When did you start hiring confinement lady?

LadyP

Hi ladies, as I have two losses before (one around the stage at which I m now - 14 weeks), can I ask what's the best time to start engaging a confinement nanny?

I don't want to book too early cos I m fearful but if I don't book soon, I might not get a good one as my EDD is during peak season in December.

Also how long did you keep your nanny for? My friends said anything from two months to more.

Lastly what are the things that I should ask when I interview one? Thk you! :)

Actually now you have to start searching and alot of Confinement nanny is already being booked liao.. I had booked mine 1 month ago and luckily that lady is now doing confinement for my friend. I did check for others, alot kanna booked.

It will be good to book now to secure a nanny. I booked 5 months earlier from edd. They will just collect a deposit from you, my nanny asked for $500. Nanny was with me for 28 days. Wanted to extend another 2 weeks but her passport had issues so she had to go back to Malaysia.

Questions that I asked are mainly regarding what she will do. Like will she wash my hubby's clothes. What household chores would she do. What will she cook. Is she open to bathing during confinement.

I just finished my confinement and I'm glad to have employed one. First month is really trying. All the best to u!

Hi ladies, as I have two losses before (one around the stage at which I m now - 14 weeks), can I ask what's the best time to start engaging a confinement nanny?

I don't want to book too early cos I m fearful but if I don't book soon, I might not get a good one as my EDD is during peak season in December.

Also how long did you keep your nanny for? My friends said anything from two months to more.

Lastly what are the things that I should ask when I interview one? Thk you! :)

Hello,

Should book asap. The really good ones have booking easily 6 mth or more ahead. i am super KS, once i confirm my preggy, i already dial my previous CL to book her slot liao

Dear Mummies,
Anyone had a CL to to recommend? Mine die in early Dec.

I have a confinement lady with me now, auntie Ya Er, that I would strongly recommend.

She is pro-breastfeeding and will prepare foods that will help in milk supply. She has a genuine love for baby, you can see it through her absolute patience when baby is taking forever to burp, changes 2-3 outfit in 1 hr due to milk or poo and excitement when baby learns something new. She also takes very good care of mummy and even your house (cleans kitchen after cooking every meal, cleans toilet after showering baby and handwashing baby clothes).

She has more than 20 years experience, is available from Dec 16. You can reach her at 93766690 (call/whatsapp) since she is in SG now or +60167253079.

Last edited:
I have a confinement lady with me now that I would strongly recommend.

She is pro-breastfeeding and will prepare foods that will help in milk supply. She has a genuine love for baby, you can see it through her absolute patience when baby is taking forever to burp, changes 2-3 outfit in 1 hr due to milk or poo and excitement when baby learns something new. She also takes very good care of mummy and even your house (cleans kitchen after cooking every meal, cleans toilet after showering baby and handwashing baby clothes).

She has more than 20 years experience, is available from Dec 16. You can reach her at 93766690 (call/whatsapp) since she is in SG now or +60167253079.
Full for Aug 16?

Dear Mummies,
Anyone had a CL to to recommend? Mine die in early Dec.

hi, you can try wings (org for women to take up cse and jobs) Ms may ng 62501012 for confinement nanny. day time 1.6k, stay in 2.5k. they are trained in kkh and locals too. i manage to find out only recently like yesterday, so the waiting time is affected as my due date 31/7/16. wad she does is tat she will ask you to fill a form and this form will be email to all the locals, there are msians too, trained nannies who are interested and they will call you.

i heard wad they do is tat they r trained to cook confinement dishes e.g. like vinegar trotters and learn to bathe babies in proper ways. if i had the time i will wanna get my confinement from here. hope this helps

I have a confinement lady with me now, auntie Ya Er, that I would strongly recommend.

Hi Cinval,

Thanks for recommending.

May i know how's Aunty Ya Er cooking? Would you mind to share some of her food photos? :p My email: [email protected]
Will she cook for hubby too? How old is she?

Last edited:
Hi Cinval,

Thanks for recommending.

May i know how's Aunty Ya Er cooking? Would you mind to share some of her food photos? :p My email: [email protected]
Will she cook for hubby too? How old is she?

No prob! Her cooking I'd say is alright, she will adapt according to your taste preference when you give her feedback. She knows how to cook all the confinement dishes/soups, for the rest of the foods, it depends on what ingredients you get for her provided you can take those foods during confinement. She is very knowledgeable and can recommend foods good for BF supply too.

My husband is very picky with food so he told her not to cook from Day 1 so I can't be sure. But I do hear her share her stories of cooking for the hub. I'll email you some pics!

Can share with me on her rates?

Hi,

My mother is an experience confinement nanny that has more than 20 years of experience in Singapore. She used to take care of my 2 babies & my sister's babies too in 2013 / 2014, when we just gave birth. She is very very good in taking care of newborn. I heard a lot of compliments from her employers before. They're all satisfied with her.

She can cook tasty confinement food for you & your family. She is quite an open-minded auntie so don't have to worry having trouble living with a stranger. She is semi-retired now but she still can help if happen that you are looking for a reliable confinement nanny.

Do call or whatsapp/sms me if you are interested. Eury Wee / 98160846. She can chat with you directly too.

Hi, I manage to find my confinement nanny through wing. Luckily I found her jus days before my birth. She came out early on the 11/7. She is trained in kkh n currently doing my confinement.. She speaks English, Chinese, Cantonese. Contact her to find out more, Bernie 9758 2309. Any ref needed can pm me or apps me @ 83238136

Last edited:
Hi all, my confinement lady is leaving on Monday and I would really like to recommend her...

This is my 2nd pregnancy. My HB was not satisfied with the previous CL so I got this one after recommendations from friends.

1) She cooks really well, my HB loves her homecooked food. My MIL came over to 偷师 (steal some tips) from her. She even made herbal soup for my MIL and 梅菜扣肉 becos my MIL asked her for help to pack herbs for herbal soup, and commented she likes 梅菜。

2) She is very thrifty. When herbs shopping she didn't buy everything for 28days and only bought enough supplies. She want to know what I drink and dun drink b4 she buys some more herbs.

3) She buys good quality ingredients from the market. Initially my MIL does the marketing, but after she learns how to go to the market she will get fresher foods. She really knows how to choose the ingredients too. She doesn't over spends and keeps accounts on what she buys given the budget.

4) she is super duper hardworking. When I first spoke to her on the phone, she said she will only take care of mummy and baby which is common practice and will help out in chores if there is enough time. But she ended up doing up all the chores, esp laundry which I procrastinate. She mops the floor at least once in 2 days or right after cooking depending if she has time. She takes a short nap in the day time but other than that she works non stop. She even keeps track of my elder son's school uniform supply and my HB work attire, so as to plan the laundry schedule accordingly.

5) she is neat and organized. She packed my kitchen (which is open concept and relatively small storage limits), store all the ingredients, herbs, my detergents, pots and pans even more neatly then before.

6) She is very ethical and reliable (imo). I booked her in late dec early Jan, and wanted to give her a deposit. She doesn't need a deposit, says in her line must 讲信用, confirm means confirm. So I confirmed her and did not contact her until late June, she contacted me to check if I have delivered and if I have found someone else cos I told her I will most likely deliver early (EDDJul) and yet I did not contact her in Jun. I confirmed with her that I did not find anyone else and will let her know when I deliver.

I found out that someone else was trying to get her to help babysit her 2mo and begged her to help despite her turning down. Eventually she went to help for a few days while waiting for me to deliver. Employer told her to find a replacement for me and to stay and help her, which she rejected again.

She also took on an assignment in December. After which a close relative called her to engage her also in December. She has to turn down her relative bcos she has alr promised others first.

She is available in March/April... PM me if you want her contact.

Back