Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Hi all, can I check if yr bbs r given bcg on arm or butt for those who delivered in kkh? I was told I have to sign a form in order to let my twins be given bcg jab at backside. This is so ridiculous!! My eldest was given the jab at butt once at birth. But he was delivered in Mt A.

Hello. My twins was jab on arm yesterday for bcg in kkh. Did u just delivered at kkh also?

Yes, for my twins as they r pre term and now coming up to 35 wks soon so they are asking us to sign a form to let them take the jab at butt. I dont understand why we need to do that except for the risk of infection...
Ehhhh....why you don't let them jab at the arm?

Cos why parents want to jab at the butt cos they don't want to see the BCG mark on the arm (more of cosmetic), if you jab at the butt (it's a wound, ultimately). They fear of infection when poo gets into the wound and especially when they are pre-term, so naturally, the hospital doesn't want to bear the consequence.

Cos why parents want to jab at the butt cos they don't want to see the BCG mark on the arm (more of cosmetic), if you jab at the butt (it's a wound, ultimately).

Oh...I was wondering y kkh jab bcg at d arm instead of butt also n y never gimme the option to choose ...Cos my friend told me all bbs will jab butt liao...

I personally find tt if I hv a boy of cos I don't mind jabbing arm la but if gal n some really leave very big bcg scar how to wear sleeveless tops wor...but on other hand also need to consider infection (as mentioned by towkayneo)....dilemma sia...

My concern was becs my twins are pre term bbs, will jabbing their arm or butt hurt more? Since butt more fleshy and private hospitals all jab newborns at butt, I see no reason why kkh is so special to want parents to declare that in the event of infection, we have to bear the consequences...

Hmm...think as is gov hospital therefore need to safe guard their interest bah...

Mine late preemies...n jab arms for bcg ..not sure is it painful for bub but anyway any jab/draw blood also cried lor...

More jabs to come (jab thighs) just tt it don't leave scar for the rest of d jab..

I decided to go along with kkh to jab in arms. Because I dont want anything to happen to my bbs again. Now I just hope they reach gestation wk 35 gain 2kg weight and go home soon. I havent even carry them yet since they were born and next wk is their full month already

Understand where u coming from..jiayou mummy ! very soon ur bubs will get to go home de...

They will go home very soon!

No wonder no sound no picture from you! Are you ok now?

Yup better but not fully recovered. My voice so hoarse n I wear mask so many days. My babies don't recognise me anymore le. I can't get close to them also.
They happily bonding with my helper. Sad.

Take care Bunny33...

Towkayneo - think year end every body either out country holis ,or busy runnin after older kiddos ( school holis) ....

I hv a question although regarding weaning ...ha...

Have been feeding brown rice cereal to my bub for more than a month n I decided to intro new food....I gave him avocado mashed w fm..he tasted a few mouth den he gag n merlion....

Is it too fast to intro food like avocado which hv acquired taste ? how long should I wait till I try again cos I really would like him to eat tt cos of d good fats n nutritional value...

Yup better but not fully recovered. My voice so hoarse n I wear mask so many days. My babies don't recognise me anymore le. I can't get close to them also.
They happily bonding with my helper. Sad.
Wa, Sians! Lotsa catching up after you recover!

Take care Bunny33...

Towkayneo - think year end every body either out country holis ,or busy runnin after older kiddos ( school holis) ....

Have been feeding brown rice cereal to my bub for more than a month n I decided to intro new food....I gave him avocado mashed w fm..he tasted a few mouth den he gag n merlion....

Is it too fast to intro food like avocado which hv acquired taste ? how long should I wait till I try again cos I really would like him to eat tt cos of d good fats n nutritional value...

How old is ur lo? U can add in bm into the avocado. If today he reject u can always try again next week or u can serve mashed sweet potato or potato or banana or apple

Take care Bunny33...

Actually it's never too early or late to feed fruits or veggie so long as it must be prepared according to their age (puréed, mashed etc). He gagged cos he may not be used to the texture. Is the avocado well-mashed? Cos it can be difficult to swallow if it's not mashed smoothly (tiny bits of avocado trapped at the throat entrance). Try blending?

If he doesn't fancy avocado now, don't force him on the spot. Try again tomorrow or a few days later? If really cannot, try blended avocado w a bit of water instead of FM?

Hi hi anybody got lobang for engorgement massage? My girl managed to clear the lumps in the boobs but I have a few hard lumps stuck under my arms.

Hi Everyone, I have pop mid of last month. After such a long wait and so many struggles, we are blessed with a healthy baby.

By the way thank you to all those mummy that has help and generously advice and shares tips.
Grateful for this platform and those people I have met here.

I am thinking of returning red eggs to the zsnn. Wonder where I can order the red eggs ? Anyone has any contacts ?

Hi Everyone, I have pop mid of last month. After such a long wait and so many struggles, we are blessed with a healthy baby.

By the way thank you to all those mummy that has help and generously advice and shares tips.

I am thinking of returning red eggs to the zsnn. Wonder where I can order the red eggs ? Anyone has any contacts ?

Those full month confectionary shop do red eggs too. Neo garden if u cater buffet from them they also have red eggs.

For my #1 I returned 100 eggs to zsnn, I DIY - my CL n helper hard boiled the eggs, n dipped them in red dye.

my bb boy also pre term n the jab is done at the butt. was done at tmc

Jts: Same note.. jalan kayu got one shop wholesale supply= egg. Cheap and good...
Hi Phantom, thanks for the info. I am more worried that the colour is not enough

Hi Towkayneo, I will ask helper to help. But only me and helper. The two side parents not available to help. Lol hopefully I don't need to do till late night lol.
heh heh, ask your helper / MIL / mother, they will sure oblige cos dying red eggs is kinda tedious :p

Hi Phantom, thanks for the info. I am more worried that the colour is not enough

Hi Towkayneo, I will ask helper to help. But only me and helper. The two side parents not available to help. Lol hopefully I don't need to do till late night lol.

If busy with baby and other chores I suggest to just spend abit to buy and not tire yourself. Cos the big day many things to prepare even more tiring.

Hi hi anybody got lobang for engorgement massage? My girl managed to clear the lumps in the boobs but I have a few hard lumps stuck under my arms.
Managed to find someone to massage already? I think Dawn got one lady who does that and I have the contact of my doula who can do that too.

Take care Bunny33...

My son is keeping me mad busy after work. He's so active now and I'm an old mummy. Think I must start becoming more active myself.

My son gagged when we gave him avocado as well. Bahaha. I don't understand cos it doesn't taste bad, right! He prefers broccoli but unfortunately broccoli gave him a bad diaper rash.

So far he's ok with apples, pears and carrots. Gave him spinach yesterday and he prefers it to be mixed with cerelac.

My son is keeping me mad busy after work. He's so active now and I'm an old mummy. Think I must start becoming more active myself.

My son gagged when we gave him avocado as well. Bahaha. I don't understand cos it doesn't taste bad, right! He prefers broccoli but unfortunately broccoli gave him a bad diaper rash.

So far he's ok with apples, pears and carrots. Gave him spinach yesterday and he prefers it to be mixed with cerelac.
ehhh..how come broccoli gave him a bad diaper rash?

Wa, time flies, from getting a BFP to morning sickness to going for the important scans to the last few weeks to delivery and now, the kiddos are getting a taste of solid food!

Not sure why but that had to be the culprit cos he got it at night when he ate it in the afternoon.

It does fly righttttttttttt! I can't believe my son is going to be 7months soon. Where did all those time go?

Managed to find someone to massage already? I think Dawn got one lady who does that and I have the contact of my doula who can do that too.

Thanks babe I think no need already, think coz my girl appetite still small, so couldn't clear my boobs, so I added a couple of pumping sessions in between the latchings, n the lumps shrank significantly. Hopefully they don't come back!

Not sure why but that had to be the culprit cos he got it at night when he ate it in the afternoon.

It does fly righttttttttttt! I can't believe my son is going to be 7months soon. Where did all those time go?
we will never know where the time go cos we are all in zombie mode :/

Thanks babe I think no need already, think coz my girl appetite still small, so couldn't clear my boobs, so I added a couple of pumping sessions in between the latchings, n the lumps shrank significantly. Hopefully they don't come back!
keep squeezing the lump while pumping; you'll be surprised to see milk squirting everywhere. but it's damn "sng" for the hand #MyPoorHand

I totally agree that time flies! It really didn't feel that long ago when I was staring at the photo of my slow growing embbies after my ET w much sadness n resignation, 10 cells n 13 cells on day 4, I was so so sure it was a gone cycle. N now my sweetie is snoozing in my arms, the miracle of life is really so amazing. N sometimes when I'm latching her I like to look at the photos of my +ve hpts, just "reminiscing" abt those early days, so many fears but so full of promises too.

Love how this forum is filled with hope and baby joy:) Reading these really motivates ladies (like myself) who are still trying to conceive via IVF/IUI. Will be doing my first IVF in Feb after failed IUI in Aug this year, hopefully wont have to wait too long to join the IVF mummies forum.

Thank you ladies for the sharing of your bundle of joy! It shows us struggling that there will be light behind the tunnel, someday!

Love how this forum is filled with hope and baby joy:) Reading these really motivates ladies (like myself) who are still trying to conceive via IVF/IUI. Will be doing my first IVF in Feb after failed IUI in Aug this year, hopefully wont have to wait too long to join the IVF mummies forum.

Thank you ladies for the sharing of your bundle of joy! It shows us struggling that there will be light behind the tunnel, someday!

Jia you babe! Hope to hear good news from u very soon!

U try this http://singaporemochi.com/varieties-of-kuehs/

I order their eggs & the rice for my son full month. Nice n cheap. -point is the delivery time.

How old is ur lo? U can add in bm into the avocado. If today he reject u can always try again next week or u can serve mashed sweet potato or potato or banana or apple

He is 7.5 mo n getting to b very cheeky+nottie ..haha...thanks for d tips . ..gg try again next week..mean x still stuck w rice cereal transit to brown rice cereal...

Try blending?
If he doesn't fancy avocado now, don't force him on the spot. Try again tomorrow or a few days later? If really cannot, try blended avocado w a bit of water instead of FM?

Yup I think I never mashed properly n am being ambitious to give him so much at 1st attempt...thanks will try out ur tips . ..

Ur boy take plain rice cerelac or brown rice cerelac tt come w milk inside ?

As I try d rice cerelac ..he is okay w it...n later i try switching to brown rice kinda, LO give me the i-am-gg-gag face again *arghh**

He is 7.5 mo n getting to b very cheeky+nottie ..haha...thanks for d tips . ..gg try again next week..mean x still stuck w rice cereal transit to brown rice cereal...

I never really give cereal to my boy after he turn 6 mths. Rice cereal contains high sugar level which doesn seems good. I remember i only give those fruits n vege like sweet potato, apple, papaya, banana, potato, avocado. Around 8-9 mths i started to give him those teething food which i make myself. N follow by cooking porridge for him i never give cereal at all.

Yup I think I never mashed properly n am being ambitious to give him so much at 1st attempt...thanks will try out ur tips . ..

As I try d rice cerelac ..he is okay w it...n later i try switching to brown rice kinda, LO give me the i-am-gg-gag face again *arghh**

Yup...I am concern rice cereal contains sugar tt y I try to change to brown rice cereal....

But I think cos brown rice cereal is quite bland n I don't wish to hv a picky eater next x so I must try to feed more favorful soon lo..at d same x I scare he will b constipated on d selection of food I feed him...

@snow19 -- May I know the snack/teething food u make urself is ? would love to make some healthy snack for him too...

Yup...I am concern rice cereal contains sugar tt y I try to change to brown rice cereal....

But I think cos brown rice cereal is quite bland n I don't wish to hv a picky eater next x so I must try to feed more favorful soon lo..at d same x I scare he will b constipated on d selection of food I feed him...

@snow19 -- May I know the snack/teething food u make urself is ? would love to make some healthy snack for him too...

Brown rice is heaty i ever give my boy but he end up constipation so i stop giving. I bought the si shen powder frm EYS some more n add in to the brown rice porridge but my boy dun like. U can try join the healthy food for my baby group in the facebook. I remember one of the teething snack is using the rice go blend n add in flour n bring it to bake. Let me go find the recipe n let u know again

Mine is the rice one. But I mix with other things. I use cerelac or fm or those biscuits to mix with certain veges he doesn't like. :p Now his fav is potato, carrot and spinach + pear/apple, carrot and spinach.

Actually Happy Times brown rice cereal is v nice, v fragrant.

Mine is the rice one. But I mix with other things. I use cerelac or fm or those biscuits to mix with certain veges he doesn't like. :p Now his fav is potato, carrot and spinach + pear/apple, carrot and spinach.

Oh ic..shall do tat !

But now I only process to feed bfast (w brown rice) gg on to lunch as I find myself struggling to daily do d puree of bb food...cos I be cutting veg/fruits n my boy will be fussing in his playpen/highchair...

And by the time his food is ready (usually take more then 30 mins prep esp for lunch) he will be so hungry I would hv fed his bott of milk so he will stop fussing...