TCM after miscarriage

Hi sherleyuki,

Yes, I am subsequently referred to by another forum to be mom to consult recurrent miscarriages professor Choolani in Singapore, as I have a few miscarriages in the last 3.5 years.

The professor ran a series of tests on me, and found that I have the following:

a.) Slightly elevated natural killer cells, but not severe enough to warrant ivig treatment;

b.) Changes in one of my genes mthfr, causing my blood to be more sticky than normal; and

c.) Very low vitamin D levels. After taking prescription of Vitamin D plus calcium supplements, I repeated the blood test to check the levels after 2.5 months, and the good news is that now it is back to normal.

As for the blood test that you suggested that I do, it was also being done; results showed normal though.

Hi sherleyuki,

Yes, I am subsequently referred to by another forum to be mom to consult recurrent miscarriages professor Choolani in Singapore, as I have a few miscarriages in the last 3.5 years.

The professor ran a series of tests on me, and found that I have the following:

a.) Slightly elevated natural killer cells, but not severe enough to warrant ivig treatment;

b.) Changes in one of my genes mthfr, causing my blood to be more sticky than normal; and

c.) Very low vitamin D levels. After taking prescription of Vitamin D plus calcium supplements, I repeated the blood test to check the levels after 2.5 months, and the good news is that now it is back to normal.

As for the blood test that you suggested that I do, it was also being done; results showed normal though.

Oh good. Because i was diagnose with antiphoslipid positive, and my thyroid level is a bit high if i want to get pregnant, need to bring it down. I think the test is very comprehensive, did Prof Choolani suggests any treatment?

Oh good. Because i was diagnose with antiphoslipid positive, and my thyroid level is a bit high if i want to get pregnant, need to bring it down. I think the test is very comprehensive, did Prof Choolani suggests any treatment?

Hi sherleyuki,

Yes, he asked me to take 2,000 units of Vitamin D and calcium supplements, and also folic acid 5mg twice a day, and also aspirin 100mg each morning. Then I took one vitamin B6 in the morning as my luteal phase a bit on the short side, and vitamin B12 at night.

Hi All,

New to this forum. I'm in the midst of trying to conceive and my mim introduce me to Ban Choon Chan Medical Hall as her ex-colleague managed to get preg successfully after two cycles. So I went twice to Ban Choon Chan.
Will like to you share some experiences that I had with this TCM. Not a very pleasant one I'm afraid.

The 1st time I went to see him, together with my mom, he read my pulse and told me that my right ovary is weak but my left ovary is normal. He asks me desribed my past few menstrual cycles so I did. He then prescribe 4 packets of Chinese herbs to me, to be taken during Day 8 / Day 10 / Day 22 / Day 25 of the menstrual cycle. Between Day 10 & 22, he advised to try intercourse during the fertile week. I following closely to his instructions. He mentioned to take note if I had any difference in my next menstral cycle and the past cycles. And ask me to go back see him again after finishing the 4 packets of medicine.

My menses came and I went back to see him the 2nd time. I told him my menses this time round doesn't have much blood clots and I do not feel cramps (which these 2 symptoms I had usually in my past menses). Other than that, no other abnormal symptoms. He read my pulse again and say everything is good. This time round, I brought my hubby and he was given reading of pulse and medicine as well. Nothing was wrong with my hubby, said the physician.

My usual cycle last about 5-6 days but this time round, on the 10th day, I still bleeding. I got scared and phone up Ban Choon Chan Medical Hall. He told me to visit a gynae to get check and get some hormone pills to stop the bleeding. So i went to visit gynae. She did vaginal scan, womb scan and found nothing, no growth etc. She said they were healthy. I told her that before this menses, I took the Chinese herbs and she thought it might be the herbs that causing this hormones change and inbalance. She said she won't prescribe any hormones pill as she did want the western medicine to clash with the chinese medicine and that may lead to further complications to my menstrual cycle. So I went back home after gynae consultation. On the 12th day, bleeding stop and I was happy that it finally over.

However after 4 days, I got brown stains when I wipe but I thinking it may be just the left over blood. These brown stains situation lasted for around 2 days and red bleeding appear again. I went to visit the gynae again but she says everything is fine and said the same thing again but this time round, she specially asked me to go back and check with Ban Choon Chan Medical Hall. But for this bleeding, the unusual part is its on/off, not constant flow like menstruation. And came out a lot of blood clots. Until today (which is the 7th day), I am still bleeding. And today I went back to Ban Choon Chan Medical Hall. The lady, which is the physician wife askede to bring back the herbs and she refunded me money. I asked if the physician will need see me to assess condition again but she says don't need. She just simply says "你不适合吃中药” and took back my appointment card.

Seriously, I feel like this physician is not very professional and ethical at all. Even if you want to 'remove' from seeing me again, at least should see me for the last time and assess my condition. I ate the herbs he prescribed and encounter such condition and he was not giving me an answer. Just refund me money and asked me to go away.

Until today, I am still bleeding and it's my 7th day. I still don't know when it will stop and what is my current condition. I feel so lost and helpless now.

I hestiating if to visit back the gynae and ask for hormones pills to stop the bleeding. But I'm afraid by eating the pills, my menstrual cycle will all be haywired again. Now, I not sure what I should do to cure my condition :(

By the way, just to share, last year June 2015, i use pregnancy kit to test and the kit mentioned I am 1-2 weeks pregnant. But teo days later, i got brown stains and then bleed and I went to gynae to check. She did ultrasound but no found any preg sac. Did blood test and found not pregnant. So till date I not sure if I'm really pregnant that time or is just fake pregnancy. If any of you encountered before such situation, do share with me as till date, I'm still curious if I really did get preg last year.

Hi JCNG,

I did what you had in June 2015 was a chemical pregnancy. Meaning that somewhere the implantation was not complete, and so there was no pregnancy sac.

Well, I cannot comment on your experience of seeing the physician in Ban Choon Chan. What I do know is that some people may not be suitable to take tcm medicine.

Hi JCNG,

I did what you had in June 2015 was a chemical pregnancy. Meaning that somewhere the implantation was not complete, and so there was no pregnancy sac.

Well, I cannot comment on your experience of seeing the physician in Ban Choon Chan. What I do know is that some people may not be suitable to take tcm medicine.

Hi tryingtoconceive,

Thanks for your reply :)

So any suggestion what I should do now since my body not suitable for TCM?

Hi JCNG,

Well, I think for your case, you may not be suitable to consult certain tcm such as the physician in Ban Choon Chan. However, I do have another tcm contact that I sometimes still see in North Bridge Road. If you are interested, I can give you his contact details. What you need to do is just to PM (private message) me.

In the meanwhile, do try to cut down on taking cooling food and drinks and definitely no cold drinks with ice for the time being.

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps you.

Hi All,

New to this forum. I'm in the midst of trying to conceive and my mim introduce me to Ban Choon Chan Medical Hall as her ex-colleague managed to get preg successfully after two cycles. So I went twice to Ban Choon Chan.
Will like to you share some experiences that I had with this TCM. Not a very pleasant one I'm afraid.

The 1st time I went to see him, together with my mom, he read my pulse and told me that my right ovary is weak but my left ovary is normal. He asks me desribed my past few menstrual cycles so I did. He then prescribe 4 packets of Chinese herbs to me, to be taken during Day 8 / Day 10 / Day 22 / Day 25 of the menstrual cycle. Between Day 10 & 22, he advised to try intercourse during the fertile week. I following closely to his instructions. He mentioned to take note if I had any difference in my next menstral cycle and the past cycles. And ask me to go back see him again after finishing the 4 packets of medicine.

My menses came and I went back to see him the 2nd time. I told him my menses this time round doesn't have much blood clots and I do not feel cramps (which these 2 symptoms I had usually in my past menses). Other than that, no other abnormal symptoms. He read my pulse again and say everything is good. This time round, I brought my hubby and he was given reading of pulse and medicine as well. Nothing was wrong with my hubby, said the physician.

My usual cycle last about 5-6 days but this time round, on the 10th day, I still bleeding. I got scared and phone up Ban Choon Chan Medical Hall. He told me to visit a gynae to get check and get some hormone pills to stop the bleeding. So i went to visit gynae. She did vaginal scan, womb scan and found nothing, no growth etc. She said they were healthy. I told her that before this menses, I took the Chinese herbs and she thought it might be the herbs that causing this hormones change and inbalance. She said she won't prescribe any hormones pill as she did want the western medicine to clash with the chinese medicine and that may lead to further complications to my menstrual cycle. So I went back home after gynae consultation. On the 12th day, bleeding stop and I was happy that it finally over.

However after 4 days, I got brown stains when I wipe but I thinking it may be just the left over blood. These brown stains situation lasted for around 2 days and red bleeding appear again. I went to visit the gynae again but she says everything is fine and said the same thing again but this time round, she specially asked me to go back and check with Ban Choon Chan Medical Hall. But for this bleeding, the unusual part is its on/off, not constant flow like menstruation. And came out a lot of blood clots. Until today (which is the 7th day), I am still bleeding. And today I went back to Ban Choon Chan Medical Hall. The lady, which is the physician wife askede to bring back the herbs and she refunded me money. I asked if the physician will need see me to assess condition again but she says don't need. She just simply says "你不适合吃中药” and took back my appointment card.

Seriously, I feel like this physician is not very professional and ethical at all. Even if you want to 'remove' from seeing me again, at least should see me for the last time and assess my condition. I ate the herbs he prescribed and encounter such condition and he was not giving me an answer. Just refund me money and asked me to go away.

Until today, I am still bleeding and it's my 7th day. I still don't know when it will stop and what is my current condition. I feel so lost and helpless now.

I hestiating if to visit back the gynae and ask for hormones pills to stop the bleeding. But I'm afraid by eating the pills, my menstrual cycle will all be haywired again. Now, I not sure what I should do to cure my condition :(

By the way, just to share, last year June 2015, i use pregnancy kit to test and the kit mentioned I am 1-2 weeks pregnant. But teo days later, i got brown stains and then bleed and I went to gynae to check. She did ultrasound but no found any preg sac. Did blood test and found not pregnant. So till date I not sure if I'm really pregnant that time or is just fake pregnancy. If any of you encountered before such situation, do share with me as till date, I'm still curious if I really did get preg last year.

Since u did scan at gynae recently then I suggest u dun take any Chinese herbs now to let Ur body readjust. Let it wait out and see. Not to scare u but Sometimes Chinese herbs cause fibroids or cysts in the uterus and these will cause abnormal bleedings.

Hi all,

I was looking for tcm and found this thread. Would like to have some advise.

3 yrs ago, i had mc due to no heart beat, last yr manage to conceive but need to remove due to bb have serious defects then this year again mc due to no heart beat. Really feel sad and depress. My gayne said that i have poor blood circulation and advise me to go find tcm.

Is there any good recommendation? really wish to have kids but at the same time also worry will mc again. :(

Hi Blurlikemax, tcm acupuncture might be able to help poor blood circulation. During acupuncture, the needles are attached to a vibrator and also mild heat to enhance the process.
Prepare your body with healthy diet, take multivits to help conceive and folic acid too.
I went to a tcm in Clementi, Dr Tan Kian Sing. You might want to try as he has many years of experience in complicated cases.
Take care.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I was looking for tcm and found this thread. Would like to have some advise.

3 yrs ago, i had mc due to no heart beat, last yr manage to conceive but need to remove due to bb have serious defects then this year again mc due to no heart beat. Really feel sad and depress. My gayne said that i have poor blood circulation and advise me to go find tcm.

Is there any good recommendation? really wish to have kids but at the same time also worry will mc again. :(

Hi Blurlikemax,

Another one tcm you would like to try is Ban Choon Chan in Marine Parade. However, his waiting time is really long, as he is off Monday and Tuesday. For Wed to Fri, he only sees patients from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.; for Sat, only till 3:30 p.m. and for Sun, only till 12:30 p.m.

Just beware that after he gets you pregnant with his herbs which we have to brew ourselves, he will just boo chap if you suffer from pregnancy complications. That was what he did to me last year.

Can try tcm called Zou Yu Min at ang mo kio avenue 8.
After 2 miscarriages last year, I went to this tcm in early this year and have just delivered a healthy baby a week ago.
Ladies, please do not give up.

Has anyone tried TCM @ Eu Yan Sang clinic after miscarriage for "tiao yang" of body and to get pregnant again?

I just had a miscarriage earlier this week and I took Cryrotec pills to clear my uterus. I'm planning to consult a TCM doctor after I'm finish with my antibiotics.

Any advice, please?

Hi tryingtoconceive2014

New to this group but considering Ban Choon Chan at marine parade. There are mixed experiences for sure. Can you provide your overall opinion?

Also, please could you message me the North Bridge Road number and address?

Hi All,

I went to see the recurrent miscarriage Professor Choolani this morning. He said that now my vitamin D levels are looking good; normal is 30, and my repeat blood test on Dec 15 showed 34.93. :)

Professor also said if want to see tcm, the only one he will allow me to see is Marine Parade Ban Choon Chan, as now the rheumatologist has a treatment plan for my next pregnancy.

Any idea if Uncle Chan is on holiday this period? I remembered last year he was closed around this time, only reopen on Jan 2.
Hi! Hopefully you have picked up my message!TIA

Hi Trish,

Yes, I already PM (private message) you.

Please check.

Hi tryingtoconceive2014,

Just curious, why does Prof choolani only allow u to see tcm at Ban choon chan?
i went there once after my miscarriage, but haven't bleed and said cannot diagnose since i can't describe my menses and send me home.
quite strange encounter, needless to say i never went back.

Hi grumpet,

No, actually Prof choolani does not allow me to see any tcm once I started seeing him and taking his medications, as he said that if any complications happen during the treatment phase, he won't be responsible for it, as otherwise he won't be able to tell if it is from his prescribed medicine, or the tcm medicine, or both.

Of course, you can still see tcm at your own free will, without telling Prof choolani.

Hi grumpet,

No, actually Prof choolani does not allow me to see any tcm once I started seeing him and taking his medications, as he said that if any complications happen during the treatment phase, he won't be responsible for it, as otherwise he won't be able to tell if it is from his prescribed medicine, or the tcm medicine, or both.

Of course, you can still see tcm at your own free will, without telling Prof choolani.

That's more like it. just reading what u wrote 19 Dec 2015, that's all.
i m not keen on Chinese herbs, doing some acupuncture only now.

how about now? Have you pregnant and deliver baby after tiaoli?

Hi,

Sorry for not coming to this board for a while. Finally, after about 6 months of tiao by this sinseh at Marine Parade (I suffered a blighted ovum in August last year 2014, and that was my 5th miscarriage), I conceived in early April this year. Tested positive (BFP) on May 7. As my menses usually came on time, and his clinic is closed on Monday (May 4), he told me to go to consult him on May 3, if do not see AF. I went to consult him, he felt my pulse and said that fertilisation has already occurred, and told me that the next few days will be crucial, so I just bed rested from May 4 to May 6. I consulted him the day that I tested BFP on clearblue HPT. He immediately felt my pulse, and said that I was pregnant, and then gave my hubby and I a detailed list of what to expect for the next 9 months (for example: when will I see baby's heartbeat, and get to know the sex of the baby etc), and foods and drinks to avoid during pregnancy; and remarked that he would see me through the 9 months, and any issues, just phone him if too troublesome to go to his medical hall to see him. He just prescribed me one packet of antai herbs and said that that will last me till week 13, and to drink the brewed chicken breast soup every day, until I see the baby's heartbeat, then no need to drink so often, maybe every 2 to 3 days. At week 6, I suffered from minor vaginal bleeding in the middle of the night, and went to TMC, their 24 hours clinic for emergency, in which the nurse phoned Dr Loh SF, and told him about my condition (by then, it was only spotting). Dr Loh told the nurse to give me a progesterone jab to antai, and to see him the next day morning (Wed), and discharged me home, and told me to observe the bleeding. The next day, during ultrasound, Dr Loh said that the embryo was 6 weeks and 2 days, that there was fetal heartbeat (about 150 beats per minute) but then there was subchrionic bleeding. When my mom requested that I be admitted for bed rest, Dr Loh strongly objected, and eventually, as they do not have any single beds available, I was told to bed rest (fully) at home. I called the marine parade tcm sinseh the next day, told him about the subchrionic bleeding. He told me that it is no big deal, just that when the embryo was formed, a water bag was also formed, and will disappear within the next few days, and refused to antai for me. The next few days, there was then no spotting/bleeding, then on Sat, I discovered brown colour spotting when I wiped (which my mom said was not a good sign), and the brown spotting turned to red on the following day Sunday at 4 p.m. My hubby immediately went to TMC their 24-hours clinic, so that the nurse could contact Dr Loh SF for me. Dr Loh ordered the nurse to immediately do blood tests for me, to check for blood clotting disorder, including D-Dimer; and thank God all came back normal, and I was discharged back home. As the next day was Vesak Day public holiday, I only managed to see Dr Loh at his clinic on the following day (Tue). Dr Loh did a transvaginal ultrasound, said that it was not a good sign as the embryo never grew in one week, the CRL had shrunk, though there was still heartbeat, so he hoped that I could save the pregnancy, with progesterone tablets and progesterone injection every 3 days. The next day, Wed, I called the marine parade tcm sinseh as soon as his clinic opened. When I told him about my pregnancy issues, he just rudely replied me that embryo grew or not is decided by my gynaecologist, and not him, and again refused to antai for me, loud and clear.

To cut the long story short, on recommendation of my previous personal trainer, I went to consult their tcm in North Bridge Road, Crawford Court (Tai Choon Foh Medical Hall). The sinseh felt my pulse, said that there was embryo heartbeat, but then it was not stable, so told me to bed rest a lot. He prescribed me 5 days of medicine to antai and also to stop the subchrionic bleeding, and to see him 5 days later. When I saw him 5 days later, he felt my pulse and said that the embryo was still okay and got a heartbeat. However, 2 days later, when I wiped after the first bowel movement in the morning, I discovered brown colour spotting (is that from the demise of the embryo) or from the progesterone injection, I do not know. Anyway, I continued to take the spare medicine prescribed by this sinseh's wife, to stop the bleeding and to take the antai medicine 2 hours later, 3 times daily. However, another 2 more days, on June 12, when I went to pee at 11:30 a.m., I discovered fresh bleeding, just like the start of period bleeding. I was freaked out, and immediately went to consult the sinseh at North Bridge Road. He felt my pulse, said at first that I already miscarried the embryo; then felt my pulse again, and said that he would try his best to antai for me, though the prognosis is not good, and to call him or his wife if anything. That day, I lied mostly in bed at home, the bleeding stopped. However, after a quick shower at night, the fresh bleeding started again. As my hubby was having a very bad cold by then, and my mom was afraid that he would pass it to me, so I went to sleep with my mom at night. The next morning, when I woke up, the urine became red in colour. As I could not get through the telephone of Dr Loh's clinic, my hubby went down first and my mom and I went down later. Dr Loh was in surgery, and his partner Dr Dr Mariette saw me instead shortly. She immediately did a transvaginal ultrasound. Said that it did not look good at all, that the embryo has shrunk and was abnormally small for its size, and some more, the heartbeat was gone, so told me to expect miscarriage. She said that since I was already bleeding moderately, I could choose to naturally miscarry, or to insert the cytotec vaginal medicine to induce miscarriage (I chose this method during the blighted ovum last August, and ended up with excessive bleeding, and so am scared to use it again), or to do the d and c. After suffering an agonizing tummy ache at home at 3:30 p.m. for 1.5 hours, I eventually passed out the unhealthy embryo tissue at 5 p.m. when I went to pee.

This is the number 6th miscarriage I had in 3.5 years, and Dr Loh could not find an explanation of why I could conceive easily naturally (I did one cycle of IVF back in July 2011, and failed); but could never last longer than 6 weeks mostly. He suspected that it might be something to do with my immune system.

Here in Singapore, the tcm and Dr Loh also do not believe very much in the old fashioned treatment of injecting my hubby's white blood serum under the folds of my skin (each treatment is 3 months), to correct my negative blocking antibodies. In Guangzhou of China, the doctors there believed that this is the main cause of my unexplained recurrent miscarriages.

Anyway, the North Bridge tcm sinseh did say that the main issue with my recurrent miscarriages is that my uterus is weak, and so cannot hold the embryo. He advised that I go back to him 10 days after my miscarriage, and he will use herbs to start strengthening my uterus and to improve my negative blocking antibodies. Each course of treatment is 1 month, and I will need to have 4 months of treatment before I can try to conceive again. He is hopeful of my case, as he recently managed to treat a 24 year old Chinese mom married to an American man living in the USA. The young mom miscarried 4 times, and went to consult him. He gave her 4 months of herbs to strengthen her herbs and told her to bring them back to USA. The 2nd month, the mom called long distance to her, said that she was pregnant, the sinseh told her to finish the course of herbs. And she recently gave birth to a baby boy, and sent the family photo to this tcm, to express her gratitude and thanks.

As I caught a cold during shower and shampoo on the night of my miscarriage, and still got dry cough after one week and profuse sweating even after stopping taking the chinese medicine yin qiao capsules given by my mom as the sinseh's wife said that that could be the cause of my profuse sweating, when I called last Sat evening. She said that I could see her hubby the tcm sinseh on Monday. The sinseh felt my pulse, said that I do not cough that much anymore, but still got cold sweat, so prescribed me 5 days of herbal medicine to help relieve my stress levels and to help me sleep better at night. True enough, after taking the herbs, I managed to sleep through the night, and also the face colour looked a lot brighter too. :)

I did tell the marine parade sinseh that after my blighted ovum last Aug, my AF became less, reduced from the usual 5 days, to at most 3 days or 2.5 days, but he did not seem concerned. However, in my personal view, I think that this can be the cause of my miscarriage, as it means that my uterine lining is not strong yet.

Thinking about going back to this marine parade tcm sinseh during the 4th month, to get herbs to induce ovulation and also to aid implantation.

So be warned that this marine parade tcm sinseh seemed more keen in getting a woman pregnant, but may not take into account that she has a weak uterus, which can eventually lead to a miscarriage.

Hi maomaobaby,

No, unfortunately it so happened that my mom passed away in Hong Kong on May 22 last year (2016) and so we have been delaying ttc.

I am now on getting my upper body to be fit again, as through personal training in Tera Wellness Club in Shanghai, the trainer discovered that my upper body is rather weak, and that may partly explain my recurrent miscarriages.

I believe that my husband is also going to start personal training in July, which is next month, though he only bought 10 sessions to begin with.

And yes you are right, we have relocated to Shanghai, since my husband got a job offer from a private hospital in Singapore last year (2016) end of May.

IMG_3187.JPG

Not sure if this helps

Hi Everybody

I BFPed via IVF a few weeks ago. Unfortunately the scan this week found that the sac is empty. Doc said to scan again next week. Strongly suspect that its a blighted ovum and therefore matter of time before I miscarry. First time pregnant, first time miscarry.

Anybody went thru something similar (IVF, blighted ovum) and which (English Speaking) TCM to recommend?

I am thinking of enhancing my body before I try again with the remaining IVF embryos.

Hi tryingtoconceive2014,

Can you pm me the north bridge tcm contact?
I jus had chemical pregnancy over the weekend And looking to tiao my body with tcm.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Sorry for not coming to this board for a while. Finally, after about 6 months of tiao by this sinseh at Marine Parade (I suffered a blighted ovum in August last year 2014, and that was my 5th miscarriage), I conceived in early April this year. Tested positive (BFP) on May 7. As my menses usually came on time, and his clinic is closed on Monday (May 4), he told me to go to consult him on May 3, if do not see AF. I went to consult him, he felt my pulse and said that fertilisation has already occurred, and told me that the next few days will be crucial, so I just bed rested from May 4 to May 6. I consulted him the day that I tested BFP on clearblue HPT. He immediately felt my pulse, and said that I was pregnant, and then gave my hubby and I a detailed list of what to expect for the next 9 months (for example: when will I see baby's heartbeat, and get to know the sex of the baby etc), and foods and drinks to avoid during pregnancy; and remarked that he would see me through the 9 months, and any issues, just phone him if too troublesome to go to his medical hall to see him. He just prescribed me one packet of antai herbs and said that that will last me till week 13, and to drink the brewed chicken breast soup every day, until I see the baby's heartbeat, then no need to drink so often, maybe every 2 to 3 days. At week 6, I suffered from minor vaginal bleeding in the middle of the night, and went to TMC, their 24 hours clinic for emergency, in which the nurse phoned Dr Loh SF, and told him about my condition (by then, it was only spotting). Dr Loh told the nurse to give me a progesterone jab to antai, and to see him the next day morning (Wed), and discharged me home, and told me to observe the bleeding. The next day, during ultrasound, Dr Loh said that the embryo was 6 weeks and 2 days, that there was fetal heartbeat (about 150 beats per minute) but then there was subchrionic bleeding. When my mom requested that I be admitted for bed rest, Dr Loh strongly objected, and eventually, as they do not have any single beds available, I was told to bed rest (fully) at home. I called the marine parade tcm sinseh the next day, told him about the subchrionic bleeding. He told me that it is no big deal, just that when the embryo was formed, a water bag was also formed, and will disappear within the next few days, and refused to antai for me. The next few days, there was then no spotting/bleeding, then on Sat, I discovered brown colour spotting when I wiped (which my mom said was not a good sign), and the brown spotting turned to red on the following day Sunday at 4 p.m. My hubby immediately went to TMC their 24-hours clinic, so that the nurse could contact Dr Loh SF for me. Dr Loh ordered the nurse to immediately do blood tests for me, to check for blood clotting disorder, including D-Dimer; and thank God all came back normal, and I was discharged back home. As the next day was Vesak Day public holiday, I only managed to see Dr Loh at his clinic on the following day (Tue). Dr Loh did a transvaginal ultrasound, said that it was not a good sign as the embryo never grew in one week, the CRL had shrunk, though there was still heartbeat, so he hoped that I could save the pregnancy, with progesterone tablets and progesterone injection every 3 days. The next day, Wed, I called the marine parade tcm sinseh as soon as his clinic opened. When I told him about my pregnancy issues, he just rudely replied me that embryo grew or not is decided by my gynaecologist, and not him, and again refused to antai for me, loud and clear.

To cut the long story short, on recommendation of my previous personal trainer, I went to consult their tcm in North Bridge Road, Crawford Court (Tai Choon Foh Medical Hall). The sinseh felt my pulse, said that there was embryo heartbeat, but then it was not stable, so told me to bed rest a lot. He prescribed me 5 days of medicine to antai and also to stop the subchrionic bleeding, and to see him 5 days later. When I saw him 5 days later, he felt my pulse and said that the embryo was still okay and got a heartbeat. However, 2 days later, when I wiped after the first bowel movement in the morning, I discovered brown colour spotting (is that from the demise of the embryo) or from the progesterone injection, I do not know. Anyway, I continued to take the spare medicine prescribed by this sinseh's wife, to stop the bleeding and to take the antai medicine 2 hours later, 3 times daily. However, another 2 more days, on June 12, when I went to pee at 11:30 a.m., I discovered fresh bleeding, just like the start of period bleeding. I was freaked out, and immediately went to consult the sinseh at North Bridge Road. He felt my pulse, said at first that I already miscarried the embryo; then felt my pulse again, and said that he would try his best to antai for me, though the prognosis is not good, and to call him or his wife if anything. That day, I lied mostly in bed at home, the bleeding stopped. However, after a quick shower at night, the fresh bleeding started again. As my hubby was having a very bad cold by then, and my mom was afraid that he would pass it to me, so I went to sleep with my mom at night. The next morning, when I woke up, the urine became red in colour. As I could not get through the telephone of Dr Loh's clinic, my hubby went down first and my mom and I went down later. Dr Loh was in surgery, and his partner Dr Dr Mariette saw me instead shortly. She immediately did a transvaginal ultrasound. Said that it did not look good at all, that the embryo has shrunk and was abnormally small for its size, and some more, the heartbeat was gone, so told me to expect miscarriage. She said that since I was already bleeding moderately, I could choose to naturally miscarry, or to insert the cytotec vaginal medicine to induce miscarriage (I chose this method during the blighted ovum last August, and ended up with excessive bleeding, and so am scared to use it again), or to do the d and c. After suffering an agonizing tummy ache at home at 3:30 p.m. for 1.5 hours, I eventually passed out the unhealthy embryo tissue at 5 p.m. when I went to pee.

This is the number 6th miscarriage I had in 3.5 years, and Dr Loh could not find an explanation of why I could conceive easily naturally (I did one cycle of IVF back in July 2011, and failed); but could never last longer than 6 weeks mostly. He suspected that it might be something to do with my immune system.

Here in Singapore, the tcm and Dr Loh also do not believe very much in the old fashioned treatment of injecting my hubby's white blood serum under the folds of my skin (each treatment is 3 months), to correct my negative blocking antibodies. In Guangzhou of China, the doctors there believed that this is the main cause of my unexplained recurrent miscarriages.

Anyway, the North Bridge tcm sinseh did say that the main issue with my recurrent miscarriages is that my uterus is weak, and so cannot hold the embryo. He advised that I go back to him 10 days after my miscarriage, and he will use herbs to start strengthening my uterus and to improve my negative blocking antibodies. Each course of treatment is 1 month, and I will need to have 4 months of treatment before I can try to conceive again. He is hopeful of my case, as he recently managed to treat a 24 year old Chinese mom married to an American man living in the USA. The young mom miscarried 4 times, and went to consult him. He gave her 4 months of herbs to strengthen her herbs and told her to bring them back to USA. The 2nd month, the mom called long distance to her, said that she was pregnant, the sinseh told her to finish the course of herbs. And she recently gave birth to a baby boy, and sent the family photo to this tcm, to express her gratitude and thanks.

As I caught a cold during shower and shampoo on the night of my miscarriage, and still got dry cough after one week and profuse sweating even after stopping taking the chinese medicine yin qiao capsules given by my mom as the sinseh's wife said that that could be the cause of my profuse sweating, when I called last Sat evening. She said that I could see her hubby the tcm sinseh on Monday. The sinseh felt my pulse, said that I do not cough that much anymore, but still got cold sweat, so prescribed me 5 days of herbal medicine to help relieve my stress levels and to help me sleep better at night. True enough, after taking the herbs, I managed to sleep through the night, and also the face colour looked a lot brighter too. :)

I did tell the marine parade sinseh that after my blighted ovum last Aug, my AF became less, reduced from the usual 5 days, to at most 3 days or 2.5 days, but he did not seem concerned. However, in my personal view, I think that this can be the cause of my miscarriage, as it means that my uterine lining is not strong yet.

Thinking about going back to this marine parade tcm sinseh during the 4th month, to get herbs to induce ovulation and also to aid implantation.

So be warned that this marine parade tcm sinseh seemed more keen in getting a woman pregnant, but may not take into account that she has a weak uterus, which can eventually lead to a miscarriage.

Hi all,

I am new here. I had a 4 yo kid and just MC. Wonder should I go to Prof choolani or tcm? Gynae said I got a bad egg. My baby no heart beaT ard 7 weeks plus. Appreciate your advice. Wish everyone got a healthy baby!

Hi tryingtoconceive2014,

Can you pm me the north bridge tcm contact?
I jus had chemical pregnancy over the weekend And looking to tiao my body with tcm.

Thanks in advance

Can i have the contacts please? Had a miscarriage yesterday through wash..

Hello! Would anyone be able to advise if drinking Chinese meds from TCM doctor is safe during pregnancy? My worry is potential heavy metals or contamination as these are usually nature-derived. Thank you.

Back