Hole in the heart

sayangsayang

Hi Everybody ..

Im currently 22 weeks pregnant and I am only 21 years old... Husband is 23. On 6/12/2016, we went for our detailed scan at 21weeks .. They found there is something wrong with the baby heart and they diagnosed it as AVSD(atrioventricular septal defects) (hole in the heart) and thickness in the neck at 6.6mm .

They recommend me to do the amniocentesis to check whether it has got to do with chromosomes abnormalities and up till now im still thinking cause of the risk of miscarriage.. Im so devastated and very down . I don't know what to do .. Im really worry .. Im still so young and I really don't expect all this to happen .. Any mummies has the same similar situation? With or without Down syndrome.

Im really helpless

I had to take the amnio test too cos I "failed" the blood test and Oscar test. The chances of miscarriage from the test is pretty slim if the doctor is skilled and you have to lots, lots of bed rest in the days after the test

Don't worry. You're not alone. I cried buckets when I had to do the test

I gave birth to a full term, fat and healthy baby weighing 3.6kg!

I really don't know what to do for now .... What if I received bad news after the test? As im still young, I don't really know how to care for a special need baby .. And I scared I cannot give the baby the best I could

I cried alot thinking that I couldn't give her the best when she is born

For now, everything is not confirmed yet just that I think too much till future ... Im really sad that I can't stop crying .. Im not strong

Last edited:

Back