IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi, got a question regarding embryo transfer process.
For KKH they will lay out the embryos for identification then leave it there during the transfer.
So if our transfer is difficult, say longer than 5 -10 mins the embryos jus get left on the Petri dish right?
Just wondering if anyone recalls if they place the outer catheter into the cervix and womb then suck up the embryos in another inner catheter for shooting in, or do they alrdy suck up fr the beginning then try to struggle to put in
Both, but only shooting it after well placed.

I had a longer than usual transfer both cycles due to tight cervix and I thk I recall the embryos were sucked into the catheter from the start and Dr Tan was struggling w inserting the catheter (with the embryos alrdy inside) for the 10 mins.

Ladies any idea what's the procedure locally as I checked online it's supposed to only suck up the embryos w another tube after the outer tube is alrdy nicely in place.

I had a tight cervix too. Also Dr Tan at KKH. Took some time too. And got a BFP. Tho I lost it in the end but still good reference. If the embryo can make it, it will make it. Relax and jiayou!

Anyone can advise what's the recommend daily dosage of ubiquinol to take?

Almondearie,
U are preparing for FET right ?
Unless u r preparing for fresh cycle, ubiquinol can help improve egg quality, then we will require to take large dosages for a good few months prior to our stims. I took btw 600mg-800mg / day while preparing for my last fresh cycle. Now i m preparing for FET, so am just taking 200mg/day for daily maintenance. Infact during my first FET, i stopped uniquinone during fet and got a bfp.

Almondearie,
U are preparing for FET right ?
Unless u r preparing for fresh cycle, ubiquinol can help improve egg quality, then we will require to take large dosages for a good few months prior to our stims. I took btw 600mg-800mg / day while preparing for my last fresh cycle. Now i m preparing for FET, so am just taking 200mg/day for daily maintenance. Infact during my first FET, i stopped uniquinone during fet and got a bfp.

Hee hee... I was thinking of preparing ahead. Means in case I fail this upcoming FET (choy choy choy), i wanna maintain my egg quality for my 2nd fresh if required. Cos I read need 3 to 6 months for ubiquinol to work wor...

So FET shd not take ubiquinol?

Hee hee... I was thinking of preparing ahead. Means in case I fail this upcoming FET (choy choy choy), i wanna maintain my egg quality for my 2nd fresh if required. Cos I read need 3 to 6 months for ubiquinol to work wor...

So FET shd not take ubiquinol?

Aiya... Positive vibes la. Next FET ur embbies will stick on u.

For FET we are just concentrating on growing our endo lining. If u want to take also harmless but just low dose. For me i find that i that i am more energetic after consuming ubiquinol while ubiquinone has got no impact on me :(

Yes. I took large dose of uniquinol for 2.5months before my last fresh cycle and the outcome was much better than my miserable 2nd fresh cycle where i had only one average quality blastocyst out of 30follicles extracted. But my dr also changed the stim protocol too so maybe the change of stim jabs and also ubiquinol helped.

For FET we are just concentrating on growing our endo lining. If u want to take also harmless but just low dose. For me i find that i that i am more energetic after consuming ubiquinol while ubiquinone has got no impact on me :(

Yes. I took large dose of uniquinol for 2.5months before my last fresh cycle and the outcome was much better than my miserable 2nd fresh cycle where i had only one average quality blastocyst out of 30follicles extracted. But my dr also changed the stim protocol too so maybe the change of stim jabs and also ubiquinol helped.

Hi daylesford, I started Ubiquinol (300mg) early or mid-Oct only... going for ER mid-Dec, am I too late? :(

Wish I had found out about this months ago. Now I take 300mg per day only.

Hi hi I wonder if you all gain any weight starting IVF? I keep reading that we tend to gain weight... if yes, how many kg? Thank you so much!

I do gained some weight during both my 2 IVF cycles. Puffy face..bloated tummy.. its all probably due to the medication/Jabs.
I didnt weight myself tho.

Hi Ladies..
Anyone been to TCM NUH for Fertility Acupuncture ?
Any Dr. recommendation? or wanna share experience.?
I'm heading there on sat.
Unfortunately my 1st & 2nd IVF cycle with KKH failed . =(
So Thinking of transferring to NUH and also doing acupuncture along with my 3rd IVF cycle.

Hi, is the COQ10 bought locally the same as Ubiquinol? But I tend to see they are in 50/100mg. To reach that high concentration, do you all take many tablets? Or pls advice which brand and where to get the Ubiquinol of that concentration to prep for a fresh cycle. I'm doing my first fresh cycle in Feb, hopefully that is not too late. For the past two months, I've been taking 100mg of local COQ10 bought from GNC.

Hi, is the COQ10 bought locally the same as Ubiquinol? But I tend to see they are in 50/100mg. To reach that high concentration, do you all take many tablets? Or pls advice which brand and where to get the Ubiquinol of that concentration to prep for a fresh cycle. I'm doing my first fresh cycle in Feb, hopefully that is not too late. For the past two months, I've been taking 100mg of local COQ10 bought from GNC.

I bought the healthy origins ubiquinol from iherb. They come in 100mg-300mg/tablet.

Ubiquinone is more common and widely known because it is the form most commonly sold commercially in Singapore. Ubiquinone is the completely oxidized form of CoQ10. When taken, this supplement needs to be metabolized within our bodies where it becomes Ubiquinol.

While Ubiquinol is the antioxidant form of CoQ10. When purchasing CoQ10, if the bottle doesn't mention which form it is, Ubiquinone or Ubiquinol, it is usually Ubiquinone as this is the cheaper of the two forms.

Just a word of caution on the side effects of coq10 especially when it is taken in large quantities. So pls consult ur drs if you have any pre-existing conditions which may aggravate/trigger any side effects.

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone done a long protocol with menopur injections at SGH- CARE before? Can you please kindly share with me how often will we be expected to go for scans and do they often give puregon after menopur?
I've only tried the short protocol so was wondering if someone can share their experience with me. Thanks so much in advance!

Last edited:
Hi Sis, where was yr transfer done? I don't mean the other embryos but just the 2 for transfer was already laid out for identification on the screen before the catheter insertion begins.
My transfer took 5-10 mins but hopefully that's fine. No point worrying too since it's over already.

Just had my transfer a few days ago. The doc will insert the speculum to keep the cervix open 1st. Only when it's in place then he calls for the embryologist to place the embryos meant for the transfer on the petri dish. I have never seen the other embryos in the petri dish. only after checking the number of embryos meant for transfer then the proceed to transfer. Very fast after tt.
i mount

Anyone had take a jab during the medicated FET? This was the worst jab of my life..so painful..nurse did it at NUH on buttock..hopefully i succeed on the FET..but she say after ET also have support jabs n will be painful too..
Also can i ask for FET at NUH is it a day 4 trf since they thaw the day before & see if survives?

Anyone had take a jab during the medicated FET? This was the worst jab of my life..so painful..nurse did it at NUH on buttock..hopefully i succeed on the FET..but she say after ET also have support jabs n will be painful too..
Also can i ask for FET at NUH is it a day 4 trf since they thaw the day before & see if survives?
is it true that support jabs are painful?

It could be the Proluton jab and they are painful as its oil based progesterone. But once u BFP, all these pain are well worth.

Goos luck on ur FET.

If proluton jab, yes its painful. But not to the extreme & bearable. I need to rest on the bed for 1 or 2 mins after the jab.. Lol.. The pain will subside for awhile. But the effect will come again the next day such as sore & last me for about 3days. I have a difficulty in sleeping too. Such as if the jab is on the left side of the butt, I cant really sleep on the left side for too long.

It could be the Proluton jab and they are painful as its oil based progesterone. But once u BFP, all these pain are well worth.

Goos luck on ur FET.

The jab i took yesterday was triptorelin CR..next time ill tell them i need to grab something like the chair or lie on my side..
Yes true if BFP will be worth it..have to brace myself for these in jan..im going to be seeing dr chew only on 13th Jan once he's back from his leave to scan me.

After BFP, was told to go for proluton jab for twice a week for 2 months. I believe this is to (extra) support your pregnancy.

Well... I guess it's something to rejoice over because this means it's a BFP! I was going to say that I wish I don't have to take this jab but now I WANT THIS JAB! :D

If proluton jab, yes its painful. But not to the extreme & bearable. I need to rest on the bed for 1 or 2 mins after the jab.. Lol.. The pain will subside for awhile. But the effect will come again the next day such as sore & last me for about 3days. I have a difficulty in sleeping too. Such as if the jab is on the left side of the butt, I cant really sleep on the left side for too long.
so e needle pierce in is not like e normal stimulation injection jab feeling?

Having my ER tomorrow and feeling excited / nervous right now. My last scan showed 2 follies on the right ovary (21mm) and about 6 on the left but all small except for one 15mm. However, left ovary is too high so Dr might not retrieve from there. So essentially I have only 2 follies to hope for... praying hard and hoping for the best.

Having my ER tomorrow and feeling excited / nervous right now. My last scan showed 2 follies on the right ovary (21mm) and about 6 on the left but all small except for one 15mm. However, left ovary is too high so Dr might not retrieve from there. So essentially I have only 2 follies to hope for... praying hard and hoping for the best.
Good luck and be positive!!! =)

It's the progesterone oil jab right? Yup, it's painful. I had mine before my FET and had to take every 3 days after that.
I just take it that anything that gives support = good for me.
My Dr was pretty kiasu cos she gave me the support jabs and crinone after FET and then after BFP I changed to Duphaston and Progynova all the way till end of first trimester. Felt safer and was pretty scared when I went off Duphaston and Progynova.

Goodluck to ur er tml! I jus receive kkh reminder sms.. tues bt

All the best & stay positive!!

Best of luck, wishing you a smooth and painless retrieval :)

It's the progesterone oil jab right? Yup, it's painful. I had mine before my FET and had to take every 3 days after that.
I just take it that anything that gives support = good for me.
My Dr was pretty kiasu cos she gave me the support jabs and crinone after FET and then after BFP I changed to Duphaston and Progynova all the way till end of first trimester. Felt safer and was pretty scared when I went off Duphaston and Progynova.

Im still on my medicated fet so i had to take this jab yesterday n continue mercilon then stop & menses shud report. cd1-3 of menses do hormones test..
After tat ive to start progynova..
Medicated is like 2 cycles n mid of 2nd cycle do trf..i had my polyp removed yday n dr chew did another endo scratch for me..

Babe you need 1 to strike..n this could be the one for you.All the best & think positive!

Hi Sis, where was yr transfer done? I don't mean the other embryos but just the 2 for transfer was already laid out for identification on the screen before the catheter insertion begins.
My transfer took 5-10 mins but hopefully that's fine. No point worrying too since it's over already.

i mount

at kkh. i think transfer taking 5-10minute should be an ok duration. dont worry too much. just relax now and hope for the best =)

All the best! :)

Im still on my medicated fet so i had to take this jab yesterday n continue mercilon then stop & menses shud report. cd1-3 of menses do hormones test..
After tat ive to start progynova..
Medicated is like 2 cycles n mid of 2nd cycle do trf..i had my polyp removed yday n dr chew did another endo scratch for me..

Wedelia, all the best for your FET. Endo scratch for each round? Is this procedure very painful?

Wedelia, all the best for your FET. Endo scratch for each round? Is this procedure very painful?

1st x i did it was fine for me.yday was under GA as i had to get a polyp removed..so dr chew did the endo scratch together..the 1st one i did went to waste as i didnt have a trf..so now in preparation for fet he just did again..

Back