IVF/ICSI Support Group

Thh give u baby aspirin? Btw how many u transfer?

Ya he asked me if I wanna take cos of my miscarriage 4 months ago. For unknown reasons for mc, he will recommend baby aspirin he says.

I transferred two this time. Refused to take his advice to put 1.

But the two are in very different stages. Prob cos some of my frozen blasts were day 5 and some were day 6.

advise from sis here, my ivf suppose to start on Mar at NUH, but as my PGD kit is here, CHR nurse say that i can start now as my menses is here, i count that my egg pick up is mid of FEB, so my transfer will be on March.

should i wait or go ahead for this month as duuno if CNY got any problem imposed a not.

@Jill Stuart... kkivf is open on 27 Jan half day, closed from 28 - 30 Jan for cny. 31 Jan they are open. Hopefully u are in time! All the best!:)

Thanks @Mrs Chan00
Hopefully my menses will be mid Feb.

Dear ladies, may I know for short protocol 10 to 12 days.

It will be first jab for day 4 in the morning? Thereafter 2 jabs in the morning and night?

So trigger shot will be 36 hours after last Jab?

How many times did you all went back to KHH for scanning and blood test? TIA :)

Hi ladies..just did a 3d transfer today. I transferred 2 embryos out of 5 fertilised..

Hopefully i have some that will make it to freeze - i asked if its ok to freeze when they make it to blast stage but Doc says they will typically freeze on transfer day and not wait till day 5...did any1 get the same advice? (In the end they agreed to wait to see if they reach blast stage before freezing)

Dr's name yes. Dept of RM. No condition stated.

Hi @MichNg

May I know what does dept of RM stands for? I am still hesitating to take Mc for my checkup.

As for Hospitalisation, I thk no choice have to take but I am worried that my HR will do a check in the internet for the Doc's name.

As THH is listed as the Head of IVF

Thanks @Mrs Chan00

It will be first jab for day 4 in the morning? Thereafter 2 jabs in the morning and night?

Hi! I am with kkivf too :) for me my 1st scan was on CD2. 1st day of Stimming started on CD3 -- my scans were on 6th, 9th and 10th days of stimming. Blood test was the day after the 10th day of stims. 2 days later i had my egg retrieval. hope that helps!

Hi @MichNg

May I know what does dept of RM stands for? I am still hesitating to take Mc for my checkup.

As for Hospitalisation, I thk no choice have to take but I am worried that my HR will do a check in the internet for the Doc's name.

As THH is listed as the Head of IVF

RM is reproductive medicine. Thh is listed as head of dept of RM.
Ur hr should keep things confidential anyway.

Hi ladies..just did a 3d transfer today. I transferred 2 embryos out of 5 fertilised..

Hopefully i have some that will make it to freeze - i asked if its ok to freeze when they make it to blast stage but Doc says they will typically freeze on transfer day and not wait till day 5...did any1 get the same advice? (In the end they agreed to wait to see if they reach blast stage before freezing)

Mine was frozen at day 3 before. Only at fet and subsequent fresh then only start to keep till blast.

Some cramps but not obvious .. cos last cycle I had severe cramp which is implantation cramp so this cycle feels nothing I was so hopeless when I went into 2nd week of 2ww. I refused to do hpt cos I told myself 2ww is already mentally torturing me I dun want to know answer early I shall rest n go shopping n do some errands before it ends. If it's mine I go roller coaster will still b mine. So I nvr even buy a single hpt at home, I m timid cos I dun want face reality too early. ..

Gd advice dolly_gal, I shall holdback hpt until BT and pray menses don't come before that. I'm in my 1st week of tww, no symptoms yet so I'm hoping to grab some of your baby dust!

Haven't been in here for quite a while.
I totally understand and feel u ladies, having gone through failed attempts before finally holding a baby in my arms.
My baby is now 1yo.
Just want to encourage all to press on!
When you finally hold that baby in your arms, you will look back & agree every jab, pill, insert, scan & blood test is worth it.

Gd advice dolly_gal, I shall holdback hpt until BT and pray menses don't come before that. I'm in my 1st week of tww, no symptoms yet so I'm hoping to grab some of your baby dust!
Hang on, all will b good. Keep looking out for symptom is really torturing so try to occupy urself w cny preparation, retail therapy n etc.
Once et, everything is god's will not within our control..

Thanks @Mrs Chan00

Hi Jill... my 1st fresh cycle, I went for a total of 4 scans; cd4, cd10, cd 13 and 14. Start my 1st jab (gonal f) after 1st scan on cd4. Starting from cd6, add on orgalutran. All my jabs taken in the morning. On cd14, did a blood test and trigger jab taken on the same day night time at 9pm. Egg retrival on cd16 which is 36 hours after trigger jab. Egg transfer done cd18. Hope this help!:)

Hi, I'm new to the forum and currently on my first ivf cycle.. will be starting the jabs soon.. a bit apprehensive and not sure what to look out for. Can share ? Do you gals get bad mood swings or anything like that ? Thanks

It's not the wipe then can see type. It's quite significant. Like the onset of menses. But dark red blood. Seems to be missing since this morning tho. I wonder if it has anything to do with the baby aspirin I'm taking. It's a blood thinner after all. If anyone has the same experience, kindly share.

Baby asprin thins the blood? When did you start taking the baby asprin? Only after transfer or before that? Might be taking that for my 3rd fresh so wanna do some homework on it.
Hope all is well now, if not, do call kkivf centre and ask the nurse for advice.

;);)
Hi! I am with kkivf too :) for me my 1st scan was on CD2. 1st day of Stimming started on CD3 -- my scans were on 6th, 9th and 10th days of stimming. Blood test was the day after the 10th day of stims. 2 days later i had my egg retrieval. hope that helps!

@Bellbelly82 Hi. Thanks for providing so much info. At least now I know I need to go KKIVF for 4 times of scan prior to the ER. I thk my protocol is same as you as doctor as 10 days.;)

Baby asprin thins the blood? When did you start taking the baby asprin? Only after transfer or before that? Might be taking that for my 3rd fresh so wanna do some homework on it.
Hope all is well now, if not, do call kkivf centre and ask the nurse for advice.

Ya it works as a blood thinner to prevent clots if your blood is thick and assumably unable to channel nutrients to the baby. My doc recommended to take after transfer, during the 2ww. But this bleeding episodes got me researching and some say shouldn't start now as it may interfere with implantation! Sobs.

Apparently should take after bfp. Sigh. Anyway it was already past my implantation period when I started bleeding. 5dp5dt. So I just continued with the aspirin. But I'm thinking of calling kkh tmr cos I had a 3rd blood episode today.

Ya it works as a blood thinner to prevent clots if your blood is thick and assumably unable to channel nutrients to the baby. My doc recommended to take after transfer, during the 2ww. But this bleeding episodes got me researching and some say shouldn't start now as it may interfere with implantation! Sobs.

Apparently should take after bfp. Sigh. Anyway it was already past my implantation period when I started bleeding. 5dp5dt. So I just continued with the aspirin. But I'm thinking of calling kkh tmr cos I had a 3rd blood episode today.

Hi, I started baby asprin right after my ER, which is according to my doc's advice.. However, if u're spotting, I think maybe good idea to stop for now as baby asprin will not allow your blood to clot so easily

Do go KKH to get support jab as it will help...good luck and all the best!

Almondearie, did you a do hpt? Implantation can happen 3-6dp5dt, it could also be a late implantation. Definitely should inform Kk as the nurses said to call in if there's heavy spotting or bleeding. Don't give up yet, may not be menses.

:)
Hi Jill... my 1st fresh cycle, I went for a total of 4 scans; cd4, cd10, cd 13 and 14. Start my 1st jab (gonal f) after 1st scan on cd4. Starting from cd6, add on orgalutran. All my jabs taken in the morning. On cd14, did a blood test and trigger jab taken on the same day night time at 9pm. Egg retrival on cd16 which is 36 hours after trigger jab. Egg transfer done cd18. Hope this help!:)

Hi @Mrs Chan00 Thanks for the info. Heard that trigger jab has been changed to self-Jab. Is it true? Today u have gonna 18 Days of Hosptialisation leave after ER? Really appreciate your help so much:)

:)

Hi @Mrs Chan00 Thanks for the info. Heard that trigger jab has been changed to self-Jab. Is it true? Today u have gonna 18 Days of Hosptialisation leave after ER? Really appreciate your help so much:)
Yes dear... trigger jab has been changed to self-jab! According to a friend who just had her er, the jab is a pen type like gonal f. The nurse will instruct you on the timing to do the trigger jab.
For my fresh cycle, I remember I was given 21 days of HL starting from er day. My fet 18 Days of HL from et day.I am currently not cycling... but will be starting my 2nd fresh soon. Let jiayou together!:D

Last edited:
Hi, I started baby asprin right after my ER, which is according to my doc's advice.. However, if u're spotting, I think maybe good idea to stop for now as baby asprin will not allow your blood to clot so easily

Do go KKH to get support jab as it will help...good luck and all the best!

I haven't done a hpt so I'm not sure if they will give me a support jab if I'm not even pregnant...

My blood is not fluid. Dark red then there was one episode of light pink discharge and then brown dried blood today. All are discharge (mixed with my Cronine I think) which are visible on pantyliner. But it's just one instance and there will be a 24 hour break till the next instance. Seriously don't know what to make of it.

Almondearie, did you a do hpt? Implantation can happen 3-6dp5dt, it could also be a late implantation. Definitely should inform Kk as the nurses said to call in if there's heavy spotting or bleeding. Don't give up yet, may not be menses.

I've not done hpt cos I thot the hcg not strong enough. Anyway my SO wanted me to just go straight for blood test without any hpt.

I guess I should just call the hospital and check.

Hi, I'm new to the forum and currently on my first ivf cycle.. will be starting the jabs soon.. a bit apprehensive and not sure what to look out for. Can share ? Do you gals get bad mood swings or anything like that ? Thanks

I didn't get any bad mood swings. It was all quite alright for me. I think it can be a bit stressful having to take daily and nightly jabs but jabs are actually not the worst part of IVF. (Worst is if the results are negative) Oh and I did gain a few kgs during the stim period, for some reason the jabs made me eat more than usual.

Don't worry, it will be fine! After a couple of jabs you will be an expert.

No mood swings for me. Just get more bloated, uncomfortable, lack appetite. Maybe more tired.

I didn't get any bad mood swings. It was all quite alright for me. I think it can be a bit stressful having to take daily and nightly jabs but jabs are actually not the worst part of IVF. (Worst is if the results are negative) Oh and I did gain a few kgs during the stim period, for some reason the jabs made me eat more than usual.

Don't worry, it will be fine! After a couple of jabs you will be an expert.

Thanks babe .. luckily for the jabs, hubby has agreed to help me with it.. I dun like needles haha. I'm trying to figure out one step at a time and not think too much

I haven't done a hpt so I'm not sure if they will give me a support jab if I'm not even pregnant...

My blood is not fluid. Dark red then there was one episode of light pink discharge and then brown dried blood today. All are discharge (mixed with my Cronine I think) which are visible on pantyliner. But it's just one instance and there will be a 24 hour break till the next instance. Seriously don't know what to make of it.
I think your blood is due to the cronine. And u sound like a bfp sign to me .

Called and they ask me to go in for blood test earlier. Don't sound too good to me. Very different from my last bfp. But nvm, I'll try again next month.

Try to stay positive. My 1st cycle they didn't let me do blood test until my full flow started despite me spotting for days before. So them asking u to go earlier for blood test might be good. Hope alls well.

Dear all, it's been quite a while since I posted. I did my 2nd fresh in nov at KKH. Blood test was 23 Nov but I started spotting on 20 Nov. Thus went for earlier BT on 21 Nov(HCG 163) then 23 Nov(296). It was a pretty low HCG and I was spotting. Thus I didn't dare to share the news.

Anyway, Thank God, my miracle darling baby stuck on and I'm now 12 weeks pregnant. I actually spotted for a whopping 5-6 weeks and only stabilize after max dose of hormones and 3 jabs. So yes, a BFP is possible even with spotting and even a low HCG count. Just have to keep praying to hear or see a heartbeat at week 6 and on.

I extracted 16 eggs, 14 embryos, 9 of grade 4 and 5, transferred 2 early blasts but have nothing to freeze. Thus, I only have just this one golden embryo that resulted in a successful cycle!

I have been reading the forum all these while. It's been a really tough journey for alll of us. I too cried countless times and got so frustrated having to eat those yucky tcm n painful acupuncture.

Just wanna to cheer every one on, keep on keeping on. Don't give up. It's a tough journey but this also means that we will definitely give our best to be good parents whenever given the chance too. We won't take things for granted and be forever thankful for what we have. If you are still trying, be thankful that we are in good health to be at least able to keep trying.

Jia You! Cheers!

Hello ladies,

Anyone did endo scratch with THH recently? Can share your experience? Saw mixed feedback online with some warning that it is very painful.

Thanks, humbaobao! Would you describe it as similar to Pap smear? Me contemplating if it is a good idea to just go without taking painkillers.

Something similar to pap smear.. i nv took any painkiller.. u were told to take painkiller? The cramp actually quite mild..

Thanks, humbaobao! Would you describe it as similar to Pap smear? Me contemplating if it is a good idea to just go without taking painkillers.
For me more painful than pap smear. It is very fast but have cramps afterwards and bit of bleeding. Standby panty liner and painkiller in case u feel bad cramps.

Hello ladies,

Anyone did endo scratch with THH recently? Can share your experience? Saw mixed feedback online with some warning that it is very painful.

I did recently .. not too bad . I had cramps after that but Doc say it's normal. Cramps felt like menstral cramps .

Hello ladies,

Definitely painful...I went in thinking it would be like a PAP smear but yelled out unexpectedly when it got done... Good idea to take painkiller half hour before procedure

Yes dear... trigger jab has been changed to self-jab! According to a friend who just had her er, the jab is a pen type like gonal f. The nurse will instruct you on the timing to do the trigger jab.
For my fresh cycle, I remember I was given 21 days of HL starting from er day. My fet 18 Days of HL from et day.I am currently not cycling... but will be starting my 2nd fresh soon. Let jiayou together!:D

@Mrs Chan00
You are starting cycle in Feb too? Hehe. Yes we must jia you together. I thk all IVF patients are so brave! I didn't imagine I would have chosen to do IVF as I have very little tolerance for pain. But I am surprised that I went through series of blood tests, SIS test and etc. During this journey, I have learnt to be more independent. Going KKH by myself and regularly taking care of my body by drinking red dates Logan tea, raspberry tea and eating lesser unhealthy food. I have never thought I would do so much. But I Guess it's all worth. Let's Jia You together!

Dear all, it's been quite a while since I posted. I did my 2nd fresh in nov at KKH. Blood test was 23 Nov but I started spotting on 20 Nov. Thus went for earlier BT on 21 Nov(HCG 163) then 23 Nov(296). It was a pretty low HCG and I was spotting. Thus I didn't dare to share the news.

Anyway, Thank God, my miracle darling baby stuck on and I'm now 12 weeks pregnant. I actually spotted for a whopping 5-6 weeks and only stabilize after max dose of hormones and 3 jabs. So yes, a BFP is possible even with spotting and even a low HCG count. Just have to keep praying to hear or see a heartbeat at week 6 and on.

I extracted 16 eggs, 14 embryos, 9 of grade 4 and 5, transferred 2 early blasts but have nothing to freeze. Thus, I only have just this one golden embryo that resulted in a successful cycle!

I have been reading the forum all these while. It's been a really tough journey for alll of us. I too cried countless times and got so frustrated having to eat those yucky tcm n painful acupuncture.

Just wanna to cheer every one on, keep on keeping on. Don't give up. It's a tough journey but this also means that we will definitely give our best to be good parents whenever given the chance too. We won't take things for granted and be forever thankful for what we have. If you are still trying, be thankful that we are in good health to be at least able to keep trying.

Jia You! Cheers!

Thanks for your Encouraging post! Am just burying myself in work so as not to let my mind wander so much.
JiA you and baby dust to all!

Aimee pls Take care and have a smooth delivery!

Back