WTA Anybody using Rainbow Vaccum Cleaner?

librian_01

Anybody using Rainbow Vaccum Cleaner? How was it? I am considering but also afraid it will end up another white elephant? Anybody can share your review?

hi

I did not own a Rainbow vacuum cleaner, but the lady came to my place and did a demo last weekend.

I'm rather impressed with the cleaning functions, seeing all the dust collected when the lady vacuumed all the mattresses...

However, in my opinion, this vacuum cleaner is over priced and probably not necessary to spend $3K+ on it if just need to get rid of the dust mites..

Can easily engaged their services to clean the mattresses once every few months for a small fee...

Unless any of your family members have allergies or asthmatic

My frens who have seen the demo felt the same way too...

Thanks for sharing. I also find it very pricey. That why is still considering till now. I like the function that it can clean air as well as doing the household chores although I will not be the one doing it :p

The lady told me we can engage their cleaning service at S$10 an hour every monthly to help to clean up all the mattress/curtain etc dust... which seem very impressive.

My son has been sneezing every month at 3 months old.. and my hubby has been coughing for years... so I wonder if this set would be effective? Or should I just get a air purifier.

Anybody own a similar set has any review on this?

Hi

Your son sneezing is due to dust or other allergies?
Perhaps you can try to find out the cause of his sneezing as well as your husband's coughing.

There are air purifier in the markets that can add in aromatherapy oils to help clear runny nose etc and definitely much cheaper than Rainbow vacuum cleaner.

From my point of view, if you will be diligently using the vacuum cleaner to clean the mattresses very often and use it as a air purifier everyday, then maybe it will be a good investment. But if you only intend to clean the mattresses once in a while, then perhaps you should reconsider.

I also dunno why he has been sneezing. He seem to have running nose here and then eversince he cross 2 months and after a round of fever. My husband cough is very much due to dust allergies that affect his lungs according to doc.

Actually the ans is pretty straight forward when I have family members of such allergies haha... And to choose a vaccum cleaner, I should be getting this which I noe it is a good investment. So it is a matter of cost to me
sad.gif

i'm using it now, bot it few mths ago. My helper will use it to vacuum the house & dust the areas everyday. Every nite, b4 we sleep, she'll oso turn it on to purify our master bedroom. She'll oso do the dust mite cleaning of mattress, pillows etc, sofa, my ger's soft toys etc twice a mth. My hb has oso used it to clean out the a/c. My 3 year old ger has frequent nose bleeding which is due to thin nose lining but which does get aggravated when her sensitive nose acts up. Actually my main purpose in trying it out is hopefully to reduce her bleeding.

Since we use it quite a bit, guess it's still a worthwhile investment. Each time, the pail of water will become v cloudy & black so i guess there is a lot of dirt that is being removed & vacuum bags may not do the job as well?

actually, cos we made cheque payment for it, we oso received a free 12 pc pot set.

librian
seems to hv lessen & the bleeding is oso less when it does bleed. Previously, she can bleed so much that pinching her nose doesn't help much; blood will just keep dripping down. We hv to use ice cubes to place on her nose then it stops.

librian
but the set is quite bulky & a tad heavy compared to the other lighter & cheaper vacuum models ard. Will u b using it urself to vacuum or ur helper? cos if i dun hv a helper, doubt i will buy it as it might really end up as white elephant. I'm not that strong to lug it ard honestly haha

ya lor.. I got no helper that why also worried it will become a white elephant leh.

But I suppose still can use it as air purifier everyday right? I will leave the dusting to the call up service maid to do it. Good thing abt Rainbow is they provide such service to lazy customer like me :p Tat makes me very tempted. Anyway, additional S$20 a month for the maid service is not expensive and can save on air con maintenance too.

They came to my place for demo before and twice somemore. Yes it is pricy but it is quite good. If I am not wrong, the DJ flying dutchman is using the same brand but older model for 10yrs. That mean it is quite durable.

They even spill some water on my floor and the vacummn cleaner could suck it all up. Impressive!

However, it was really expansive and we didnt get it.

hong
u had the demo b4 too? a bit scary the way the lady was telling me that she would rather use brooms than vacuum cleaners (wif bags kind). ya, it's really pricey...my hb baulked when i told him that i was interested. he says unlike me to buy into such sales tactics esp wif household stuff as i'm not one interested in such things hahah

hi all,

i owed a rainbow vacumm cleaner 3 years ago. My mom bought it for her own house 10 years go, and has never changed to a new set.
We used it to vacum the floor, carpet, bed, aircon, pillows etc....
It's really good, i will strongly recommend it as it is using water to trap the dust. Those you see in the retail malls, although also use water, but their suction is not as strong as rainbow.
The only problem is, its really heavy and noisy. :p

Hi Librian

i will like to engage Rainbow for the cleaning service @$10 per hour. Please PM me the lady contact number

Just to share, i'm using the osim one instead..think the rational behind it is the same rite ; i.e using water base instead of dustbag & it steam n sanitise at the same time...
Got it during the Osim trade in promo @ 1.2K plus

I'm also using the Rainbow Vacuum Cleaner. Agree that its heavy.

Noise level I find still bearable. Cleanliness really superb! My aunt and mum use for 10 yrs and its still workin.

I use to work in OSIM b4, so technically I'm abit familiar in this part. Water is good, as it traps all the dust into the water. Bags are not gd, bcoz after you suck in, when you wanna throw, its all over the place again.
And you know the conventional vacuum cleaner right? The back expels some heat and that is where some dust and carbon are being release into the air again thus it does not really clean your air properly.

For Rainbow wise, I use it to clean my mattresses and sofa like once a month. Those dirty particles you see in the water are actually our dry skin flakes, dust mites and dust particles as well. I dun think I will invest in another machine again as this one is really value for money. $3k use for more than 10 yrs leh! So its like $300 a year! I think its really worth it. Further more, the cleaning part is really good. I like the fact that it can clean my mattress and sofa and my kids pillow, soft toys, I'm happy enough.

Aurora, but be careful when you use the iEcologi bcoz it tends to get very hot when you on it for too long thus the motor is not able to restrain long usage. And if you hear that the motor gets louder means the power will cut off soon to prevent the machine from overheating. However, for the cleaning part, I would say its really a good machine. Bcoz b4 I left OSIM at that time, I borrowed the machine from my DEMO team and use it at my home as I just had my place renovated. It really cleans very well!

My 2 cents worth!

Hi Librian,

To be frank, I have heard of this brand but so far have not heard any comments on this product at all and previously when I as working in OSIM, the products we use for comparison is only Rainbow, Karcher and Delphine or something. (sorry, can't remember, left OSIM for almost 5 yrs already.)

As from what I know, if they have hepa filter or what, dun buy. Bcoz you gotta spend money for replacement of the hepa filter. And its not cheap.

hi mich,
i was told that dyson hepa filter just have to take out and wash every half a year.

i guess it is not water base that is why osim did include into their comparison. but according to the salesman, the air generated out is fresh air and the power suction is comparable to rainbow. best it is lighter than rainbow hm.. we are still in doubt on whether to spend the S$3k cos we already hv an igology n it is now an white elephant in my house. sigh!

Librian,

From my understanding a true hepa filter cannot be washable, as if its washable, in long term wise, the filter will not work like it 1st use to. Generally a HEPA filter helps to absorb those dirty carbon that is expelled thru the "hot air".

You can read this 2 sides, I think it gives lots of info about HEPA Filter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HEPA

http://housekeeping.about.com/od/vacuumcleaners/f/NeedaHEPA.htm

I doubt the RAINBOW will ever be a white elephant. Almost everyone that I know who uses it have nothing but praises for it. After you purchase, they will send a demo guy to your place to teach you how to use it too...

I dun deny that the weight for rainbow is heavy. How much are they selling the dyson for?

The best for you is to check around if anyone uses a dyson and ask for their opinion. You see, salesman will forever be salesman. When I was in OSIM, when I have to recommend my prodcuts, though im nt in sales at that time lah, I also have to say the machine is very good and that.

But now question is, why are you not using your iEcologi? Yes, its heavy but in terms of features wise, its a good machine. If you already have something which is not bad, why wanna invest in something else again?

I am a rainbow owner, the cloudy water from every vaccum really shows how dirty our mattress is. Really out me at ease to know that my kiddos are breathing lesser dust and can give them a better sleep. My eldest often sneeze in the middle of the night or every morning. I think it is very worth it cos very durable machine and can cut down my curtains dry cleaning cost. =)

A lady from Delphine did a demo at my place last weekend oso, was impressed with the results too but it cost $3.6k, can be paid by 24-36mths instalments. She claimed that the machine weights ard 8kg.

Thinking to get a OSIM iecologi instead if the function is the same. The price is only 1/3 compared to Delphine or rainbow.

im a rainbow user..
my mum got it like 12 yr ago and recently she brought the new model so she pass me her old model..
every time i vacum my hse i find the the water is really brown/black(cos i vacum like once every 2 week)haha..

when im young my maid will vacaum my bed every mth..u can see the water also turn brown/black.and i think once my bed got some insect bitting me for abt 1 week..i askmy maid go vacum and the water there show many small small insect..bt donno wat is tt..

so far the vacum cleaner is nt bad..only thing is quite heavy and loud for the old model. oh ya..the vacum can clean the air too also..if u add in those aroma oil den will haf those nice nice smell..
it is worth to own a rainbow if u can afford it.

ps: i don work in rainbow..
=)

I just had a delphin salesman came to my hse for demo. he told me that rainbow has filter in the machine too whereas delphine don't have so of cuz delphin will claim theirs is better lar!

however hor, i did use the $68 handheld vaccum cleaner to vaccum my mattress every time i change bedsheets (2-3x a mth) and also to suck the pillows and my big bear =) also see a lot of dust. Quite the same outcome as the delpine machine. (ahahah of cuz cannot compare lar)

But then hor, what's so good about it huh? Saying that all the dust particles will be sucked in not like normal type tt will come out from the back of the motor. Dust still come back again leh?

I did buy a iEcology before, that is a mistake. It's not so good to use.. to clean my floor spends 2hrs doing it!!!!! Cuz after cleaning have to clean the equipment -_-"

$95/mth for 3 yrs is not expensive but then add up can buy new fridge, lappie, LCD... =p

hi ...... i,m rina all the item i post recently has been sold . for now i have a delphin which only used for 3 years. left with 7 years warrenty comes with full set. very good condition. i trade in for $500 yesterday. willing to let go at $700. pls contact me at 83350964 to view.

Hi all,

i will like to engage Rainbow for the cleaning service @$10 per hour. Please PM me the lady contact number.

Anyone heard of rainbow before? I got my sofa and mattress cleaned by Sofa Steam Cleaning Singapore and the person in charge recommended me this cleaner, they claimed that it's very good, dont know true or not... but they used the machine to demo for me, quite good leh... dont know if i should buy or not...

It cost around s$3500 plus. If you frequently use it, it shd b worth it. I like it because it has the air cleaner mode and can be use daily.

Hi all,

I would also like to engage Rainbow for the cleaning service @$10 per hour. Please PM me the lady contact number. Thank you.

Jaya

hi all, i started using rainbow 1+ year ago before my 1st baby is born as we thought with a newborn we need to be extra clean. So far the machine is doing good and now our domestic helper is using it to vacuum once every week she comes.
Before baby was born last yr, hubby and I were a little lazy so we will vacuum once every week but only mop once every 2-3wks :p but even when we didnt mop, we can feel tt after vacuuming, the floor has the squeaky sound/feel.. so we were quite satisfied with it till now.
when we bought the machine frm the person who came to demo, we got a set of cooking pots as free gift. but this yr when rainbow send pple down for the annual free servicing, the person said they no longer give free pots but give cash instead..
anyway, i can try find the contact of the sales person i bought the machine from if any of you need, jus pm/email me
happy.gif

hi ...... i,m rina all the item i post recently has been sold . for now i have a delphin which only used for 3 years. left with 7 years warrenty comes with full set. very good condition. i trade in for $500 yesterday. willing to let go at $700. pls contact me at 83350964 to view.

Sorry what model is it Delphine u r selling

Back