2016/07 July babies

I have a lot of questions today.

Anyone using front facing carrier? I've read about cons on front facing. But I've also seen some mums use them with no issue. Your thoughts? I find my gal is at a stage where she needs more stimulation than comfort (which I guess explains she wants less latch and doesn't enjoy the back facing baby carrier much anymore).

IKEA seems practical however I prefer to have a foot rest kind. Less straining for their little legs. And I think it's also important to consider non fabric kind. Sure messy after a meal.

@snowfern for BLW remember to get ready big floor sheet :)

Indeed time with baby is so little now we start work. Sometimes she even sleeps by 730pm.
Ehh I was just thinking about the logistics of it, but even if I put big floor sheet, I must still clean the sheet ma, then is harder to clean sheet than wipe floor right! Can anyone guide me lol

As for foot rest, I think still OK, cos i scared she jump jump then topple over worse....maybe when toddler age then I will get her a booster seat and give away the IKEA highchair....

I have a lot of questions today.

Anyone using front facing carrier? I've read about cons on front facing. But I've also seen some mums use them with no issue. Your thoughts? I find my gal is at a stage where she needs more stimulation than comfort (which I guess explains she wants less latch and doesn't enjoy the back facing baby carrier much anymore).
The issue with front facing is hip dysplasia. Baby joints not matured yet, easy to twist out of place, then older got hip and pelvic issues and cannot walk properly.

For parents also, creates poor posture resulting in chronic pain.

So they recommend back carry once bb is strong enough to sit without assistance. About 6mths and up. Which is very soon!

My MIL bought an Ikea high chair for my nephew, and now Ian is also using it. So far not much complain from him. As for my mum side, she bought a bamboo high chair, very cute and it's also about the same height as the Ikea one. Shall take a photo next time I'm back home.

@emk couldn't agree more that we don't get to have more playtime with baby now that we're back at work. The only time to play with him is when I'm carrying him back home from my MIL place. Other than that, morning when he's awake. But that's also quite short, and I'll be late for work. o_O

I don't quite agree with using the front facing carrier too. It' seems to me that the baby legs are hanging/dangling there. Unlike back facing, their legs don't quite dangling there, more support from the side view. If really want baby to face in front, a stroller will be a better choice. :p

On front-facing carrier, I agree with @sarah and @snowfern. Unlike back-facing carriers which have baby's wt distributed across bum, front ones end up with baby's entire wt on the crotch. I imagine it can get really uncomfortable after a while. If she wants to see the front, a stroller or even just the hip seat for her to sit/stand on while facing out would be better.
I also read that front-facing may not be good because when baby gets over-stimulated from too many visuals, they cannot communicate that to you nor turn away to calm themselves.

I just got biten twice on both sides of my boobs! Shooting pain went straight through my whole body! Tears just flow out :(

Told Ian cannot bite so many times but still bite. Haiz! How to prevent babies from biting?

Shall not latch these 2 days liao 真的怕了

I think with/without the shield also the same cause in the end he will still need to put his mouth in. Finger crossed that he will not bite me anytime soon, don't want any sore nips again

JTR~ yesterday went for a haircut and came back home late. Atmosphere at my MIL place a bit weird weird one, so I didn't say anything.

Hub suddenly tell me "got a bad news to tell you, don't be angry. Just now Ian fell down from the bed."

First reaction I wanted to shout, but suddenly my MIL came out from the room with my boy. So what happened is she left him on the bed while preparing for the bathe water. And suddenly there was a loud cry and she went to see and found him on the floor.

Heart pain like mad, but didn't see any orh-bak-kart and he still smiling at me when I carry him over. Whole night cannot sleep well as keep checking him whether got anything wrong anot.

Sometimes wanted to scold, but she's the main care giver now, so have to 忍下来 :(

Oh dear... but don't worry.. so long Ian din vomit it's ok.. but maybe u ask your hubby to caution your mil that now that Ian knows how to flip must be super careful.

Oh dear oh dear. I think for fall, look out for fever n vomit is it? If don't have I think it's all fine. Poor lil boy. Sayang sayang. I'm sure MIL also feels very bad.

I also have to constantly remind myself she now flips a lot like prata. Have to cushion all corners on bed even tho baby is out of sight for just a little while.

Yes they r super fast de.. Juz out of sight for a while they can flip very far.. mine still dun really know how to flip so a bit complacent now. Try not to put LO on bed. If can put in cot or mattress on the floor.

Yeah, just called back and check. Finished his milk and sleeping like a log now.

Sometimes we really take things for granted and when it happens, we can only regret and feel guilty. Just hope this is a lesson learnt and in future they will be more careful.

I also have to remind myself don't be so fast tempered. Especially in front of baby. :(

Oh no ..I think she will feel bad too. Sometimes we really need to close one eye when thing happen. Maybe your hub can remind her to be more careful next time as we really don't know what our lo going to do next, they are very fast in action.

JTR~ yesterday went for a haircut and came back home late. Atmosphere at my MIL place a bit weird weird one, so I didn't say anything.

Hub suddenly tell me "got a bad news to tell you, don't be angry. Just now Ian fell down from the bed."

First reaction I wanted to shout, but suddenly my MIL came out from the room with my boy. So what happened is she left him on the bed while preparing for the bathe water. And suddenly there was a loud cry and she went to see and found him on the floor.

Heart pain like mad, but didn't see any orh-bak-kart and he still smiling at me when I carry him over. Whole night cannot sleep well as keep checking him whether got anything wrong anot.

Sometimes wanted to scold, but she's the main care giver now, so have to 忍下来 :(

Oh no!!! I know how u feel ... happened to me b4 with no1 falling off a 9in thick mattress. Small case compared to u but oh the guilt!

My bb started flipping 2 days ago and today he did a flip again.

ImageUploadedByForum1481203286.613934.jpg
put him on back, flip to the side

ImageUploadedByForum1481203310.787942.jpg
put him on back next feed, then flip to tummy!

Thanks Mummies! Been monitoring Ian, so far so good. Just super active whenever we put him on the bed he will flip and flip.

Finally it's Friday! Don't know why, but this week is a very tiring week for me :(

Good to hear baby prince is well so far :) I can imagine the anxiety... yeah TGIF so hope everyone can get a little more rest.

And what @verluv has shared, it has been stuck in my head so I also now become more vigilant. When alone, I'll change her on the floor mat as she'll be out of sight here n there even if it's just few seconds.

Thanks to mummies whom have shared about front facing carrier. Ok I shall not be silly. Hee. Anyway yesterday for the first time let her try the big gal stroller to ifc. Meaning without the infant car seat attached. She loves it.

To keep her more entertained, tomorrow I'm getting the exersaucer and walker (keep aside this till she is more ready). The house is beginning to look like her whole playground.

Oh I remember how my no.1 loves the exersaucer..I was at a fren's hse where she has it. I put my girl in it and she was happily jumping with it. But I din buy it la.. guess little redvel will love it when u put her in!
Juz looked thru my video and my little girl was 9 mth old when I try her in it.
Dunno how to insert video here else i will upload here

@emk I meant the push walker. Don't know what's the exact name :p Push cart?

Don't like the sit-in walker because in a way baby should only walk when they are ready. I've read it's not good for their leg development plus other issues but then me and my sistas and nieces nephews all grew in it leh.

On diaper bags
I am using a large bag which I got from Qoo previously at $9.90. I just arrange all stuff within a bag organizer and I am good to go. It can be carried 3 ways - 1. double handle (like pic), 2. single long handle by extending one of the handles all the way (I do that when I am on the go but still need to search for items while hanging the other strap over shoulder) or handbag by shortening the handle with a knot so as to slip it through your wrist.

Just to give you a feel of the space within - It is huge enough to accommodate extra diapers, diaper creamclothes, wet tissue, breast pump, portable food warmer, multiple bottles, cooler bag with breast milk, nursing cover. You can throw all these in and the bag still look fabulous on the exterior but heavy like Siao. Very versatile piece made of suede material which will still make u very fashionable. Omg I am Jin Ai Swee.

View attachment 657233

For short trips, I will just lift up the bag organizer with essentials (diapers, diaper cream, extra clothes, wet tissue, maybe one bottle of expressed breast milk) And place it into the smaller bag that I want to use. I also got a cheap bag organizer from Qoo under $5. Haha! Qoo shopping queen.

On multi-vitamins

I have been taking all the leftovers from pregnancy (I.e Obimin, Sagobion iron tablets, caltrate calcium tablet). Checked with Gynae previously during the post-natal check up. She said all those prescribed drugs are safe for breastfeeding mum. Don't waste. I may continue to buy calcium supplements as I am fully breastfeeding. scared that my little one suck finish my calcium reserves And I kena osteroperosis when I am older.

On walking and exercise
I do an average of 5000-7000 steps a day during pregnancy and even until the day before I delivered! I thought it will help in my labour process but I didn't get any contractions until week 40. And my labour was a good 12 hours lor!

I pretty much got back to my pre-pregnancy shape by sweating out doing household chores. Some of which are pretty much strenuous - like wash curtains, bedsheets and steam the carpeted floor in the room. You just have endless tasks to complete. Everyday is just a battle against time.

The above rigorous exercise Plus breastfeeding makes me swallow two bowls of rice each meal. I can just eat in buffet style without worrying about that extra calorie gain. gives me motivation to breastfeed for as long as I can! Haha

Wow... you shared so useful info! :D do u still have link for the swee swee bag? Black colour so easy to match clothes, i intend to get big organiser with 7 compartment, should be can fit right LOL

Hi mummies! I have a great experience to share today! Today got a lot of milestones! I brought her out for buffet followed by a shopping expedition.

First she wanted us to carry her to walk walk ard in the restaurant. Getting curious And she knows how to look at things and seems to comprehend what we are trying to teach her.

When the restaurant staff smiled to her, she smiled back! And she has learnt how to interact and play with others. Social skills!

When we reached united square Toys R Us, she grabbed every single toy we passed her and showed interest in them. She will either kick her legs excitedly or smile! Showed her a huge teddy of about 1.2m and she wasn't scared of it because of the size. So bold!

Chiong down to watch Barney and friends that stared at 2.30pm. Daddy carried her throughout. So I grabbed her hands and taught her to wave during the sing-a-long session. She did try to wave her arms a little after that! Got musical inclination! She was watching intensely too. Happy that she can focus!

After that I felt my boobs getting very hard so I went to nursing room cos she hasn't drank for hours too. She rubbed eyes very hard and was kinda lo-koh mode. She was terribly hungry that she emptied my productive boob and half of the other. I was shocked by her appetite! Then I placed her on the nursing chair for a solo pic. I thought it was very cute so I called my mum and hubby in to see. And guess what! She laughed and smiled when she saw them! Confirm can recognize faces!

Next, last stop at mums and babes shop. They got 20% off now! Good if u wanna buy stokk items. So we shopped and I bought her a cute fairy haversack that she can probably use only when she starts walking. Too cute to resist so I bought anyhow! And when my hubby showed her a toy with live band set, she actually chuckled aloud in the shop! Long time no chuckle. So cute for that bo geh!

Then the shop assistance suddenly clapped her hands very loudly because she wanted to hit a mosquito. That loud sound gave her a shock and she started crying loudly. We carried her out of the pram to pacify her. She mellowed and we left for the door. While walking out, I went back to buy a bowl cos we are going to start solid soon. And the sale assistance came again to explain the difference. The moment she stepped near, my baby cried! I double triple confirm that she recognizes faces Liao!

Hahaha that is our detailed and long winded shopping expedition today!

@Sa_rahhhh good to know that baby Ian is okay. I have been telling my mum and hubby about your case and ask them NEVER leave baby alone!

@candymoshi 有你忙了。once flipping starts, they cry for help very often when hands or legs get stuck! And initially I was so paranoid because baby loves to sleep tummy down. I keep waking to check if she is breathing. Hahahaha.

@KWL great day for your baby. Gd to hear that she is picking up new things. *thumbs up*

Went to kiddy palace to see the pigeon promo. Nursing pad and baby wipes discount price is the same as NTUC. Only the rest can buy.

Aiyo... I got a lot of questions leh... very lost now...
Baby Erin vomited like a merlion this morning. Scare me badly cause now she always very easy spit out milk and these few days started to cry badly before she can fall asleep. Is this normal? Cos it lead to a lot of wind in her tummy. Then when put her to sleep, she keep turning her head and want to suck suck. Is this means she hungry? Today I let her suck cos maybe she hungry then she spit out milk and cry and dun want suck suck. I am lost ler...

Then her body got a lot of 一粒一粒lump but not red one. Dunno what to do also. My MIL say is normal. Should I bring her see dr?

Today let her do tummy time for 1 min. How long should I let her do?

Then now her mouth and tongue keep on moving like want to eat but when nurse her she keep rejecting and crying. Then she keep on want to eat her hand. What does it means?

Wow... you shared so useful info! :D do u still have link for the swee swee bag? Black colour so easy to match clothes, i intend to get big organiser with 7 compartment, should be can fit right LOL

I went to find. No longer selling leh!
It was $9.90 with free shipping. Available in red, black, navy, green, white. But now no more! Sorry

IMG_2207.JPG

@KWL great day for your baby. Gd to hear that she is picking up new things. *thumbs up*

Went to kiddy palace to see the pigeon promo. Nursing pad and baby wipes discount price is the same as NTUC. Only the rest can buy.

Baby Erin vomited like a merlion this morning. Scare me badly cause now she always very easy spit out milk and these few days started to cry badly before she can fall asleep. Is this normal? Cos it lead to a lot of wind in her tummy. Then her body got a lot of 一粒一粒lump but not red one. Dunno what to do also. My MIL say is normal. Today let her do tummy time for 1 min. How long should I let her do?

Crying badly before sleeping - yes I got that during second month. It will be better later on.

Tummy time : I am the sort that doesn't force little one to do things when she not ready. My advice is don't look at the time. But look at her readiness. If she cannot sustain, then no point rushing into it. I never do much tummy time until she was 3mth+. Her neck was still unstable and doctor says need check and review at 4th month. It was then I intensify tummy time and she got a strong control by 3.5mths thereabout.

On spitting, gassiness and lumps: i am not sure. Wait for the rest to comment. But my little one had a very bad flare on the face during second month. Took her about 1mth to become smooth and clear again.

Baby Erin vomited like a merlion this morning. Scare me badly cause now she always very easy spit out milk and these few days started to cry badly before she can fall asleep. Is this normal? Cos it lead to a lot of wind in her tummy. Then when put her to sleep, she keep turning her head and want to suck suck. Is this means she hungry? Today I let her suck cos maybe she hungry then she spit out milk and cry and dun want suck suck. I am lost ler...

Then her body got a lot of 一粒一粒lump but not red one. Dunno what to do also. My MIL say is normal. Should I bring her see dr?

Then now her mouth and tongue keep on moving like want to eat but when nurse her she keep rejecting and crying. Then she keep on want to eat her hand. What does it means?

Tummy time : I didn't start early as i scared their neck is fragile. Can't remember when I started though. For me I take her cue. Once she cries or looks frustrated, I pick her up to sayang already. Just give her few short burst of tummy time throughout the day is good. Even though now she is all stable and can flip, she also doesn't really enjoy lying on tummy.

Not very sure on those others you raised up. Hope other mummies can help.

Recently my gal also cried and like wanna nurse but when I offered my boob, she got so unhappy and cried louder. Then carried her up and she tried to rip both her ears while crying. Soothed her down by letting her see outside at balcony (can see traffic and lots of lights since at night). Sometimes I think babies also like to 耍脾气。

Last edited:
Mine will cry before she sleeps too.. mine will not sleep on her own. Need to carry her and pay her before she can fall asleep.
Every night i will nurse her to sleep. I know it's not good but I really can't care much Liao. Once a while she will cry and refuse to be latched and Juz want to be carried to sleep.
I think I can more or less differentiate the crying before her sleep and her crying for milk.
As for the rashes, there r many types. If you r really concerned maybe you can bring your LO to see a pd. Or maybe you can share with us the pic and hopefully some experience mummies here will be able to comment on it.

Yes yes talking abt recognizing people.. think mine is able to recognize people and hse. Sometimes when I bring her to my mum or in law's place, she will keep looking around and if we were to step away she will start crying.
There was once when I brought her to my in law place and my father in law tries to call her and wanted to carry her, then she gives a sulky face and started crying.
On toys, she still doesn't show much interest. But I noticed that she is always looking at us when we were eating near her. I think this is a cue that she is ready for food. But still I will wait for a 2 more weeks before intro her food. My mil keeps saying my bm not nutritious and it's time to give her solid else she will be 小小只. I juz smile to my mil and nodded my head but I know I'm juz giving my girl the best...

Many thanks to mummies for yr replies.

@KWL and @verluv I see... hopefully this can go off soon. Just started this week to cry before she sleep. Suddenly one and I scare is colic. Ya! Need to carry her to sleep one. But I try not to latch her to get her sleep cos scare later she get use to it then wonder how her dad going to put her to bed.

Tummy time - I see. Ya, I should look at her cues. My MIL wanted longer but I scare lah... cos like so fragile.

@redvel same loh... I offer boobs she dun want then carry her and bring her near the window to see outside then she calm down.

@verluv aiyo, I guess u only intro solid food once ready bah. Small size okay mah, as long as baby is healthy and well can ler. Too big also no gd. My fren baby now 8 mths and she is already a Michelin loh. Baby still needs to drink BM one mah.. yr MIL kan chiong lah... want yr baby to have a lot of nutrients.

@verluv my baby weight is also slipping. From previous 75th percentile to 50th percentile.

Fortunately nobody says my BM not nutritious enough. My grandma has ever asked me to use fm. So I asked her what is the reason for that recommendation? I queried if she was worried abt the volume? Before she could answer, I told her volume is not an issue otherwise I wouldn't be able to stock up in freezer.

Last edited:
I'm lying in the dark next to her cot listening to bubbles suck on her fingers. Have to jaga her in case of reflux since she just unlatched not long ago for a 45min session.

Has been a looooong day for us both. Went to Nex for lunch play date with watsapp mummies, and mid way she started getting welts on her lips and chin. I didn't think too much about it as her drooling has been a little out of control lately. Then she started fussing. The moment we reached Isetan's nursing room, she had welts on her cheeks and forearms.

She refused to latch properly and started rubbing her eyes, so I quickly changed her diapers and started asking the watsapp grp mummies for PD recommendations around the area since her PD was closed for the day. Wound up at the kid's clinic at compassone.

By then her whole face and eyes were covered with angry hives, and she had gotten so tired and upset from rubbing she fell asleep. We were seen by the PD rather quickly despite the long queue, she looked that bad.

Couldn't figure out the trigger. Couldn't be my lunch, as it would take 2-3 hrs to pass it on to her. Not breakfast either, since I had the same thing the previous day. Probably contact, as it was only on her face and exposed areas of her arms. Hubby thinks it might be the air freshener at the restaurant.

Prescribed oral and cream antihistamines. Quickly administered the oral via syringe, of which maybe 80% wound up in the tissue paper. Champion spitter this one. The only area I applied the cream on was the last to subside. Cleaned it off as soon as we got home and she was back to normal within the hour.

OK looks like she can't sleep. Past her usual waking time of 6am anyway. To give her credit, she's tried for 20 mins already haha.

Where is the lumps of her body located? On specific locations such as armpit/groin/neck areas could be swollen lymph nodes. If located at these areas could be she is fighting infection/virus although she might looked well.

Where is the lumps of her body located? On specific locations such as armpit/groin/neck areas could be swollen lymph nodes. If located at these areas could be she is fighting infection/virus although she might looked well.

ImageUploadedByForum1481349861.435278.jpg

Her body. Not sure can see the small small lumps anot. Is the whole front body.

@verluv my baby weight is also slipping. From previous 75th percentile to 50th percentile.

Fortunately nobody says my BM not nutritious enough. My grandma has ever asked me to use fm. So I asked her what is the reason for that recommendation? I queried if she was worried abt the volume? Before she could answer, I told her volume is not an issue otherwise I wouldn't be able to stock up in freezer.

Wow kwl your BB is a Michelin BB and of Coz no one will say she is malnutrition. She is soooo cute

Reactions: KWL
Can share where u all get cheap and nice cotton dresses? I don't want those that are thick and structured. I want comfy style. Thanks in advance!

Tummy time : I didn't start early as i scared their neck is fragile. Can't remember when I started though. For me I take her cue. Once she cries or looks frustrated, I pick her up to sayang already. Just give her few short burst of tummy time throughout the day is good. Even though now she is all stable and can flip, she also doesn't really enjoy lying on tummy.

Not very sure on those others you raised up. Hope other mummies can help.

Recently my gal also cried and like wanna nurse but when I offered my boob, she got so unhappy and cried louder. Then carried her up and she tried to rip both her ears while crying. Soothed her down by letting her see outside at balcony (can see traffic and lots of lights since at night). Sometimes I think babies also like to 耍脾气。

Scratching of ears can be indication of teething. Plus sucking of thumb/chewing of fist. So not necessary want milk, now I go by timing so wun over feed.

My bb seems to be teething, mild fever for a few days, HB says he can feel hard parts in the upper gum. Scratching of ears + sucking thumb (suck thumb is self soothing for him, not really a teething symptom)

Are these teething symptoms?

- pulling clothes to eat
- always stuffing both hands into mouth
- scratch ears (yes!) but that happens when she is tired and want to sleep
- bite and pull mama's nipples (recently lesser!)
- eat legs (haha!)

Same, all except eat legs cos she cannot reach XD

She also bites a lot on her teethers and enjoys toothbrush time..drooling is also out of hand lately.

Reactions: KWL

Back