Sept 2016 IVF Mummies

Congratulations Kimchi-ger!!! So happy for you!!!

Mine is bfn. Tested this morning at KKH... I guess all the symptoms are just not accurate anymore. Not gonna depend on any of those in future cuz they make me anxious hahaha...

Take good care ya?

Thanks. Ya. I think symptoms not accurate. Dun rely on them. When u gg for another round? Jia you ok.

Thanks. Ya. I think symptoms not accurate. Dun rely on them. When u gg for another round? Jia you ok.

It's my last chance, I also same as Sally, 40 this year... I still got 1 frozen embryo, but it is unlikely I'll try it. Based on last round and this round experience, I gathered it is egg quality issue not implantation issue. Cuz first round they took out 8 egg, 7 fertilized, 1 went into full blastocyst, while the other is in early blastocyst when they put it back to my uterus in day 5. I suppose to have 3 to freeze as they also show sign of early blastocyst but they stop developing the day before they freeze them. I ended up with zero freezing. The two that was in me implanted, but stopped developing half way, I started bleeding and the reading of my Hcg was only 90, thou it went up 2 days later but Dr THH was saying the reading is too low for a healthy baby, classifying it as chemical pregnancy. Then this round, they only manage to retrieve 3 out of 10 follicles. Although all 3 manage to fertilize and develop well for day 2, they decided to freeze 1, and implant 2. The embryologist said, the outcome would be the same... meaning if it is good and will go into blastocyst for successful implantation and development it will. So you see... now I don't even think I'll give that frozen embryo a chance. It's disappointing no doubt, but if the chromosome in the egg is not functioning well, then that could really be the reason why I can't conceive actually. IVF also cannot help.

It's my last chance, I also same as Sally, 40 this year... I still got 1 frozen embryo, but it is unlikely I'll try it. Based on last round and this round experience, I gathered it is egg quality issue not implantation issue. Cuz first round they took out 8 egg, 7 fertilized, 1 went into full blastocyst, while the other is in early blastocyst when they put it back to my uterus in day 5. I suppose to have 3 to freeze as they also show sign of early blastocyst but they stop developing the day before they freeze them. I ended up with zero freezing. The two that was in me implanted, but stopped developing half way, I started bleeding and the reading of my Hcg was only 90, thou it went up 2 days later but Dr THH was saying the reading is too low for a healthy baby, classifying it as chemical pregnancy. Then this round, they only manage to retrieve 3 out of 10 follicles. Although all 3 manage to fertilize and develop well for day 2, they decided to freeze 1, and implant 2. The embryologist said, the outcome would be the same... meaning if it is good and will go into blastocyst for successful implantation and development it will. So you see... now I don't even think I'll give that frozen embryo a chance. It's disappointing no doubt, but if the chromosome in the egg is not functioning well, then that could really be the reason why I can't conceive actually. IVF also cannot help.
Huh? So u r gg to discard the frozen one? My 2nd cycle i retrieve 8 but only 7 usable n at d2, only 4 fertilised. We grew them to a blasto n only 1 made it. That blasto that made it wasnt the best looking embryo at d2. Dr said if she were to do a d2 trf, she wldnt have chosen that embryo. Embryologist classified the blasto as grade 3 but it grew n implanted! The frozen one may be the ONE. Why dun u just give it a last shot n go for frozen? Frozen cycle cost less than 4k. Anyw i wrote to minister to ask govt to review the stupid medisave cap of 15k per couple n the govt subsidy age cap of 40. I told them each cycle cost so much n success rate so low. Some more only sub 3 cycles. How to have more kids?

Huh? So u r gg to discard the frozen one? My 2nd cycle i retrieve 8 but only 7 usable n at d2, only 4 fertilised. We grew them to a blasto n only 1 made it. That blasto that made it wasnt the best looking embryo at d2. Dr said if she were to do a d2 trf, she wldnt have chosen that embryo. Embryologist classified the blasto as grade 3 but it grew n implanted! The frozen one may be the ONE. Why dun u just give it a last shot n go for frozen? Frozen cycle cost less than 4k. Anyw i wrote to minister to ask govt to review the stupid medisave cap of 15k per couple n the govt subsidy age cap of 40. I told them each cycle cost so much n success rate so low. Some more only sub 3 cycles. How to have more kids?
Agree with Sally. U shld give it a last try. Frozen cycle in Kkh is ard $2k plus. Actually really need one miracle embryo to succeed. Dun think u shld discard away,

Totally agree... govt should help more on this. Some people try for 2 yrs or more in order to get 1 successful pregnancy to birth a baby. Hopefully they will review it.

Hmm... now that you share your experience, I'm in a dilemma....

Agree with Sally. U shld give it a last try. Frozen cycle in Kkh is ard $2k plus. Actually really need one miracle embryo to succeed. Dun think u shld discard away,

Dunno leh... if the egg chromosome is the problem, then also most likely won't succeed. My second round, they didn't even implant at all... it's very sad cuz is like totally hopeless already. Cuz initially we tot is the tube, so rightfully if we bypass the tube using IVF, the success rate should be quite high right? But after this 2 experience, it doesn't look like is the tube, more likely is the egg...

Dunno leh... if the egg chromosome is the problem, then also most likely won't succeed. My second round, they didn't even implant at all... it's very sad cuz is like totally hopeless already. Cuz initially we tot is the tube, so rightfully if we bypass the tube using IVF, the success rate should be quite high right? But after this 2 experience, it doesn't look like is the tube, more likely is the egg...
But second time is embryos right? Blastocyst has higher chance of success. Maybe u shld discuss with the doc see wad is the best option.

But second time is embryos right? Blastocyst has higher chance of success. Maybe u shld discuss with the doc see wad is the best option.
Yalor second time only embryos. They didn't wanna take the risk cuz he says may or may not go into blastocyst cuz I only have 3, so they don't wanna take that risk of not even having 1 to implant later haha...

Totally agree... govt should help more on this. Some people try for 2 yrs or more in order to get 1 successful pregnancy to birth a baby. Hopefully they will review it.

Hmm... now that you share your experience, I'm in a dilemma....
I only have 1 surviving embryo from my 2nd cycle despite retrieving 8. But this shows that not all eggs r bad! No matter what, i think u shld try 1 last time. Got try got hope. It could be that embryo... try so u will have no regrets!

I only have 1 surviving embryo from my 2nd cycle despite retrieving 8. But this shows that not all eggs r bad! No matter what, i think u shld try 1 last time. Got try got hope. It could be that embryo... try so u will have no regrets!

Will consider that... I'm only seeing Dr. Tan in November. Wondering why so long then see him and what's the point...

i took 3 more to tiao my body before i start the fresh cycle previously. Eat more protein rich foods oso. Snack on nuts. Im eating them everyday.

Will consider that... I'm only seeing Dr. Tan in November. Wondering why so long then see him and what's the point...
Funny hor. My cousin fail this round also. Had her bt 2 days b4 me but appt also in nov. My appt given today for next week! I thot becos of my age so he rush to see me...

Funny hor. My cousin fail this round also. Had her bt 2 days b4 me but appt also in nov. My appt given today for next week! I thot becos of my age so he rush to see me...

Yalor by right, given our age should be priority mah... the nurse says I can start fresh cycle since I only got 1 frozen embryo. Then I ask her why wait till Nov then see doctor... she some more can tell me cuz doctor only got slot in Nov...

Hello to All!
I am new to the forum and just sign up this account today. So glad that I manage to find this forum to share my experiences and giving each other encouraging words to support one another to walk together in our IVF journey. This is my 1st IVF cycle in month of September in KKH. I am with Dr Sadhana. I did a Day 5 Blastocyst transfer on 3rd Oct. My 2WW was really resting and relaxing at home watching Toggle and movies online. Never feel so shiok before!! Haha! No need to worry abt reading emails ( guess what my Outbox per day is abt 150++ emails and majority needs action). Thankful that my Mom has stay over to accompany me. My BT on 17 Oct was tested positive. Return back to work on 18 Oct. *Stressed* started and feeling cramp on my thigh and poking feeling at my abnominal. Why no such symptoms when I am 2WW!!!
My next appt to KKH for an US is coming Thursday. Guess this is most stressful week for me now.

Hello to All!
I am new to the forum and just sign up this account today. So glad that I manage to find this forum to share my experiences and giving each other encouraging words to support one another to walk together in our IVF journey. This is my 1st IVF cycle in month of September in KKH. I am with Dr Sadhana. I did a Day 5 Blastocyst transfer on 3rd Oct. My 2WW was really resting and relaxing at home watching Toggle and movies online. Never feel so shiok before!! Haha! No need to worry abt reading emails ( guess what my Outbox per day is abt 150++ emails and majority needs action). Thankful that my Mom has stay over to accompany me. My BT on 17 Oct was tested positive. Return back to work on 18 Oct. *Stressed* started and feeling cramp on my thigh and poking feeling at my abnominal. Why no such symptoms when I am 2WW!!!
My next appt to KKH for an US is coming Thursday. Guess this is most stressful week for me now.
Hi Holiday83,
Welcome to the forum and congrats on ur bfp. Dr S doesnt do delivery so who will be ur gynae after this?

Hello to All!
Welcome Holiday83 and congrats to your BFP. If you are worried, do call your gynae. Take care & do deep breathing from time to time to release stress.

Hi Holiday83,
Welcome to the forum and congrats on ur bfp. Dr S doesnt do delivery so who will be ur gynae after this?

Thanks Sally.
Thanks for sharing Dr S doesn't do delivery. I haven't really do any research which gynae as I tell myself to take things slowly one at a time to avoid disappointment. Guess in this forum I will have many mummies to guide me on finding a suitable Gynae.
I am alright to stick with KKH bec I m familiar to the place. Will u suggest I go poly to get a referral letter? I actually walk in to see Dr S for fertility issues last yr. Since then I am always a Private PR patience and no subsidies. Hoping I am not to late to ask for subsidies.

Hi cha
Welcome Holiday83 and congrats to your BFP. If you are worried, do call your gynae. Take care & do deep breathing from time to time to release stress.
rmin

Thanks charmingmom
I have yet to find a gynae. Properly to see how is the development after seeing Dr S. You have any recommendation for me? I am thinking stick to KKH.

Thanks Sally.
Thanks for sharing Dr S doesn't do delivery. I haven't really do any research which gynae as I tell myself to take things slowly one at a time to avoid disappointment. Guess in this forum I will have many mummies to guide me on finding a suitable Gynae.
I am alright to stick with KKH bec I m familiar to the place. Will u suggest I go poly to get a referral letter? I actually walk in to see Dr S for fertility issues last yr. Since then I am always a Private PR patience and no subsidies. Hoping I am not to late to ask for subsidies.
I was a private patient who requested for dr S just like u. At ur first u/s scan fter a successful ivf, she will meet u n tell u this is the last time she is seeing u. I switched to dr tan heng hao after that. I think dr tan hh dun take switch over patients anym cos he is v busy. But u can still try. The difference in consultation cost per visit betw a private n a subsidised rate is ard $50. If u can afford it, stick to private. N yes, gd decision to stuck to kkh cos it has the most comprehensive equipmt for delivery. My fren was sup to deliver in mt E but on the day of delivery had some complications. She was sent to kkh for emergency delivery.

Hi all,
The outcome of my pregnancy did not turn out well. I had my 1st US scan on Thursday but nothing was detected in my uterus. Doctor S has confirm is an early miscarriage. The embryo could have degenerated (1st IVF failed). On that day, I did another Beta to confirm no ectopic pregnancy. Blessing is my Beta has drop to 25. Just have to let nature takes it course and wait for AF to come. It came immediately after I stop the medication as per Doctor advise.

Anyone has such experience to share ?I was told to see Doc S in two weeks time.

Hi all,
The outcome of my pregnancy did not turn out well. I had my 1st US scan on Thursday but nothing was detected in my uterus. Doctor S has confirm is an early miscarriage. The embryo could have degenerated (1st IVF failed). On that day, I did another Beta to confirm no ectopic pregnancy. Blessing is my Beta has drop to 25. Just have to let nature takes it course and wait for AF to come. It came immediately after I stop the medication as per Doctor advise.

Anyone has such experience to share ?I was told to see Doc S in two weeks time.

So Sorry about the miscarriage.

I was spotting and subsequently bleeding before my beta blood test. I tested positive on the hpt so I went to took blood test and was confirmed pregnant. as I am already bleeding I am asked to retake the blood test again coming mon and nurse told me that it is expected my hcg to drop. Pretty upset but nothing much I can do about it. Hope you have embryos frozen cos I didn't have any left after the transfer.

So Sorry about the miscarriage.

I was spotting and subsequently bleeding before my beta blood test. I tested positive on the hpt so I went to took blood test and was confirmed pregnant. as I am already bleeding I am asked to retake the blood test again coming mon and nurse told me that it is expected my hcg to drop. Pretty upset but nothing much I can do about it. Hope you have embryos frozen cos I didn't have any left after the transfer.

Hugz!! Let's be strong together. Pray for you for your tomorrow BT.

I have two frozen embryos.
Dont mind I ask how many ET have you done so far?
I have thoughts of even quitting my job or look for one that is less stressful.
Meantime let's pull ourselves together and if you need someone to talk to, feel free to call me.

Hugz!! Let's be strong together. Pray for you for your tomorrow BT.

I have two frozen embryos.
Dont mind I ask how many ET have you done so far?
I have thoughts of even quitting my job or look for one that is less stressful.
Meantime let's pull ourselves together and if you need someone to talk to, feel free to call me.

This is my first.
If financially ok, you can look for another job that you more comfortable. But you have to consider if co will still allow u to take maternity leave if you got pregnant within 3 months on the job. Just my tots.

Yes, let's work hard together.

This is my first.
If financially ok, you can look for another job that you more comfortable. But you have to consider if co will still allow u to take maternity leave if you got pregnant within 3 months on the job. Just my tots.

Yes, let's work hard together.

I think is about lifestyles change. Going back to see Doctor S next week for a review. Well for now don't think too much, maybe getaway for a short trip to satisfy food craving and do some retail therapy. Hope everything is well for U. Jia you !!

Back