Which hospital and doctor recommendation to delivery baby?

Angela Mu

Can any mom share the hospital delivering experience and any recommendations?

Here is to share my experience. I delivery my baby girl at THOMSON Medical in Oct 2016. The total charge is 9,000+. My doctor is Mr. Andrian Woodworth and he charges me $2,675. The paediatrics doctor charges me $727. I am under normal delivery with spinal anaesthesia. I stay at 4 bed-room for 3 days and so did my baby. My baby did neonatal jaundice treatments(2 days) costs $1200+.

Tips that I learn:
1. no need to do extra tests for the baby, which I found that it's a waste of money.
2. The private hospital is expensive. I am thinking to delivery in public hospital next time.
3. Dr. Andrian Woodworth has a good price for pre-natal package $688 including 15 times checkups and basic medicines. Every time, it's very fast, like 2 mins. I sometimes found no time to speak to him.

Any mom has cheaper and better recommendation of hospital and doctor? Thanks

I was with Dr Adrain too in 2009 only 1k plus.
I heard from a colleague she paid ard 3k for dr adrain woodworth this year 2017 , natural birth no epidural, 4 bedded.
I am concerned with the cost of the doctor and giving birth too.
Can any mummy advise the cost of giving birth now?

Hello Angela, I'm FTM seeing dr Caroline Khi at TMC. What extra tests are you referring to for baby? I have a Friend seeing doc at Mount E. Doc drew six tubes of blood from her at one go scary

I delivered my girl in end-Sep 2016 at Mount E Novena (all single bedded at MNH). Total bill (including Dr fees, baby's bill, epi, etc) is $9k+. Cash out $5k+ for natural delivery with epidural (including food & accommodation for hubby). The stay is . My hub said its like staycation. It's peaceful & quiet at MNH. No observation ward (where I need to share with other mummies prior to being push to delivery room) unlike TMC. I delivered in TMC b4 & hate being push here & there while waiting to deliver. In MNH, I stayed in 1 bedded delivery room (waiting & delivery all done in that room) & hubby got to rest beside me at his comfortable reclining sofa chair unlike TMC.
I took single bedded for TMC b4. But at observation ward, still need to share with others (only divided by curtains).

The extra tests for baby can be covered under Medisave, only PD's ward charges cannot cover fully under MOH/CPF's guideline (cap of $100/50% - if memory doesn't fail me). Since the extra tests r within the daily max CPF withdrawal under neonatal bill, just do it lo. Otherwise after discharge if u do it, u need to pay via cash or CDA. I rather use Medisave in hospital.

Last edited:

Back