Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Oh ic..shall do tat !

But now I only process to feed bfast (w brown rice) gg on to lunch as I find myself struggling to daily do d puree of bb food...cos I be cutting veg/fruits n my boy will be fussing in his playpen/highchair...

And by the time his food is ready (usually take more then 30 mins prep esp for lunch) he will be so hungry I would hv fed his bott of milk so he will stop fussing...

Ur lo is only 7 mths no need to give 3 meals de. Breakfast is good enough. Can wait till 10 mth then increase to lunch.

Thanks for sharing w me the info...

As some time I do feel abit guilty for not able to feed him lunch which I tot by coming to 8 mo should do tt...

Oh ic..shall do tat !

But now I only process to feed bfast (w brown rice) gg on to lunch as I find myself struggling to daily do d puree of bb food...cos I be cutting veg/fruits n my boy will be fussing in his playpen/highchair...

And by the time his food is ready (usually take more then 30 mins prep esp for lunch) he will be so hungry I would hv fed his bott of milk so he will stop fussing...
Maybe try to start the food preparation slightly earlier?

As some time I do feel abit guilty for not able to feed him lunch which I tot by coming to 8 mo should do tt...

No need la. U can feed breakfast then when 10 mth can try lunch again. U can use slow cooker. Prepare the ingredients the night before n put in fridge then when ur lo wake up put everything in the slow cooker n cook.

Otherwise, why not try breakfast give him rice cereal, lunch - a quick pureed porridge with bits of fish and dinner, also a quick pureed porridge with bits of meat? Texture must be smooth for easy swallowing.

Else like what snow said, prepare the ingredients the night before and throw everything in the slow cooker? But requires at least 2-3 hours I guess? (I havent bought a small slow cooker yet, mine is a bigger one to cook soup and that takes about 5-6 hours)

Hello mummies...guess everyone is busy w the festive season ya...wishing everyone merry chirstmas n happy new year 1st :)

As usual I hv question...haha...pls pardon me ...haha..

There is a lot of selection of sippy cup in the market n I m confuses n when do I intro the sippy cup to bb? Is the purpose of sippy cup to encourage bb to drink water or out grown the bottle?

Hello mummies...guess everyone is busy w the festive season ya...wishing everyone merry chirstmas n happy new year 1st :)

There is a lot of selection of sippy cup in the market n I m confuses n when do I intro the sippy cup to bb? Is the purpose of sippy cup to encourage bb to drink water or out grown the bottle?

I think it's both but mainly to get the kid wean off the bottle

I intro straw cup to my boy before 1 yr old. He drinks fresh milk n water frm the straw cup. He doesn't like sippy cup though i bought a few for him. He still drink his milk frm his milk bottle

Hahaha...my boy, coming to 3 years old next mar, is still using milk bottle when he cries for milk in the wee hours :p

So by 7 mths how many milk feeds should they take. If eat solid twice a day how many milk feed we give. It seems like my boys are still drinking lots of milk even with one solid meal.

Drink lotsa milk is good within their first year! I think it depends on how much solid they eat. If it's just food tasting, then the number of milk feeds should maintain

The usual sequence is spout, sippy then straw. Both my #1 and #2 went on to use sippy at about 7months and straw cup by 10months. Like @towkayneo , my #1 is still using milk bottle for his morning and night feed though he is turning 4 soon.

Hahaha...my boy, coming to 3 years old next mar, is still using milk bottle when he cries for milk in the wee hours :p

Same lor my boy turning 3 in next jul also drink frm his milk bottle. Nw his milk feed is 3 times a day unless we are overseas n out he can drink once or twice a day haha

Mine is usually 3x too - one in the noon (before nap), one at night (before zzzz) and one in the wee hours (provided he cries for milk else we wake up to attend to didi~)

The usual sequence is spout, sippy then straw. Both my #1 and #2 went on to use sippy at about 7months and straw cup by 10months. Like @towkayneo , my #1 is still using milk bottle for his morning and night feed though he is turning 4 soon.
I didn't know about the sequence :p my #1 is using spout (from advent) to cup (the adult cup) to drink water & milk. ok ley (save money) :p

The usual sequence is spout, sippy then straw. Both my #1 and #2 went on to use sippy at about 7months and straw cup by 10months.

Oh...guess is time to visit kiddypalace to shop for cups,spoons n those silicon kinda of bibs as I find normal bib is a messy affair...difficult to wash n it stain them as nw bb proceed to trying broccoli w sweet potatoes (which he still don't like them )...

I didn't know about the sequence :p my #1 is using spout (from advent) to cup (the adult cup) to drink water & milk. ok ley (save money) :p

Good ley can save $...just brought a slower cooker as suggested n a thermo cup to store porridge (next time) ...lucky those on sales ....

Oh...guess is time to visit kiddypalace to shop for cups,spoons n those silicon kinda of bibs as I find normal bib is a messy affair...difficult to wash n it stain them as nw bb proceed to trying broccoli w sweet potatoes (which he still don't like them )...

U can try disposable bibs if u want haha

Good ley can save $...just brought a slower cooker as suggested n a thermo cup to store porridge (next time) ...lucky those on sales ....

I intro my boy to sippy cup (at 6mths) and straw cup (at 7mths) already. So far he prefers straw cup. I use them to give him water when I'm feeding him and when he's playing. Normally when I see his poop is pretty dry or he poop little by little then I'll give him more water. My sis said if not enough water then they can get constipated also.

Oh so cool that you boy know how to use the straw cup!

Mine think is a toy n keep throwing it around ..n I think is not avocado or broccoli etc he don't like..is practically most of the stuff he will make a face or gag lo..*throw my hand in the air..argh**

It always a war time feeding him lunch n I drag the process of gg on to dinner ..

Mine think is a toy n keep throwing it around ..n I think is not avocado or broccoli etc he don't like..is practically most of the stuff he will make a face or gag lo..*throw my hand in the air..argh**

It always a war time feeding him lunch n I drag the process of gg on to dinner ..
Don't worry just keep trying and giving him the straw cup. One day he will suddenly get it :) it took more than a month for my girl to know how to use it. Or another way i heard from my friend to "train" is to get a small amt of water into a normal straw and put in their mouth, so they know the straw is for drinking.

If ur boy does not really like most of the food, u can try baby led weaning.

Hi. I'm first time mum, no maid no mother, no mil and needs to prepare my boy for solids. Is there anywhere to find recipes ? I have been researching youtube but looks like I defnitely need a good baby processor. Any recommendations on whats reliable ? I hear some brands are very hard to wash. Any tried and tested way to make sure the baby will have balanced diet? so many children end up hating veggies like my sister's children do not even eat a single strand of veg. any advice appreciated.

U can join the group healthy food for my baby in the facebook. U can find lots of recipe in it

How old is ur baby?
If starting on solids, u can try vege puree first. Like mashed avocado, pumpkin (sometimes kids don't like pumpkin, then use butternut squash), banana, baby rice, baby oats.
After abt 1-2 mth u can try blended meat into the rice porridge.
Subsequently by abt 7-8 mth, I progressed to porridge totally.

Personally i didn't get any special processor. Just use normal blender to blend.

Mine is very impatient that's why he prefers the straw. Lol.

If he doesn't have any allergic reaction why don't you try to mix and make a puree. I normally give my son pureed - potato,carrot, spinach and sometimes I'll add pear or dates or apple. He seems to prefer when mixed than with one vege only. But do this only after trying individual one and confirming no allergic reaction. So far mine is allergic to broccoli and butternut squash give him 'wind'. Anyway, the cons is that mine loves eating so much now that I can't have peace when eating. He will stare at us when we're eating and ask for some. *faints*

wa...that's v siong...from lunch to dinner :/

If he doesn't have any allergic reaction why don't you try to mix and make a puree. I normally give my son pureed - potato,carrot, spinach and sometimes I'll add pear or dates or apple. He seems to prefer when mixed than with one vege only. But do this only after trying individual one and confirming no allergic reaction. So far mine is allergic to broccoli and butternut squash give him 'wind'. Anyway, the cons is that mine loves eating so much now that I can't have peace when eating. He will stare at us when we're eating and ask for some. *faints*

I think broccoli n pumpkin is normal ba my boy also will get gas if eat all this i give in moderation

Don't worry just keep trying and giving him the straw cup. One day he will suddenly get it :) it took more than a month for my girl to know how to use it. Or another way i heard from my friend to "train" is to get a small amt of water into a normal straw and put in their mouth, so they know the straw is for drinking.

If ur boy does not really like most of the food, u can try baby led weaning.

Hi hi_mei!

How r u?must be busy bee w kiddos. ..:)

Hmm sound like plan..later I try doing tt..1st of all later go find some straw ..ha...

Would like to try baby led weaning but I also afraid that he will get choke as he don't really know how to munch yet...just keep swallowing..n wen I let him try baby biscuit or etc he only use his tongue n lick to taste ..

Anyway, the cons is that mine loves eating so much now that I can't have peace when eating. He will stare at us when we're eating and ask for some. *faints*

Thanks for the ideas....will go supermarket n buy some apple/pear later...hope he will like it *finger cross** cos I tired mashed bananas n he also reject ....

So envy ur boy is a good eater....hope mine will soon learn the joy of eating ley cos quite tiring to "fight" w him during makan time

wa...that's v siong...from lunch to dinner :/

Ya...siong lo..just finished "fighting" w him n coax him to nap...managed to just finish 1/2 of what I prepared. ..

Oh well...after cny den I try feeding dinner...perhaps he don't like ang mo style of food? Ha..ok try porridge soon den...need to learn how to prepare 1st in slow cooker...

Hi hi_mei!

How r u?must be busy bee w kiddos. ..:)

Hmm sound like plan..later I try doing tt..1st of all later go find some straw ..ha...

Would like to try baby led weaning but I also afraid that he will get choke as he don't really know how to munch yet...just keep swallowing..n wen I let him try baby biscuit or etc he only use his tongue n lick to taste ..
Yup qt tiring. My boy sometimes wake up at night to play! :( glad to hear everyone's kid is growing well.

Actually can eat half of what u cook is qt gd progress... Jiayou!

Yup qt tiring. My boy sometimes wake up at night to play! :( glad to hear everyone's kid is growing well.

Actually can eat half of what u cook is qt gd progress... Jiayou!

Abit late but congratulations to the arrv of ur bundle of Joy:)

Haha so cute ur wan to play in the middle of night...tough on mummy although ...

Thanks will continue to "fight" during meal time w him...sometime I think about catch him at the right time n his good mood to feed ...oh well....

Hi all mommies, can I ask anyone here spotting until 11-12 weeks during pregnancy and went on with smooth delivery? I m now 10weeks now and still spotting bit by bit. Doc just said will get better after 1st trimester. Baby is fine and has strong heartbeat. I was hopping my spotting to stop soon.

Try to rest more n minimise walking. If can ask for hl to rest at home.

wow!!! I've not been logging in here for the longest time ever and didn't know that this thread is so active!! I thought everyone is on FB! :D....what am I missing out here???? :p

I was spotting shortly after BFP followed by 2 red bleeding episodes on consecutive week 6 & 7 with slight cramps for the 2nd episode. Had max support med with bi-weekly jabs till end of 1st tri. But very glad that all went well and my twins are 7mths old now. Do get loads of rest, eat well (home made chicken essence are the best!) and get support med or jab from your gyne. As long as bb is fine with strong heartbeat, everything will be ok. Hang on there. It does get better after 1st trimester, at least for me though the worries are never-ending. Stay positive. Take care!

I spotted during first tri too and had smooth delivery. Sometimes bleed a lot! It got better after 11 wks. Try to rest as much as possible.

Hi all, thank you for reply. I am impatiently waiting to reach 2nd trimester. Wish can get better sooner.

Know how u feel. Was very stressed too. Believe me that if u have made it this far with a strong hb, u are likely to pull thru. Look forward to the little one in ur arms :)

Hi I've been a silent reader for a while, sad to see that this thread is becoming less active now. I just gave birth 3 days ago and hopefully continue to benefit from everyone's experience. Can I be added to the FB group too?

Don't sad lah. We not inactive we just busy will still check the thread on n off. Yes do join our fb group

Congrats too! Do have a gd confinement! :)