Need advice: child only likes spoon feed milk, how to deal at childcare?

Hallofus

Hi all, need to hear some experiences from you mums out there...
My girl is now 16months and will be going to a full day childcare at 18 months (which is like 2 months time!). She's exclusively breastfed for a year and I started introducing formula to her after 12 months. She drinks water in a straw cup, bottle, sippy cup, etc BUT not milk! I put her on a high chair and fed her with a spoon. After much experiences, I could easily feed her 200ml in 10-15 mins. It seems to me she knows how to use the bottles but just being lazy to suck. I did try her on the bottle and straw cup but she would suck a few sips then runaway to play. Will take forever to finish or often couldn't finish. I doubt the childcare teachers would spoon feed her, do they? From what I understand the kids shower and then drink their milk on their mattresses before they take their nap. How to get her to drink milk like that?

Most childcare teachers will not spoon feed the kids.they will trained them to be independently.maybe for a start you can tell the teacher this problem and tell them to spoon feed only when she refuse to drink anything.But often in childcare,when the kid see what others is doing,they will follow and learn.monkey see money follow usuallly.haha.so dun worry.

Most childcare teachers will not spoon feed the kids.they will trained them to be independently.maybe for a start you can tell the teacher this problem and tell them to spoon feed only when she refuse to drink anything.But often in childcare,when the kid see what others is doing,they will follow and learn.monkey see money follow usuallly.haha.so dun worry.
Thanks a lot!

Back