2016/07 July babies

@emk - yea, I'm still enjoying my leave, happiness. Don't want to think of office now, it's a bad depressing.
Waa, the pee shoot up got dio you or not?

@sarah - no time to shop? So wasted! You going BKK soon is it? Or I remembered wrongly? The tooth pop out liao gotta start brushing liao, or you already started?

@snowfern - bubbles too smart liao, start cold war with you already! Lol!! Poor snowfern! Next time must wear mask before feeding her medicine...
I think there's the unsweetened version for oatmilk, in case you want to try one day. Have you eliminated the common wind-causing foods like broccoli, onion etc?

Little tuna is doing a first - sleeping on her front. She was flipping in sleep, halfway through flip, she stopped, like battery totally flat, so I rolled her onto tummy to see if she'll protest, ok wo, she's sleeping soundly. I shall roll her back before I sleep. Her temp seems ok.
Hope bubbles' fever will break quickly and you all can get a good sleep. Press on!

Hello everyone, so fast the yr LO are taking their 5mths jabs. Jia you is battling the fever!! Mine just took her hep B 2 days ago.

Anyone encounter when latching yr LO, halfway they move very vigorously then unlatch and latch back again. Mine started this 2 days ago. Then like lazy to open her mouth to latch. Even during night time too. How you all manage to snack at night?

Also, where did you all buy your Tula carrier from? Cause I am planning to buy one soon but not sure should go down to the baby fair to buy anot.
Hope your girl OK after her jab.
A few of us have encountered vigorous movement from bb halfway through feeding; clamp down tight - turn away head and pok nipple out.
Maybe yours drank enough liao, so didnt want to open mouth.

On night-time snacking, i wait for bb to fall asleep before pigging out. She's usually a better sleeper at night, so that leaves me a bit of time to spend with #1 and #2, plus reward.myself with food.

My Tula was bought second hand through Carousel. Think Sarah got hers direct from Tula website.

Hello mummies,

I am using this contact thermometer that can switch off beep sound. My husband got it from taobao.

I need to comment on the accuracy of the thermometer. I think it is not that accurate. I always have to do a few readings for average.

Anyway it seems like most of us never escape fever for second dose.

IMG_2051.JPG

On flipping, mine loves to do side sleeping or tummy sleeping now even if I place her on the back. Every time I wake up for night feeds, I see a worm in the cot.

And recently, I also noticed that my little one has upped her appetite. It's like 80ml straight from the bottle. Happy mummy here. She still prefers to latch from the boob. Now just need to work on drinking more from the bottle.

Hope tuna's baby 早日accept bottle feeding whole heartedly!

Last edited:
@tuna my gal is okay. No fever. Her dad carry her so she is very cooperative. Just wha wha awhile then ok ler. Only her dad can calm her. Think she will scare of her dad. Nurse say only when 5in1 start then might have fever. As for Mercury thermometer, maybe u need to go Mustafa to see if have anot.

Now my gal starts to play her saliva by to make bubbles.

She just cough and suddenly vomit like a Merlion. Must change bed sheet ler. Scare me. Think when she sleep must raise her head up ler.

I see. Hope can get a Tula carrier that is not so ex.

@snowfern bubbles so mean to you. U must tell her u are her mummy. Jiayou in battling the fever.

The 6th month mark is approaching. And we have to start preparing solids. Got many questions here.

1. Food processor. What brand are u all planning to get?

2. Time to start. I think @redvel did ask. Should it be start of 6th or end of 6th mth to start? How to tell if your little one is ready?

3. Type. What are u going to start with? Vegetable purée or cereal? And can give me more insights on what is adding cereal to milk? Literally put 1 teaspoon of baby cereal into warmed breastmilk? Then use spoon to feed?

4. Utensils. What brand to buy!? What type to get too? So many patterns and choices in the market.

5. Sippy cups. My baby is a total bf baby. Do I need to start giving water? If yes, how and in what form? Spoon? Bottle or sippy cups?

天啊!I am so ignorant!

I'm sure the solid topic is gonna be hot soon for every mummy here :)

My sis uses this and she says good. But I think I got one Philips brand already. Have to go dig my storeroom.
ImageUploadedByForum1480729107.206971.jpg

For cereal, I have a personal take on this. I hear mil and pd say start cereal. I don't intend to nor will be buying offshelf when it's time. Those sitting in boxes are basically processed (don't need to cook). I'll be getting rice/oatmeal/barley etc and grind into powder and cook for 15mins. I guess cook in water then add FM to run it down a bit. Means I need to get a grinder oh.

I would like to start off with something natural like fruit/veg. Maybe avocado. Also add FM. I read beginning is really just one time of the day only to let her try try. Try same food 3-4days if no allergy then move on to another food.

Utensils I guess baby spoon and bowl. Those plastic and BPA safe. Also must get food thermal flask. Don't forget bibs that have reservoir to catch food. I've already bought 3 from Taobao hehe. But maybe a bit later then will have a need.

Baby high chair too? Or some kind of seat she can sit and lean on.

I was told we should also try to catch cues rather than going by dates. If she starts to take interest when we eat or try to grab our food then maybe she is ready to explore.

Oh for drinking cup my gal has in a way already started. She has been drinking water for more than a month now. I bought her this to let her familiarize with holding first. The top is still a teat. This one can transform into a straw top later part.

ImageUploadedByForum1480730475.053562.jpg

I'm sure the solid topic is gonna be hot soon for every mummy here :)

My sis uses this and she says good. But I think I got one Philips brand already. Have to go dig my storeroom.
View attachment 668167

For cereal, I have a personal take on this. I hear mil and pd say start cereal. I don't intend to nor will be buying offshelf when it's time. Those sitting in boxes are basically processed (don't need to cook). I'll be getting rice/oatmeal/barley etc and grind into powder and cook for 15mins. I guess cook in water then add FM to run it down a bit. Means I need to get a grinder oh.

I would like to start off with something natural like fruit/veg. Maybe avocado. Also add FM. I read beginning is really just one time of the day only to let her try try. Try same food 3-4days if no allergy then move on to another food.

Utensils I guess baby spoon and bowl. Those plastic and BPA safe. Also must get food thermal flask. Don't forget bibs that have reservoir to catch food. I've already bought 3 from Taobao hehe. But maybe a bit later then will have a need.

Baby high chair too? Or some kind of seat she can sit and lean on.

I was told we should also try to catch cues rather than going by dates. If she starts to take interest when we eat or try to grab our food then maybe she is ready to explore.
Bibs and high chair checked!

Food processor - I am thinking of avent 4-in-1. I tried before and it is convenient.

Why need food thermo flask? I probably just make enough for a few days. Freeze then make hot again. Is like making enough for the day.

@KWL - Little tuna is really getting better with the bottle, I'm quite pleased :) Thanks for your wishes, I need them! Your girl has improved tremendously, 80 ml is a good increase from 40/50 ml. Little KWL working hard to help you clear your freezer stash.

Sorry uh, food processor for what? I've never used one. I just steam those that need steaming eg broccoli, pumpkin, apple, pear, sweet corn etc, puree them, keep in food storage cube and freeze, I make weekly batches during weekend. After the cubes are frozen, I transfer to ziploc bags (separate bags for different foods) labelled with date and what contents are to bring to mum's place.
Before feed, warm up one cube, squeeze in a bit of bm to water down the consistency. If my mum feeds when I'm at work, she'll warm up in bottle (not sure how much as I squeeze from boob when I feed), add in whatever amount is needed to get the desired consistency, the rest of ebm in bottle she will give after bb finishes the semi-solid feed. Voila, one meal gao dim. Oh, I will feed a bit of water using the same spoon and bowl to wash mouth thereafter, then I latch her.
Once in a while, I will give a bit of organic brown rice cereal (those ready ones in boxes), I've tried Healthy Times.

For porridge, I start around 8 mths. I buy organic brown rice n bring to chinese medicine hall to grind into powder as it's easier to cook. Each time cook for one feed only. Will add a bit of pork/fish with veg like baby spinach as well as whatever pureed stuff available in fridge to the brown rice, I usually like pumpkin, broccoli, carrot for porridge as it's delicious. Sometimes, instead of brown rice, I use millet or oatmeal or even alphabet pasta.

First food I always give avocado, I start on day bb turns 6 mths or a couple of days later. First few times is really to get baby used to the texture and taste of something other than bottle and milk, so give very little as they are learning how to swallow semi-solids and get ready to snap lots of photos. It is a konica moment!

Will probably be using Pigeon baby food maker this round also. It is a 7 piece set that comprises a bowl with the masher thing around the sides for you to mash up chunky bits of food before feeding, also has a small fruit juicer, and other items for grinding / pounding / straining.

Food thermal flask I only use when bb is bigger, probably around 10 mths (or when she's eating porridge well) if we are out for the whole day and latching may not be enough, so need to bring porridge for her. If out for just a couple of hours, I'll just bring a banana and a spoon, scrape with spoon so it's very fine and feed.

@KWL - how I make cereal: spoon cereal (amount really depends on brand, but for a start, 1 or 2 teaspoon-sized spoons of cereal I think OK) into bowl, squeeze milk in, add avocado or warmed cube of pureed apple/pear/berry mix well and feed with spoon. I never put cereal into bottle as there is a risk of choking.

The above sharing is my own style nia, can other mummies share yours?

Thanks @tuna. Very detailed! I hope more can share then I can learn and find the best way for me.

As for freezer stash, haven't fed baby yet leh! I just use EBM and latching since I went back to work. I donate those expiring ones to my sil's baby who is a year older.

Forgot to say. The philip avent food processor is very convenient. I just have to dice the ingredients in the maker and it will steam. Once steaming is done, I just have to invert it for the blades to spin the content into purée. And viola!

U do a search for the 4-in-1 processor. I tried making carrot purée Using the philip trial set and it works very well.

Waiting for next baby fair to grab one.

My gal is having quite bad nappy rash. Partly she is pooping very frequently (due to more feed and was told this could be teething symptom as she is putting everything into her mouth). I'm going to switch to cloth diaper but at IFC will still be disposable but they are now changing her every 2 hrs instead of 3.

Anyone using cloth diapers? I think @snowfern is right? Moo moo kow ok?

My gal is having quite bad nappy rash. Partly she is pooping very frequently (due to more feed and was told this could be teething symptom as she is putting everything into her mouth). I'm going to switch to cloth diaper but at IFC will still be disposable but they are now changing her every 2 hrs instead of 3.

Anyone using cloth diapers? I think @snowfern is right? Moo moo kow ok?
I v cheapo de. I use rafraf, willow&sage, and Alva.

Rafraf always have booth at baby fairs, I buy 6 at a go, think was $59.90 with 100pc flushable diaper liners. But single gusset, so chances are might leak.

The w&s I'm not so fond of due to the pilling of the diaper covers, but i do like their charcoal inserts.

Alva is best bang for buck as it is double gusseted and slightly cheaper than w&s iirc. Comes up to be around 10+ per pc for the double gusseted ones.

And yes, bubbles has sensitive butt too, but since I switched to CD, never had to put diaper cream for her. I still use Huggies for after rota and when going out though. There was a weekend after 4 disposable diapers in a row she started getting rash again and had to apply desitin :(

@redvel u intro plain water at 5mths? How much of water you give? Ouch! Hope yr baby get well fr nappy rash.

@tuna wow! Very detailed on how to prepare and what food to intro. I better jot it down. Do you only feed one time per day to try out?

@Hopesolo1990 congrats!

On diaper change, I think I am in for trouble soon.

My litttle one usually doesn't pee much during first stretch of night sleep. It is like 50-75% still yellow. And it is usually 1-2am when I just got into deep sleep. Hence, we both just quickly latch and rush back to sleep.

Next wake is ard 4-5am. This time diaper is wet. Can change or wait for another round type. But I chose not to change because I tried before and she woke up with eyes wide. I rather not risk.

So by 7+, I will drive her to my mum place. They bathe at 8+.

In essence, I never change diaper for 12hr most of the time. I think I am in for something big soon.

How ah? Any advice?

@KWL I will change once is 75% full even she is in deep sleep cos I very scare get nappy rash and to let her sleep more comfortable. Don't think is a gd idea to leave it so long.

I would change. Bubbles hates having wet diaper and cannot sleep well through it. If I change frequently she pee frequently. If I don't, she will hold. Not good for kidneys/bladder and can cause uti. Diaper rash is the least of my worries given I'm diabetic, and she might be predisposed towards it.

May I suggest for your motn latch, u change her before u latch? Bubbles used to this so the moment I open her diaper she will tone down her hungry whining....maybe kwl-jr also?

If she is in disposables, I will change every 3hrs max, wet or not. Cos she got eczema and sposies trap heat and sweat. If cloth I can drag till 6hrs if dun leak...haha

@emk - yea, I'm still enjoying my leave, happiness. Don't want to think of office now, it's a bad depressing.
Waa, the pee shoot up got dio you or not?

@sarah - no time to shop? So wasted! You going BKK soon is it? Or I remembered wrongly? The tooth pop out liao gotta start brushing liao, or you already started?

@snowfern - bubbles too smart liao, start cold war with you already! Lol!! Poor snowfern! Next time must wear mask before feeding her medicine...
I think there's the unsweetened version for oatmilk, in case you want to try one day. Have you eliminated the common wind-causing foods like broccoli, onion etc?

Little tuna is doing a first - sleeping on her front. She was flipping in sleep, halfway through flip, she stopped, like battery totally flat, so I rolled her onto tummy to see if she'll protest, ok wo, she's sleeping soundly. I shall roll her back before I sleep. Her temp seems ok.
Hope bubbles' fever will break quickly and you all can get a good sleep. Press on!
Haha yesterday after 48hr mark I bring bubbles papazao liow! There was a group chat outing for hg mummies, very fun to meet new faces! Bubbles one kind de lor, play diva. Go there little while hungry, then koon. Good thing hubby bbwear her, so I could flit around and frighten other bb lol

Ya, already eliminated raffinose foods. Jin sad. Used to love eating onions! I think I forget how they taste like le. I even reduce or avoid foods that are cooked alongside onions. I will go look for unsweetened oatmilk, I recall some mummies discussing it. But can only get at cold storage, or atas NTUC! Thanks for the reminder!

So far soy milk seems a bit OK, dare not go over 1 cup. She does still get bloated, so I'm not sure if it is the soy milk or oily food. The only sure way to find out is to get her allergen tested. But even so is inaccurate due the relative small volume of intake, according to PD. He say mummy life already jin hard, why make myself more miserable if her case is mild. Since she is already a lot better and sleeping /napping more, I try not to restrict my foods too much also. Or else wind up I weak , no milk for her...give her gut time to mature lor bopian.

@snowfern - happy to hear u are relaxing your food restrictions. I see you control so hard I feel jin siong for u.
As for unsweetened oatmilk, normal ntucs carry it, at the organic section.
Diva Bubbles, lol! Make guest appearance only.

On diaper change, I think I am in for trouble soon.

My litttle one usually doesn't pee much during first stretch of night sleep. It is like 50-75% still yellow. And it is usually 1-2am when I just got into deep sleep. Hence, we both just quickly latch and rush back to sleep.

Next wake is ard 4-5am. This time diaper is wet. Can change or wait for another round type. But I chose not to change because I tried before and she woke up with eyes wide. I rather not risk.

So by 7+, I will drive her to my mum place. They bathe at 8+.

In essence, I never change diaper for 12hr most of the time. I think I am in for something big soon.

How ah? Any advice?
I'm like you, I totally understand risk of waking her up vs risk of rash. Dio a few times, changed her and she woke and wanted to be carried for 2 hrs, tired die me. I just apply a layer of bottom barrier balm on the entire area for last diaper change before she sleeps, so far no problem.

@redvel u intro plain water at 5mths? How much of water you give? Ouch! Hope yr baby get well fr nappy rash.

@tuna wow! Very detailed on how to prepare and what food to intro. I better jot it down. Do you only feed one time per day to try out?

@Hopesolo1990 congrats!
Ya, for the first two weeks or so, I only feed in the morning, once she's swallowing well, I add another feed (usually some kind of fruit puree) in late afternoon.
Snowfern posted a food chart for babies a few pages back, that one very useful. Can search for it.

@KWL oh dear! Dun want to sleep at all? Try feeding? Maybe stomach full willl slp? Mine now going through growth spurt stage. My milk haven replenish from 1 plus am and she hungry liao.. heng got excess supply and gave her 100ml. She KO now..

@Evafantasy, I fill the milk bottle half full and let her decide how much she wants. Sometimes just 10ml sometimes she takes even 50ml when she feels like drinking water and not milk (save my money haha). Averagely she takes about just 10-20ml between feeds.

I was recommended this cream called Sudocrem. Hunted high n low yesterday and found it at mothercare.

My gal has super inflamed nappy rash and I applied last night. Just one time I can see drastic improvement already. So for those whom may be facing nappy rash can consider.

Other things I do now is converted her to cloth diaper and let her go full monty down there as much as possible at home.

@tuna Bangkok trip is in Jan, will be going with le hub :) Just the 2 of us HAHA~

Actually I didn't know that need to start brushing his teeth once it pops out leh, think I need to go Kiddy Palace to shop again.

On how to start on solids, I'm really CLUELESS! Thanks Tuna for the advice, shall learn from you WAHAHA :)

Nowadays Ian is very curious when we are having our meal, just yesterday he kept looking at his dad's breakfast :p

https://instagram.com/p/BNk2d9OgGYpLme5kvWjRhaViBEVsiI44IwJL300/

We also put him in a high chair so he will be sitting with us when we are having meals together as a family. This way I feel he won't feel so left out when we are eating and he's lying on the sofa himself :)

Little Ian is so cute!!! Must be thinking daddy food so yummy! How I wish I can travel also. Now already passed 1 mth and I am still stuck at home. Cannot step out of the hse except in buy impt stuffs with my husband and checkup. Offer to bring my dog down also jio reject cos he say later Erin cry how? Aiyo... I am grounded.

@sarah which courier service Tula use? I'm too excited and selected my billing/shipping address the same leh now then realize nobody will be at home. And where u buy your Tula accessories ?
My boy also very curious about my food too,i eating half way and saw a little hand grabbing my plate, luckily I'm fast enough to remove his hand, or else my food will fall all over the place.

@tuna when u going back to work ? Haha u got so many days of leave. Shiok!!!
He pee shoot on me and all over the bedsheet too .. Sigh make me very busy

@emk Tula is using the USPS to ship to me. For accessories, I engaged AngeLycia to help make my Wild Hearts. You can find her in fb by searching AngeLycia - UniqueliUrs.

Reactions: emk
@tuna when u going back to work ? Haha u got so many days of leave. Shiok!!!
He pee shoot on me and all over the bedsheet too .. Sigh make me very busy
With my own leave and about 2 mths of unpaid leave, I will return to work earliest April / May next year.

Haha, the challenges of a boy baby - learning to be fast enough to siam + catch the flying pee!

@tuna Bangkok trip is in Jan, will be going with le hub :) Just the 2 of us HAHA~

Actually I didn't know that need to start brushing his teeth once it pops out leh, think I need to go Kiddy Palace to shop again.

On how to start on solids, I'm really CLUELESS! Thanks Tuna for the advice, shall learn from you WAHAHA :)

Nowadays Ian is very curious when we are having our meal, just yesterday he kept looking at his dad's breakfast :p

https://instagram.com/p/BNk2d9OgGYpLme5kvWjRhaViBEVsiI44IwJL300/

We also put him in a high chair so he will be sitting with us when we are having meals together as a family. This way I feel he won't feel so left out when we are eating and he's lying on the sofa himself :)
Some start when the first tooth erupts, some wait a bit. That's for the usual cases of first tooth appearing around the same time that the baby starts semi - solids because leftover food and milk in mouth can pool to cause tooth decay. Since Ian is still fully on milk, can wait a little, or if you want to get him used to the feel of the finger brush, can start also :)

Can check if the Tula u are getting is baby carrier or toddler carrier?

Is baby carrier. They have two types, standard which can use since birth with baby insert till baby height 70cm then can use without insert. Another type is toddle carrier. I get their standard Tula

Dear all, do U have any babysitter in Tampines st 83 to introduce me? My son currently 4 mth +
Please contact me at 87269436

Thanks.

@emk I see. I went to see see and so tempted to buy too. But Erin still too small, cannot use yet.

To ride on, actually with an infant insert, baby can also carry by Tula. :) It's very comfortable for them to sleep inside. That's why they keep saying Tula has lots of sleep dust :D

Some start when the first tooth erupts, some wait a bit. That's for the usual cases of first tooth appearing around the same time that the baby starts semi - solids because leftover food and milk in mouth can pool to cause tooth decay. Since Ian is still fully on milk, can wait a little, or if you want to get him used to the feel of the finger brush, can start also :)

Yup, maybe wait awhile more before i start to brush his teeth. Ohh man, i don't think it's going to be an easy job trying to open his mouth and use the toothbrush o_O

Hi mummies I'm back.. wow it's has been a long while since I last posted and this thread is still so happening.
@redvel: I'm juz wondering is our babies 5mth old or into their 6mth now? Ours is 1st July babies So by right 1st dec they would have completed their 5months Liao ma...

correct me if I'm wrong coz I'm planning to intro solid these 2 weeks.. and I'm planning to stop bf by 6 mth.. so I'm trying very very hard to sustain my supply now..

My girl still can't flip from front to tummy but if I put her on tummy, she will flip back.. other than that not much milestone leh

@sarah: did u survive the plane expressing?? I tried to do it discreetly but on the way back, I realized quite a number pair of eyes staring at me..
I also managed to freeze all my bm back but it's was a really siong experience.. really not advisable to travel while still expressing milk. With irregular time to pump my supply really dropped a lot. For 9 days I only managed to pump 11 packs of 300ml milk.. so sad.

How I wish to have KWL prob of not enough freezer space!!!

Hi mummies I'm back.. wow it's has been a long while since I last posted and this thread is still so happening.
@redvel: I'm juz wondering is our babies 5mth old or into their 6mth now? Ours is 1st July babies So by right 1st dec they would have completed their 5months Liao ma...

correct me if I'm wrong coz I'm planning to intro solid these 2 weeks.. and I'm planning to stop bf by 6 mth.. so I'm trying very very hard to sustain my supply now..

My girl still can't flip from front to tummy but if I put her on tummy, she will flip back.. other than that not much milestone leh

Should be into their 6th month, but haven't complete the whole month yet. My baby is born on 3rd July, so in a way it's like 5 month 2 days old. HAHA~

Don't worry too much about the flipping, different babies different pace, as long as eating well and active, it's fine :D

@sarah: did u survive the plane expressing?? I tried to do it discreetly but on the way back, I realized quite a number pair of eyes staring at me..
I also managed to freeze all my bm back but it's was a really siong experience.. really not advisable to travel while still expressing milk. With irregular time to pump my supply really dropped a lot. For 9 days I only managed to pump 11 packs of 300ml milk.. so sad.

How I wish to have KWL prob of not enough freezer space!!!

Yup, no one stare at me leh, or I just ignore it? I took the window seat, so quite discreet. And I use my winter jacket to act as my nursing cover instead cause it's big and pong pong, so no one knows i'm actually pumping underneath.

To be honest, it's tiring to pump on the go. Especially whole day meeting with companies. I managed to pump once in their office while they're having nap (after lunch) using my manual pump and I bought my FTG along, so manage to keep my bm fresh before I go back to my hotel. Make up the lost pumping time by doing 2 times pump MOTN.

Ganbatte Mummy! It's going to be the 6th month soon!~;)

Thanks @tuna. It was a calculated risk. I am not working these two days. So that is why I decided to take the chance of changing diapers hahaha

Hey @verluv! I think u are doing quite well leh. 11 x 300ml is a lot too. It all depends how much ur little one is drinking. Mine is only drinking 80-90ml per 2-3 hr feed. So I am more relaxed mode.

On milestones, I just taught my little one how to do a hi-5! It's not a perfect one though. On that command, she will open her palm wide and wait for me to tap tap! Maybe u all can try too!

Back