Very bad reviews on little wonders Montessori hillview

appletech

I would like to share my reviews on little wonders Montessori at hillview... Was so bad that I withdrawn my kids without even finding a new childcare.

My kids aged 2 and 4 were enrolled in the childcare early this year. Then things start to happen..

1. My older kid lost his bathing towel, so I called n the principle reply was.. "Did u label the towel?.. If not we would have use as a rag if towel is not labelled" initially I thought the principle was just very blunt in talking so I just dun it to heart. But then even they found my towel the next day, I throw my towel away too worried that they might have use as rag before.

2. My younger kid got pinched on the cheeks by another classmate with a very bad bruise. When teacher tell mi, they just say that classmate like him find his cheeks chubby etc n brush it off. In my mind, I was thinking the classmate must have pinch my kid for quite awhile before the teachers even notice.

3. Subsequently, every week or every other week, we start to lose things.. Mattress cover, blankets, water bottles, clothing, milk bottle, milk dispenser container.. I feedback to the principle.. Her reply was "teachers getting old will tend to be more forgetful" I understand people forget but to forget every week or every other week is abit too much.. We even overheard a parent talkin to the principle that the daughter lost all her uniforms until she got to wear home clothes already. It was so frustrating that my husband got to check the school bag right in front of the teacher before going off from the childcare.

4. There was then one occasion my kid birthday when we lost the entire bathing bag, consist of clothes n towel. So when we ask the principal, she say nobody open the school bag before yet and they comb the entire school already and push responsibility say must be we never even put the bathing bag in the school bag.. I was so angry I told her the color of towel n clothes since is my kid birthday we planning to go out so no uniform.. She insisted nobody see n ask mi dun be difficult on her as she is only a "middleman".. End up they found the bathing bag next day in another kid school bag

5. My younger kid got a knock on the head. Teacher told mi when I picked him up only.. When I ask wat happen.. The teacher say he bang his head on the wall.. I was really doubtful as I never seen my kid bang head on wall before anywhere home or outside even throw tantrums. And when I go home look carefully , it look like a knock by toys or some objects rather than bang head on wall cos I can see some scratch marks. Since no camera, I just have to believe wat the teacher say.

6. My elder kid fall on the stairs because the stairs safety gate wasn't latched properly. Bring him to kkh n need 4 stitches on chin.. Since my elder boy is very active I can't blame much oso. But then in less than 3 weeks time after stitching.. He injured his chin on the exact same spot when stitches are done again. School never inform us immediately.. Only when we pick him up saw him holding chin with blood dripping.. Ask the teacher, say he scratch his chin.. But my kid is 4 able to tell mi he fall.. Luckily another 5 year old child say my kid fall off the chair n tell us he can show us how my kid fall.. Totally disappointed in the childcare.. No responsibility, and telling lies!! When speak to principal, she say " I dunno anything I not there was mopping floor just now" .. Wat kind of principle is this.. To confirm that my kid really fall, we brought him to kkh the next day worried the fall might affect the stitches.. I even ask the doctor to confirm if is a fall or scratch. Dr very confidently say was a fall cos can see bruise.

Telling lies was the last thing I can tolerate.. I dun wan to wait for bigger accidents to happen.. So I decide to withdraw. Talk to principal abt the teacher lying..and guess wat she say.. “That teacher has a tunnel vision" the exact words the principle say.. The owner of childcare talk to mi n start to tell mi how Notti my kid is, dun listen to teachers, my kid fall because cannot sit chair properly.. Not even apologetic at all...

So disappointing with the childcare. Would really wan to share my review with all parents hopefully pls dun go to this childcare.. Really very very terrible..

PLS SHARE IF YOU KNOW OF ANYONE GG TO THIS CHILDCARE..thanks n hope every kid go to school safe n go home safe..

There are always 2 sides to every story. We do not typically comment on special cases but as this review was so damaging, we feel the need to set the record straight. If the teachers were occasionally misplacing a child's item during the few months that appletech's children were with us, we regret the experience that they had. At the time, the school took the liberty to keep a hyperactive child who demonstrated aggressive behaviour, only because the child showed great improvements over the few months that she was with us. During these few months, the teachers' dedication to keep a watchful eye and continuous reinforcement of this child's behaviour caused them to be exhausted and drained resulting in a higher occurrence of misplacement of items. We assure you that the occurrence of misplacement of items has not occurred in recent months as a result of the increased vigilance on teachers' part and releasing the hyperactive child from our care as it was proving too draining to cope with.

As for the accidents on appletech's children that occurred at school, her children demonstrated a very high accident rate even at home as they would come to school with large bruises on certain Mondays. As for accidents at school, the younger child had on one occurrence bumped his head on the wall in his classroom when he tripped and fell as he was an active 2 year old still learning to settle down to be calmer like the other children. The older child suffered a split at the chin while he was with his mom celebrating his birthday at school. Nevertheless, the school was responsible because one of the safety gates was not latched properly, resulting in the older child's mishap at school. We take full responsibility for that. But overall, their accidents do not occur much under the supervision of their teachers.

As for the teacher lying, it was unfortunate that the teacher had only seen the scratching and not the fall from his chair. As there was no complaints or cries from the child, it was missed. The school understands the parent's distrust and unhappiness but we also understand that there is no perfect teacher. We strive to motivate our teachers to be nurturing, caring and responsible but sometimes, we make mistakes. We may miss little details a day here or there. If the teacher overall adds value to the children's development and when working within the team, and shows willingness to improve, there's no reason why we should not defend her.

For the umpthteenth time, we again apologize to appletech for her bad experience. Her children were greatly missed by their teachers. There was also a parent-school discussion on addressing the behavioural concerns of the children that contribute to a higher accident rate. We discussed a strategy that requires both parents and teachers to work together but was responded with a withdrawal the very next day.

To appletech, we were able to eliminate or substitute certain foods contributing to eczema itch from our menu except being gluten-free. It is quite easy to do...something that you can work with your current school if you believe in diet improving eczema symptoms for your child.

Yes, there are always two sides of the story. At this current digital age, keyboard warriors are common, and it is perhaps considered the prerogative of an unsatisfied customer to complain and share her personal experience at forums. However, I do question the wisdom and merits of an organization, allegedly run by professionals, to be doing a "rebuttal" on a forum, and making comments on specific cases. A wiser approach might be to engage the parent offline, apologise profusely, and request for her to edit or take down or update her post.

When my DD was in N1, she had fallen many times, been mauled by a classmate once, bitten by a swarm of mosquitos (14 bite marks!), walked into bookshelves, etc - the way the school handled the incidents were to my satisfaction (and understanding) and many years later, we still maintain very good relationship with the centre and the teachers.

Your attempt to defend and explain yourself had only demonstrated the lack of judgement and poor management.

And I don't even know appletech!

And to think I even, for a second, asked my hubby if we want enroll my boy there in the future...

It's just a small kiddo, hyperactive is their name. Drained teachers? Hire more teachers loh. Really can't fault kids this age to be hyperactive right?

If I get that sort of explanation and to say my boy is hyperactive blah blah.... it's unacceptable. Everything just say kid is hyperactive win already loh?

Oh well, it really says a lot to have you (the school) coming online to defend themselves here. I believe you (the school) can do better.

Ps. I do not know this mommy here too.

Back