Help with calculation....am i pregnant?

Chermside

Hi ladies,
I am new to the motherhood forum. Need your advice...1st day of my last period was on 31 oct 15....i may have ovulated and conceived(if i am preg) between 22-25th nov...i did a preg test 2 days ago and its was a faint positive...today at the doc its bfn...and am i testing too early based on my ovulation date? Period was due 2 dec and i have some symptoms like shortness of breath and dizziness...i still think i am preg...anyone with similar situation?

Hi tryingtoconceive2014,
No this is the first time ever. Max has been CD 35. I do get mild cramps that last a couple of secs....maybe my conception was late?

Hi Chermside,

Then perhaps you would like to test with the home pregnancy kit again.

You can try the clearblue compact, the clearblue pregnancy test (will show a + if you manage to conceive) or the best is to use clearblue digital pregnancy test kit, which will tell you how many weeks you are now, if you are currently pregnant.

Hellooo yes today is CD 46.... no my cd has never gone beyond 35...usually i get it on 30-32...i just did the test...its negative. I will wait till 19th to test again. Its so confusing right! I had cramping over the weekend and now it has stopped.

Hi Chermside,

This is definitely not right.

Please go to your gynae, to find out what is happening.

Yes, if it is chemical, you should get your AF; but it will only come when your Beta hcg drops to a certain level, not before that.

By 19th (this Sat), you will be CD50 already.

I just got my period i believe! Will be cancelling my doctors appt. No idea why it is so late...better luck next time for me...

Hi Chermside,

I suspected that yours could be a very late chemical pregnancy. I suffered this a few years back. Pregnancy detected at 4.5 weeks, supposed to be 6 plus 7 weeks, but went to KK ultrasound and did not see anything at all. And drew blood to check my Beta hcg, which dropped considerably. And that was the cycle where I got my period very late.

Hello...yes you are right...blood test results were out today. Doc confirms a very early miscarriage.:( did you get preg after that...

Hi Chermside,

Sorry to know about your early miscarriage. Did dr say when it happened?

As for me, yes, I did manage to get pregnant after that, but then it was either chemical (3 different pregnancies) or blighted ovum (empty sac) or immune system issues causing me to lose the bb before 8 weeks. So I am subsequently referred to the recurrent miscarriage Professor Choolani. I am currently seeing him in Mount Elizabeth Novena. He managed to find out my issues, and when I saw him for review consultation in end of September this year (2015), he prescribed me with a lot of supplements to prepare for pregnancy. As one of my issues is very low vitamin D, normal is 30 but mine was only 11. So I did the repeat blood test on this Tue morning for it. Will find out the results when I see him for review consultation this Sat morning.

My doc asked me to continue with folic plus iodine and vit d...i have been taking them for a month now...will continue...hope you conceive soon... all the best! I have a blood test on the 21st to review my hcg, iron and a few other things.

Doc said it happened too early probably 2 to 3 weeks preg...she said most women go through this. Just that most do not even know they were preg.

Hi tryingtoconceive2014,

Hope you managed to conceive. Just catching up on an old thread. I am currently 32weeks pregnant. Managed to get preg with the help of an ovulation kit

Please let me know how you have been. all the best

Hi Chermside,

No due to the sudden death of my mom in Hong Kong on May 22 this year (2016) our trying to conceive plan currently put on hold, as I am still dealing with the grief issue. Been seeing tcm doctor here in Hong Kong. He said that usually he will advise to take break off trying to conceive for 1 year if due to major event such as grief, but due to my advanced maternal age (I turned 40 in early May this year), he will advise that I can start trying after 6 months.

I will try to live in Shanghai in mid January next year (2017), to see if I can adjust to the totally new environment there, a country which I have never lived before. My husband said give us 1 year to try, and if still no luck, then most likely we will go for adoption.

Anyway, congrats on your good news. Enjoy the bundle of joy in your tummy. Hope that you are having the gender of the baby that both you and your hubby wants. Once s/he is born, you will be having restless and sleepless nights.

My deepest condolences to you and your family. That must be really hard.
Moving to a new place is never easy. I moved to brisbane feb 2014. My husband works in oil and gas industry so he comes home for a week in a month. Other days i had to stay alone. It was very stressful and scary at first. I didn't know anyone. So i can totally feel you!!!

It took me a year to get used to it. I hope you find the strenght to push through! All the best...take each day like a journey...it wont be as bad...and try again soon. There is always hope for everyone. Thanks for your wishes. We are having a baby boy. We didn't really mind any gender. Hope to hear from you when all has been settled down. Sending over all the baby dust you need to conceive in 2017! All the best!

Hi Chermside,

Well currently since mid-July I have been living in Hong Kong to get used to the new mindset of not having my mom around anymore, as the counsellor I have been seeing is of the view that I should not push myself to go to a a new place if I am not yet ready. And my husband flys to Hong Kong for 5 days to a week each month.

As long as the baby is healthy, that is the most important, though I am aware that the very conservative Chinese family usually prefers boys.

Thank you for your baby dust luck to me. Much appreciated.

Back