Pediatrician in the West

I don't like the baby clinic at bukit batok central. I found her not good. Talk also to soft can't hear what she said. Expensive too. In the end, I rather travel to Woodlands to see Dr Teo, Baby Bear children clinic.

my bb has been sick on and off since 30 sept. went to kk on 1 oct, gave antobiotics plus other meds. went to Dr Anne Chong (saw recommendation here), n gave another "stronger" antibiotics n other meds, well for 2 days n then sick again (blocked nose persisted). then this monday went there again, to my surprise she gave yet another "stronger" antibiotics again. hmm... is she one of pro-antibiotics PD? i feel rather uneasy, but dunno what else to do so i'm giving the darn meds (which is so v bitter btw) to my 16-mo bb. dun wish to do doctor-hopping actually, but is it necessary to find "second opinion" from other PD?

Btw my bb has been v out of sorts lately, PD says becoz of the sickness. it's driving me really crazy. we use to have bed time routine: brush teeth, change nappies, put pyjamas, say night2, and feed milk. usually she would fall asleep afterwards. but these past 4 nights, she would wail n totally refuse to drink milk as soon as i turn of the bedroom light. she only want to be carried around then fall asleep, even then when i put her down to bed, she would wail again. when she eventually fall asleep in bed (ard 10-11pm), she'll wake up ard 1.30am then wail again, demanding to be carried around. would sleep only ard 2.30am. then wake up at 6-7am. nap also only 1 hour. i'm concerned she didn't have enough sleep, and i'm getting short-fused too from fatique. HELP!

Hi,

I heard of high recommendations about pd in CCK. Is it the Kidslink at Lot 1? Can I know who is the doctor and which level is it situated?

I am staying in Bt Batok and hopefully can find one nearer to us. Base on the discussion here, I also shortlisted Dr Dorothy Ong in Bt Timah Plaza. anyone knows the address? Thks.

How is Dr. Teo at Baby care woodlands? My child only 4 months old has cough. I took him to a GP and he gave cough syrup. Its almost 2 weeks since the cough started. So I want to take him to a Paediatrician? Since I am staying in woodlands, thought of taking him to Dr. Teo

After seeing the recommendations, am going to see Dr Dorothy for my baby's 3rd vaccination! I went to Lot 1 CCK Kidslink but the long queue & waiting time is very long! And didn't have the connection with the dr so still searching around...

do we need to source for our bb PD ourselves? if we dun hv one, then during hospital stay after delivery, will hospital assigned one PD randomly to our bb?

hi janjan
normally a PD will be assigned to you in the hospital. cos he/she needs to check the baby after being delivered. Normally your gynae will help u to choose one or ask u if u have a preferred one. do check with him.

Anyone knows about this GP Dr ivan Choo at Greenridge shopping centre(Bt panjang)? Heard that he is good with kids but not PD....

My baby was with a PD whose clinic is at JE when he was born. After baby was discharged, we visited that PD twice. As we were really uncomfortable with the PD and not happy with the service of the clinic and long waiting time, we decided to change PD.

We changed to Dr Agnes Tay of Alpha Baby and Child at JE Central based on the recommendation of my gynae. We were very happy with the service after the 1st visit and signed the vaccination package with the clinic. After that, I chanced upon this thread and read some negative comments about Dr Agnes dated in year 2005 and was quite worried.

As of now, my son is ard 6 months old, and has completed most of his vaccination. His next jab would be when he's 1 year old. So far, we have visited Dr Agnes abt 5 times, and everytime we are very satisfied with the service. My hubby & I am very glad that we have went to her. Hence I decided to write about my experience on this thread to share with other mommies living in the west.

She is very nice and gentle with baby and very thorough when doing the regular physical assessment. She is also very patient in answering our questions and skillful in administering vaccination. And the staff at the clinic are very friendly too =) When it's about time for bb to go for jab, the clinic never fail to call to remind us. The clinic is also very generous in giving samples for FM & cereal. My son is about 6 months, and I am going to intro FM to him soon and the clinic gave me 3 x 400g FM samples. And the waiting time is very short. If you make appointment beforehand, you hardly have to wait at all. And she's open at night till 8.30pm, which is very good for us as we can bring bb to see Dr Agnes after work if bb is not feeling well instead of waiting till the next day and having to take leave.

Hi, My boy is 16 months old. We just moved from CCK to JE. After reading from here, will be bringing him to Dr Heng from Kidslink.

My boy saw the following doctors before:
Dr MP Ng - Worst PD, expensive and kept telling us that it is normal for our boy to have sensitive nose. When we ask if we should put air-purifier, he rudely replied "then you have to put whole Spore on air-purifier". Complaint to my uncle (my gynae and also the one who appt him as our PD) and my uncle scolded him and asked us to switch PD.

Dr Vanessa Tan - Our favourite! But very very far, in Sengkang, Kidslink. Recommended her to 2 cousins, and Van becomes their PD since then.

Dr Winston Ng - Not too bad. CCK Kidslink. But bad waiting time. Quite convincing. But very ex.

Dr Barry Thng - at Sunshine Plaza. Very good. GP not PD. But has a way with my boy, my boy loves him too. But Barry only goes to clinic twice a week...
So when he is not in, we will bring bb to Dr Winston.

But, I guess now have to try Dr Heng, fingers crossed...
BB having bad cough and flu now...

hi all, can i find out the charges of dr winston ng from cck kidslink?

thinking of changing our pd.
thanks
happy.gif

I brought my baby to kidslink opp chinese garden to vist Dr Heng last Friday. The clinic suppose to open at 7.00pm. But 7.25pm, dr and the nurses are still not here to open the door. It is raining outside, poor daddy and mummy standing carrying child and babies crying outside the clinic. Later, the nurse and dr Heng came together. They do not bother to apologize or explain why they are late? Doctors come in late i can understand but the nurses should be punctual to open the clinic on time and help the patient with the registration 1st.

WE WILL NEVER GO TO DOROTHY ONG AGAIN.

Today my usual PD, Dr Teo from BabyBear is closed, so I read good reviews about Dorothy Ong from BT Timah Plaza. On the way to the clinic at 9+ am, we called and realized that the clinic opens at 10am so we waited. When they opened, we were told the Dr will see those on appt first and ours a walk-in have to wait 1hr. Fair enough. We submitted all our documents and waited until 10:30am and then was told that DOROTHY ONG will not see walk-ins today. Such arrogance, if you are not seeing first timer walk-ins, why let us and our poor sick baby wait? It was the doctor's last minute decision not to entertain first timers walk-ins.

I doubt she is caring and patient as reviewed from the way she handle things. Now my baby has to brave another journey to another PD in this terrible weather.

I brought my baby 8 months old to Kidslink CCK next to Lot 1, as he's got cough for 2 consecutive nights. Dr Winston is very patient & explain to us what went wrong. He's very good. It's just that the queue is very long, with waiting time more than 1 hour, but I think it's normal for most pediatrics, for me it's acceptable, as long as my baby is okay.

I don't think Kidslink Dr Heng is good. My baby had reflux but he ignored it in the earlier stage when we mentioned, till another pd checked and confirmed it.
I personally feel that his business is good becoz he open late hours, which is hard to find in Jurong area, for pds.
No choice then I go there.

Saw dr Dorothy ong and dr lieu at baby n kids. On two diff occasions for my twin girls.

Walked in at dorothy's as we stayed nearby and read good reviews. Lady was kind enough to give us a slot as someone cancelled. She whispered n told me to tell dr we re 1015 appt though, I m still wondering y. Maybe she don't like walk ins? Anyway, my toddler was crying n could hardly hear her..

Dr lieu is exorbitant la! Spoke to her for say 10 mins examined my toddler, medicine all I had.. So only gave one nose drops n bill came up to 107!! No way I'm gg bk there ..

Will go broke!

Hi Anyone seen Dr.Dorothy Ong recently? how's her attitude now? i'm staying in JW so want to standby a few PDs to get ready for my newborn.thks! =)

I like Dr dorothy ong. Nice n experience dr. Just be puntual for your appt else those who comes puntual goes first!
Her med uusually not the strong ones unless req n her fees reasonable

Hi, we just move to Singapore. I need to find a good pediatrician for my one year and four years old. we live in Dover Rise,any recommendation is very much appreciated.

Little one is having high fever the whole night, so was searching for a good PD early morning. Never brought her to any before and decided to choose a good one and stick to her/him.

Read a lot about Dr Dorothy Ong on the internet, with a lot complimenting that she is very patient and has a thing with kids. But we read that as she is so popular, she normally just attend to those with appointments. We try using one of those booking system, DocDoc, to book the first slot at 10am. Yes, it's difficult to get a confirmation for the first slot, but just trying our luck as we are quite distressed. How do you know your kid is going to be sick many days in advance right?

We didn't get any confirmation by 10am, tried calling and no one answered but decided to just go in case the appointment is made. When we reach there, the events we encounter next made us regret and think that this the worst decision we have made.

(1) while waiting, there is this lady that is very grouchy, shouting at another colleague that is attending a call "put down the phone, don't need to talk to the customer for so long! Why did you tell him that he can try to call later. Just say NO! "
(2) when the nicer lady put down her phone and attend to me. Miss grouchy tells her "ask him if he is first time here!" I say "yes", and she interrupted and shout "Do you have other Doctors you see! Pls go to him/Her. We don't take walk-ins normally"
(3) we just nicely commented we tried making a booking through DocDoc, and wonder if they have seen our booking. Miss grouchy said "I always ignore them! You must book through us directly"
(4) I just look a little disappointed. And the next thing she said just shocked me. "You can see how pack we are!" Pointing to the crowd. "Even if you go to a restaurant, you need to wait for a table!" "If you want, come back at 1215!"
(5) this is the last straw, and we just walk away.

Hey come on, we are distressed parents and not customer trying to settle a meal! And even we go to a restaurant, we get better service, at least a waitress will say " oh we are very sorry, but we are full, do you want to come back later?"

Dr Ong, I don't know who this miss grouchy is but do not think it's you as i heard you are a very patient doctor. Dr Ong, not saying much, do you think your staff action affect your business?

DocDoc, yes they are paying customer that subscribe to your service (which I guess is to provide a platform for parents to search and book for PD easily), but if parents like this knew that this platform isn't reliable and working (as it get "ignored") will they think twice about using it in future? Without the parents, is this ecosystem still going to work? Will other PD still subscribe to your service?

In the end, we went to another PD, and ends up we wait till almost 12 as well, but with a much pleasant experience.

Back