Can take duphaston tablets on 1st trimester?

Fiera

Hi.. yesterday i went for my 1st doc consultation. She did d scan n said tat im 6 weeks now. She prescribed duphaston tabs along with folic acid tabs. I dont have any spotting or previous medical history of mc. I cannot decide whether to take this tabs or not.. plz give me any suggestions on duphastons tabs...

duphaston is a hormonal pill to support your pregnancy.

did u ask your gynae why did she prescribe you duphaston pills? or did she pick up something during the scan?

i personally took duphaston for a few weeks during my 1st trimester.. because i have PCOS altho without any past history of MC or bleeding/spotting. so she just gave me to support the pregnancy.

Duphaston tabs are for you to stabilise your pregnancy, I took them during my first trimester without any problems.

You can ask your gynae why she gave you that, but personally I think she is just trying to play it safe. :)

Thank u for the advices.. my gynae didn't mention anything as pcod or pcos. That s y im worrying... anyway i started to take the tabs. I hope everything will be alright.:)

Back