Any recommendations for maid agencies??!!!!!

What happen if ur maid run away from ur home and took 1 of ur kids bag which is not belong to her to put her things? I found out my boy bag was stolen by the maid to put her clothes when she run away. When she was brought back to the agency from the police station i went to the agency there to sign the form for tranfers. So i reached there, the executive was sleeping and fake not seeing us, i was very very angry. So my hubby said who is the in charge here she faster wake up and talk to us regards the "RUN AWAY" maid. She keep urging us to sign the transfer form. So we also forgotten to check the maid bag when she is at the agent there. By right when the maid is there, the executive shall asked us to check her bag but NO at all. After signing transfer form, we went back. After 1 months later, my boy want to use the bag to go school, he came and told me that mummy my bag is lost so i called the agency to chk with the boss which he fetched the maid back from police station, and the staff told me ya the bag which i mention is with the maid at new employer hse. I asked the agency staff to called the new employer and he told me the answer is "Oh they never answer my call". Nevermind, i called him again then he told me that the employer is not free to bring the bag down to agency and have been 1 week no calls at all from the agency and i have reported this case to the police. What u will do if this happen to u?

Mingemployment at bukit timah shopping at 1st,2nd,and for 3rd floor is in front of the small eating hse.

Hi Chrysanne12 and Cher,

I had a transfer maid from them, and subsequently I had problems with the maid, and the agent simply put all the blames onto us. We have no choice, but to fork up half of the maid's airfare! Afterwhich, I want to get a replacement, and there was further delay..and they claimed is festive season... and I decided to change to another maid agency in May, and till now I am still waiting to get the maid insurance refund from them!!!! I don't know if they purposely dread things or wat.. darn pissed off and disappointed with the service!!!!!!

Chrysanne and Cher,

Pls see jolly agency's reply. Haiz... i suspect they didnt even bother to check for me!

My reply to Jolly,
I understand that you are very busy, but at least you can check and advise when I can receive the same? I would greatly appreciate if you can expedite the matter, and I see no reason that there's a delay for so long since May 2010.

Please reply soonest!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 22:21:12 -0700
Subject: Re: Work Permit for the ex maid
To: [email protected]

Pls note the we still hv not received refund fron HSBC once we receive we will pass it to you sometimes it takes a little longer than usual so pls wait for us to contact once we get it.

Regards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Jolly Agency <[email protected]>
Sent: Mon, August 23, 2010 3:42:56 PM
Subject: RE: Work Permit for the ex maid

Dear Jolly Agency,

Pls note that I have not received the refund since May.

As such, could you kindly check and advise? If not, please give me HSBC number, I will liaise with them directly.

Hear from you soonest!

Rgs

Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 23:20:42 -0700
Subject: Re: Work Permit for the ex maid
To: [email protected]

Insurance will be refunded to you directly by Insurance company within 90 days after IPA cancellation of 2nd worker is it as was transferred.

Regards

HI Celinemum,

I suggest you deal with HSBC directly, just call them up and fax to them the work permit cancellation letter which could have been sent to you from MOM.

Why did you pay for the airfare, did the maid tell you she wants to go home?

to tell the truth, i decided not to use them again after transferring my current maid. What the agency tells me about the maid is not true at all.

Hi Chrysanne,

ok, will call up HSBC direct then. Guess Jolly Agency is kinda avoiding my calls. Anyway expected.

They said maid wanted to sue my mum for abusing her, and create havoc at his agency, the maid said I agreed to buy ticket to send her home which I didn't. Anyway, the maid is a nightmare, and I shan't describe more, as I don't want to remember all the nonsense she has created.

You are totally wise in doing so!!! The service sucks, esp that George!!!!

Don ever go Jolly Agency!

Hi All,

I just went to Jolly. Initially I was a little skeptical about getting my deposit back for a maid I chose.

However, it was a pleasant surprise. I think they were very professional. They told me that since I cant take my maid due to the problem in Manila, they will refund me. Immediately, open a cheque and issue it for me. They told me they will call me again when the problems in Manila is settled.

I really liked the Maid that I have chose, in fact, when I made plans for the children and they called me to tell me they will try to bring her in within 2 weeks, I have asked some mummies here if they are interested.

I am not saying they are very good / bad. However, I would like to be objective. There are always satisfied and disatisfied customers. What I look for is the retention rates of the agencies and as long as it is not a consistent complaint, I think we should give a chance.

Anyway, this is my 2 cents worth.

hi celinamummy,

did u call HSBC for your refund?

may i also know what nationality was your maid, mine was filippino and she created real problem in my house

Hi Chrysanne,

yup, I called. HSBC already refunded since March. And I don't know what's the cause of the delay till now. Anyway, the insurance agent called me two days ago and said that she has forwarded the payment to Jolly Agency, and now I am waiting for Jolly to post me the cheque. I shall see how long they will take.

My ex maid nationality is Myanmar. She just want to enjoy life in Sin... act bonkers so tat she can go hm!!!! Crazy x 100 times!

Wat's ur maid's problem?

Hi celinamummy,

then you should call Jolly Agency and ask them to send you the cheque immediately. you tell them that you already spoke to the agent and you know that cheque is already with them

my maid too came to enjoy life, real attitude problem, don't like to work, don't like to respond when i talk to her, super super lazy, eat so much but work sucks like hell...and etc..and created other serious problems..the list can go on and on

if i have a daughter like my maid ah...i think i will 'skin her alive'..hee..hee

Yup called jolly, n now waiting for them to send e cheque.
Tink u better send off asap if e attitude is bad! Getting a transfer maid from united channel tmr... Wish me luck!

hi, u guys can read at singaporemaids.blogspot.com. very interesting articles with reviews and advice. tink its managed by a forum mummy too. =)

hi CT,
I am getting a maid from united channel too, I hope it will turn out fine. Since their fee structure seems reasonable.

Hi CT &amp; Hopefully,
Have just get a maid from TM Global, their services is not bad. When ur maid have arrived in singapore they will send ur maid to ur home.
If u r busy, u don't have to go all the way down to agency to fetch ur maid.
Its just my recommended. If u need the contact, u can pm me.
happy.gif

Hi CT &amp; Hopefully,
Have just get a maid from TM Global, their services is not bad. When ur maid have arrived in singapore they will send ur maid to ur home.
If u r busy, u don't have to go all the way down to agency to fetch ur maid.
Its just my recommended. If u need the contact, u can pm me.
happy.gif

coffeebean
Whats the charges at TM Global like? Whats their agent fees? Any hidden costs like transport costs, lodging costs while maid is undergoing medical, etc. Also, do they refund maid's loan if *touch wood* anything happens (eg, maid run away, maid want transfer, maid want go home, etc)?

HI All,

I have maid agency package to let go. I selected a Indonesian maid and placed a deposit of $150 but after much consideration and further discussion with other family members, I decided to take another nationality which this agency doesn't provide.

The details are as follows:

Agency fee: $288 (for fresh Indonesian maid)
Replacement: unlimited replacement within 1 yr
Entry test fee: Waiver
Maid salary: $350
Agency location: People's Park Complex
Deposit placed: $150 (i'm willingly to let go at $120) so agency fee will only be $$258

pl email me for queries or if you are interested:
[email protected]

tks

Singapore is a pro-maid country that do not protect FDW's employers... simply nobody cares for our interest! Employers made to bear consequenes or pay for things not entirely their fault.

There's a new website calling for FDW's exployers to gather, support and share experience.
http://maid-employer.webs.com/

Two and half years ago, I hired my current helper from Myanmar through Homekeeper (Katong/Mountbatten) - previously was under Nations-Katong. The agent there is efficient and prompt in attending to my enquiries as a 1st time employer.
My helper is going back in Mar/Apr 2011 to get married. She has refer her distant relative who would like to work here as FDW. I will be getting advice from my agent on this case.
I may want to consider doing a telephone interview with the potential candidate. Any advice on interview questions?

Hi all,

I need a transfer maid asap.

Must be good in/love/at least willing to learn cooking or and can handle newborn and toddler well. Prefer cheery, love to learn types with gd attitude and character.

Main duties at my home will be general hsework, cooking, fetching the children to n fro presch.

Must speak and understand english.

Pls email me @ [email protected] if you have 1 to transfer out.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I've a mynamar maid for transfer. She is 25 yrs, she worked for me 4mths and previously she has 8mths of experience in s'pore.

She speaks very basic english but she is a hardworking gal.

The reason i took her was becos my previous maid was giving me too much trouble so i had to change a maid within a wk, only she was avaliable till i find a permanent maid.

Her salary is $350, with 4 mths of loan ($330). Agency fee is $288
She is avaliable for transfer for 27th Dec 10.

Pl email me if you have any queries: [email protected]

HI All,

I have maid agency package to let go. I selected a Indonesian maid and placed a deposit of $150 but after much consideration and further discussion with other family members, I decided to take another nationality which this agency doesn't provide.

The details are as follows:

Agency fee: $288 (for fresh Indonesian maid)
Replacement: unlimited replacement within 1 yr
Entry test fee: Waiver
Maid salary: $350
Agency location: People's Park Complex
Deposit placed: $150 (i'm willingly to let go at $120) so agency fee will only be $$258

pl email me for queries or if you are interested:
[email protected]

tks

Previously i have a myanmar maid 23yrs old first time in spore which she works for me 2mths only. The reason i sent her back agency is my kids don't let her use my house phone to call her cousin which is in spore and she very daring to push my kids fell down to the floor.
When i want to employ myanmar maid my friend told me that dont ever employ myanmar maid but i never listen to her and now things happen and have to blame myself. My friend said that if u said them they will pack their bag and want to go back to agency wow is really really truth. My sis in law maid also myanmar, 1 day she said her maid she also pack her bag and stop doing her housework.
My maid also shouted and scolded me back when i said her. Her attitude is very very bad to me becos she knows how to speak in chinese tats y she very yaya. This is the first time i employ myanmar maid and no more last time for me.
When i fetch her the first day wow when i saw her she put on make up lah like she is coming here to sing at those seven months "gai tai".
The first day when she came to my house i was too busy to check her BIG luggage and 1 bag. So 1 day when i was free to check her belonging and i was so surprised to see tat she brought along short short skirt and a few transparent shirt which can see her bra and short pants which can see her "piku". When i asked her why she brought those clothes and she was not very happy with me and pack her bag so stop doing her hsework and asked me to call the agency to fetch her back.
I said to her " U r coming to spore to work and not for travel here and play".

I treated her like my sister but she is very daring and shouted at me. Every time when i brought her out she requested me to buy things for her so i bought for her and she never even said "Thank You" to me. The most worst part is she steal my kids biscuit and eat. Everyday given her 5pcs of bread and 1 cup of coffee in the morning still not enough for her. Dont know how much she eat then enough for her "COW STOMACH". Her lunch and dinner she requested to have rice only and not porridge for her so i cook rice everyday for her. The plate to put the rice is like a mountain for her and yet she still can finish it. Afterwhich at 9pm she hungry again and she eat bread again. Never ever seem a maid like her before.
She is very very lazy also. When i was slp she never sweep and mop below the sofa and bed. So i asked her she said no need everyday one lah, 1 day sweep 1 day no need. Never ever seen so lazy and bad attitude maid before.
Last time i have is indo maid but they dare not talk back to me and shouted at me also.
Actually i wanted to report it to police but i dont want to create more problem and my loan still at the agency there.
She still have many BAD habit like spit saliva and throw tissue on the floor. When everytime i brought her to supermarket she will brought along recycle bag and she very lazy to take the basket and everytime she want to put inside the recycle bag but i told her cannot police will caught her but she dont listen. If she dont listen never mind i told her police catch her and not me. Now she have new employer waiting to fetch her back to the hse. May GOD bless the new employer for employing her.

Another thing tat i forget to mention is she bring a lighter to spore!!!!!!!!!
To my shock she bring a lighter tat means she is a smoker in myanmar!!!!!!!!!
Last time i employ all along is indo and i chk their bag and NO lighter was found.
To new employer if u get to see this, pls lock ur phone when u are slp or not at home she will use the phone and call out.
Her stories is a long way to go never ending.....

its alw so headache to find a good agency tat recommend good maids. 1st basic thing is the staff muz b helpful n polite since dey cant ctrl d mind of a maid, dey shld b able to ctrl emselves rite! i kol up tis TM agency n ask for details n guess wat, d staff who ans d kol actually ask mi wher m i callin fr wif dos attitude tone!!! dos it matter wher i kol fr? tats not all. when i ask her to email bio to me, she oso lik bo chup lik tat, n nvr send to me. i reali wonder did she note dw my preferences n details. d nxt day i kol up again n guess wat, i confirm dey totally ignore mi. another staff ans d fon, i gave my name n he was totally blur so i knew it. i had to repeat myself all over again. dunno d maid wil work anot n i arl kena fr d staff. if my selected maid dun work out thk i'll haf BIG problem settling d issue. arl treat prospective customer so lightly, hw gd wil dey treat cust who make em do more work.... so sianz

Am thinking of getting a Myanmese maid.
Any agencies to recommend that has a good variety &amp; UNLIMITED replacements?

Does anyone know what is the cost for Maid Home Renewal ?

Only need to renew Work Permit and submit Home Leave Application to Embassy.

HI Estherkkh

Can share your experience with orchid employment agency so that all mummies here can benefit? They seem to be new, of course low transfer cases. Tks!

Avoid Honesty employment service centre at Toa Payoh Hersing Centre.
The first maid I got from Honesty Maid agency is underaged and I knew the actual age from the maid later. The agency know about it actually. I got a second maid from them and I found out from the maid later because she is a transfer maid and she has to top up her loan for being transferred but they do so by increasing her salary by $55/mth (despite having only 1mth exp. only) but told me it is indonesia's minimum wage requirement. Imagine that additional $55 x 24mths cost for me, the employer! The quality of the 2 maids are sub-standard. My maid said the agent told her to push the blame to her ex employer as reason of being transferred. What they are practising is totally contradicting to the "Honesty" agency name. So unethical!

Back