Doctor Chan Kong Hon

He's my gynae too! I like him very much even though he can be very stern and strict about diet and weight gain. Having my 2nd baby with him too.

Hihi he is my Gynae too! I realize that I am alway so stress by his issues with my weight I am always so scared to ask anything in case he starts nagging again.

For the 12k, it is exclusive of hospital charges right? Just his delivery charges? tIA

Last month I gain 1kg and he said my weight "shot up!" Lol so drama. But then I'm really grateful for his nagging so I know I will eat healthily for my baby. It's really true. My first born is hardly ever sick because I don't feel her junk and too much hormonal meat. I also don't give dairy except the occasional cheese or yoghurt.

The 12 k is inclusive. Hospital is I think 6k? Can't really rem... Pregnant brain lol

I am due soon.. Hehe

Anyway can I check if anyone has exp? Natural or c sect, do we need to shave below during delivery?

TIA
Congrats mama!!

Yes you should shave. If you don't the nurse will ask you to. Do it at the comfort of your home, more hygienic and easily for your gynae :)

All darling. Or you can get waxed but I find the pain quite unbearable. It's better when you are recovering anyway. Really more hygienic

Hello! I'm so happy to finally see a thread on Dr Chan..

This is my 3rd pregnancy with him, but the first 2 ended in miscarriages :(

He has been very dear with us, and all his nurses are warm, friendly and kind.

To be honest, his charges are on the high side. But as a repeat miscarriage victim, I do not wish for anyone else to handle my pregnancy. He is very experienced and I trust him.

After my second miscarriage, I asked him if I should go for in-depth genetics testing. He said no. He felt that I was just plain unlucky; Unhealthy people usually look it, but me and my husband looked very healthy. Initially I wasn't convinced. Then he said, I can spend my money on the genetics tests if I want. But if I were his daughter, he would say it is unnecessary to do the tests now.

That really touched my husband and I. :)

Beneath his tough demeanor of weight gain police, dairy hating Doctor, he is really a pleasant man who truely cares for his patients. Vespertine I'm glad you stuck with him. How far along are you now?

Beneath his tough demeanor of weight gain police, dairy hating Doctor, he is really a pleasant man who truely cares for his patients. Vespertine I'm glad you stuck with him. How far along are you now?

Hi urbandudette

I'm hitting week 11 this coming week, and will be doing my panorama test on 1 July.

So far he hasn't nagged at me regarding my weight as I lost weight earlier on because of my morning sickness. I suspect I'll get a scolding on 1 July, I can feel a new ring of fats on my stomach and buttocks :(

Hi urbandudette

I'm hitting week 11 this coming week, and will be doing my panorama test on 1 July.

So far he hasn't nagged at me regarding my weight as I lost weight earlier on because of my morning sickness. I suspect I'll get a scolding on 1 July, I can feel a new ring of fats on my stomach and buttocks :(
Even if you lose weight make sure you don't exceed 2kg per month, especially in the beginning. And don't ever tell him you take milo or any dairy. He will . Still in time to monitor your weight before 1 July! Good luck and all the best babe!!!

Even if you lose weight make sure you don't exceed 2kg per month, especially in the beginning. And don't ever tell him you take milo or any dairy. He will . Still in time to monitor your weight before 1 July! Good luck and all the best babe!!!

Surprisingly I only gained 0.1kg the past month. Must be all that vomitting.. I drink milo and milk almost every day, but I didn't tell him. He didn't ask anyway, since my weight is acceptable. My first pregnancy he nagged a bit when I told him about my milo intake, but that was because somehow I gained 2kg then.

:) how far along are you now?

Surprisingly I only gained 0.1kg the past month. Must be all that vomitting.. I drink milo and milk almost every day, but I didn't tell him. He didn't ask anyway, since my weight is acceptable. My first pregnancy he nagged a bit when I told him about my milo intake, but that was because somehow I gained 2kg then.

:) how far along are you now?

Good for you!!!

I'm due in August so less than a month to go

Hello.. How's everyone? @urbandudette You should be due really soon right!

Can I ask, if anyone has done the anomaly scan? Dr Chan recommended us, but my husband thinks it's not necessary.

I'm kind of keeping my pregnancy low-key so I don't want to ask my friends.

Hello.. How's everyone? @urbandudette You should be due really soon right!

Can I ask, if anyone has done the anomaly scan? Dr Chan recommended us, but my husband thinks it's not necessary.

I'm kind of keeping my pregnancy low-key so I don't want to ask my friends.
Hi!!! My baby was delivered yesterday. We did the Down syndrome scan during the early weeks and the 20w scan for both my #1 and #2. It's not compulsory but for peace of mind we prefer to know 99.9% that we are having a normal baby. Which one are you referring to? Are you a young couple that's why your husband thinks it's not necessary? Or is it because both of you will keep the baby no matter the result?

Hi!!! My baby was delivered yesterday. We did the Down syndrome scan during the early weeks and the 20w scan for both my #1 and #2. It's not compulsory but for peace of mind we prefer to know 99.9% that we are having a normal baby. Which one are you referring to? Are you a young couple that's why your husband thinks it's not necessary? Or is it because both of you will keep the baby no matter the result?
Congrats @urbandudette !! :) how are you feeling? Would you mind telling me more about your delivery with dr Chan?

My husband doesn't know much about these things... :( he thought that the harmony test for Down syndrome is enough. This anomaly scan at 20 weeks seems necessary to me. We are in our 30s, and I've had 2 miscarriages.

I think what I need to do is educate my husband!

Congrats @urbandudette !! :) how are you feeling? Would you mind telling me more about your delivery with dr Chan?

My husband doesn't know much about these things... :( he thought that the harmony test for Down syndrome is enough. This anomaly scan at 20 weeks seems necessary to me. We are in our 30s, and I've had 2 miscarriages.

I think what I need to do is educate my husband!

Dr TC Chang is an expert in fetal anomaly. For Dr Chan to refer you to see him means how highly he trust him. To my hubs and I, it was important because you scan the heart, lungs, brain, thigh bones etc to make sure they are measuring right and the major organs are functioning as they should be, for example there are 4 ventricles in the heart and the in/out arteries are exactly what they should be. So it's a totally different set of tests from your Down syndrome test. :) Cost around $400ish

I arrived at the hospital with contractions and 3cm dilation. My delivery was not as swift as the first. I carried this baby to full term and during week 37 I already knew he had cord round his neck but dr chan wasn't the least bit worried. Most gynaes would have asked for e csec. During my induction and after bursting my waterbag he found out baby passed out meconium but because it was old meconium (yellowish green) he wasn't worried. Then around 6cm dilation he realized baby was posterior not anterior position so he manually rotated for me. Of course he brags how skillful and probably one of the few gynaes who does this and others would have opted for csec given the above challenging scenarios, I was very happy and feel safe to be in his hands. He is so expensive, yes but very pro natural and will always want the best for the patient.

Dr TC Chang is an expert in fetal anomaly. For Dr Chan to refer you to see him means how highly he trust him. To my hubs and I, it was important because you scan the heart, lungs, brain, thigh bones etc to make sure they are measuring right and the major organs are functioning as they should be, for example there are 4 ventricles in the heart and the in/out arteries are exactly what they should be. So it's a totally different set of tests from your Down syndrome test. :) Cost around $400ish

I arrived at the hospital with contractions and 3cm dilation. My delivery was not as swift as the first. I carried this baby to full term and during week 37 I already knew he had cord round his neck but dr chan wasn't the least bit worried. Most gynaes would have asked for e csec. During my induction and after bursting my waterbag he found out baby passed out meconium but because it was old meconium (yellowish green) he wasn't worried. Then around 6cm dilation he realized baby was posterior not anterior position so he manually rotated for me. Of course he brags how skillful and probably one of the few gynaes who does this and others would have opted for csec given the above challenging scenarios, I was very happy and feel safe to be in his hands. He is so expensive, yes but very pro natural and will always want the best for the patient.
Wow, what a testimonial! Yes, cord around baby's neck is definitely a call for c sect for most gynaes! I wonder how and why he was so confident...
I feel so happy he's my gynae :)

I know this is late but i think the anomaly scan is absolutely crucial. They checked our baby in great detail and mine cost 300+ sgd. Dr Lai Fon Min which Dr Chan recommended too. I think its not about whether u will keep the baby in case something is wrong, but if u know something is wrong, u can be more prepared to either accept the baby or medically prepared to correct any previously known issues.

Can someone PM me the cost to Dr Chan's charges too?

Thanks!!

Hi,

His antenatal package is $1600 which starts from week 20 onwards which includes consultation, scan n multivitamin.

I am with him for my 3 pregnancies and waiting for my 4th in a week plus time. He is really a very good and experience gynae. Although he is expensive but you won't regret. I went back to him because I feel comfortable with him and that me n baby will be in his gd hands which I think it's very impt.

I had my baby with Dr Chan. Best expenses I made ever !

For those who wants to save on DHA, the same ones that he recommend can be bought from US and shipped back using forwarding agent. Will be about half the price.

Hihi he is my Gynae too! I realize that I am alway so stress by his issues with my weight I am always so scared to ask anything in case he starts nagging again.

For the 12k, it is exclusive of hospital charges right? Just his delivery charges? tIA

May I know what is the hospital charges? Is it for stay?

Back