Should be we heartless employer toward maid??

clanbuster2

Just to say sorry that myenglishnot good.

Ref to case study

1) http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/g...e-to-cover-medical-expenses-of-maid-with-rare

2) http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/ar...er-pay-26000-medical-bill-after-maids-surgery

I had a case for myself whichihad a sick maid after working morethen1 year.

My dad passed away due to sickness and currently my mum also sick for 3 years.

Because of the sickness,ihad to quit my project manager job and become Sales Engineer

asican travel around and freedom. Also at the sametime ihad to force to buy a car because ofsalesjob and o thatican fetch my mum checkup almost 2 times per week.

Recently 1 year back,i hademploya maid to take care of my mum.Howeverthinggoworst to me, my maid very sick and needoperation. The bill went to $26k and exclude post treatment. My insurance only cover $15k (max). I had not much $ to cover her due to I already spend most $$ on mum and also passed away dad medical.(previously)

Becausei'mdoing sales job,imanage to knowafew directors and bosses. Most of them able to lend me $$ which i had shown them the invoice from hospital. THE QUESTION IS:

Most of them said I am a fool/stupid. I should immediate send my maid back. Because if I heal her, I had to bare the cost. Some said” Good to employee, heartless to yourself( employer). Some bosses also said, if any of their employee got sickness case, they will send them back immediate, because they seem many case. They did alot of them as good hearted bosses and end up bear all the cost. One of the bosses which i most admire, also tell me same reason. He had see to many of this and they had many employee and no choice to be a good employer. He told me that I am still too kind to heal my maid and he is the one who gave me $20k to standby first and told me not a worry, this is my first time and told me I will learn. He told me at first he also good and kind employer and slowly become heartless.

SO currently my maid still on-going post treatment and is very difficult for her to take care my mum. Should I stop helping her?

In future when encounter same issue, be good employer or heartless?

What will you do if this your case?

http://maid-employer.blogspot.com/2016/07/maidfdws-dental-and-medical.html

Many non-FDW employers are unaware that basic insurance has to be purchased before FDW's work permit is approved. This basic insurance can be upgraded but still unable to cover the full costs of FDW's hospitalisation/surgery BECAUSE FDWs' medical expenses are charged at private rate, not subsided or same medical class as her Singaporean employer, eg C class patient.

There's so much on our shoulders. The law isn't in our favour because MOM assumed employers are loaded, felt FDWs are employed not based on necessity but a luxury. People just felt being able to employ a FDW, means we're rich! They assumed, to part with SGD90,000 (read my blog) is like 90,000 peso or rupiah. How come people can be so unfair and prejudice against FDWs' employers?

Nowadays, I felt abandoned animals are treated better than FDWs' employers/me .... really don't understand human mind and the policy makers' logic. So sad I have to depend on FDW to play the role of caregiver for my special needs teen. Don't know how long my teen is living ... I need to work full-time for a living, need money! Govt isn't helping us because we looked like predators, not victims or anybody deserving help from our own PAP.

Back