Any natural solutions for baby eczema?

Chriswfc

Hi mummies,

My six months old baby boy is having eczema since he was two months old. The symptoms comes and goes and still ongoing. I've tried on the cream given by doc which contain steroids, and I had stop using it for a while consider the long term effect on skin. But everytime when my boy's eczema flare up, there is nothing I can do to stop the itch and he keep scratching. We hold his hands in order for him to scratch, but it is very heart breaking to see him in such agony. I am searching for natural solutions to help improve his condition, whether is on the symptoms or if possible, on the root cause. I've been trying on a few natural remedies such as pot of gold, propolis balm, calendura cream but none works much effect on him. Anyone have suggestion on natural ways to improve baby eczema, pls do share, I am really depress to see my bb undergo such hell condition and desperately needing help...a million thanks in advance...

Hi Chris,

My son having the eczema when he was about 5 months old. Infant care Teacher advise me to take probiotic supplement for him. I have do some research that showing microorganisms having the ability to prevent the triad of allergies, eczema and asthma. If you interested then I can email you the detail of the probiotic supplement detail. My email : [email protected]

Hi Chris,

My sons suffers from ecezma. My elder one started when he was about 4 months with very bad ecezma on his face and was on steriods until all was clear. He is 7 now and on and off he still has it.

My younger one has his bout of ecezma when he was 5 months and now he is 7 months. He was more fortunate than his elder brother as I was introduced to this 100% therapuetic grade essential oils that helped cleared his ecezma naturally. Within one week of application, his ecezma cleared.

I wished i had found out about this nature cure earlier for my No1. Now both of them uses it and so far cleared of all rashes (touch wood!)

You can PM me for more details

Hi Chris,

My son having the eczema when he was about 5 months old. Infant care Teacher advise me to take probiotic supplement for him. I have do some research that showing microorganisms having the ability to prevent the triad of allergies, eczema and asthma. If you interested then I can email you the detail of the probiotic supplement detail. My email : [email protected]

Hi superior baby,

I had given my baby probiotic since this month. I dont know whether it helps or not cause his eczema still flares. Anyway, thanks for sharing such information. Do let me know about any solutions if you have one...thank you...

Hi Chris,

Be patiance. I have do some research on eczema. Probiotic really help, but your probiotic also content prebiotic? A good probiotic also need to be coded layer so its will not be destroy by the gastric acid if not it become helpless. Can you watapps me at 81861573, I wan to show you a cream that you can buy from guardian. This lotion is prescribe by doc hope it can help u.Doc have given me 2 cream to apply and this one can apply long term not like steroid cream.

My DS1 and I have eczema:
- I have it since a baby and it helps by avoiding the triggering causes (dust mite, too much air-con, perspiration, jewellery with nickel / silver / etc., seafood and too much meat).

- My DS1 had it seriously from 5+ to 14 months old, a big red patch on his cheek. Often very itchy and he scratched / rubbed till it bled. By chance, we realised he has soy allergy. (I drank soy milk and ate soy products while breastfeeding him.) After I stopped taking soy for 2 weeks, his bad eczema cleared. Now, he gets occasional patches behind knees, if he perspires. So I'll wipe him with a damp cloth after he perspires.

So I believe that eliminating the root cause(s) that triggers the flare-ups is the most effective. Followed by good diet and skin care. It takes trial and error to find out the triggers. If you suspect causes such as dust mite, food (e.g. egg / milk), then try elimination. Or seek an allergist's help to test what the triggers are.For instance, if a child's eczema is caused by cow dairy products, no matter what skin care products he applies, he'll still get the flare-ups by drinking cow's milk every day.

Hope this helps and all the best!

(More sharing at http://www.mummysreviews.com/2010/10/04/29-tips-to-fight-babys-eczema/)

My DS1 and I have eczema:
- I have it since a baby and it helps by avoiding the triggering causes (dust mite, too much air-con, perspiration, jewellery with nickel / silver / etc., seafood and too much meat).

- My DS1 had it seriously from 5+ to 14 months old, a big red patch on his cheek. Often very itchy and he scratched / rubbed till it bled. By chance, we realised he has soy allergy. (I drank soy milk and ate soy products while breastfeeding him.) After I stopped taking soy for 2 weeks, his bad eczema cleared. Now, he gets occasional patches behind knees, if he perspires. So I'll wipe him with a damp cloth after he perspires.

So I believe that eliminating the root cause(s) that triggers the flare-ups is the most effective. Followed by good diet and skin care. It takes trial and error to find out the triggers. If you suspect causes such as dust mite, food (e.g. egg / milk), then try elimination. Or seek an allergist's help to test what the triggers are.For instance, if a child's eczema is caused by cow dairy products, no matter what skin care products he applies, he'll still get the flare-ups by drinking cow's milk every day.

Hope this helps and all the best!

(More sharing at http://www.mummysreviews.com/2010/10/04/29-tips-to-fight-babys-eczema/)

Hello Mievee,

I am aware of looking for what trigger his eczema, but I still dont know what he is allergic to. I try switching his cow milk formula to soy milk formula and it does not make any difference. At this age, he only took rice cereal and milk, and yet before he had rice cereal, he already had eczema. I wish I could do allergy test for my baby but I dont have any allergy centre to do so, for your info, I am not staying in Singapore. Anyway, thank you for your information, appreciate it.

Hi mummies, probably you wan to try giving ur kids super chlorophyll to drink because it helps to counteract any toxin that was eaten and at the same time it reduces the inflammation. My son is having eczema too and he keeps scratching esp when the weather is hot. I let him drink chlorophyll and at the same time apply green tea oil on the affected areas. I noticed that he stop scratching and his skin improved. Probably you can give it a try. PM me if you wan to know more.

Eczema will goes off when he/she grows older. It's the weather - too humid and hot. Calendura cream (California baby brand) works well on eczema. You can get it from selected Wastons and NTUC extra. The rashes will slowly heal after applying and it take time. Of course you wouldn't see the effect as fast when you use steroid cream. Please note that steroid cream will thin the skin. I myself is a eczema suffer for more than 10 over years and my skin had thin over the years of using steroid cream. I uses California baby Calendura cream and it works good. Just to share.

hi mommies, my six month old son has eczema too. i also try to avoid using the steroid cream prescribed by the doctor. i have tried using this organic herbal cream but it seems my son is still allergic to it?! in fact the rashes got worse. can anyone advise me why this happens? if he is allergic to organic stuff then what else can he apply?!

Have you heard of Kanken water? If you know anyone who have this water purifying machine at home, ask them for some ph3.5 water. Put in a small spray bottle n can be kept in the fridge for up to a week. If you need help getting it, let me know. I find out location at your convenience. My niece also having eczema around your babies age. Tried numerous natural creams, some works but $x. Use Cetephil (wrong spelling but something like that) body shampoo don't shower them with too warm water. tape water if they are older and can take it. Kanken water is highly recommended.

hi mommies, my six month old son has eczema too. i also try to avoid using the steroid cream prescribed by the doctor. i have tried using this organic herbal cream but it seems my son is still allergic to it?! in fact the rashes got worse. can anyone advise me why this happens? if he is allergic to organic stuff then what else can he apply?!

Even natural ingredient is also a potential trigger. E.g. essential oils, herbs, etc. Every ingredient that makes up the cream must be a non-trigger to help, so the less number of ingredients, the easier to figure out what works.

Even natural ingredient is also a potential trigger. E.g. essential oils, herbs, etc. Every ingredient that makes up the cream must be a non-trigger to help, so the less number of ingredients, the easier to figure out what works.
If you would like to try kanken water to spray onto his skin, I can find out where you can get it near your location. Try to monitor which food he might be allergic to. Was he having this problem when solely on milk feed. My three years old niece was allergic to fish. If she stick to vegetables, no problem with her.

Hi mummies , you cn buy 100 % organic spirulina which is lauded by the World Health Organization(WHO)as the Best healthcare product of the 21st century Spirulina.Its miraculous health benefits are widely known .It also plays an important role for women who are preparing to conceive , during pregnancy, breastfeeding and for babies in their infancy and toddler stages.There are abundant testimonies from spirulina babies which I can show you .for further details, pls WA me at 90901266.I have eczema and doctor has prescribed me steroid content cream , but I refused to apply as I am breastfeeding .He even gave me all kinds of drugs which I barely use .So , I came upon this spirulina and I have healed , 1 week after consumption .I am still consuming it due to its many health benefits .Most food we ate are usually tend to be acidic and our body needs 80% alkaline and only 20% acidic level , mind u .Most of the root cause of problems are because our body is too acidic .Hence , this spirulina works by introducing alkalinity in our body , in a way curing our root cause of problems .

Hi mummies, ever tried chlorophyll powder? definitely all natural. Just mix w a bit of water, make into cream-like and apply directly. can pm me if you're keen to give it a try. it's v cheap too.

I would like share my son's ezcema conditions with everyone here.
He had it since birth. Steroids n antibiotic cream were used for a few years till about 2 years back when I decided to stop relying on these harmful creams. From then on, I have tried many remedies like dermatological products eg cetaphil cream, chinese physician, light vinegar, metal detoxification, some other cream product claiming for help in eczema... my son's skin was still red n patchy.
Recently I have started to use emu oil which I purchased oversea via online (not from smh bulk purchase). My son has been using it for about 2 months. Conditions improved n no longer red n patchy. However he still scratches it. I'll still continue with this emu oil to see if it helps to improve further or at least maintain the current skin conditions. At the same time, I'm going to start him on probiotic.

I use california baby calendula cream on my sons eczema. It's organic and natural, very effective. I clean his eczema areas more times a day and apply the cream. Also I read oatmeal bath is very good for eczema so I tried Aveeno baby bath with oatmeal. His eczema is reducing. Aveeno Baby also has a range of products called Eczema therapy.. Rated very well on Amazon.. I'm gonna try that soon too.. All the products above can be bought bulk purchase thread.. :)

Hi mummies, the top 3 causes of eczema are due to the following:

1) Genes - So if parents or grandparents have the gene, it's likely baby will inherit eczema.
2) Cow's Milk Allergy - According to a study here, 1 in 20 babies suffer from this. Eliminate all dairy from baby and breastfeeding mummy's diet, apparently for those with CMA, even breastmilk's milk proteins can trigger it, if mummy takes dairy products. So if baby has the following, eczema/colic/vomitting, likely to be a case of cow's milk allergy.
3) Defective Skin Barrier - Skin is unable to retain moisture, leading to dry skin and microscopic cracks that allow germs/irritants/bacteria to enter and cause inflammation. Most babies suffer from this and it's recommended to use a gentle moisturizer to lock in moisture, ointments are preferably over creams, which contain ~50% water and unable to create an effective barrier over skin. Creams are not as effective in hydrating skin as compared to ointments or balms. Tell-tale sign of defective skin barrier would be baby has rash patches everywhere, but nappy area is clear and smooth (due to constantly moist environment).

There's more info HERE. For an organic and natural moisturizer, the Baby Eczema Miracle Balm has received many rave reviews as well as before-and-after testimonials. Hope this info helps. =)

Coconut Oil - I have found that a thin layer of coconut oil or oil lotion bar helps cool eczema itching and pain.

Hi mummies, put some Tapioca Flour on the eczema spot.

Yes, its the Tapioca Flour you use for cooking.

My granny told me this. This is 100% safe to use as this is food ingredient.

I have tried medication that my doc gave, but I everytime I use it, im afraid that it might get into his mouth as he would rub his face and put his fingers in his mouth.

:)

Let me know if this works for your babies too..

mine also affected badly with eczema when he was young few month old but now at 16 month, most outgrow liao.
Will come back when he about to fall sick or when too hot...so like a warning sign for me loh

is he on BM? Mine was allergic to chocolate so i stop eating chocolate.
Than now he drinking HA milk.

I am using coconut oil + essential oil to maintain now.

Hi Chris,

My sons suffers from ecezma. My elder one started when he was about 4 months with very bad ecezma on his face and was on steriods until all was clear. He is 7 now and on and off he still has it.

My younger one has his bout of ecezma when he was 5 months and now he is 7 months. He was more fortunate than his elder brother as I was introduced to this 100% therapuetic grade essential oils that helped cleared his ecezma naturally. Within one week of application, his ecezma cleared.

I wished i had found out about this nature cure earlier for my No1. Now both of them uses it and so far cleared of all rashes (touch wood!)

I would like to where I can get the essential oil. My elder son eczema really very bad from 5 mth till 5 yr old now

My friend LO had a bad eczema too. Tried essential oil and cream but doesn't seems to help. She brought her son for swimming lesson and surprisingly his eczema recovered. You can try and bring your LO for some swimming at the pool and see if it helps

mine was with eczema from 3rd mths n now shes 11mths 3rd wk, still having it on n off
but wat i do was to maintain her soap, lotions..
ill bathe her alternatively with QV bathoil together with bamboo salt for body wash (see the pix attached)
so far so good but it depends on the weather too if its to hot n dry she will tend to get it back
but not as jialat as last time.. so ill only use elomet if needed wen i see patches here n there n ill use it for only 3nites applications only

Attachments

• 1620689_10152775422093839_126278913604049929_n.jpg
    1620689_10152775422093839_126278913604049929_n.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 516
My son had pretty bad eczema too but it improved over time. Not was so bad that he had like flesh wounds on his cheeks and elbows and it secreted liquid. I tried many different things so will just share them all with you:
(1) change milk to HA milk, and in the end, went on isomil. It helped.
(2) oil based body wash
(3) moisturisers - atopiclair, cetaphil, EQ, aveeno. Atopiclair worked best for my kid.
(4) take probiotics - I gave lactoGG
(5) make concentrated tea using Chinese tea leaves (any kind), use cotton wool to dip in tea, then squeeze dry then dab on the eczema
(6) organic lavendar oil mixed with water, then spray / dip with cotton wool and dab

Try some if not all of the above, and see which works best for your child.

Have patience. Mine has improved but his skin is still dry and he still scratches.

hi mommies! just to share, if u want smth natural for your babies; i used emu oil on my boy and it works more effectively than the other creams n lotions i used before. no side effects also. good luck n it will get better with time. :)

Have you tried to change your milk formula? My first son had some eczema too when I fed him with a regular formula. Then we switched to organic with a German brand called Holle (which I got from there) and eczema disappeared. Give it a try and get back to us.

Hi Chris,

Hi dear - please can you share more details on the essential oil which works and clear up your sons' eczema? My hp is 90116811. Many thanks in advance.

bbkai

My little girl had some very red and dry patches on her arms, legs and tummy but after using foderma eczema treatment serum for a few days I saw a real improvement. Her eczema hasn’t completely gone but her skin is so much softer and looks much better.

Hello dear mommies/parents! My name is Eunice and I have battled with eczema for 15 years ever since I was a child. My condition is better now but looking back, it really hasn’t been an easy journey to walk. Through the years, I saw how helpless my mom was, seeing her child (me) managing daily pains and a persistent eczema condition. My mom also has eczema, so on some days when things get tough… it does feel like a double whammy. I can resonate with the discomfort that kids with eczema face on a daily basis, and can only imagine the heartbreak that a mom/parent experiences seeing her/your kid suffer.

September last year, my mom and I started visiting this TCM clinic called Oriental Remedies. They adopt a more holistic approach towards healing and combines traditional TCM with technology such as Electro-Lymphatic Therapy (ELT) and Negative Ion Therapy. We have seen some decent progress in our recovery over the months and we really liked that the clinic is patient-centered as well, they made us feel at home and it felt like they really understand what we're going through. Can check them out if anybody is seeking tcm/more natural treatment method for eczema.

Back