Any good Chinese and English home tutors to recommend?

Hi,

Sorry to bother you guys. This is a little irrelevant from the current thread but I need your help. It is a survey to find out people's opinions on ad-hoc tuition. The feedback you give me through this survey would allow me to better understand ad-hoc tuition from your point of view which is important to me. I would appreciate if you spend some time to think through the survey. Once again, thank you!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/B59PTZ9

Regards,
Nicholas123

Looking for a Chinese language home tutor for my K2 boy. Once a week, preferably 1hr-session.

Pls pm me.

I am also looking for a Chinese language home tutor for my K1 boy. Once a week, preferably 1hr-session.

Pls pm me.

Hi, I'd like to help you.

I know of a ex Hwa Chong friend who gives English Tuition especially for secondary and JC, as well as IP and IB. Also there's another person who does Math and have 6 years of experience. Please contact me directly at 90181615.

Hello all, I am a tutor myself and also have a network of tutors who can take on immediate assignments. If you are keen, whatsapp me at 9797-0417.

Hi Miss Semper, have pm you, for the contact of your english tutor. Thks.
Also, realised that you got a chinese tutor last year. How is the chinese tutor? Can get from you the contact also? Thks!
If anyone is looking for an English tutor, I can highly recommend mine. She was recommended to me by my friend who has one son doing IB program in top school and her daughter in P5. Both her kids and my son have improved a great deal since she started teaching them. She also teaches JC students. Very well spoken and has been teaching for years. Do PM me if you needed her contact.

Hi Ms.Semper,
Would you pm me the contact of this English tutor.Kindly send me her contact to [email protected].

Thanks

Last edited:
I have been engaging a Chinese tutor called Ms Loh (Luolaoshi) for many years for my kids. She is highly qualified and can speak extremely fluent Chinese and both my girls got A* for PSLE under her. She only teaches in the North and West areas. Can reach her at 98372337. Hope this helps all mummies out there!

Hi, looking for a Chinese tutor for my active k1 boy. He has totally no interest in Chinese so hope to build his interest. Staying at woodlands and looking at 1 hour per week. Pls pm me if there are any suitable recommendations

If you're looking for chinese tutors, can try http://tuitionfinder.sg recommended by one of my close friends. Heard tutors go through strict regulations and interviews before they are hired. the website also matches your child according to the right tutor so if you're looking for a tutor for long term basis can try this website. Recently just engaged a chem teacher from here for my boy because it's his weakest subject. Anything can pm me :)

Hi,

I am looking for a Chinese tutor for my P1 boy. He has totally no interest in chinese and got difficulty in reading. Need a experience and patient tutor. I am in Punggol. Please email me at [email protected]

Thanks

Hi everyone! For those who have requested my son's English tutor's contact, I have replied you privately. My apologies for the delay in reply as I have not been watching this thread recently.

It's best to pm me directly so that it will pop up in my email. The alerts for this thread doesn't seem to work at all!

I am looking for Chinese Tutor prefer to go to tutor's place as my house got big dog not convenient.
Hopefully can find some experience one to guide my K2 girl on hanyu pin yin and so on. The tutor should reside near sembawang MRT.

PM me if you have anyone to recommend. THanks

I am looking for Chinese Tutor and Science Tutor for my gal P5 and I am in Punggol.
Please PM me if you have anyone to recommend
Thanks

Hi everyone! For those who have requested my son's English tutor's contact, I have replied you privately. My apologies for the delay in reply as I have not been watching this thread recently.

It's best to pm me directly so that it will pop up in my email. The alerts for this thread doesn't seem to work at all!

Could you share your tutor's contact with me at 93864348. Thank you.

Hi,

I am looking for a experience English teacher to teach my girl(Pri 3) mainly creative writing, comprehension and oral @ Bedok. If you know of any please message me at 93864348.

Thank you.

hi Ms Semper

can help to share yr english tutor contact?
my email is [email protected]

tks so much in advance.

Hi all! For those who have requested my son's tutor's contact, I have replied privately.
I am not sure of her availability as she's quite popular so do contact her directly.

I am going to reconsider having a private tutor for next year so if anyone has good contacts for maths and chinese for P6 and Sec1, please PM me directly clicking on my nick Semper Fedelis, and then clicking on 'Start a Conversation'. My alerts for this thread doesn't work unless I get a private message.... Don't know why it doesn't work even after selecting to be notified!!)

Thanks a lot!

Hi Mummies,

I have a great contact for Tutor who have been teaching English, Science and Maths for Primary 1 - 6 and Secondary 1 - 5.

Her name is Sherry, has been tutoring for 6 years ! She can be reach at +65-9656-9574.

Have a good weekend :)

I am looking for tuition teachers in the east conducting 1-1 or group tuition at their own place or at a tuition centre for P4. Preferably Chinese and Science. Any recommendations?

Hi, I m looking for English tutor for my girl turning P3 next year. Please text me 90253280 if any recommendation. Staying in Tampines. Thanks.

Hi,
Looking for a Chinese tutor for my kids (P2 & K2 next year). Preferably to come to my place in Punggol (2 mins walk from Punggol MRT station). Classes to be conducted on weekdays.

Thank you.

Hi,
Looking for a Chinese tutor for my kids (P2 & K2 next year). Preferably to come to my place in Punggol (2 mins walk from Punggol MRT station). Classes to be conducted on weekdays.

Thank you.

Hi hi MamaB !

You may reach out to Sherry @ +65-9656-9574. She actually does tutoring to young kids for Chinese.

Cheerios ! : )

Hi! I am looking for a German conversation tutor. Please let me know if you know you know of any tutor.

On another note, I have a wonderful Chinese tutor for my twin boys. She specializes in Preschool to Grade 2 Chinese tutoring, esp for non-native or reluctant learners. I went through many tutors, even MOE teachers and mainland Chinese teachers for my two active boys before finding her. The others couldn't capture their attention and it was often a struggle ending in scoldings. She teaches with a more 'Western' style so lessons are more interactive, involves reading storybooks and exploration. Downside is she's not a mainland Chinese tutor but it helps the boys understand her since she 'speaks their language'. I'm so happy with her because now the boys can say 'Chinese is alright' and look forward to her class instead of shouting 'I hate Chinese' like before. I don't mind passing her contact on but she's quite busy so just try your luck if she has an opening.

With 5 kids, my advice to parents is find a teacher who can 'speak their language' rather than a teacher who has great 'on paper' qualifications and charge a bomb just to make your kids do assessment books and drills without understanding them.

My kids enjoy learning languages now. Hence looking for a German tutor for my oldest girl.

Hi mummies, l am looking for p3&p4, eng,math,sci Tutor ,near sengkang , my kid is slow learner ,patient as responsible tutor ,pls pm me price n contact tks

Hi mummies, l am looking for p3&p4, eng,math,sci Tutor ,near sengkang , my kid is slow learner ,patient as responsible tutor ,pls pm me price n contact tks

Hi parents! Not exactly the right place to share this info but since I am active on this thread, I decided to upload the info here.

I received info on this Kidzania event when I went to sign up for the holiday enrichment program at Seeds of Success. Sounds very interesting especially now that the school holidays are starting very soon. I was planning to go to Kidzania this holidays so this caught my eye. It's their 1st Kidzania Campout and Parent Forum. Includes tickets to Kidzania, parent and kid programs and dinner. They also made arrangements for hotels deals on Sentosa too! Sounds very good! Do check out their website for more details. www.seedsofsuccess.sg
I will be signing up so if any of you are going, please PM me.

Attachments

• Flyer-KidZania-Unplugged1.jpg
    Flyer-KidZania-Unplugged1.jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 655
  • Flyer-KidZania-Unplugged2.jpg
    Flyer-KidZania-Unplugged2.jpg
    509.2 KB · Views: 666
Last edited:
Hi! I am looking for a German conversation tutor. Please let me know if you know you know of any tutor.

On another note, I have a wonderful Chinese tutor for my twin boys. She specializes in Preschool to Grade 2 Chinese tutoring, esp for non-native or reluctant learners. I went through many tutors, even MOE teachers and mainland Chinese teachers for my two active boys before finding her. The others couldn't capture their attention and it was often a struggle ending in scoldings. She teaches with a more 'Western' style so lessons are more interactive, involves reading storybooks and exploration. Downside is she's not a mainland Chinese tutor but it helps the boys understand her since she 'speaks their language'. I'm so happy with her because now the boys can say 'Chinese is alright' and look forward to her class instead of shouting 'I hate Chinese' like before. I don't mind passing her contact on but she's quite busy so just try your luck if she has an opening.

With 5 kids, my advice to parents is find a teacher who can 'speak their language' rather than a teacher who has great 'on paper' qualifications and charge a bomb just to make your kids do assessment books and drills without understanding them.

My kids enjoy learning languages now. Hence looking for a German tutor for my oldest girl.

Have you tried Agape language centre? They are pretty good and quite popular! They even cater for those in playgroup.

I have a Chinese tutor for my daughter and she is very good with kids. Have been tutoring my daughter for 2 years and counting. Price is a little on the high side but she makes up for it with my daughter's marks! She can be strict and trust me, I have seen her when she needed to be strict with my daughter. I tend not to interfere because I know it's for the good of my daughter. I won't put her name and number here out of privacy for her. You can PM me if you want to find one. I live in Thomson area and she usually travels from North side to my place.

I'm staying at north east side and am looking for a Chinese tutor for my daughters who will be p2 and p1 next year. As we just came back from America recently and they do not have a basic foundation of Chinese, therefore, I am looking for a qualified and reasonably price tutor who can make Chinese fun (instead of just making them do a lot of repeated old assessments) and also genuinely wants to help tutor them as they really need a lot of help and have zero interest in Chinese. I would really appreciate your recommendations if any, and any Chinese tutor who is willing. Thank you.

Hi everyone,
I'm a 24 year old Chinese lady who was born in China, came sg to study since p2. I'm a Singapore PR now, working as a part time tutor.
I still have limited slots on weekends. Prefer Yishun,Khatib,Sbw area. Pm me for more details :)

Hi, hhow can I reach out to you? My friend looking for Chinese tuition/Oral for her P6 son

Hi,

May I know where is your location? years of teaching? etc. can u pm me at 92290734

Hi I am an ex moe primary school teacher who can teach English, Chinese and Maths. I'm teaching at my place in Bukit Panjang. Please contact me if you are looking for a tutor. Thank you.[/QUOT

I have a Chinese tutor for my daughter and she is very good with kids. Have been tutoring my daughter for 2 years and counting. Price is a little on the high side but she makes up for it with my daughter's marks! She can be strict and trust me, I have seen her when she needed to be strict with my daughter. I tend not to interfere because I know it's for the good of my daughter. I won't put her name and number here out of privacy for her. You can PM me if you want to find one. I live in Thomson area and she usually travels from North side to my place.
Dear Dutches of Candyland, can you please PM me her name and number? I am looking for Chinese teacher for my girl, K2 this year. Many thanks!

Mummies, thanks to those who pm-ed me privately with your recommendations. With your help, I managed to find one. So far so good. We shall see their performance this term. Will be happy to share contact if there are others who are looking for a Chinese tutor. Do PM me directly if you need a contact.
Dear Semper Fidelis, i am looking Chinese teacher for my daughter (K2), I am staying at Bishan area. Can you please PM me the name and contact details of your Chinese teacher? Thanks!

A new year has began, new semester started.

To all mummies who wish to improve their children academic strength,

I have a great contact for Tutor who have been teaching English, Science and Maths for Primary 1 - 6 and Secondary 1 - 5.

Her name is Sherry, has been tutoring for 6 years ! She can be reach at +65-9656-9574.

Stay happy and stay healthy ! :)

Dear Semper Fidelis, i am looking Chinese teacher for my daughter (K2), I am staying at Bishan area. Can you please PM me the name and contact details of your Chinese teacher? Thanks!

Hi Michelle, we had to let him go as he was not a good fit. I found him through this forum but cannot in good faith recommend him to anyone! I hope you find a good one soon.

Back