2016/07 July babies

Hehe mil says ok. But at times cried and laogai. Like my pil brought her to the temple yesterday. Wanna pray but she wailed. Must be have done something wrong (naughty) so cried, so we joked.

However it's today that I'm worried. Today mil can't take leave so my sil and hubby are home with baby. He just told me she is being cranky so far. I feel my mil can handle better of baby than him.

I think your baby is looking for comfort suck? I have no plan to introduce pacifier but my mil started her with a little hankie on her mouth and now it's like a pacifier. She doesn't need it all the time but when she is very tired and cranky, give her the hankie and she will play play and suck suck and fall asleep.

For my baby cot I only put the bumper for top and one of the side, the other side which near to our bed I never put bumper so my baby can see me from there, he will give me a big smile when he wake up in the morning n saw me sleeping there. But just now after bath, I leave him in the cot n walk out to throw his diaper, suddenly I heard he cry so loud.. Quickly walk in and see .. Omg..he flip and one of his leg is outside the cot and stuck between the gap. He is shouting for help lo .. Mummies should I put bumper for all side? If like that I can't see him from my bed leh
Oh safety first is important. My baby seems to still sleep like a log as in she doesn't move anywhere in the cot. But the bumper is all ready at home once she needs it.

For my baby cot I only put the bumper for top and one of the side, the other side which near to our bed I never put bumper so my baby can see me from there, he will give me a big smile when he wake up in the morning n saw me sleeping there. But just now after bath, I leave him in the cot n walk out to throw his diaper, suddenly I heard he cry so loud.. Quickly walk in and see .. Omg..he flip and one of his leg is outside the cot and stuck between the gap. He is shouting for help lo .. Mummies should I put bumper for all side? If like that I can't see him from my bed leh
! I also dunno how to advise you! I think th bumper can tie lower maybe? So u can still see? Or is that unsafe??

Hmm mine don't seem like due to hungry leh.. After feeding him milk and wanna coax him to sleep, he will turn n suck my arm, I switch to carry upright then he suck his fists..
Sounds like comfort sucking or exploring to me, maybe even gums itchy? Time to bring out those bibs and face towels!

Sounds like comfort sucking or exploring to me, maybe even gums itchy? Time to bring out those bibs and face towels!
Yea he is on bibs for one weeks plus, coz he saliva drool a lot leh, very sticky lo .. Drool on my floor sigh .got to make his lazy Mùmmy mop floor today, cannot wait till part time helper come.

@redvel your baby so gentle, sleep like a princess. My baby sleep like a lizard.. Moving up n hit his head at the baby cot then move down. Sometime when I wanna go to bed and saw him almost hit the cot, then my hand go underneath his blanket, grab both legs n pull him down Haha

Lol I know what you mean by pulling his legs that way.

When mine sleeps, her legs are like diamond shape and her hands are spread up like a police points a gun ask her to freeze. Whole sleep is like that one. Now think back she has been sleeping like this since unswaddled after first month.

Just thought of sharing this IG. I'm amazed by how strong this little baby is! Baby did a strong flip at 3mths 10dys.
http://instagram.com/ann_laisuthruklai

@emk put bumper safer leh. Mine does anti clockwise rotation while sleeping. Can u lower a part of the bumper so that he can still look at u?

@redvel envious of ur sleeping child. Mine wakes up at the slightest sound. One night I just bathed and walked into the nursery and my baby fussed. Wah lao! So Sensitive to scent meh!!!

Btw have any mummies encountered thunderstorms in the middle of the night? How to battle it so that little one is not scared? Carry all the way?

Somehow I think my BM supply is dipping. Sian. I think it is because my little one is drinking a lot less

@KWL yea I decided to put bumper all over Coz another incident happen, Aiyo this time is head go knock at the cot and shouting for help.
ImageUploadedByForum1477393355.527910.jpg
oh if lower the cot level will be too low for me to bend down do changing for him. Hmm when he know how to climb then I will lower the cot level.
So far my baby ok with thunder storm, hope I don't jinx it haha. He only sensitive during day time nap, even my kneel joint ' creep ' sound also can wake him up.

Reactions: KWL
My baby got block nose leh, I manage to suck out using this from pigeon, how ar? Let him auto recover or see doctor ?
ImageUploadedByForum1477393909.566600.jpg

Past hour thunderstorm is so scary!!! Aiyo I'm very scared of lightning and thunder. I do have astraphobia. Lucky baby is opposite. She has been napping past 1.5hrs; only twitches when there's loud thunder. Instead I'm so scared I don't even dare to open my eyes.

@KWL I don't know how man to "train" baby not scared of thunder. I myself have no cure. Ha. But I think hugging baby during the storm will be so nice for your princess.

@emk Poor baby knocked his head! Did you trim his hair? Heh so straight and neat the back. My inlaws keep saying go cut my gal's hair. Indeed kinda messy now and the back is quite long and uneven, not to mention top standing ones. But I can't bear to cut it. Let it be till they all drop.

The apparatus looks complicated. Does it work?

Re: bumper, I am quite worried about using it before she turns 1, as recommended by various baby sites... I thought about, and prepared some material to sew those individual bumpers for each slat, but my imagination tells me, even if individual slat, later she roll roll just nice mouth and nose get trapped against that one slat also like that what. Is it better to let her risk getting a few bumps, than raise the risk of SIDS/getting smothered?...

Chum. At the rate my paranoia is going she might never get to leave the house....

Re: thunderstorm, I found this worked so far, with my brother and bubbles, dunno will change later or not. Each time she gets alarmed by sudden loud noises or thunder and cries, I will not pick her up immediately, but pat pat her gently and shushing in her ear to tell her, "it's ok, mommy's here, it's just the thunder/rubbish chute! Very loud hor? But it's ok, you're safe..." if cannot calm her that way then I pick up and repeat until she calms down and put down.

My reasoning is, if I react as if it's dangerous and scary, she will react similarly. Just now while burping her got one large crack of thunder, she paused her babbling to look out the window, and I reassured her it's ok in a low gentle tone, she continued babbling. I've had to do this quite a bit, because like your lo @KWL , she gets startled very easily and can smell me when I enter the room de...even deep sleep will stir...

Last edited:
@emk - I've nvr tried it, but u think clingwrap the entire length of your cot will work? It will prevent bb's limbs from getting stuck between while at same time still allow him to see you. Just thinking out of the box la, imagine it will b really unsightly tho! N dangerous if not done tightly.

@KWL - I feel you on thunderstorms (for me, howling wind as well as I stay very high). Last wk so many nights like that, I ended up carrying for almost two hrs. Not that she's scared, but the wind and rain too loud, every time she's about to fall aslp again the wind will howl or rain beat hard against window panes. Damn siong. I left music on for whole night, helps just a little. Yet to find a solution.

On supply issue, I just bought an oat drink (those packet kind) from NTUC, brand is Oatly, I feel my supply has increased these 2 days, frequency of letdown seems higher than usual. I take it with granola in a bid to eat more healthily. Can give it a try.

@redvel yeah I trim for him. Haha the top part getting longer and I though once it get longer the hair will come down but no lo.. Still standing high up and brush against my chin when I carry him upright. I trim the top part, and both side to prevent the hair cover his ear and back of his hair. I place him on playmat and slowly trim it, the scissor sound ' cha cha ' he though I'm playing with him so he keep laughing. For his back I put him on tummy and trim it. But yours is girl leh .. It's ok to keep it long and can put a nice clip on it :p

@snowfern 1 yrs old ? Oh no ... My baby sleep already, I can't remove it. But if without the bumper, it not only knock here and there, just like tuna mention, their limbs will stuck between the gap just like what had happen to my baby this morning, his whole leg go through the gap and hanging in the air ..

@snowfern 1 yrs old ? Oh no ... My baby sleep already, I can't remove it. But if without the bumper, it not only knock here and there, just like tuna mention, their limbs will stuck between the gap just like what had happen to my baby this morning, his whole leg go through the gap and hanging in the air ..
Since he already very steady bompipi I think less of a worry cos he can move his head to breathe.... maybe find a way to fold down the bumper by half? So he still can see u and vice versa, and his legs won't slip thru?

Try slotting the bumper between the crib and the mattress to prevent SID? Especially cos yours seems to be ribbon tie at two ends only.

Poor quality pic cos lights off Liao. I keep bumper ends tucked between so should be safe. My chor lor ones sometimes will kiao kah on top of the bumper.
IMG_1029.JPG

Regarding thunderstorm, howling wind and rain - chum. The only solution right now sehug little one and to use @snowfern calming method.

KWL your bumper seems more secure leh ..yea mine just ribbon tied on top and bottom, ok Tml I go fix it when my baby wake up.

Morning.

Anyone started baby on bumbo seat? Thought it's getting boring for baby to be lying on bouncer. Any negative side effect ?

Morning.

Anyone started baby on bumbo seat? Thought it's getting boring for baby to be lying on bouncer. Any negative side effect ?
I think only can let them sit when their neck is stable. My baby don't like it, very cramp. I don't know your girl can fit in or not.

Oh...I'm trying to collect a preloved to try try first. If she likes then buy a new one. My gal neck is ok but don't know she will dislike being in it since I read some babies just hate it.

Morning.

I considered buying one at the last fair, then came.back to do a bit of review-readings. It seems can only use a while if bb are big, and since bubbles has thunder thighs, I opted not to buy it. Also as @emk pointed out, several sites warn against propping up babies before baby's neck and back is strong enough, as the weight of the head will cause postural issues during development...

That's one of my concerns too, snowfern. However my sis' twins grew up in it (for few mths) and so far ok la. Now 2yrs plus of age already. Also don't want her to lie down too often due to flat head.

That's one of my concerns too, snowfern. However my sis' twins grew up in it (for few mths) and so far ok la. Now 2yrs plus of age already. Also don't want her to lie down too often due to flat head.
Nodnod, like that hor, can try giving ur baby more tummy time or babywear her to strengthen neck first? That's what I'm ramping up everyday, even 2 mins in the morning before she gives up I also happy. Cos I want to transition her to a pen, and let her try to sit on her own fast fast so I no need to waste more money lol

My gal's neck is ok. Just she can't sit yet of course. When I sit her on my lap, she always looks down at her toes.

The seat looks great! Are you gonna diy one snowfern? :)

That's so classic! Good that the little man loves it. Where did she buy it may I know? Actually it's been something we wanna get too. But forgotten about it.

I can imagine the happiness of witnessing the milestone :):)

Last edited:
That's so classic! Good that the little man loves it. Where did she buy it may I know? Actually it's been something we wanna get too. But forgotten about it.

I can imagine the happiness of witnessing the milestone :):)

She bought it at the Tampines market, exact location got to check with her again :)

My gal's neck is ok. Just she can't sit yet of course. When I sit her on my lap, she always looks down at her toes.

The seat looks great! Are you gonna diy one snowfern? :)

Haha for $10 I will buy! Material already cost more XD and ya, my girl also can sit straight a bit better now, but when tired will slump, then I scared she cannot breathe properly....

Hmmm if tied to you still ok but tie to a chair not so safety leh, wait baby struggle or move towards one side and cause the side pressure higher and loss of center of gravity, chair and baby will fall together leh
Ya hor, didn't think.of that :( but bb so light, should be ok if I jaga...then again like that I might as well put in high chair hor...hrmm

You saw the video of the guy who tried to kidnap a baby straight from a shopping trolley? I see liow damn scared. I want to get the seat cover, got seatbelt some more.

I didn't see the video but I've always wanted to get shopping cart seat! They should be sitting comfy while grocery shopping and not on cold steel. But now isit too small to sit in one?

@snowfern I didn't see the video, but in this case, actually there is this kid leash to tie the child with mother, I saw many European mother at airport custom who travel with kids alone using this so they can be hand free to hand over their passport to custom officer. Some people will not agree to leash their kid like a dog but we know la .. Go out with kids alone is very challenging especially they can walk and run around and not safe in crowded around.
https://www.amazon.com/Mommys-Helper-Kid-Keeper-Count/dp/B00081L2SU/ref=zg_bs_2237486011_1

@snowfern I didn't see the video, but in this case, actually there is this kid leash to tie the child with mother, I saw many European mother at airport custom who travel with kids alone using this so they can be hand free to hand over their passport to custom officer. Some people will not agree to leash their kid like a dog but we know la .. Go out with kids alone is very challenging especially they can walk and run around and not safe in crowded around.
https://www.amazon.com/Mommys-Helper-Kid-Keeper-Count/dp/B00081L2SU/ref=zg_bs_2237486011_1

I don't give a flying **** what people think about that, cos if they are not a parent, let alone a parent of an active kid, they will never understand. My brother was a sprinter, not runner, SPRINTER. My mom had to get a harness to strap him to us and she got so many dirty looks and snide comments.

Those days the harness not cute and backpack like now, really like leash. But I believe it saved us a lot of trouble, and taught my brother about boundaries.

And ya, the kidnap incidences seem to be rising. Or is it just social media mass hysteria?

I didn't see the video but I've always wanted to get shopping cart seat! They should be sitting comfy while grocery shopping and not on cold steel. But now isit too small to sit in one?
some shopping cart seat come with infant insert also. For me I will push my stroller out and put all the grocery items in my stroller basket :p ntuc n giant just opposite my house.

http://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=48188436

I think too small ley and I scared ppl touch touch her cos she not fully vaccinated yet! But I also want to get!

My hub and MIL brought my boy to JB to walk walk when he was just 3 months old lor.. that whole day I couldn't concentrate much at work cause worry about them. These cases of kidnapping cases are quite scary nowadays. Even in Singapore also have cases of people trying to take your kids. As mother now, totally can understand the anxiety when we go crowded places.

Aiya u so fast!!! Actually I can lend u to try for a week before u decide to get a new one since we stay so near.
Haha you also own one? I just collected it. I don't mind to keep it as just a part of furniture if baby doesn't like it. Your baby enjoys in it too like sarahhh's?

Thanks so much for offering! My time at yishun house is very unpredictable now. I find at inlaws place, I really can rest better since many hands there to babysit. But I also miss own home because of own space.

Haha you also own one? I just collected it. I don't mind to keep it as just a part of furniture if baby doesn't like it. Your baby enjoys in it too like sarahhh's?

Thanks so much for offering! My time at yishun house is very unpredictable now. I find at inlaws place, I really can rest better since many hands there to babysit. But I also miss own home because of own space.
Haha my baby don't like it leh .. He look very uncomfortable in the chair lo .. I find that he need time to accept new stuff leh .. Car seat, stroller, carrier la .. Haha now he seems to accept carrier, last Sunday metro got sales, daddy need to work, Mùmmy want to shop .. So I don't care, just put him in and GO!!! Haha not bad leh he look here and there once I step out my house, so Kaypoh !! The best thing is he fall sleep when I shop, when I Q for cashier, I think is the ceiling spot light that wake him up la .. Luckily almost my turn soon and he look stoning.. I faster make payment and chiong to my mum house, my mum can't handle him leh .. He cry so loud lo.. I take over from her then he stop crying .. Sigh

Back