Pls help!!Excessive saliva during pregnancy

huisang1984

Dear mom to be,im currently preg wz no.3 and having alot more saliva..i have no idea and duno what to do,is very disgusting.whenever i go out,i will need to bring a plastic bag to keep my saliva,cant swallow it as well,as i will feel like vomit if i swallow..

Any mom facing the same issue and any ways to resolve it?i try rinse my mouth wz salt water,tried sugar free mint sweet etc..but no help at all!!

@huisang1984
I totally know what you are facing now. I suffered excessive saliva for both pregnancies. Started as early as 6 weeks till I delivered at 37 weeks. Yes, swallow it down would only make me vomit. Unfortunately no medicine can help.

I used to spit in plastic bags too and experienced leakage all over my bag. So my friend suggested I buy small yoghurt bottled drinks (non transparent) so I can spit into it. And I changed them frequently. Most of the people thought I was drinking youghurt and not realizing I'm actually spitting. That made me feel less conscious and inferior.

I couldn't lie flat throughout my pregnancy. I had to lie resting on the headboard so my saliva doesn't back flow and choke. I placed a bin beside my bed so I can turn over and spit.

Not easy. Eating and chatting with people became a chore. Couldn't complete 3 sentences without spitting.

My nightmare is over. We will do everything we can for our child. Hope the best for you.

Back