IVF for Dec/Jan Cycle

Panffy

Hi hi,

I hv realized that there is not Dec/Jan Cycle thread yet, I am planning to start my journey this month and hopefully I am able to find more would be mummies in this thread as well.
I am 37 this year and had MC two months ago at 9 weeks, did Hsg test and found with a blocked left tube. Currently with Dr SF Loh and he suggested IVF to increase the chance on conceiving.
Baby dust to everyone

Hi! I am actually Nov/Dec but there's no thread for it so I'm here!

I'm in the midst of stimming, results not promising as my last scan showed 2 follicles only :( praying hard that these two can make it.

I'm having my IVF at NUH. When are you starting stim?

Hi! I am actually Nov/Dec but there's no thread for it so I'm here!

I'm in the midst of stimming, results not promising as my last scan showed 2 follicles only :( praying hard that these two can make it.

I'm having my IVF at NUH. When are you starting stim?

Hello! I am with Dr Loh at TMC.... hugs, praying hard that those are excellent grade eggs :))

Hi all, I am gonna start my ivf in Dec too... once my menses come in mid dec, I will start my first injection...

Thanks! When are you starting the oral meds? :)

Oral med? I am not too sure, I will be seeing Dr Loh tomorrow since it seems like my period is coming tonight (spotting since Friday), and will check with him what will be the next step.... honestly I dont really hv much clue on the process and it seems like many ladies have different meds and injections according to different conditions? Feeling abit apprehensive too cos Dr didnt explain much even though I know he is v experienced and he gave me lots of assurance when I was pregnant and MC-ed.

Thinking maybe we can share more in this thread :)

Hi hi, where will you be doing it? Hope we all can share our experiences here in this thread :))
Hmm... I can't cfm since it all depends in the date my menses report. Once it reports, I will start the scanning and injection.

Oral med? I am not too sure, I will be seeing Dr Loh tomorrow since it seems like my period is coming tonight (spotting since Friday), and will check with him what will be the next step.... honestly I dont really hv much clue on the process and it seems like many ladies have different meds and injections according to different conditions? Feeling abit apprehensive too cos Dr didnt explain much even though I know he is v experienced and he gave me lots of assurance when I was pregnant and MC-ed.

Thinking maybe we can share more in this thread :)

I did mine last month but failed, under dr loh. Let me know if u have any queries that I can help. I will be doing FET in jan.

I did mine last month but failed, under dr loh. Let me know if u have any queries that I can help. I will be doing FET in jan.

Hi hi kk82, thank you so much! That would be so helpful for me... I was with him when I first found out that I was pregnant and till I had my MC, I took the med to clean up and returned to him a week later for check up to see if everything had been expelled. A month later, I went to see him again to check for my lining and also to discuss on the possibility of IUI, he made me do the Hsg test and we found out that I had a blocked tube and he advised us to go for IVF.

I didnt do any other tests and he didnt say if there is any other abnormality in my uterus, just told us to go back to him on the first day of period, so its kinda of vague...

Sorry its so long winded, if you dont mind may I know if I need to take jabs at clinic everyday or I do it at home myself? Do I need to scan everyday? Are there any questions that I need to ask him, in case he forgets to tell me? Last of all, may I know the cost of your treatment? Dr Loh told me its 14k plus but thinking if I may be more or less...

Once again thank you so much!

Hi hi kk82, thank you so much! That would be so helpful for me... I was with him when I first found out that I was pregnant and till I had my MC, I took the med to clean up and returned to him a week later for check up to see if everything had been expelled. A month later, I went to see him again to check for my lining and also to discuss on the possibility of IUI, he made me do the Hsg test and we found out that I had a blocked tube and he advised us to go for IVF.

I didnt do any other tests and he didnt say if there is any other abnormality in my uterus, just told us to go back to him on the first day of period, so its kinda of vague...

Sorry its so long winded, if you dont mind may I know if I need to take jabs at clinic everyday or I do it at home myself? Do I need to scan everyday? Are there any questions that I need to ask him, in case he forgets to tell me? Last of all, may I know the cost of your treatment? Dr Loh told me its 14k plus but thinking if I may be more or less...

Once again thank you so much!

There's actually three types of injections, two can be done yourself daily (gonal f from day 2 for me and ogalutran which suppress ovulation that starts around day 8-9 or depending on folicles size). The 3rd and last injection to trigger ovulation is done at TMC 24 hour clinic. Scans only start at day 9 I recall.

I spent around $15k in total, includes freezing of extra embryos, laser assisted hatching. Once you see Him for your first appointment, you need to schedule an IVF counseling at Thomson fertility centre (that's where egg retrieval, embryo transfer and laboratory works are done) where nurse will brief u more details and u can ask questions. :)

But you managed to conceive naturally for your first pregnancy that ended in MC despite a blocked tube?

All the best!

There's actually three types of injections, two can be done yourself daily (gonal f from day 2 for me and ogalutran which suppress ovulation that starts around day 8-9 or depending on folicles size). The 3rd and last injection to trigger ovulation is done at TMC 24 hour clinic. Scans only start at day 9 I recall.

I spent around $15k in total, includes freezing of extra embryos, laser assisted hatching. Once you see Him for your first appointment, you need to schedule an IVF counseling at Thomson fertility centre (that's where egg retrieval, embryo transfer and laboratory works are done) where nurse will brief u more details and u can ask questions. :)

But you managed to conceive naturally for your first pregnancy that ended in MC despite a blocked tube?

All the best!

Sorry, I meant scans at day 6 to see if reacting to the gonal f, then day 9 I think

All the best!

Thank you so much! You are v helpful :)

I had gotten pregnant 2 months after my wedding actually but it's quite a miracle cos we BD once during that month and it happened... however my husband has v bad backpain which make BD quite impossible to do in near future. With the MC and we dont really want to wait and see, IVF will be a better option so that he wont be so stressed and allow him to focus more on getting well :)

Hi ladies, I am probably going for ER later this week and ET next week.

Trying to feel positive YET not wanting to have high hopes.

I only have 2 follicles so far despite having high dosage of injections and growth hormone. The only hopeful thing is that these 2 follies are growing and of an acceptable size so far.

But I don't feel like this is going to work. We don't know if there are eggs in the follies and even if there is, will they be mature enough, will they fertilize, etc etc.

Just trying not to think and dwell on it. Reading happy romance books to take my mind off the stress.

Hi ladies, I am probably going for ER later this week and ET next week.

Trying to feel positive YET not wanting to have high hopes.

I only have 2 follicles so far despite having high dosage of injections and growth hormone. The only hopeful thing is that these 2 follies are growing and of an acceptable size so far.

But I don't feel like this is going to work. We don't know if there are eggs in the follies and even if there is, will they be mature enough, will they fertilize, etc etc.

Just trying not to think and dwell on it. Reading happy romance books to take my mind off the stress.

Hugs! Keep the positive thoughts and if you have any worries and anxiety, you can share it here :)

Hi fellow sisters,

Just did my ER ytd....retrieved 15 eggs but only 3 fertilized... am going to freeze them due to lab closure... any sisters have insights of the successful rate for FET?

Hi fellow sisters,

Just did my ER ytd....retrieved 15 eggs but only 3 fertilized... am going to freeze them due to lab closure... any sisters have insights of the successful rate for FET?

Congrats! 3 fertilized eggs are good!

Are you with KKH or NUH? I heard that for NUH, FET success rates are higher.

Thanks Panffy!

When are you seeing Dr Loh?

Seeing him tomorrow... went to see him yesterday, thinking my period was here... doctor said can still see my round egg in uterus and lining still intact... apparently need heavy flow to scan (I was so clueless). AF finally came today but didnt want him to roll eyes at me again today so decided to see him tomorrow when its confirmed heavy

Hi I am with SGH.... really 3 is good?

Hi Odie, 3 might sounds little compared to some other ladies. But they fertilized so there's higher hopes for them. If they are healthy and can become babies, it will be good enough! :)

I have only 2 follicles and may not have any eggs inside. If after ER dr can find 3 and get 3 fertilized, I will be thrilled.

Seeing him tomorrow... went to see him yesterday, thinking my period was here... doctor said can still see my round egg in uterus and lining still intact... apparently need heavy flow to scan (I was so clueless). AF finally came today but didnt want him to roll eyes at me again today so decided to see him tomorrow when its confirmed heavy

Oh I didn't see my dr when period arrive. He just gave me the pills to stop menses for 10 days, then schedule me in for a scan. Menses came a few days later and around then, I started the injections.

Maybe TFC protocol is different...

Oh I didn't see my dr when period arrive. He just gave me the pills to stop menses for 10 days, then schedule me in for a scan. Menses came a few days later and around then, I started the injections.

Maybe TFC protocol is different...

I guess Dr Loh is abit different... I didnt do scan till tomorrow as well, and also to check if any cysts n stuff... he was not willing to check more yesterday thinking it may be a fertilized egg and he saw my uterus was thick with lining... shall update tomorrow, praying for clean uterus

Am feeling kind of down to end my year with a failed IVF and it doesn't help that a few friends who have been trying long, or don't want kids are pregnant recently. Feeling emo. Doing Jan FET and hope it doesn't ruin my CNY with a bFN again.

Am feeling kind of down to end my year with a failed IVF and it doesn't help that a few friends who have been trying long, or don't want kids are pregnant recently. Feeling emo. Doing Jan FET and hope it doesn't ruin my CNY with a bFN again.

Hugs. i might jump on the FET board too, considering my low hcg level this time around. luckily we have frozen embryos to spare us. would you talk your doctor into doing day-5 blast transfer this time? i might do so with my own doc, and probably do hysteroscopy to check my uterine lining.

Hugs. i might jump on the FET board too, considering my low hcg level this time around. luckily we have frozen embryos to spare us. would you talk your doctor into doing day-5 blast transfer this time? i might do so with my own doc, and probably do hysteroscopy to check my uterine lining.

Hi gal. Cheer up. Wait till your repeat blood test on Thursday. Believe ur Gynae from Tmc too? Not sure if TFC does day 5 as I understood from counseling it's day 2 or 3, as embryos may not survive well in artificial environment. Probably will ask dr at my next cycle day ten appointment. Doing a day 5 transfer saves the anxiety of wondering whether the embryo can even develop for implantation or not.

May I know how many frozen u had?

Hi gal. Cheer up. Wait till your repeat blood test on Thursday. Believe ur Gynae from Tmc too? Not sure if TFC does day 5 as I understood from counseling it's day 2 or 3, as embryos may not survive well in artificial environment. Probably will ask dr at my next cycle day ten appointment. Doing a day 5 transfer saves the anxiety of wondering whether the embryo can even develop for implantation or not.

Oh. Does hysteroscopy help to trace why implantation could had failed? Dr loh did hysteroscopy for me when i did laparoscopy to remove endometriosis cyst earlier this year.

yeah, i read that hysteroscopy might check for polyps or any other abnormalities. I want to make sure that no stones are left unturned. that's why i'm looking at day-5 blast transfers and hysteroscopy..(this is what i do when i have too much free time in my hands. researching non-stop)

I have 13 Grade 1 and 2 embryos left. I might try to talk to my doc about day-5 transfer, but if my doc is not agreeable to it I wouldn't push for it because I really trust my doctor. she's at Mount E but she uses the facility at TFC.

I have 13 Grade 1 and 2 embryos left. I might try to talk to my doc about day-5 transfer, but if my doc is not agreeable to it I wouldn't push for it because I really trust my doctor. she's at Mount E but she uses the facility at TFC.

Wow 13 is a lot and you have grade 1 which is perfect cell division. You transferred two embryos of grade 1 for your current IVF? I'm sure the subsequent FETs will work for you, if this Thursday's blood test is negative.
I'm really quite traumatized by the last ER where i vomited and ovaries painful... praying FET works. I have asked dr what's the success rate for FET. He said while embryos are graded based on their cell divisions, it really doesn't mean the top ones are used for fresh cycle and left over frozen ones are more inferior as chromosomes play a part

Wow 13 is a lot and you have grade 1 which is perfect cell division. You transferred two embryos of grade 1 for your current IVF? I'm sure the subsequent FETs will work for you, if this Thursday's blood test is negative.
I'm really quite traumatized by the last ER where i vomited and ovaries painful... praying FET works. I have asked dr what's the success rate for FET. He said while embryos are graded based on their cell divisions, it really doesn't mean the top ones are used for fresh cycle and left over frozen ones are more inferior as chromosomes play a part

Yeah...then theres PGD testing where they study the genetics in the embryos before transferring them. additional $$$$$. i am considering that, but it might be unnecessary. :<

Yeah...then theres PGD testing where they study the genetics in the embryos before transferring them. additional $$$$$. i am considering that, but it might be unnecessary. :<

Yes that's very useful to filter out unsuitable embryos, but thought the trial is now limited to only public hospitals

Hi hi,

I hv realized that there is not Dec/Jan Cycle thread yet, I am planning to start my journey this month and hopefully I am able to find more would be mummies in this thread as well.
I am 37 this year and had MC two months ago at 9 weeks, did Hsg test and found with a blocked left tube. Currently with Dr SF Loh and he suggested IVF to increase the chance on conceiving.
Baby dust to everyone

Hi..

Just went for the briefing and registration today. Once my period comes end Dec, 21 days later will start the self jab. I have to do the long cycle. Scared but excited. Weird feeling ever! Good luck to everyone.

Last edited:
Hi..

Just went for the briefing and registration today. Once my period comes end Dec, 21 days later will start the self jab. I have to do the long cycle. Scared but excited. Weird feeling ever! Good luck to everyone.

Welcome! Where will you be doing? Hope to hear more when you start the process :)

Hi..

Hi! Which dr/hospital are you with? Is there any reason why he put you for long protocol?

Hi ladles , can anyone share FET protocol in kkh? I have 7 frozen embryos and I'm back to try again.... with Prof.THH ...

Before I forget.... something to share... my tcm told me not to drink barley during ET.... he say will affect implantation.... remember!

Before I forget.... something to share... my tcm told me not to drink barley during ET.... he say will affect implantation.... remember!

I think not just barley.. anything too cooling is not advisable. Like watermelon, green bean soup...

Hi ladies,

Glad to join you all in here and share the experience. I was supposed to start IVF last month but fell sick and was put on antibiotics so decided to wait till everything cleared up.

Like @Panffy (hello!), I'm also with Dr Loh and found things a little vague too so am reassured to meet another person going through the same thing. :) Just started my injections tonight (Day 2) and was put on Gonal-F & Pergoveris till Day 6 when I'll be going in for my first scan. Seems like the jab is giving me insomnia so am up typing this at 1.30am eeks!

I've also been kinda worried that my egg retrieval and transfer will clash with the Xmas and NY holidays, but Dr Loh's clinic said that TFC will remain open during that time so am hoping there won't be any issues.

All the best to everyone!

Back