr this Friday too to check. It's barely two months after my failed IVF results in end nov. Not sure if body ready. Check first and see how it goes.

May I know what can i do during the 3 -4 month wait for my 1st ivf? I more scare than excited.
Plan to go TCM visit this sat for me and my hb. I have few questions.

1) How long do we go for TCM before ivf? I save some money from TCM and initally call to book appt after CNY. but the TCM clinic told me need to tiao early.
2) My hb has low sperm and morphology but my checkup are good. May I know do i have to do both appucture and taking TCM medicie or I can jus take TCM medicine and save the money doing appuncture?
3) how to convince my hb cooperate with me to go for consistent TCM? Althought he agreed to go for the first visit but not sure will he for future.

Last edited:
Hi! I'm also seeing Dr SF Loh for IVF and I just did the retrieval of eggs this morning. I'm still having bad cramps and can't even stand straight. Is that normal?

Dr Loh said I don't produce many eggs despite increasing my gonal-F to 450iu so I only have 8 eggs retrieved today. Praying for good results tomorrow about the condition of the eggs and embryos.

I am on natural FET... AF just came but doc afraid might clash with CNY closure. So between medicated FET and natural .. I chose to postpone it to next mth to do natural :)

Hi all. Am on natural FET. Did day ten scan today. Gonna continue to scan on Mon and continue with using OPK. Hope that it will progress to embryo transfer end next week.

Hi ladies:)

This is my first IVF! I just had my ER at KKIVF on Friday. Tomorrow morning is my followup appt, and we will find out how many of the 8 eggs are good for transfer tomorrow itself or maybe even make it to blastocyst stage on Wednesday. They told me to fast from 6am tomorrow. I am trying to stay positive but at the same time veryy nervous abt the results. >.<

On my last day of stimming and scan on Tuesday I think I had a number of good-sized follicles (I think more than 16) so was quite worried abt the odds since they retrieved less than 10..but then again all we need is one good one, right?

Anyway.. baby dust to everyone!! xx

Seems I got to postpone my natural thaw cycle. No LH surge despite day 15 already. Can't help feeling worried what's happening to my predictable 28 day cycle.

Hi Bellbelly82!

This is also my 1st IVF and I did ER on 11/1 and ET on 13/1. I also had 8 eggs retrieved and by ET day, 4 were grade 1 and 2. So transferred 2 and froze 2. Was so worried that my number retrieved was so low. Well at least have 2 to freeze.

Wishing you the best for your quality! Jia you!

Last edited:
Seems I got to postpone my natural thaw cycle. No LH surge despite day 15 already. Can't help feeling worried what's happening to my predictable 28 day cycle.

Don't stress. Maybe it's just a slightly longer cycle this month? Continue testing bah. You'll never know. All the best!

Don't stress. Maybe it's just a slightly longer cycle this month? Continue testing bah. You'll never know. All the best!

Just to share. Still negative OPK on day 16. Went for scan today and ovulated already. I have been using clear blue OPK daily and even tested twice per day! Just not fated. Will be going on medicated next month.

Hi Bellbelly82!

This is also my 1st IVF and I did ER on 11/1 and ET on 13/1. I also had 8 eggs retrieved and by ET day, 4 were grade 1 and 2. So transferred 2 and froze 2. Was so worried that my number retrieved was so low. Well at least have 2 to freeze.

Wishing you the best for your quality! Jia you!

Hi nicole! So gd to hear of a cycle buddy :)) are you with kkivf too? i ended up having my transfer on Mon 16/1. Still very early in my 2ww and I am even more nervous now haha. My 1st beta is on 1st feb..not sure if I would test before that. How is your 2ww coming along? Any weird symptoms? All the best and tons of baby dust to u too!!

Last edited:
To the ladies who are undergoing Ivf this month/Jan and will like to be chat more, I started a whatsapp chat group. Just pm me your number and I'll add u in :)

Baby dust to all!

Can u add me to the group, I am doing ivf this month.

Hi nicole! So gd to hear of a cycle buddy :)) are you with kkivf too? i ended up having my transfer on Mon 16/1. Still very early in my 2ww and I am even more nervous now haha. My 1st beta is on 1st feb..not sure if I would test before that. How is your 2ww coming along? Any weird symptoms? All the best and tons of baby dust to u too!!

I'm with TFC. So far I'm just tired in the afternoons but that could be due to sleeping late. Ha! Breast tenderness but I also think it's due to the progesterone pills. Other than that, I just feel like a whale these days. Like getting fatter. Sigh.

I had my progesterone level blood test on 18th and that was alright, so didn't have to go back for a top-up jab. But today, had light spotting! So worried now. Going to read up about it in a while or call clinic and ask how. :(

I'm with TFC. So far I'm just tired in the afternoons but that could be due to sleeping late. Ha! Breast tenderness but I also think it's due to the progesterone pills. Other than that, I just feel like a whale these days. Like getting fatter. Sigh.

I had my progesterone level blood test on 18th and that was alright, so didn't have to go back for a top-up jab. But today, had light spotting! So worried now. Going to read up about it in a while or call clinic and ask how. :(

Spotting could be a gd sign.I'm sure all is well.. So far none for me and must admit I'm a little worried since I'm already 7dp3dt. Let's hope for the best!

Hi,
I m planning to start on my natural FET in early march at kkh. Can i check how many days of scan we need to come in to be monitored ?
I still have 4 frozen embryos and dr jerry has suggested to thaw these 4 embryos to develop into blastocysts.
I was abit hesitant as i am worried that they may not form into blastocysts and i may need to start on a fresh cycle again.
I have read that day 2 embryos may grow slightly better in the womb than in lab.
But blastocyst has higher implantation rate and better in terms of thawing sucessfully.
Could anyone provide advice on whether it is better to transfer embryos or blastocyst?

My first sucessful pregnancy was through day 3 embryo transfer in dec 2015 but i lost my baby at 28 weeks due to umbilical chord issues.. Took me awhile to get through the grief to start all over again .

Last edited:

Back