Thyroid

Hi i have hyperthyroidism n i have 2 girls aged 7 n 3. U have to get it under control first before trying cos else chances of miscarriage is high. Wen i was preg i had to see my endocrinologist monthly to ensure lvls are ok. Take gd care of yr health. Jy!

Hi mummies, seem like all of you have hyperthyroidism during pregnancy? What's the cause of hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism?

For me, I didn't know I had hypothyroidism until I went for a detailed checkup on why I have not been able to conceive my 2nd child after 8 mths. My first child was conceived after 4 mths of TTC. Blood test showed I have hypothyroid and explained why I din't ovulate monthly even though I have menses mthly. This also explained why my menstrual cycles were irregular and I couldn't pinpoint my ovulation day even with a Basal Body thermometer.

After knowing I have this condition, doc advised me to take clomid to stimulate ovulation on the 2nd day of my menses. I then
waited and waited but menses didn't come and lo and behold, I tried the pregnancy test and was happy tt I conceived without clomid! :)

Up til now, I have no idea if I have hypo after 1st pregnancy and before 2nd pregnancy or during start of 2nd pregnancy? I was immediate given levothyroxine medication for both my and my baby's safety.

My 2nd child was born a healthy boy without thyroid condition and is now 4 yrs old. Recently, my blood test was abnormal and doc reduced my thyroid med. This caused my weight to go up by 2 kg in 3 mths, worsening my mood as hypo patients tend to be depressed, sluggish, tired etc. Very sad abt my condition. Doc said must take med for life. Is there really no cure for hypo? What are the dosage that you ladies are taking currently? I'm on 50 mcg daily and even though blood test results are fine now, I still have the symptoms of feeling tired forever, sad etc. Are you ladies doing anything to be free of thyroid which comes with many side-effects?

Hi mummies, seem like all of you have hyperthyroidism during pregnancy? What's the cause of hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism?

For me, I didn't know I had hypothyroidism until I went for a detailed checkup on why I have not been able to conceive my 2nd child after 8 mths. My first child was conceived after 4 mths of TTC. Blood test showed I have hypothyroid and explained why I din't ovulate monthly even though I have menses mthly. This also explained why my menstrual cycles were irregular and I couldn't pinpoint my ovulation day even with a Basal Body thermometer.

After knowing I have this condition, doc advised me to take clomid to stimulate ovulation on the 2nd day of my menses. I then
waited and waited but menses didn't come and lo and behold, I tried the pregnancy test and was happy tt I conceived without clomid! :)

Up til now, I have no idea if I have hypo after 1st pregnancy and before 2nd pregnancy or during start of 2nd pregnancy? I was immediate given levothyroxine medication for both my and my baby's safety.

My 2nd child was born a healthy boy without thyroid condition and is now 4 yrs old. Recently, my blood test was abnormal and doc reduced my thyroid med. This caused my weight to go up by 2 kg in 3 mths, worsening my mood as hypo patients tend to be depressed, sluggish, tired etc. Very sad abt my condition. Doc said must take med for life. Is there really no cure for hypo? What are the dosage that you ladies are taking currently? I'm on 50 mcg daily and even though blood test results are fine now, I still have the symptoms of feeling tired forever, sad etc. Are you ladies doing anything to be free of thyroid which comes with many side-effects?

Hi movenpick, my mum has thyroid, and 3 yrs my doc says that i'm slightly hypo, i dont want to start taking med, and so i started taking organic extra virgin coconut oil, recent results show that readings went down a little - still dont need to take med, and so i guess the coconut oil do help - for my case..

Hi,I was told by the doctor that I have hypothyroid.can this condition be treated naturally?do ppl with this condition have to rely totally on medication for life?it that any successful case of being cured?

Back