angry neighbour

melody22

hi mommies,
seek advices to handle angry neighbour.
my neighbour and us are in good relationship and we will give presents/food during festive season until recently my sis and her 2 kids came to stay with me. the relationship soured. when we are going out or kids standing at the corridor, my neighbour will scream shut up from their house then slam the door shut or slam the door shut when we come home. i won't deny that the kids are not noisy but the noise of 4 kids are unavoidable.
my husband wanted to confront them but i don't support the idea. they have lots of items placed in front of our unit but we didnt said anything. hence,would like seek advice on handling this.
thanks.

Maybe u find a day say hello to them,ask them if ur niece n nephew are noisy n disturb them.
Just apologize n hope they don't slump the door as n when they come back or going out.
If is the opposite u do this to them,what will they feel.
Talk to them nicely cos u all use to be gd neighbours right..

If the

How old are your neighbours? Do they have children? I am guessing that they don't? I find that Singaporeans are not very tolerant of children in general.

In general, it would be more considerate of you to ensure your door is closed (if you keep it open) when all the kids are at home so as to avoid noise going out to their unit. You should also ask them to quiet down after 8pm and not to make noise in the corridor.

If you do all that and your neighbour still screams... then there is something wrong with them. I have never heard of neighbours screaming shut up. That seems mighty rude. Some people are just selfish. Ignore them if nothing you do seems to work. Educate the children that neighbors should also learn to get along with others and not be so rude. So that they don't learn such poor manners from your neighbour.

hi both,

thanks for the replies. my neighbours are both abt early 40s. they have two boys, p5 and sec 2. very difficult to catch them now cos once we opened door or comes back. they slammed their door shut.... ya,we closed our door when the kids are all around...they used to hang their clothes at the corridor. now the stand, bamboo sticks, washing basket and their boys scooters are all in place.they didnt even used it now.
feel awful esp. when my boy asked,how come when i opened door just now, jxxx mommy slammed the door so hard...sigh.

If they have 2 boys aged about 10 and 14, I see no reason why they should behave this way. They should know kids make noise. Maybe they just don't like other ppl's kids making noise. Just make sure you are reasonable about your volume level and there's nothing else to be done about unreasonable people.

Back