Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Gynae just said it might still be too early and i did the tummy scan. Hopefully things will turn out well. Very worried when there is nothing in the sac.

Gynae just said it might still be too early and i did the tummy scan. Hopefully things will turn out well. Very worried when there is nothing in the sac.

Your Gynae did not do a vaginal scan? For me at 6+ wks they could hardly see even the gestational sac via the tummy scan cos I have a tilted uterus, but via vaginal scan the fetal pole n HB is v clear. Are u going back for another scan soon? Maybe can ask for vaginal scan. Good luck!

Ok. Will be gg back for another scan next week. Doc also discover haemamato (blood clot) in my womb, hope it will not affect my fetus.

Thanks skyangel. :) any impact in terms of "wold wives tales" ? I heard that if you paint the house, then the baby may get blotches on the face (eg. birth mark on the face).. so i am not sure about art painting (acrylic painting)..
I think if you have the slightest concern over this painting thing, don't do cos you don't want to keep worrying about blotches on the face - you can always paint after the baby's out

I think if you have the slightest concern over this painting thing, don't do cos you don't want to keep worrying about blotches on the face - you can always paint after the baby's out

at first i do not have any concerns.. until my dad ask "you can paint?". my thoughts are i know i am not able to paint the house. -_- then he told me not to do the canvas painting.. :(

The gynae can see the sac because i was having full bladder to prepare for the scan. Just that there is nothing in the sac.

Might be still too early, and tummy scan isn't the best way to assess at this stage. Also remember that the gestation weeks is just an estimate cos IVF pregnancies gestation will be somewhat 'off' if we use conventional method to estimate. For very early stage of pregnancy the most detailed scan will be via vaginal.

Personal experience: only can see sac with no pole via vaginal scan at 6 weeks, then at 8 weeks can see heartbeat.

at first i do not have any concerns.. until my dad ask "you can paint?". my thoughts are i know i am not able to paint the house. -_- then he told me not to do the canvas painting.. :(
Wow Chrissie now that you say. I didn't realize i shld consider this as painting. I did painting with my no1 and also play with thumbs plus tooth brush painting. Terrible of me that it didn't cross my mind.

Might be still too early, and tummy scan isn't the best way to assess at this stage. Also remember that the gestation weeks is just an estimate cos IVF pregnancies gestation will be somewhat 'off' if we use conventional method to estimate. For very early stage of pregnancy the most detailed scan will be via vaginal.

Personal experience: only can see sac with no pole via vaginal scan at 6 weeks, then at 8 weeks can see heartbeat.
Thanks for the assurance. I had a mid term miscarriage in feb so i am quite paranoid over this preg.

Am curious. ...how long/time span will it take d FE to defroze?

N any one pls share roughly how does d procedure/process of doing frozen cycle ?

As am on no paid leave now n still considering should I try for #2 although I only hv left 1 frozen ....if d frozen cycle fail at least I know I will close shop ..don't think I hv d energy/strong mindset to go thro fresh cycle le....

TIA

I'm not sure how long it'll take to defrost. My cycle was a delayed transfer so basically I had FET.
There's medicated and natural.
Medicated means you have medicine etc to induce ovulation and natural means leave you to ovulate on your own which is rather risky.
For mine, it was natural and almost went crazy waiting for ovulation.
Dr will ask to go for scan a couple of times to see if there are follicles growing ie. to check size so can roughly estimate ovulation.
At home, I have to do my own test for ovulation.
Once it's positive, then I have to call them and since mine is a D2 embryo, I come down 2 days later.
On proposed ET day, I come to the hospital and have to wait for the result to see if the embryo thaw successfully. Once it thaws, I get a progesterone injection and go to the OT for the ET.

Wow Chrissie now that you say. I didn't realize i shld consider this as painting. I did painting with my no1 and also play with thumbs plus tooth brush painting. Terrible of me that it didn't cross my mind.

to be honest, i dont really believe in that as i would think painting of the house is different as canvas painting as canvas painting is a form of art.. so i am actually quite sad that i am not able to paint a picture for my baby's room.. :(

to be honest, i dont really believe in that as i would think painting of the house is different as canvas painting as canvas painting is a form of art.. so i am actually quite sad that i am not able to paint a picture for my baby's room.. :(
How about adding the picture after baby is born and while u are doing confinement? Since it is canvas, you can do it in the living room. And maybe get the non toxic paints material. So that it has no smell.

How about adding the picture after baby is born and while u are doing confinement? Since it is canvas, you can do it in the living room. And maybe get the non toxic paints material. So that it has no smell.

yea it seems like i dont have much of a choice now.. i have to wait until i am done with delivery then i can start painting. well hopefully i will not be too tired to even paint by then. i dont know what to expect though. it's my first child. HEHE ;)

Coz i scare showhand the 7, then none survived till blast. I was also toying with the idea of thawing 4 and if cannot survive to D5, the next FET i may choose to transfer a thawed D3.
Actually, if by default, (touchwood), all are unhealthy, regardless when and how many you thaw, doesn't make any difference. In fact, if you thaw all 7, you "save"one cycle.

Besides, the embryologist will monitor and they will call you up to a transfer on D3/D4 in the event they see that the embryos are screaming for help, tio bo? Let me know your thoughts cos I may (or may not) meet that kind of situation soon :p

Actually, the best is to wait till baby's out - play safe lo. Anyway, your baby will not appreciate the painting when he or she is out - newborns do not understand art :p

yea it seems like i dont have much of a choice now.. i have to wait until i am done with delivery then i can start painting. well hopefully i will not be too tired to even paint by then. i dont know what to expect though. it's my first child. HEHE ;)
when you have a newborn, the first and only thing parents can think of is zzzzz....:p really no time for ownself.

Ms. Chia. Best not to do anything. Moreover u have asked/doubt. play safe. Leave it first. Dun do. My piece of advice. Have plenty of rest

Tml gg try start bub on his first taste of rice cereal :)

But am unsure how much should I start with? Is 1 tsp cereal mixed with bm/fm (watery state) too little ? and is it suppose to replace 1 feed of bm/fm?

Should be a messy affair I guess n was thinking to just have bub in his diaper n bib w/o his top but scare he will be cold...haha...

Actually, if by default, (touchwood), all are unhealthy, regardless when and how many you thaw, doesn't make any difference. In fact, if you thaw all 7, you "save"one cycle.Besides, the embryologist will monitor and they will call you up to a transfer on D3/D4 in the event they see that the embryos are screaming for help, tio bo? Let me know your thoughts cos I may (or may not) meet that kind of situation soon :p
Agree with you, tts why i showhand 7. But HH's original intention was for me to thaw 4 first and leave the 3 for the next cycle (if any). Coz with the current technology, most of the embryos should survive the thaw. And an average of 50% should grow to D5. He wanted me to transfer only 1, so transferring 4 should be good enough. You know la, it's always a dilemma to transfer 1 or 2. I always insisted on 2 to maximize the chance. But with 2 children, i can't decide if i want to continue to try 2. Will hijack HH and ask again before he goes away next week.

But am unsure how much should I start with? Is 1 tsp cereal mixed with bm/fm (watery state) too little ? and is it suppose to replace 1 feed of bm/fm? Should be a messy affair I guess n was thinking to just have bub in his diaper n bib w/o his top but scare he will be cold...haha...
For me, if it is the first time bub is trying cereal, i do not replace his milk feeds. Instead, i will feed him like 5-6 teaspoons in-between feeds to get him into the habit of pushing the food back and swallowing it. Once i observed that bub can swallow, i will replace either 1 morning feed or 1 noon feed with cereals. Your bub should be about 7 months already?

Once i observed that bub can swallow, i will replace either 1 morning feed or 1 noon feed with cereals. Your bub should be about 7 months already?

Bub is 6 month plus :) n hv been curious whenever we eat lately ...he will stare n lick his mouth. ..haha...

But am unsure how much should I start with? Is 1 tsp cereal mixed with bm/fm (watery state) too little ? and is it suppose to replace 1 feed of bm/fm?

Should be a messy affair I guess n was thinking to just have bub in his diaper n bib w/o his top but scare he will be cold...haha...
Start from small feeds first....this is like his "snack", shouldn't replace any milk yet...

Start from small feeds first....this is like his "snack", shouldn't replace any milk yet...
Agree with you, tts why i showhand 7. But HH's original intention was for me to thaw 4 first and leave the 3 for the next cycle (if any). Coz with the current technology, most of the embryos should survive the thaw. And an average of 50% should grow to D5. He wanted me to transfer only 1, so transferring 4 should be good enough. You know la, it's always a dilemma to transfer 1 or 2. I always insisted on 2 to maximize the chance. But with 2 children, i can't decide if i want to continue to try 2. Will hijack HH and ask again before he goes away next week.
Ok Ok, let me know ok, happy to know your updates again

Actually not to scare you.. but rest/sleep is what you want A LOT. But you get VERY LITTLE. :p So now go get alllll the rest and sleep you can. First thing I thought when I first went home was - why didn't I sleep A LOT when I was pregnant. :p
YA!! I agree, I kick myself for staying up late to surf facebook & watch late night TV during pregnancy...

Now I am forced to wake up whenever #2 cried for milk at 4am...(feed him, changed diapers all in all takes about 1-2 hours) By the time I am in bed for a short while, #1 wakes up :/

Actually not to scare you.. but rest/sleep is what you want A LOT. But you get VERY LITTLE. :p So now go get alllll the rest and sleep you can. First thing I thought when I first went home was - why didn't I sleep A LOT when I was pregnant. :p

LOL. To be honest, i am very nervous for my delivery. i know it's gonna be VERY/EXTREMELY painful..

my friend, aunty and godma told me not to take that coz it causes backache and not able to cure.. issit true?
Hmmm I had epidural for my elective c sec but I do not have any backache issue. My gf also had epidural for her #1 4 years ago and no backache problem. Instead I do hear a lot of backache issues due to bad posture or position when changing diapers/clothes or bathing baby which I believe is something that we really need to take note and try to prevent

Hmmm I had epidural for my elective c sec but I do not have any backache issue. My gf also had epidural for her #1 4 years ago and no backache problem. Instead I do hear a lot of backache issues due to bad posture or position when changing diapers/clothes or bathing baby which I believe is something that we really need to take note and try to prevent

i am still thinking if i wanna get epidural though. my hubs told me not to as i guess we are both not knowledgeable as it is our first child. so we just listen to whatever comes our way..

my friend, aunty and godma told me not to take that coz it causes backache and not able to cure.. issit true?
aiyo, PERSONALLY, I think it's silly not to opt for epidural if you are going natural. The pain is excruciating just by the cervical check alone. If you can tahan the cervical check, you can try not to go for epidural.

Of cos, talk is cheap, your friends, aunty & godma are not undergoing the pain, of cos they will say that epidural is bad etc. It's up to you. If you think you can tahan the unnecessary pain, then jia you.

LOL. To be honest, i am very nervous for my delivery. i know it's gonna be VERY/EXTREMELY painful..

Don't worry.. you see all of us here who have delivered but are itching to have no 2 or 3? Means it's ok one. :p After baby come out, all will be forgotten. Plus with epidural, it's bliss!

I was stubborn at first and didn't take epidural or anything until after my waterbag burst. I think it was after 18.5hrs. Until finally I couldn't stand the pain and I was only still 4-5cm dilated with a baby whose heartbeat was going down. The epidural was super bliss.

Choose what's best for yourself and baby. I was lucky my gynae was stern to me otherwise I don't know what would have happened.

Don't worry.. you see all of us here who have delivered but are itching to have no 2 or 3? Means it's ok one. :p After baby come out, all will be forgotten. Plus with epidural, it's bliss!

I was stubborn at first and didn't take epidural or anything until after my waterbag burst. I think it was after 18.5hrs. Until finally I couldn't stand the pain and I was only still 4-5cm dilated with a baby whose heartbeat was going down. The epidural was super bliss.

Choose what's best for yourself and baby. I was lucky my gynae was stern to me otherwise I don't know what would have happened.

is the epidural injection painful?

Back