IVF at KKH

hi....im new here...i have been trying to conceive for the past 6yrs...had done so many IUI with dr mary yang from gleaneagles hosp..she ask me to try the next step tat is ivf..it took me mths to build up my confidence to do ivf and finally im ready to go kkh to do....can i know how long it takes for my turn after queing?..

Enjoy eating ur favourite food now... Like ice cream.... Sashimi n sushi n oyster n seafood.... Once you do ivf.... You need to stop all this..... But also continue to eat healthy n drink more milk n food contain with calcium, vitamin c.... Do not get sick....

Hi @Karen yap 76.. Congrats to u.. I just want to know, do u experienced any menstrual cramps during your 2 weeks HL?

hi....im new here...i have been trying to conceive for the past 6yrs...had done so many IUI with dr mary yang from gleaneagles hosp..she ask me to try the next step tat is ivf..it took me mths to build up my confidence to do ivf and finally im ready to go kkh to do....can i know how long it takes for my turn after queing?..

Hi Nadia, KKH will be quite first depending on whether they have slots. Mine was just like 4 months. I made an appointment with Dr Sadhana in end of July then I am scheduled for IVF in Nov. The initial plan was supposed to be in Dec but then the nurse called me asked if I would like to do it in Nov. And of course I agreed.

Hi @Karen yap 76.. Congrats to u.. I just want to know, do u experienced any menstrual cramps during your 2 weeks HL?
Hi. Im new to this thread.
Just to share. I did ivf in 2011 & conceived a boy on my 1st try. Am trying for a 2nd one. Scheduled to do try 2nd ivf in feb next year.

Pinkgrrl.
Cramps during 2ww is normal. May be a gd sign tho. Stay positive & try to relax as much as u can during this period. Best of luck to u!

Hi @leapgal, i started to feel menstrual cramps on and off which worries me.. Night sweats for first few days after egg transfer.. This is my first ivf, 7 eggs retrieved, 4 matured, 3 fertilized grade 4.. Had 2 embryos transferred to me.. Today is my 5dp2dt, so far no implantation bleeding.. Care to share your first successful ivf?

Hi. Im new to this thread.
Just to share. I did ivf in 2011 & conceived a boy on my 1st try. Am trying for a 2nd one. Scheduled to do try 2nd ivf in feb next year.

Pinkgrrl.
Cramps during 2ww is normal. May be a gd sign tho. Stay positive & try to relax as much as u can during this period. Best of luck to u!
Hi @leapgal, did you like take extra precautions or what did you exactly do after your embryo transfer? Did you like total bed rest or life continues as per normal such as shopping, walking around and etc etc?

Hi @leapgal, did you like take extra precautions or what did you exactly do after your embryo transfer? Did you like total bed rest or life continues as per normal such as shopping, walking around and etc etc?
For my previous ivf. I only did norm household chores. I was not working so I bedrest as much as I could.

Hi @leapgal, i started to feel menstrual cramps on and off which worries me.. Night sweats for first few days after egg transfer.. This is my first ivf, 7 eggs retrieved, 4 matured, 3 fertilized grade 4.. Had 2 embryos transferred to me.. Today is my 5dp2dt, so far no implantation bleeding.. Care to share your first successful ivf?
I rest as much I as could during my 1st ivf. Ate brazil nuts, drank plenty of warm water, placed warm pack on my abdominal. Cramps & on off but when I did my 1st preg test before the next aptmt, it gave a slight faint result.
Try to stay positive & do something which keeps the mind off which I know it's hard.

Last edited:
I rest as much I as could during my 1st ivf. Ate brazil nuts, drank plenty of warm water, placed warm pack on my abdominal. Cramps & on off but when I did my 1st preg test before the next aptmt, it gave a slight faint result.
Try to stay positive & do something which keeps the mind off which I know it's hard.

Hi @leapgal.. I ate brazil nuts too and also handful of almonds... How many brazil nuts you eat per day?

Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I am scheduled to do my fresh cycle at KKH in Feb next year. As background, I went to a private gynae in end 2013, my first fresh cycle failed but I successfully got pregnant with my daughter with the first frozen cycle. After the birth of my daughter my lining has had trouble thickening up, so my frozen cycle this August failed. I started going to KKH because private is just too expensive. I am now 38 years old with low AMH (0.7 only!) so it will be challenging having #2. Happy to have found this forum and hope everybody here succeeds in their TTC journey! Please let me know if anyone else here is scheduled for Feb next year too - we can be cycle buddies.

How did you find out about your BFP? After the blood test did the nurse called to tell you or the gynae broke the news to you? There are so many things in my head even before I start my IVF journey.. I am so worried actually. I wasnt this tense when I did IUI last 6yrs. I took things very lightly that I didnt even think of anything and it all went well...

any one do ISI scan before u do ivf? i could not get through the hotline to make appointment. it is suppose to schedule on the 10th day of menses cycle. today is my 3rd day of menses. haiz no body ever want to pick up the call one. i have to apply leave when the schedule is confirmed

How did you find out about your BFP? After the blood test did the nurse called to tell you or the gynae broke the news to you? There are so many things in my head even before I start my IVF journey.. I am so worried actually. I wasnt this tense when I did IUI last 6yrs. I took things very lightly that I didnt even think of anything and it all went well...

The nurse called after the BT which was done in the morning. But did hpt 1 day before the BT.

Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I am scheduled to do my fresh cycle at KKH in Feb next year. As background, I went to a private gynae in end 2013, my first fresh cycle failed but I successfully got pregnant with my daughter with the first frozen cycle. After the birth of my daughter my lining has had trouble thickening up, so my frozen cycle this August failed. I started going to KKH because private is just too expensive. I am now 38 years old with low AMH (0.7 only!) so it will be challenging having #2. Happy to have found this forum and hope everybody here succeeds in their TTC journey! Please let me know if anyone else here is scheduled for Feb next year too - we can be cycle buddies.
Hi I want#2. I'm scheduled for next year Feb too! Had a boy on my first IVF in 2011 but failed 2 FETs year thereafter. Wl be seeing Dr Sadhana tomoro for my AMH & hb SA results. Lets jiayo together!

Last edited:
any one do ISI scan before u do ivf? i could not get through the hotline to make appointment. it is suppose to schedule on the 10th day of menses cycle. today is my 3rd day of menses. haiz no body ever want to pick up the call one. i have to apply leave when the schedule is confirmed
Hi Fel C,
I did the scan... u have to keep calling as the nurse is v busy. I call until someone answer. If the one answering arent in charge of the appt, she will pass your message to the nurse in charge and the nurse in charge will return call at about 4 plus.

Actually you can request MC for the scan. The Dr gave me MC for that. No need to waste leave.

I remembered I only had 1 of grade 5. The rest are 4 & 3. Only 6 embbies survived after ICSI. Each cycle doctor transferred 2 embbies.

@leapgal.. for your previous cycle, doctor transferred 2 embryos and only 1 embryo survived? The 2 embryos that the doctor transferred to you were grade 5 and 4?

Hi all, have u all normally test ovulation on first morning urine? I never happened to see my ovulation with first morning urine. Anyone test positive with 1st morning urine? I heard normally around day time then will have LH surge. What time should I test? If positive, I need to go down for scan. So can't be too late also.

Hi Fel C,
I did the scan... u have to keep calling as the nurse is v busy. I call until someone answer. If the one answering arent in charge of the appt, she will pass your message to the nurse in charge and the nurse in charge will return call at about 4 plus.
hi @HavingHope yea i keep calling and manage to leave my message and got a call back. is the scan pain? i am worry now. i didnt know can get mc and i apply the leave already. i worry too much mc as the consultation will need to go down again. between how long is the scan and can the consultation for the report be schedule on sat?

hi @HavingHope yea i keep calling and manage to leave my message and got a call back. is the scan pain? i am worry now. i didnt know can get mc and i apply the leave already. i worry too much mc as the consultation will need to go down again. between how long is the scan and can the consultation for the report be schedule on sat?
Its not painful. Only a slight discomfort like menses cramp while the dr insert the fluid into the womb...
The procedure goes like this...
U reached the clinic, the nurse would ask u to change into a robe, do wear 2 separate pieces... you would be walking around with your top and robe but without panties, feel kinda weird.. haha...
If your hubby is accompanying u, he would be ask to go walk around and wait for u outside the room about 1 hr later. You would be brought into a room and the dr will explain the procedures with you. The scan takes about 15mins to 30mins. Its actually v fast! Only kinda awkward to be in the position for the scan..
For the consultation with dr, i took time off... this should be the last test before embarking on the ivf route...

Its not painful. Only a slight discomfort like menses cramp while the dr insert the fluid into the womb...
The procedure goes like this...
U reached the clinic, the nurse would ask u to change into a robe, do wear 2 separate pieces... you would be walking around with your top and robe but without panties, feel kinda weird.. haha...
If your hubby is accompanying u, he would be ask to go walk around and wait for u outside the room about 1 hr later. You would be brought into a room and the dr will explain the procedures with you. The scan takes about 15mins to 30mins. Its actually v fast! Only kinda awkward to be in the position for the scan..
For the consultation with dr, i took time off... this should be the last test before embarking on the ivf route...
@HavingHope thanks for ur detailed information. really appreciate it . after this scan and they will schedule for ivf?

@HavingHope thanks for ur detailed information. really appreciate it . after this scan and they will schedule for ivf?
I went for the scan and afterwhich a consultation with dr in 2 weeks time... Dr booked me for the IVF Briefing in November and i will be starting my cycle in December... how about you? What test have you checked?

I went for the scan and afterwhich a consultation with dr in 2 weeks time... Dr booked me for the IVF Briefing in November and i will be starting my cycle in December... how about you? What test have you checked?
next mon to do the sano scan, then review in 1 week time and she mentioned that i need to do blood test again before ivf. i heard in the forum that the ivf centre will close on dec is it true? by the way do we need to pay the briefing first or pay it on that day?

haiz i am scare of the sano scan and the rest of the stages.

next mon to do the sano scan, then review in 1 week time and she mentioned that i need to do blood test again before ivf. i heard in the forum that the ivf centre will close on dec is it true? by the way do we need to pay the briefing first or pay it on that day?

haiz i am scare of the sano scan and the rest of the stages.

Yup... i did the blood test on the day itself after the dr consultation, that is for the Hep B/C and HIV test. Your hubby, too, would need to go for the test... Dr mentioned that IVF centre will be close during Dec, but would be open during the christmas week if im not wrong, cuz Dr gave me medicine to induce my menses, after finishes the pill, i should be starting my cycle during the christmas week if my menses guai guai come that week...
I think we should be paying the briefing on that day itself...
Dont worry... the scan is pretty alright, only feel like menses cramp... only the awkwardness to spread the legs open kills me... haha

Yup... i did the blood test on the day itself after the dr consultation, that is for the Hep B/C and HIV test. Your hubby, too, would need to go for the test... Dr mentioned that IVF centre will be close during Dec, but would be open during the christmas week if im not wrong, cuz Dr gave me medicine to induce my menses, after finishes the pill, i should be starting my cycle during the christmas week if my menses guai guai come that week...
Dont worry... the scan is pretty alright, only feel like menses cramp... only the awkwardness to spread the legs open kills me... haha
@HavingHope thanks for all the info!

Dear all, today is my cycle day 8 of natural FET. My lining only 3.4 I m too sad after scanning. Not sure it can grow thicker in theses few days? Next appointment is coming Friday. I drink red bean soup and red dates tea everyday. Haizzz even FET also not easy one. Feel more stressed than fresh cycle.

Dear all, today is my cycle day 8 of natural FET. My lining only 3.4 I m too sad after scanning. Not sure it can grow thicker in theses few days? Next appointment is coming Friday. I drink red bean soup and red dates tea everyday. Haizzz even FET also not easy one. Feel more stressed than fresh cycle.

Don't be sad, it will thicken everyday.. My first scan on cd10 only 5plus mm n it grow to 8mm triple eventually.
Do u drink raspberry leaf tea? It did helps a bit..

Don't be sad, it will thicken everyday.. My first scan on cd10 only 5plus mm n it grow to 8mm triple eventually.
Do u drink raspberry leaf tea? It did helps a bit..
I drinking red bean soup only. I am afraid that lining not 8mm and ovulate.. haizzz I don't want to cancel the cycle again. How much raspberry lead tea u drink per day?

the consultation only can be 1 month later after the scan.mentioning no doc around. at first the lady give me jan date and i asked her to slot me in for earlier slot

I drinking red bean soup only. I am afraid that lining not 8mm and ovulate.. haizzz I don't want to cancel the cycle again. How much raspberry lead tea u drink per day?
One tea bag can 冲 at least 3 cups, i treat as water drink. But i did not drink everyday, scared the lining too old by then
What ur follicle size? Follicle n lining should be growing together..

One tea bag can 冲 at least 3 cups, i treat as water drink. But i did not drink everyday, scared the lining too old by then
What ur follicle size? Follicle n lining should be growing together..
Follicle Size 12 n 8. Don't know what to expect for lining. Will it grow more near to ovulation? Wish I will not ovulate till lining close to 7-8mm.

Then did she give you an earlier date for the briefing?
nvr give me date also. after scan i went up to ivf centre counter to schedule me for the doc consultation. i also not sure about what to do. think by the time i start ivf will be april already. dont know slow is gd or fast is gd cos i also worry about all the pain

nvr give me date also. after scan i went up to ivf centre counter to schedule me for the doc consultation. i also not sure about what to do. think by the time i start ivf will be april already. dont know slow is gd or fast is gd cos i also worry about all the pain
Yup... me too went up to schedule Dr appt after scan. Then upon seeing Dr, then the Dr will give you the date for IVF Briefing... take it easy... let it come naturally... don't be stress

hi, i am new to this forum. wanna check is any mummy who try IVF at KKH, can share wit me..

previously i try IUI at NUH but is unsuccesful with 3 try, went to TCM still no hope so now trying to conceive with naturally.. finally my hub give me GREEN light to go for IVF, but we need more information before proceed.
Hi,
hi, i am new to this forum. wanna check is any mummy who try IVF at KKH, can share wit me..

previously i try IUI at NUH but is unsuccesful with 3 try, went to TCM still no hope so now trying to conceive with naturally.. finally my hub give me GREEN light to go for IVF, but we need more information before proceed.

@melodychua, your case is similar to my case. But the only difference is I went to NUH for IUI for 2 times. NUH doc suggested me to do IUI for 3 times but happen to 3rd time, we missed the ovualation day during my 3rd cycle. My mum told me KKH is better than NUH, therefore I also decided to switch to KKH. But all my records all at NUH, I have requested from NUH, to have the records printed out.

Last edited:
Thank you..last week i call in..the nurse tell me if i seeing Dr Tan for ivf..it will be still consider as private..
Any advise..thank uu again

Hi, I was with Dr Tan and I did first IVF in Aug but it wasn't succeed. For Dr Tan, he is nice but u won't get a lot chance to see him lol
I only see him total for 3 times, first time consultation, the day i did transfer and after the result came out(succeed or not succeed)
You pay Dr Tan as a private dr price but got subsidy for IVF Procedure from government.
Good luck!

hi all.. I'm new to this forum.. so sad I'm just fail my 1st circle ivf on yesterday.. doc said all 14 egg no one fertilizer..

hi all.. I'm new to this forum.. so sad I'm just fail my 1st circle ivf on yesterday.. doc said all 14 egg no one fertilizer..
Hi have you done check up on ur hubby sperm before ivf? U can enquiry to embryologist about ur eggs and sperm. Some may be not matured enough. Some may be due to sperm issue. U can try again. Before that eat more nutrients for ur eggs n body.

Hi have you done check up on ur hubby sperm before ivf? U can enquiry to embryologist about ur eggs and sperm. Some may be not matured enough. Some may be due to sperm issue. U can try again. Before that eat more nutrients for ur eggs n body.

Ya.. did check b4, tat y doc said ask we go for IVF instead. Doc said my man sperm first time check is bad, second time seem ok, when actual day then is worse Doc said most probably is sperm issue

Back