TCM (Thomson Chinese Medicine)

afyn

I'm actually heading for TCM at NUH on 10thDec to consult the dr. regards to fertility acupuncture.
Is it only for ladies or they hv it for men too?

We hv been tcc for 3yrs & had done 2 cycles of IVF in KKH(w/o acupuncture) but failed =(
So am thinking of trying along with acupuncture for my 3rd Ivf Cycle in NUH.

Anyone would like to share their experience with TCM at NUH? Or anywhere else..Appreciate it.
Which Dr. and the estimated cost.

If from NUH any recommended Dr.?

Also has anyone tried Profertil tablets?

I think the one at clementi the tcm is better at Thomson Chinese medicine as I used to see Thomson but last Saturday I switched to clementi

I think the one at clementi the tcm is better at Thomson Chinese medicine as I used to see Thomson but last Saturday I switched to clementi

I wonder whether TCM works. I used to see at Thomson Chinese medicine housed in the hospital. Why do you say Thomson no good and switched?

The doctor just goes by the book. The clementi one was more detailed. I'm going to see him again later in the afternoon.

I saw Thomson Chinese medical at i12 katong but it had recently closed down on 12 November 2016. So I switched to clementi one. I did 2 rounds of iui n failed. Very sad.

I saw Thomson Chinese medical at i12 katong but it had recently closed down on 12 November 2016. So I switched to clementi one. I did 2 rounds of iui n failed. Very sad.

Hi. Is the consultation ex for the clementi one? My appt this afternoon as well. Just failed 1st round of iui

This cycle both of us in all spent about sgd339 for everything. Thomson Chinese medical was more ex in my opinion. How did yours go about just now?

This cycle both of us in all spent about sgd339 for everything. Thomson Chinese medical was more ex in my opinion. How did yours go about just now?

Is the acupuncture just for u or along with hubby too? May I know total how many sessions?

Mine was $119, will be going back later with my hubby as he wasnt able to go with me just now.

Is the acupuncture just for u or along with hubby too? May I know total how many sessions?
This cycle I did one session of acupuncture only. And my husband consultation was sgd35 for 1st meeting. Today's one nothing for my husband

This cycle I did one session of acupuncture only. And my husband consultation was sgd35 for 1st meeting. Today's one nothing for my husband

You only did 1 acupuncture before ovulation? After ovulation need to do for implantation? How many times you went? Actually i also feel that he is better than the thomson tcm.

I only went 2 rounds this cycle. My first cycle with him was already 10th day of menses cycle. U also went to see clementi Dr tan?I thought u went Thomson Chinese medical at nuh?

I only went 2 rounds this cycle. My first cycle with him was already 10th day of menses cycle. U also went to see clementi Dr tan?I thought u went Thomson Chinese medical at nuh?

Hi debuna, does the tcm medicine delay your menses? Seems like mine is delayed. Not sure its because of the failed iui or its the medicine. Cant seems to detect my ovulation yet.

anyone see tcm and successful preg? i will be going first time in jan 2017. the fee will be ex?

Hi Dear.. I'm with TCM @ NUH. Its ard $460 or $480 like that i cant recall. for total of 6 sessions. not inclusive of consultation and medication if needed.

this is my 3rd cycle IVF. 2 failed ones are w/o Acupuncture. so this 3rd round I decided to go with TCM first.

Anyway dearies, i'm just wondering if any ladies out here has irregular menses but manage to get preg naturally/or via ivf ?

My menses are quite irregular.
On a "regular" basis its about 50 days apart.

Once it didnt came for almost 4mths. (Most likely due to stress coz was goin tru my 1st IVF cycle. and u know with IVF u have to get ur menses in order to proceed with the procedure..so ya. very stress)

And now its almost 3 mths. The last menses i got was the BFN after my 2ww on my 2nd IVF cycle. :(
I'm quite sure i'm not preg tho. Did hpt 2wks back. Negative.

I hope this TCM can help to regulate my menses.

Anyway dearies, i'm just wondering if any ladies out here has irregular menses but manage to get preg naturally/or via ivf ?

My menses are quite irregular.
On a "regular" basis its about 50 days apart.

Once it didnt came for almost 4mths. (Most likely due to stress coz was goin tru my 1st IVF cycle. and u know with IVF u have to get ur menses in order to proceed with the procedure..so ya. very stress)

And now its almost 3 mths. The last menses i got was the BFN after my 2ww on my 2nd IVF cycle. :(
I'm quite sure i'm not preg tho. Did hpt 2wks back. Negative.

I hope this TCM can help to regulate my menses.
Hi! I just failed my first ivf cycle, I was wondering if you could share did the nuh tcm helped in your ivf?

Hi! I just failed my first ivf cycle, I was wondering if you could share did the nuh tcm helped in your ivf?
Hi dear..sorry to hear abt ur failed cycle..May I know wher u did ur ivf? anyways, i hope u are managing well..

At the moment I'm only focusing on TCM(Acupuncture) which I'm doing once every wk..
My focus is to regulate my menses.. I've been w/ TCM since mid Dec last yr. But so far my menses is stil abit 'irregular". But i know my body tend to react veryyyy slow to any type of medication/treatment. But the TCM does help on other factors.. the physician did advise me to avoid "cold" food as my "inside" is already cold..the ying yang stuff..used to have backaches often now seems betta..

anyways I have not officially start my ivf with NUH.. as i'm trying to understand how my body works and conceive naturally if possible. I already had 2 failed cycle under KKH. with no surviving eggs left after each cycle(& I hv like 16-20 eggs taken out from me in each cycle)..so I'm left with my last IVF cycle(Under Gov subsidy). And i don want to rush into it like i did fr my previous cycles.

Dont mind me giving u some tips/advise i got from the TCM?
You can check your temperature the 1st thing wen u open ur eyes every morning.
( w/o even getting up frm the bed & try to take ard the same timing each morning)
If ur temp rises up to 0.5degrees it cud mean tat u are ovulating =)
eg : each morning ur temp est. ard 35.6- 35.8degrees , then it rise to 36.4 one morning. This cud mean u r ovulating. And suitable time to try to conceive.
The best is to also use ovulating kit to confirm. ( You can buy them in Qoo10. Quite cheap comparing to retail)
you can also check ur cervical mucus..
https://www.babycenter.com/101_what-cervical-mucus-looks-like-through-your-cycle_10351429.bc

If ur menses is regular these might help...

You can also try and see the physician to understand your inner body.. the charges is ard $480 if i'm not wrong (for 6 sessions) -not inclusive of consultation and medication.
Maybe ur body can accept the TCM treatment better than mine.. worth a try =)

Back