IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hello! I started eating conceive well after I failed my first medicated FET...I did another medicated FET 4 months later and got BFP:) Not sure is it because I transferred 2 blastocyst during the second FET or is because of conceive well...but no harm trying i guess..gd luck!

Thank u so much for your reply. Wonder is it too late to consume now as I'm might be going for a natural FET in about 1 week's time if my follicle grows well

Last edited:

I been there before. She has a guan yin and the whole place is quite serene. Quite nice the dr.

Have you tried acupuncture with her before? Sometimes she travels and her partner (a male physician) will do the acupuncture. He is quite good also.

I really hate acupuncture because I find it a bit painful when the needles go in, especially my legs and abdomen area. But forcing myself to go through it for the sake of having baby. I like Physician Lim because she will keep talking to me when she puts the needles in, so I am slightly distracted.

Thank you so much! You are very helpful... I shall check with him again if my period falls before 10th... not too sure if I want to wait for another month esp when CNY in Jan...

No problem!

I just called TFC to check on CNY block out dates, she said only closed on Monday, 30 January which is a public holiday.

Have you tried acupuncture with her before? Sometimes she travels and her partner (a male physician) will do the acupuncture. He is quite good also.

I really hate acupuncture because I find it a bit painful when the needles go in, especially my legs and abdomen area. But forcing myself to go through it for the sake of having baby. I like Physician Lim because she will keep talking to me when she puts the needles in, so I am slightly distracted.

Yup I did ACU with her before. She abit rough lah I find haha. Assuring dr but acu cho lor.

Thank u so much for your reply. Wonder is it too late to consume now as I'm might be going for a natural FET in about 1 week's time if my follicle grows well

Might be a little late now coz I think supplement will take few months to be effective...maybe u can try drinking chicken essence and eat a few brazil nuts everyday after your FET...i also ate one durian everyday after the transfer:)

Am getting spotting this morning and feeling kind of worried cos Im supposed to see doc on the first day of period... if I hv it today or tomorrow... is it in time if I see doctor on Monday? Or do I hv to try next cycle instead thank you so much...

Hi all, anyone here have spotting before you find out u are pregnant? Especially those who did IVF. This is my 1st IVF, and i've been having brown spotting at the applicator CRINONE gel that to be insert in the vagina. I dunno is it implantation or period coming cos my period is around the corner. My previous pregnancy I had no spotting. Can anyone help. I am sooo worried

Hi all, anyone here have spotting before you find out u are pregnant? Especially those who did IVF. This is my 1st IVF, and i've been having brown spotting at the applicator CRINONE gel that to be insert in the vagina. I dunno is it implantation or period coming cos my period is around the corner. My previous pregnancy I had no spotting. Can anyone help. I am sooo worried
I have spotting on gel around 6 days after 5dt. Then stopped after a day. Dark brown spotting. How many after transfer u got spotting?

I have spotting on gel around 6 days after 5dt. Then stopped after a day. Dark brown spotting. How many after transfer u got spotting?
This is my 11dp5dt. The spotting started ystrdy night and this morning. Now i am wearing pantyliner i dont see any... So I am not sure is it implantation, the gel side effect or just my menses coming. Did you have cramps when u had spotting? Cos i dont for now.

This is my 11dp5dt. The spotting started ystrdy night and this morning. Now i am wearing pantyliner i dont see any... So I am not sure is it implantation, the gel side effect or just my menses coming. Did you have cramps when u had spotting? Cos i dont for now.
If not too much and it stopped then is good. I don't have cramps while spotting on day6. But cramps came on day 8-10. I think ur going for blood test soon right? Don't worry. As long as no red blood, ur alright. Any other symptoms?

If not too much and it stopped then is good. I don't have cramps while spotting on day6. But cramps came on day 8-10. I think ur going for blood test soon right? Don't worry. As long as no red blood, ur alright. Any other symptoms?
I had very bad cramp once last 2 days thinking my period will appear soon but it then suddenly stopped. Ystrdy I had very bad migraine which i always have before my period but also stopped and did not prolong then usual. I vomitted once ystdy. Today only spotting and nothing else for now. My blood test will be this Wed. I am praying hard everything will be fine.

I had very bad cramp once last 2 days thinking my period will appear soon but it then suddenly stopped. Ystrdy I had very bad migraine which i always have before my period but also stopped and did not prolong then usual. I vomitted once ystdy. Today only spotting and nothing else for now. My blood test will be this Wed. I am praying hard everything will be fine.
If ur still spotting then don't move around or walk too much. Sofa rest at home. Don't exhaust urself these few days before blood test. We may not know baby attach or not. So better don't take any risk and rest. Think positive too.

If ur still spotting then don't move around or walk too much. Sofa rest at home. Don't exhaust urself these few days before blood test. We may not know baby attach or not. So better don't take any risk and rest. Think positive too.
Just went to the toilet. No more spotting.. Will continue to monitor again. Thank you so much for your reply dear...

Am getting spotting this morning and feeling kind of worried cos Im supposed to see doc on the first day of period... if I hv it today or tomorrow... is it in time if I see doctor on Monday? Or do I hv to try next cycle instead thank you so much...
Normally the doc will see you when u get your full flow. For kkh they will see you 2nd day frm your full flow... So if u have it today, there is still time to see on Monday...

Normally the doc will see you when u get your full flow. For kkh they will see you 2nd day frm your full flow... So if u have it today, there is still time to see on Monday...

Thank you so much! Will see doctor on Monday... nervous for this journey but really glad I found this forum

Hi adlina, I did have brown blood spotting on 6dpt, during 2ww (just abt 1 day which cleared up after) and went on to have a BFP. I had no other cramps during that period too. Fingers crossed for you and wishing u success for your cycle!

Ladies is it alright to consume blackmore conceive well gold which already have folic acid in it And another folic acid 500mg? Just curious as some ladies took them together...overdose?

Ladies is it alright to consume blackmore conceive well gold which already have folic acid in it And another folic acid 500mg? Just curious as some ladies took them together...overdose?
Hi hajar, even pregnant women need at most 600-800mg. So if blackmore alr have 500mg, don't take separate folic acid. It is enough.

Hi adlina, I did have brown blood spotting on 6dpt, during 2ww (just abt 1 day which cleared up after) and went on to have a BFP. I had no other cramps during that period too. Fingers crossed for you and wishing u success for your cycle!
Hi... The spotting stopped ystrdy evening. But today morning when I peed i saw a lump of black discharge. Then now at my pantyliner there is dark brown discharge. Currently i am having a bad cramp..

Hi... The spotting stopped ystrdy evening. But today morning when I peed i saw a lump of black discharge. Then now at my pantyliner there is dark brown discharge. Currently i am having a bad cramp..
The spotting started again today. Then when I peed and spray, i saw lots of black discharge coming out. But still no blood. Not even on my pad.

I think my menses came. I just check at my pad there are brown spotting with a little drop of blood. Then when I peed, the black discharge became more.

If u are using crinone the discharge that come out can be black or brown. It can be the residue of the crinone gel. Try to take hpt so that if it's a bfp u can get support jab to stop the spotting. Sooner or later u will know the outcome so don't be afraid to test.

If u are using crinone the discharge that come out can be black or brown. It can be the residue of the crinone gel. Try to take hpt so that if it's a bfp u can get support jab to stop the spotting. Sooner or later u will know the outcome so don't be afraid to test.
It is cnfrm a failed IVF. My full flow menses has made it appearance. will be gg for my early blood test tmrw. Thanks everyone

Just my day today. Doc went out for urgent delivery and I have waited 1.5hours for my scan. Now rushing back to office. Thunk doing a natural cycle of FET is pretty stressful due to time management.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...feedback-on-upcoming-budget-2017/3341032.html

Girls, the gah men is calling for feedback on pre-budget for 2017. Do raise on increasing ART subsidies to them. There's no better time than this.

My hopes:

1. That they can extend the help to at least age 42, even though they say that rates are very low after 40 and that's why they don't want to help after that.

2. To cover 100% for first IVF cycle with full govt funding (no need to touch our medisave). Subsequent cycles can reduce the coverage.

3. To allow govt subsidies to cover private hospitals / IVF clinics too. Ok if that's not possible, then at least allow some percentage of coverage for pte.

My hopes:

1. That they can extend the help to at least age 42, even though they say that rates are very low after 40 and that's why they don't want to help after that.

2. To cover 100% for first IVF cycle with full govt funding (no need to touch our medisave). Subsequent cycles can reduce the coverage.

3. To allow govt subsidies to cover private hospitals / IVF clinics too. Ok if that's not possible, then at least allow some percentage of coverage for pte.

i think i will send in my wish for option 3. ya at least some percentage to up the fertilty possibility by exploring all areas. hopefully they will hear e voices.

Anyone here tried fertility massage (either DIY at home or at a salon) before ER? I read its good cos it warms the womb but no idea where to go to for such massage

Hi, got a question regarding embryo transfer process.
For KKH they will lay out the embryos for identification then leave it there during the transfer.
So if our transfer is difficult, say longer than 5 -10 mins the embryos jus get left on the Petri dish right?
Just wondering if anyone recalls if they place the outer catheter into the cervix and womb then suck up the embryos in another inner catheter for shooting in, or do they alrdy suck up fr the beginning then try to struggle to put in
Both, but only shooting it after well placed.

I had a longer than usual transfer both cycles due to tight cervix and I thk I recall the embryos were sucked into the catheter from the start and Dr Tan was struggling w inserting the catheter (with the embryos alrdy inside) for the 10 mins.

Ladies any idea what's the procedure locally as I checked online it's supposed to only suck up the embryos w another tube after the outer tube is alrdy nicely in place.

For KKH they will lay out the embryos for identification then leave it there during the transfer.
So if our transfer is difficult, say longer than 5 -10 mins the embryos jus get left on the Petri dish right?
Just wondering if anyone recalls if they place the outer catheter into the cervix and womb then suck up the embryos in another inner catheter for shooting in, or do they alrdy suck up fr the beginning then try to struggle to put in

I had a longer than usual transfer both cycles due to tight cervix and I thk I recall the embryos were sucked into the catheter from the start and Dr Tan was struggling w inserting the catheter (with the embryos alrdy inside) for the 10 mins.

Ladies any idea what's the procedure locally as I checked online it's supposed to only suck up the embryos w another tube after the outer tube is alrdy nicely in place.
Just to add, he didn't go through my file during the transfer and I also didn't remind him I had a difficult transfer fr the first round and he ordered a hysteroscopy after the first cycle (which apparently didn't help much to loosen the cervix passage) but he forgot that it was me during the 2nd time transfer.
I should have reminded Dr and requested to arrange for a mock transfer before the 2nd cycle. Not entirely his fault because he has far too many patients but just feeling Sian as first round he did mention it might have failed as the embryos were traumatised.
Which led me to wonder if the embryos were sucked into the tube for adjustment together or only sucked in via another tube after the outer (stiffer) tube is in place.

Just to add, he didn't go through my file during the transfer and I also didn't remind him I had a difficult transfer fr the first round and he ordered a hysteroscopy after the first cycle (which apparently didn't help much to loosen the cervix passage) but he forgot that it was me during the 2nd time transfer.
I should have reminded Dr and requested to arrange for a mock transfer before the 2nd cycle. Not entirely his fault because he has far too many patients but just feeling Sian as first round he did mention it might have failed as the embryos were traumatised.
Which led me to wonder if the embryos were sucked into the tube for adjustment together or only sucked in via another tube after the outer (stiffer) tube is in place.
Hi cen, I could be wrong but I remembered he will only transfer the embryos with another catheter once the first one is inserted and is properly in place.

For peace of mind, maybe you can contact the hotline and ask the nurse for clarity. if she's not sure, she can check with Dr tan and get back to you

Hi cen, I could be wrong but I remembered he will only transfer the embryos with another catheter once the first one is inserted and is properly in place.

For peace of mind, maybe you can contact the hotline and ask the nurse for clarity. if she's not sure, she can check with Dr tan and get back to you

Ok thanks! Alrdy feel a little more at ease now.

It should be open up your cervix n put in tube or whatever before the embryologist come and pass the embryo to dr to proceed with transfer. Don't think dr will struggle to put in the tube with embryos in it.

Reactions: cen
Anyone here tried fertility massage (either DIY at home or at a salon) before ER? I read its good cos it warms the womb but no idea where to go to for such massage

I went massage for blood/hormone circulation at fu lu shou. Each session $50, no need take out clothes or apply oil ..I stop once I er..

Just had my transfer a few days ago. The doc will insert the speculum to keep the cervix open 1st. Only when it's in place then he calls for the embryologist to place the embryos meant for the transfer on the petri dish. I have never seen the other embryos in the petri dish. only after checking the number of embryos meant for transfer then the proceed to transfer. Very fast after tt.

Back