2016/07 July babies

On milestones, I just taught my little one how to do a hi-5! It's not a perfect one though. On that command, she will open her palm wide and wait for me to tap tap! Maybe u all can try too!
Lol bubbles loves to hi5 too!! But she lazy one, only will uncurl her fingers and start giggling when I give her the indication and move my palm towards hers

Oh so cute.. they know how to do hi 5! Mine still dunno how yet. My LO will try to do crunches if put her Abt 45 degree. So I will let her grab my fingers and at the count of 3 makes her sit up.. like that milestone or not?? Ha ha but I'm going to teach her the hi 5 soon.

Yup, no one stare at me leh, or I just ignore it? I took the window seat, so quite discreet. And I use my winter jacket to act as my nursing cover instead cause it's big and pong pong, so no one knows i'm actually pumping underneath.

To be honest, it's tiring to pump on the go. Especially whole day meeting with companies. I managed to pump once in their office while they're having nap (after lunch) using my manual pump and I bought my FTG along, so manage to keep my bm fresh before I go back to my hotel. Make up the lost pumping time by doing 2 times pump MOTN.

Ganbatte Mummy! It's going to be the 6th month soon!~;)

Yes yes hopefully can quickly complete my six month! It's a small promise I made to myself to convince me to buy a new pump.

As for the cereal think I will buy off the shelf ba... really too lazy to buy and grind it.

I saw some mummies using healthy times.. how about happy bellies? Or earth best?

I forgot to share this sooner, Kiddy Palace has a Pigeon promo, 20% off regular priced items for December 2016!

c4541b848f927962a33e480266f8e396.jpg

I got the magmag set, and the Nose cleaner (tube type) . Bubbles has totally forgotten how to drink from the teat, so I tried the stage 2 and she seems to like it better, gagging less. Am introducing water (less than 20ml a day is OK according to http://kellymom.com/nutrition/starting-solids/baby-water/) since she keeps trying to drink from the shower head, and showing interest in food, especially grabbing at my bowl or plate while I eat. So we will be buying a high chair soon in preparation for blw, and if the Dr we will be seeing on 14th for her reflux gives us the go ahead, will start her on avocado!! Exciting times!

Flipping onto her back and front still requires me to force her, though the diaper station voluntary flips are now a daily occurrence, which is of course annoying. But once she succeeds on her own, she will whine to be flipped back, and then guaiguai let me change her liow. Haha.

She's also beginning to sit up a little better each day. I let her sit on my bed for about half a minute supporting her, cos otherwise she will whine and keep squirming until I do so. Tummy time is much much better, today she managed to leapfrog 3 distinct times, all the while whining of course. And her arms are still...lol T-Rex. Although...earlier on the playmat and seated resting against me after tummy time, she reached forward and grabbed a toy to play with. How fast they grow...

Verluv I was just thinking about you. Yours ears got itchy? :p

I'm also clueless how to count... but I think I'll start to catch her cues from now. If she seems keen on food then can try soon.

Mine suddenly got into flipping frenzy last night when we got home at 7pm. Left her in her cot on back and came back to find her on her tummy, while all along she doesn't seem that keen on flip. She seems to be amused by the new trick and she flipped and flipped last night. Going home now to see if she flips again tonight or it was just a fluke haha.

let them do things at their pace. When they are ready, they will be.

Thanks @tuna. It was a calculated risk. I am not working these two days. So that is why I decided to take the chance of changing diapers hahaha

Hey @verluv! I think u are doing quite well leh. 11 x 300ml is a lot too. It all depends how much ur little one is drinking. Mine is only drinking 80-90ml per 2-3 hr feed. So I am more relaxed mode.
At first I also damn scared to change her in motn, but I decided to risk it one night after a feed cos her diapers heavy. So I slid a fresh one under her, open soiled one, wipe gently w wet wipe (this part really scary, cos cold and she shuddered a bit in her sleep), remove soiled and close up new one. The first time I tried she had to be lulled back to sleep, but subsequently she knew what I was doing I think. So she just go back koon.

Better than pulling her out onto the diaper table, but see u wanna risk soiling her cot or not la. Heh. Fast leg fast hand lor!

Need help... Anyone is Singapore hokkien huay guan member or u know someone who is . Can help me to sign on my application form please .. Many thanks :)

@snowfern - bubbles' antics really crack me up! Drinking from showehead, lollll!!! Little tuna keeps snatching hanky from me in bath to suck the water and I think it's very. entertaining already (qualifier: not that I let her, just that she's sometimes too fast, must snatch back from her), but yours win, shower head, wahaha, like so thirsty like that.

@verluv - I was also thinking about you 2 days back.

@emk - hokien huay kuan application for emk Jr's p1 registration? :D

@snowfern - bubbles' antics really crack me up! Drinking from showehead, lollll!!! Little tuna keeps snatching hanky from me in bath to suck the water and I think it's very. entertaining already (qualifier: not that I let her, just that she's sometimes too fast, must snatch back from her), but yours win, shower head, wahaha, like so thirsty like that.

@verluv - I was also thinking about you 2 days back.

@emk - hokien huay kuan application for emk Jr's p1 registration? :D
Dunno le, she v odd de. Like a few days ago, I usually support her while seated in bathtub using my left arm at her back, hand hooked under her left armpit. Then use right hand bathe her. She suddenly leaned and pushed forward, not accident ley, deliberately cos I was watching and holding her back, but she dunked her face into the water as if to taste it?!?!! Of course she spluttered as I quickly pulled her out...but then after that she like..oh OK. That's what happens when I do that. Then never repeated it again o_O

The hanky thing haha I can relate, she also tries to do the same! I think at this age they just everything auto straight into mouth XD

Wah!!! One hg mummy already taught her girl how to gxgx!!! Tmrw I will attempt it with bubbles!!!!

Haha thank you for missing me... actually I super like this forum coz it's still so active after so many months and most importantly can learn a lot of things here..

My mum also like to teach my girl gong xi gong xi coz it's going to be new yr soon.. must start teaching now else won't be in time. As for sitting, think my lo really likes the idea of sitting to flipping. Don't think she is going to flip soon..

My LO also like to put things in her mouth. Juz now I was clearing my bag and there is one pcs of receipt near her. She Juz grab and put it in her mouth! I quickly pull it out but too late Liao.

Yup, maybe wait awhile more before i start to brush his teeth. Ohh man, i don't think it's going to be an easy job trying to open his mouth and use the toothbrush o_O
I bought the combi toothbrush for 3mth+, she loves it! From early weeks I have been teaching her to open the mouth ahhhhh so I can clean it, and singing the "this is the way we brush our teeth" song, praising her with "very good!" when she opens and keeps it open for me to brush. I think it helps with the sore gums. Whenever I am too tired and skip it, she will start gnawing at my nipples.

Maybe you can encourage Ian to brush by letting him hold the toothbrush too. Today for the first time she didn't seem to want me to brush for her, but the moment I put it in her hand she auto stuck it in her mouth. So I continued from there.

Haha thank you for missing me... actually I super like this forum coz it's still so active after so many months and most importantly can learn a lot of things here..

My mum also like to teach my girl gong xi gong xi coz it's going to be new yr soon.. must start teaching now else won't be in time. As for sitting, think my lo really likes the idea of sitting to flipping. Don't think she is going to flip soon..

My LO also like to put things in her mouth. Juz now I was clearing my bag and there is one pcs of receipt near her. She Juz grab and put it in her mouth! I quickly pull it out but too late Liao.
Saaame!! Mine hates tummy time and flipping, but loves to sit and even more so, stand and jump. My mil thinks she might skip the crawling like her dad and aunt zzzz

Today went to dentist appointment, good thing my teeth still safe haha.. Only my gum quite sensitive.

Wah!!! All yr LOs are growing fast and I hope mine can grow fast but suddenly I came to think that once she grows up, the cute cute and the total bond will be gone and different. Previously, I always cosleep with her, but tonight, she can sleep on her own bed. Make me feel sad.

Reading all ur posts let me learnt alot of things. Too bad, I dun get to bathe my gal cos my hands not much strength when holding her in bathtub. Maybe when she is older and more stable then I will try. Want to experience what you all are going through.

@snowfern thanks for sharing the pigeon promo. Going to ask my hubby to grab a lot of the nursing pad.

@snowfern thanks!~ shall go get a toothbrush set to start practicing with him!

High 5 with Ian also need to see his mood one. Sometimes I kept saying high 5 with Mummy, he will just give me the 萌萌 look (his signature look!). Only if I go tap his hands then he will "enlighten" and smile away haha~

Christmas haven't come and babies are practicing gxgx liao ahh...:p Maybe I'll ask my MIL to practice with him too.....

Anyway, seems Iike most mummies are back here! Christmas play date for our LOs? :D

Something different from my gal this week. Finally she looks at people who carry her. Previously you carry her she looks everywhere and everyone else but you. Now, she will stare at you. Haha I find that cute and engaging.

I have been cleaning my gal in just a tub of plain water. Going to shampoo and soap her when she hits 6mths. Thinking of the process stresses me out.

Can mummies explain how to do it correctly?

So carry her reclined and shampoo hair first? Rinse with water from a tub? Then have another tub of soapy water for body? Then another tub of clean water to rinse off foam on body? 3 tubs of water??

I cannot imagine how to deal with rinsing body with shower head. Like not enough hands to manage that.

Please help!

I have been cleaning my gal in just a tub of plain water. Going to shampoo and soap her when she hits 6mths. Thinking of the process stresses me out.

Can mummies explain how to do it correctly?

So carry her reclined and shampoo hair first? Rinse with water from a tub? Then have another tub of soapy water for body? Then another tub of clean water to rinse off foam on body? 3 tubs of water??

I cannot imagine how to deal with rinsing body with shower head. Like not enough hands to manage that.

Please help!

My gal has been using kodomo bath for shower since back Hm. 1 tub of water is gd enough as we don't use so much soap like adults. You prepare a small hankie also.

My MIL will carry her, using one hand to support her neck and her lap to place my gal butt so will not fall. She press abit of the soap and wash baby hair then use the hankie to clean and wash away the soap. Once done, she then put her in the tub and using hankie to clean all parts of body with abit more soap. Faster and cleaner. That's all.

Thanks Eva. So don't need to rinse off after the body soap?

I like kodomo too as it smells very nice.

No need to rinse off, cos the water with the soap is very dilute. Just need press very little soap. Cannot press too much until very soapy

Haha okok not like our bubble bath in the bathtub when we go hotel staycation :p

Ok that sounds not too stressful...

To be honest my baby's head don't know why got funky smell all along. Not as if got fungal or what. Just not a nice smelling baby head lol. I look forward to having a fragrant head baby.

Talking about missing ppl, i wonder how @gan1972 is doing. I hope she is better now. We havent heard from her since she told us about her condition.

@redvel i am also bathing my girl in the similar fashion as Eva's mil. Basically to rest baby perpendicular to your lap (while you're sitted on a low stool) then squeeze some shampoo on the head and give a good rub before using a wet dripping towel to wipe off from the head slowly. Once that is done, can put baby into the tub to have a good soak.

my bathing steps are (from dry to wet to very wet) :
1. Clean eyes with cotton balls
2. Use wet cloth to wipe face, eyes and neck
3. Shampoo head
4. Wipe baby body front and back with the wet cloth while she's "sitted" in the tub
5. Use fingers to clean her buttocks and private parts

Ya ya, no bubble bath for baby yet. Too young lah, when she big then u can bring her Sit bathtub and bathe together.

I think is becos u haven use soap to wash her head yet. So I think is becos the oil glands. The smell should be gone once you use soap to wash her head.

recently, my crazy baby has been flaunting her flipping skills even at night. My baby likes to sleep on tummy or on sides. It's like almost 80% of the time that she sure flip even if i let her sleep on her back. Even if i flip her back, she grunts and flip to tummy and turn head sideways to sleep. AND I GIVE UP! I just let her sleep whichever way she likes.

And i think @redvel mentioned her baby learning to crawl? MIne too lah! It's again a crazy moment. Ming Ming cannot crawl but keep flipping over to crawl with buttocks lifted like a snail crawl. and she'll just scream when she cannot move at all. Flip her on her back to rest but she gets up to the crawling position again. Repeat until whole head full of sweat.

Lol all our dinosaurs trying to leapfrog at the same time!! Maybe they want to somersault I XD

@redvel ya I use kodomo rice milk no rinse soap, v nice smell. Also just barely not even half a pump of soap for whole body. I also have an infant insert that I can prop her in, is placed on the floor. Looks something like this, but she is outgrowing it le. I like it cos I can also put her in it and tend to my own urgent needs during emergencies haha

7e5a1ddbbf0007a4f3e443537d4317c2.jpg

I let shower fill the bathtub while I wash her eyes, nose, mouth with warm boiled water and different corners of hanky (in a pre prepared mug). Then brush with combi 3+ mth toothbrush (helps with itchy gums and gets her used to the idea). All the while seated on a low daiso stool.

Then I strip her, put my feet together till ankles almost meet, prop her butt between them while she leans against my calves. Right hand hold shower head, left hand rinse her private bits. Forearms kiap her in place. Spread my feet to open her thighs, rinse her pipi. Then pop into bathtub.

2 ways to do this part. Previously she like to float, so I let her rest her upper back on my forearm, left hand kiap under her left armpit. Right hand free to soap her. Dilute slightly, then wash her hair and ears and neck. Since she has many chins, I have to use hanky sometimes or squeeze my fingers to get to it or else eczema. Rest of body, taking care of folds and pits. Sit her up, transfer to right hand kiap left armpit, lean on forearm. Then lift up bumbum, wash with left hand. Then transfer back to initial left hand position.

Now she likes to sit, so I let her sit up, bottom of tub got non slip duckies from daiso. Also distracts her from moving around too much. But can get slippery when soaping, so I advise floating method as above first. Otherwise steps about the same.

At this point I drain the water, my tub got drainage plug de. Then shower head time, her fave! She loves trying to catch the stream, and even when I run it over her hair she will shudder in delight. Then cos she will look around seated, easier to rinse the neck folds. I know I know, a little bit of diluted pee won't hurt, but I feel gaowek la especially after putting in so much effort lol. /winks @tuna

Hang the towel corner over her head, pull her out, place on lap, drag my aching self up from stool, and off to room to change her.

Last edited:
@snowfern thanks!~ shall go get a toothbrush set to start practicing with him!

High 5 with Ian also need to see his mood one. Sometimes I kept saying high 5 with Mummy, he will just give me the 萌萌 look (his signature look!). Only if I go tap his hands then he will "enlighten" and smile away haha~

Christmas haven't come and babies are practicing gxgx liao ahh...:p Maybe I'll ask my MIL to practice with him too.....

Anyway, seems Iike most mummies are back here! Christmas play date for our LOs? :D
I went the hg watsapp one, held at wisma picnic. Is nice place, spacious for strollers, and can call and reserve de! If we keen, can consider! Food okok la, Marche type ordering style and price. Butadon is nice, if you like fatty pork. $14 iirc. Review of place here:

http://danielfooddiary.com/2016/11/07/picnic/

@snowfern, I bought the breathable cot liner from mothercare, they have offer for selective item.

Takashimaya having sales, 20% selective item and additional 10% for takashimaya credit card member.
ImageUploadedByForum1481033663.822216.jpg

@redvel, don't need so many tub of water, just need 1 tub.
My boy don't like to be in decline position, he prefer in sit up position. I will fill up the bath tub and I sit on small stool next to it. I put anti slip mat on the floor between the tub and me.
1) put my baby on my lap in sitting position, use wet hanky to clean his face then wet his hair with wet hanky then apply shampoo. Scope the water from the tub, use wet hanky to clean off his hair.
2) put him on sitting/standing position on the anti slip mat, scope the water from the tub and rinse him, shampoo his body, rub rub here and there,then scope water from tub to wash it off
3) place him into the tub, let him kick water and I rub rub here and there again.

Wah!!! Thanks thanks!! So tempting to go shopping now ahhh!!! No wonder you had 大丰收 lol

Ya la hahaha actually today no plan to go shopping one, then my hub said he got errand to run and offer to drop me at paragon. Then I faster pack and go.. Wow too long never go paragon Liao .. Their top floor so many kids shop, bought a super cute Christmas clothes for my boy. And saw mothercare just few steps away, once go in cannot come out Liao. My hub though I will be shopping at taka, he go park there. When he come I still at paragon haha.. Slowly walk to taka and continue to shop again :p

Emk your loot looks very tempting ... *tink tink. Shopping mode on*. I have passdown on traditional cot bumper. Waiting to be washed. Wonder if I should buy one too heh.

Thanks gals for the bong bong tips. Really learnt a lot. My gal is ok being reclined. But her duration there is limited. Last time can still clean eyes/face/ears with cotton pads while being recline, follow by wash hair. Now her threshold is only wash hair. Therefore prior to bathroom, I clean her face on the bed first.

I think the anti slip mat sounds like a good idea. At least wash off first round of foam before dipping into the tub for more cleaner rinse.

Ya la hahaha actually today no plan to go shopping one, then my hub said he got errand to run and offer to drop me at paragon. Then I faster pack and go.. Wow too long never go paragon Liao .. Their top floor so many kids shop, bought a super cute Christmas clothes for my boy. And saw mothercare just few steps away, once go in cannot come out Liao. My hub though I will be shopping at taka, he go park there. When he come I still at paragon haha.. Slowly walk to taka and continue to shop again :p
Wa @emk, your stamina super sia! Your boy was in pram orh orh throughout your shopping expedition?

I went the hg watsapp one, held at wisma picnic. Is nice place, spacious for strollers, and can call and reserve de! If we keen, can consider! Food okok la, Marche type ordering style and price. Butadon is nice, if you like fatty pork. $14 iirc. Review of place here:

http://danielfooddiary.com/2016/11/07/picnic/
Looks good, actually food nice or not don't care, important is got space for everyone to sit and yak comfortably, preferably not too near other tables so our crying babies won't disturb other patrons.

Wa @emk, your stamina super sia! Your boy was in pram orh orh throughout your shopping expedition?

Haha when come to shopping will forget all the tiredness. never bring my pram out coz very big need to take lift so very difficult to move around lo.He orh orh in the carrier throughout my shopping expedition, lunch and Q for egg tart at taka. :p
Wow just receive email from Tula.. They ship out my item haha

Haha when come to shopping will forget all the tiredness. never bring my pram out coz very big need to take lift so very difficult to move around lo.He orh orh in the carrier throughout my shopping expedition, lunch and Q for egg tart at taka.
Wow just receive email from Tula.. They ship out my item haha
You zai. Somemore big bag small bag! Later I need to pick up parcel from post office I already have to think v hard lol

@snowfern how do you wash the cloth diapers/inserts?

So far my moo moo kow works well. Bought from Carousell so cheaper lor. But what do you do with the yellow stain? I wash with normal baby detergent and soak in hot water but won't get rid of the stain.

Oh and I'm so happy her bad nappy rash is gone :):)

@snowfern how do you wash the cloth diapers/inserts?

So far my moo moo kow works well. Bought from Carousell so cheaper lor. But what do you do with the yellow stain? I wash with normal baby detergent and soak in hot water but won't get rid of the stain.

Oh and I'm so happy her bad nappy rash is gone :):)
For wet diapers, I place them in wet bag, every night remove inserts, unbutton snaps, throw in machine. Do 1 rinse cycle, followed by 1 cycle with 1-2 caps of Earth Choice detergent (from NTUC finest or cold storage).

For poo diapers, spray solids in toilet bowl, wring, soak in pail with a few drops of detergent. Then drop in with rest of diapers when time to machine wash.

For yellow, sun! I sun all the diapers the following morning/afternoon where possible! The stains disappear within 1-2 days of sunning!

Can I ask what to look out for for baby high chair?
I bought the IKEA antilop, 29.90 including table top. Initially we wanted something foldable, but too many hidden crevices to clean and possibly injure ourselves on (we are clumsy peeps lol). Since we will be practicing baby led weaning, it will be super messy, and the IKEA one seems to be easiest to clean and dry.

Thanks snowfern :)

Emk my gal after few tries then accepted the bamboo stool seat. But maybe we introduced her at wrong time as she was tired.

As for high chair, I think can slowly introduce under supervision. I'm hoping she can keep still and self entertained while we have our meals. Also a chance to see if she may be ready for food.

When our lo will be ready to sit on high chair ?
Supposed to be when they are able to sit on their own. But I think as long as neck stable and when assisted is also quite stable, can sit for a few minutes? I only try try today and she seems to like it hehe

Will let her sit few minutes everyday to teach her to drink water.

Thanks snowfern :)

Emk my gal after few tries then accepted the bamboo stool seat. But maybe we introduced her at wrong time as she was tired.

As for high chair, I think can slowly introduce under supervision. I'm hoping she can keep still and self entertained while we have our meals. Also a chance to see if she may be ready for food.

Ooo I haven't re-introduce the bamboo seat to my baby after few rejection, really very little time I can spend with him after back to work. Everyday very rush .. Leave office 6plus to 7.. Then reach my mum house have dinner and chiong home 8-8:30pm .. Need to do a simple wipe on his face n neck, change pajamas, check his finger nail, and he sleep by 9pm.. No time to play and read.

Mothercare going to have baby fair next month, can lookout if u are eyeing their high chair. my colleague highly recommended ikea high chair, he said easy to clean up.

IKEA seems practical however I prefer to have a foot rest kind. Less straining for their little legs. And I think it's also important to consider non fabric kind. Sure messy after a meal.

@snowfern for BLW remember to get ready big floor sheet :)

Indeed time with baby is so little now we start work. Sometimes she even sleeps by 730pm.

Back