2016/07 July babies

@emk I just change the teats too, but I don't mind keeping another set when it's 3 months time. Let me know how much to pay you. :p

Just let him play a bit more in the chair and soon he will enjoy sitting inside :)

My gal already upgraded to 6mth onwards teat for pigeon 2 weeks ago. She seems to be very sensitive to teat hole. I think she is a lazy person when it comes to sucking for milk.

Haha my baby don't like it leh .. He look very uncomfortable in the chair lo .. I find that he need time to accept new stuff leh .. Car seat, stroller, carrier la .. Haha now he seems to accept carrier, last Sunday metro got sales, daddy need to work, Mùmmy want to shop .. So I don't care, just put him in and GO!!! Haha not bad leh he look here and there once I step out my house, so Kaypoh !! The best thing is he fall sleep when I shop, when I Q for cashier, I think is the ceiling spot light that wake him up la .. Luckily almost my turn soon and he look stoning.. I faster make payment and chiong to my mum house, my mum can't handle him leh .. He cry so loud lo.. I take over from her then he stop crying .. Sigh
Hehe were you both sweating?

I find baby carrier wear always ends up we both sweating in front.

Wah Wah Wah. I missed so many messages today!

How do u all train your little one's neck? Mine is getting better at tummy time and able to hold neck at 90 degree but then still need support on the neck when carry upright. Envious of your little ones' achievement!

For teats, mine still avent 2mth hahahaha. Tried 3 mth before and cannot handle. Milk flow all over the mouth lol.

@emk your baby can accept car seat now?

If u remember, I was thrilled by baby chuckling on Mon evening. And it magically happened again! This time I was on standby mode so I managed to catch the moment on video. Shared the clip with my mum and hubby and they all cannot wait to try it for themselves. Hahaha.

Wah Wah Wah. I missed so many messages today!

How do u all train your little one's neck? Mine is getting better at tummy time and able to hold neck at 90 degree but then still need support on the neck when carry upright. Envious of your little ones' achievement!

For teats, mine still avent 2mth hahahaha. Tried 3 mth before and cannot handle. Milk flow all over the mouth lol.

@emk your baby can accept car seat now?
I think every baby progresses at their own pace, am not saying it as a platitude, it's a mix of nature and nurture. Boys tend to mature physically sooner than girls, girls linguistically and emotionally.

That being said, I think the main reason bubbles' neck is quite steady now is due to the fact that she had to be fed lying on me while I recline due to oversupply, and held upright for min. half hr after every feed. That in itself is akin to tummy time I reckon.

On the 2nd day of her jaundice check, the polyclinic Dr assigned.to us saw that I had her wrapped, and he told me it helps greatly with strengthening her neck and back muscles, so perhaps u could babywear her more frequently on top of tummy time? There is a babywear sale this weekend *nudge nudge wink wink*

Forgot to add, I babywear bubbles whenever I go out alone, for a minimum of 3 hrs. About 2-3 times a week. And at home some times while.doing chores.if she is trying to skip a nap, wraps have plenty of.sleepydust! Tho lately she has been resisting it too now that she has better control of her head she's curious about everything!

Last edited:
Haha my baby don't like it leh .. He look very uncomfortable in the chair lo .. I find that he need time to accept new stuff leh .. Car seat, stroller, carrier la .. Haha now he seems to accept carrier, last Sunday metro got sales, daddy need to work, Mùmmy want to shop .. So I don't care, just put him in and GO!!! Haha not bad leh he look here and there once I step out my house, so Kaypoh !! The best thing is he fall sleep when I shop, when I Q for cashier, I think is the ceiling spot light that wake him up la .. Luckily almost my turn soon and he look stoning.. I faster make payment and chiong to my mum house, my mum can't handle him leh .. He cry so loud lo.. I take over from her then he stop crying .. Sigh
Curious cos my friend's son also doesn't take to carriers well....do you think it's cos of his manbits getting squished? I have a friend with a 4 y/o son, she said that's the reason and the carrier they bought was hardly used..

Bubbles doesn't like to pee while wrapped, and when I asked the babywearing group, there were some mummies who said it happened to their daughters too. They would take them.out every 2 hrs or so for a breather, perhaps the pressure down there makes it uncomfy. Since I started doing so, bubbles has been more relaxed and less fussy about getting wrapped. Maybe you can try too!

Do you all have instagram? I have a pte acct full of bubbles' pics and vids that I share with only friends and family, I would love to see pics and vids of yours if you all don't mind!

PM me if keen on exchanging usernames :)

@KWL car seat still half half haha coz recently he didn't get to go by car, his daddy too busy at work so can only go out with mummy on carrier:p

@hmm from my observation, baby neck muscle need to be strong to help them flip fully, my baby was stuck at 3/4 flip for few days before he can use his neck muscle to flip it fully.
ImageUploadedByForum1477488599.364144.jpg
this is what I mean 3/4 flip,body flip over but hand not yet. Tummy time is the best to build neck muscle, but I personally feel that let them sleep on tummy like quite boring leh.. So I create some fun with it, I start with baby gym.let baby sleep on his back, move right leg up towards his tummy, right leg down, left leg up( repeat few time) , both legs up and down, right feet touch left hand, left feet touch right hand, then I said ' 1, 2,3 , eeeahh ' I put his right hand straight against his body and flip him over, he is on tummy time now ,then I play cheat this time la.. I count slowly now 1...2...3...eeeahhh' flip him over and he sleep on his back .. Like that I keep repeat lo.. He enjoys the whole process

@KWL car seat still half half haha coz recently he didn't get to go by car, his daddy too busy at work so can only go out with mummy on carrier:p

@hmm from my observation, baby neck muscle need to be strong to help them flip fully, my baby was stuck at 3/4 flip for few days before he can use his neck muscle to flip it fully. View attachment 662463this is what I mean 3/4 flip,body flip over but hand not yet. Tummy time is the best to build neck muscle, but I personally feel that let them sleep on tummy like quite boring leh.. So I create some fun with it, I start with baby gym.let baby sleep on his back, move right leg up towards his tummy, right leg down, left leg up( repeat few time) , both legs up and down, right feet touch left hand, left feet touch right hand, then I said ' 1, 2,3 , eeeahh ' I put his right hand straight against his body and flip him over, he is on tummy time now ,then I play cheat this time la.. I count slowly now 1...2...3...eeeahhh' flip him over and he sleep on his back .. Like that I keep repeat lo.. He enjoys the whole process

My mum against baby wearing and I suck at it. Hahaha. Nvm lah. I just wait for my little one to get there one day.

Now that I've mentioned emotional maturation, are your lo beginning to mimic your emotions yet? Last Sunday while waiting for hub to get bread, I played with bubbles by doing the "tchk tchk achaaaa!" face...she was grinning and smiling, and then I started frowning just for fun and teasing her...she gave me a shocked look and started pouting, I panicked and started the "tchk tchk" again...she looked confused for a bit then back to smiling.

I told hubby and he adamantly stated that I shouldn't torture her lIke that!.but but....it's a milestone, right??? She also likes to raise her eyebrows when I do so, but I always thought it was a reflexive action so....

Last edited:
Reactions: emk
Do you all have instagram? I have a pte acct full of bubbles' pics and vids that I share with only friends and family, I would love to see pics and vids of yours if you all don't mind!

I no Instagram. I live in Jurassic world.

Only Got fb. Pm me if u wanna add me

I think that analogy of heirloom jewels being crushed while baby wearing makes sense!

Fil says baby can't sit in the bamboo stool yet. Tomorrow he'll wash it thorough as he says this kind sometimes have bugs :)

I have super pte IG account of my Missy. So pte only my sistas and hubby are followers. Too x-rated already. Lol.

@hmm from my observation, baby neck muscle need to be strong to help them flip fully, my baby was stuck at 3/4 flip for few days before he can use his neck muscle to flip it fully. View attachment 662463this is what I mean 3/4 flip,body flip over but hand not yet. Tummy time is the best to build neck muscle, but I personally feel that let them sleep on tummy like quite boring leh.. So I create some fun with it, I start with baby gym.let baby sleep on his back, move right leg up towards his tummy, right leg down, left leg up( repeat few time) , both legs up and down, right feet touch left hand, left feet touch right hand, then I said ' 1, 2,3 , eeeahh ' I put his right hand straight against his body and flip him over, he is on tummy time now ,then I play cheat this time la.. I count slowly now 1...2...3...eeeahhh' flip him over and he sleep on his back .. Like that I keep repeat lo.. He enjoys the whole process
This is very helpful! I will attempt it! Ever since someone posted the video on baby gym, I have been incorporating it into bubbles' deflating (read: farting) routine! MIL came in to my room this morning and upon seeing bubbles on her side babbling at the abc poster, asked if bubbles could flip yet. Almost, but not quite. 2/3 maybe? Legs haven't crossed over like @emk jr's 3/4 flip, but arched back, head facing up, definitely getting there. The few times I did the baby gym "rollercoaster" all it required was a nudge and she would be on her tummy...probably why she's not fond of "rollercoaster" XD

Yeah, I'm quite terrible at playing with bubbles :( Another reason why she hates tummy time T.T We will be going for her first playdate with a bunch of FB punggol mummies tmrw, hope to pick up some tips from them!

I think that analogy of heirloom jewels being crushed while baby wearing makes sense!

Fil says baby can't sit in the bamboo stool yet. Tomorrow he'll wash it thorough as he says this kind sometimes have bugs :)

I have super pte IG account of my Missy. So pte only my sistas and hubby are followers. Too x-rated already. Lol.
I understand totally. I have 3 IG accts, 2 public - for my baby-related crafts with partial views of bubbles for anonymity's sake & my previous "vocation", and 1 pte as previously mentioned. Even so, there are no nudist pics of bubbles despite her proclivities, one can never be too cautious these days...and she might get mad at me in about 13 years when she finds out about that account! XD

My IG acct don't have my baby photo n video haha coz my friends told me that they hates ppl post their baby photo on fb n ig, they will unfollow / block them so I don't post lo.. When I got time I will create a pte account for my baby and let u know :)

Haha don't need la .. Give you la :)

Haha~ thank you!!

My IG account is sa_rahhhhh, also private so only add those that I know :) no nudist photo, just some bits and pieces of myself and now my boy :) I think he has completely taken over my account!~ :rolleyes:

Reactions: emk
Hihi, any mummies looking for a function room to hold their mummy groups gathering or upcoming baby shower? Spring Maternity is looking to sponsor their new function room in Suntec city for these groups of people. If u r keen, PM me, will link u up :)

I understand totally. I have 3 IG accts, 2 public - for my baby-related crafts with partial views of bubbles for anonymity's sake & my previous "vocation", and 1 pte as previously mentioned. Even so, there are no nudist pics of bubbles despite her proclivities, one can never be too cautious these days...and she might get mad at me in about 13 years when she finds out about that account! XD
Agree with snowfern. Actually I didn't post any of my baby's full pic on any social media. Nor did I share them with friends. I only take them for circulation within immediate family members.

Even when I bring the little one out to have a meal with friends, I will also remind them not to take pic.

My friends say I got mysterious baby. I feel more like a celebrity lol

Lol. I did post a couple of selfies (we-fies?) in a couple of.closed/private FB groups but even.so, she's not in the most recognizable (or flattering) poses haha.

Bubbles hasn't pooped since the one time after her vaccination. I don't think it's too much to worry about, however, I get the feeling she's gonna make today's playdate a rather memorable.one....*packs extra rompers and wet wipes*

Bubbles hasn't pooped since the one time after her vaccination. I don't think it's too much to worry about, however, I get the feeling she's gonna make today's playdate a rather memorable.one....*packs extra rompers and wet wipes*

Mine was like 7 days (inclusive of the vaccination).

- 3 days
- vaccination x 1 day
- 2 days
- finally on 7th day

I expected something bad but it was a neat pile. Just more foul smelling.

Have fun at the playdate!~ it's gonna be interesting watching all the babies interacting with each other :)

Mine was like 7 days (inclusive of the vaccination).

- 3 days
- vaccination x 1 day
- 2 days
- finally on 7th day

I expected something bad but it was a neat pile. Just more foul smelling.
Yeah, was expecting a messy stinky pool, but it was relatively drier than her usual, just more pungent.

I'm not even active in fb anymore. Yes there are friends who post their baby milestone every single day. I guess it's their own page so post all they want. I only see look my fb once a while now. Don't even comment on anything. I think fb is going to be a sunset thing leh. Or i am the sunset thing.

Last edited:
I'm not even active in fb anymore. Yes there are friends who post their baby milestone every single day. I guess it's their own page so post all they want. I only see look my fb once a while now. Don't even comment on anything. I think fb is going to be a sunset thing leh. Or i am the sunset thing.

Oops I post almost everyday lol. But my FB only close friends and family so they dun mind, cos they also not active, and we don't get to meet frequently

Used to post daily too. Mostly foodies and nail art. But have lost interest liao :p

Talking about nails. How often do you cut your babies'? Mine easily trap dirt under her nails. And now that I started work, harder to cut regularly in the day. My inlaws don't dare to cut for her.

I will check his nails daily, almost everyday sure got 1 or 2 nails need to be trim/file it Haha

I thinking to switch to goat milk leh Coz my baby got eczema on his face and whole body skin suddenly very dry leh, any mummies feeding goat milk? Is it good ?

Poor baby. I didn't know cow fm may aggravate eczema. I think goat milk more costly? But surely if it can help it's worth a try.

Ya lo I also just found out recently, PD said cow milk more allergic but then my baby mainly on breast milk, only 1 bottle of fm daily so maybe not due to cow milk, if goat milk can improve on skin problem I don't mind trying la. Anyway I got eczema and my hub got psoriasis so our baby got very sensitive skin.

My little one used to have red patchy skin and rashes. It was very bad after confinement. Then it became super dry and flaky. I went to apply California baby cream everytime after bathing and wipe down session at night and now we got smooth baby skin. Maybe u wanna try and see if there is an improvement?

Kiddy palace is selling it at $50+, Qoo can get same size at a cheaper price.

@KWL PD got give a lotio to apply but this is eczema not milk rashes so it clear and come again ... Maybe I can try the California cream on body :) thanks

@emk my hubby got bad eczema, the type that on neck behind all creases red, bumpy swollen and painful, especially weather hot and work stress, can get cracked and bleed type. Bubbles is sensitive to polyester, one time I put blanket on her, it caused both thighs and forearms to have large patches of bumpy spots the very next day.

From what hubby tell me, so many Dr prescribe steroids, creams, moisturizers...the only thing that really works is to keep drinking lots of water, and moisturize in order for the skin to stay hydrated. And when the skin is better and no open wounds or inflammation, he found that bio oil worked very well in making it smooth until no trace of eczema remained, not even the darkened skin.

For bubbles, I dare not use the bio oil on her, I use j&j baby lotion, continuously moisturize and bathe only in water or with a few drops of Kodomo rice milk bath soap, then rinse off. Some ppl say bm bath also good, it works to control my hubby eczema, but I can't stand the smell of fbm so I never try for bubbles.

Maybe bubbles case is mild for now. Just sharing my experience for your future reference.

I just found patches of dry skin on both of my boy'/ legs. Bought a huge bottle of the Cetaphil body motion, don't know if it works. If not I'll just buy the California lotion and use the other bottle on myself ;)

Used to post daily too. Mostly foodies and nail art. But have lost interest liao :p

Talking about nails. How often do you cut your babies'? Mine easily trap dirt under her nails. And now that I started work, harder to cut regularly in the day. My inlaws don't dare to cut for her.
Every Thursday, but since today outing I cut yesterday in case she scratch other bb...I use daiso baby nail scissors cut when she's asleep, back against my tummy, reclined.

Is scissor easier compared to baby nail cutter?

I don't think my baby will ever sleep on my tummy on her back. Haha. She only will sleep chest to chest when on me.

Her nails grow pretty fast. If once a week cut then her nails are "dangerous" for everyone. She has been scratching her face and others who carry her. It's easiest to cut when she is on her bouncer napping. Now that I start work and when I'm home at evening , she is sleeping on her cot so a challenge to cut.

Last edited:
@emk I was discussing the cot bumper dilemma with one of the mummies I met today, she came through for us!

http://poshbaby.sg/collections/sales/products/breathablebaby-mesh-crib-liner

I bought 2 sets! Today she tried to flip but wind up her chin got caught on the bar, can u imagine my shock and horror seeing her in such an awkward angle...

Only brown left though, but price is hard to beat. Fast hand fast leg!
Wow good deal leh .. Ok I buy now!! Omg chin caught on the bar so dangerous ..

@snowfern yup many doctor will give steroid cream, moisturizer which I have it already. Now my baby waist there also got circular dry skin look like eczema leh

I just found patches of dry skin on both of my boy'/ legs. Bought a huge bottle of the Cetaphil body motion, don't know if it works. If not I'll just buy the California lotion and use the other bottle on myself ;)
Ya faster apply !!! At first I feel some dry patches too, then start to apply sebamed but doesn't work leh ,. Now the dry patch got circular shape.

Wow so chim. Feel so ignorant. I find the California cream good and effective for the rashes that my little one has. I even started putting on myself hahahahahahaha. Cos I read this newspaper article while eating that if the product is safe for baby, it is and will be beneficial to adults too.

Back