2016/07 July babies

As per @KWL's advice, I tried letting bubbles hold rattle, alas, she still isn't interested. So I tried leaning her upright against me to "hold" the book, surprise surprise! She tried to turn the page each time I was done! :O but not past the midline cos that was as far as her hand would go! Shocking! I tried 2 more times, each time I'm more sure she is "turning" the page after "reading" out loud with me! but she doesn't care for the little flaps though, her fine motor skills aren't quite existent yet methinks.

Ever since her vaccination, she has become super duper little miss chatterbox. Now she'll babble at anything that catches her fancy. Right now her best friend is the tissue box, each time I place her on the changing station, a long animated monologue ensues. I gotta clear some space on this damn phone to record it, wish I understood what she's going on about, seems exciting lol

@KWL - that's really a lot to carry everyday! Actually do u hv space in your workstation for a sterilizer? If yes, perhaps can put it there then don't need to carry so much, everyday just carry FTG with ebm back. Sterilizing of pump parts can do in office before pumping.
Save money on nipple wipes in office la, use a hanky to clean before and after pumping?

@snowfern - super that Bubbles seems to be sleeping even better after her jabs. As for her chattering, especially with her new BFF, hahaha, so cute!!!
My bub has been sleeping horribly after the jabs! Afternoon naps are usually around 15 mins long only, n even the sling which used to knock her out for around 3-4 hrs when we're outside has lost it's magic on her. She can no longer sleep through a meal outside. Nursing also doesnt work liao, jin jialat! I feel like my most powerful weapon no longer working, damn sian! Dunno if it's the jabs or the Sleep Regression thing. Either way, it's a pull-hair period. Only cute thing is that she seems to like being at the piano, can sit on my lap contentedly for 20 mins. I play and she "sings" animatedly with one fist in mouth. Solo concert!
Ever since she accidentally conked her face while waving the rattle around, she's been refusing to touch it. Now it's lying around collecting dust. Sigh.

@snowfern my boy also super interested in the tissue box on his cot. It happens to have the tsum tsum pictures on it and he will smile at it :p

Anyway, I found baby has upgraded from smiling to laughing nowadays. Last time just smile his toothless grin but now he will laugh and got sound one haha~ such precious sound~ ;)

Weekend always pass so fast! It's back to work again and work trip counting down too. Need to buy a cooler box and stuff~

As per @KWL's advice, I tried letting bubbles hold rattle, alas, she still isn't interested. So I tried leaning her upright against me to "hold" the book, surprise surprise! She tried to turn the page each time I was done! :O but not past the midline cos that was as far as her hand would go! Shocking! I tried 2 more times, each time I'm more sure she is "turning" the page after "reading" out loud with me! but she doesn't care for the little flaps though, her fine motor skills aren't quite existent yet methinks.

Ever since her vaccination, she has become super duper little miss chatterbox. Now she'll babble at anything that catches her fancy. Right now her best friend is the tissue box, each time I place her on the changing station, a long animated monologue ensues. I gotta clear some space on this damn phone to record it, wish I understood what she's going on about, seems exciting lol

Soon your little one will flip pages like a pro.

Just to share - Nowadays I opened the book in the cot at eye level. I observed that my little one is attracted to text and not pictures. And I have been reading the 3 free books since I collected at ard week 6 or 7, I noticed that she knows what is on the next page already. I know cos I will encourage baby to flip to next page to see "elephants" or "panda" etc. those animals she likes, she will flip in one swift action. can also try to discover which is bubbles'a fav pages.

For mine, it is the white dog page for brown bear brown bear what do u see. Maybe is black white contrast so easily attract attention. And right now I am teaching my baby to flip the flaps within the where's spot book. She seems to know and trying hard to control her little fingers. And this crazy mum has also been teaching how to use index finger to spin the rattler ball. <<< still fail lah!

And I also shared my taobao loot. It is working very well too. They are light weight and so easier for my little one to hold by the side. I tried to rest the little books on her tummy and get her to hold the sides so that I can snap a pic. But again <<<<fail. Haven't succeed. Hhahaha.

My mil came to visit baby this morning. So my hubby pulled out a book and make my baby perform. But baby didn't. I stepped in and started reading in my usual exaggerated story telling tone and baby instantly got engaged. She started doing all the tricks she knows. Like holding books, flipping pages, smiling and squeal in delight when she see her fav pages.

So all in all, pls try to read books to ur little ones. They somehow won't get bored even though they are the same books. In fact, they thrive when they know what'a going to be on the next page. Ur standard way of reading the book puts familiarity to story telling and they will really enjoy the process!

Once u get there, u will just wanna buy the whole library for your kid. Hahahaha.

@Sa_rahhhh your bub is damn cute lor, I've seen pics ;) can't wait to meet u two (and @emk and emk_jr) and see if our lo can interact w each other!

@tuna hahaha! You should get her a teether or rattle shaped like a microphone!! That would make for an insanely cute video/photo of both of you at the piano!!!

I feel your pain with regards to wraps and boobs losing sleepydust. Definitely curious about the world liow. We just have to endure, there will be plenty more challenges ahead, this will seem like a breeze then #notmeaningtoscareyouoranything

Our bubs are reaching the interactive age liow! So fast lor! Feels like just yesterday I was lugging a sack if potatoes around....haha I know I v bad but babies really aren't all that amusing until they respond to you hehehehe

@KWL - that's really a lot to carry everyday! Actually do u hv space in your workstation for a sterilizer? If yes, perhaps can put it there then don't need to carry so much, everyday just carry FTG with ebm back. Sterilizing of pump parts can do in office before pumping.
Save money on nipple wipes in office la, use a hanky to clean before and after pumping?

@snowfern - super that Bubbles seems to be sleeping even better after her jabs. As for her chattering, especially with her new BFF, hahaha, so cute!!!
My bub has been sleeping horribly after the jabs! Afternoon naps are usually around 15 mins long only, n even the sling which used to knock her out for around 3-4 hrs when we're outside has lost it's magic on her. She can no longer sleep through a meal outside. Nursing also doesnt work liao, jin jialat! I feel like my most powerful weapon no longer working, damn sian! Dunno if it's the jabs or the Sleep Regression thing. Either way, it's a pull-hair period. Only cute thing is that she seems to like being at the piano, can sit on my lap contentedly for 20 mins. I play and she "sings" animatedly with one fist in mouth. Solo concert!
Ever since she accidentally conked her face while waving the rattle around, she's been refusing to touch it. Now it's lying around collecting dust. Sigh.

Piano! U just reminded me. I shall ask my mum to let little one play it when I deposit baby at her place when I start working. My piano at 娘家 has become a white elephant since my sis and I graduated at least a decade ago lol.

And I think I got a thick skinned baby. The crawling ball and rattler also everything conk the head, eye etc. all okay leh. And somemore mine is girl. Jialat. Don't know what is called pain and so chor lor. Next time cannot marry out.

And for office pumping, space is not an issue. But I cannot leave the pump and sterilizer at home. Cos I only have one and only equipment each. And I will likely need to pump at least once at night if not by the next morning. So if I were to bring to office, I die. Can u imagine I need to bring baby to mil place, carry one haversack with office laptop and my wallet, another huge diaper bag with FTG, pump equipment and another sterilizer? I think I can just camp in office Liao Lol.

And for nipple wipes, last time buy buy buy lah. Then now lazy also don't use already. Instead of letting 1.5 boxes expire, I just put them to greater use. I also got extra breast pad and maternity pad. Maybe I can improvise from @snowfern idea of cabbage. Maternity pad is long enough to be koolfever. Hahahahaha (disgusting!) or perhaps since these are super absorbent stuff, I can use them to wipe dog's shh shh or "cloth" for house cleaning. Crazy ideas!

Soon your little one will flip pages like a pro.

Just to share - Nowadays I opened the book in the cot at eye level. I observed that my little one is attracted to text and not pictures. And I have been reading the 3 free books since I collected at ard week 6 or 7, I noticed that she knows what is on the next page already. I know cos I will encourage baby to flip to next page to see "elephants" or "panda" etc. those animals she likes, she will flip in one swift action. can also try to discover which is bubbles'a fav pages.

For mine, it is the white dog page for brown bear brown bear what do u see. Maybe is black white contrast so easily attract attention. And right now I am teaching my baby to flip the flaps within the where's spot book. She seems to know and trying hard to control her little fingers. And this crazy mum has also been teaching how to use index finger to spin the rattler ball. <<< still fail lah!

And I also shared my taobao loot. It is working very well too. They are light weight and so easier for my little one to hold by the side. I tried to rest the little books on her tummy and get her to hold the sides so that I can snap a pic. But again <<<<fail. Haven't succeed. Hhahaha.

My mil came to visit baby this morning. So my hubby pulled out a book and make my baby perform. But baby didn't. I stepped in and started reading in my usual exaggerated story telling tone and baby instantly got engaged. She started doing all the tricks she knows. Like holding books, flipping pages, smiling and squeal in delight when she see her fav pages.

So all in all, pls try to read books to ur little ones. They somehow won't get bored even though they are the same books. In fact, they thrive when they know what'a going to be on the next page. Ur standard way of reading the book puts familiarity to story telling and they will really enjoy the process!

Once u get there, u will just wanna buy the whole library for your kid. Hahahaha.

@KWL your bub has performance anxiety lol! My bubbles is afraid of the black sheep page, she always has a shocked look, and squeals at the goldfish page. When Sally looks in the box, she squawks in the pitch I use for the penguins' "no no no" (they are penguins, right?! o_O) and she often gets excited when we find spot in the basket.

I've noticed the same re: text! XD when I'm walking her around the house, she would also fixate on the newspapers. I've read that babies should start getting interested in primary colours soon after 3 mths, she's definitely not ready yet. Although.....she does love her Japanese poster (I think I've mentioned it before), her original bff before the beautex tissue box. But v funny one. Tissue box babbling is animated, exciting. Poster babbling is a lot of giggling and cooing.

I've also taught hubby how to engage with bubbles using exaggerated and high tones, and today he spent close to half hr "conversing" with her while I made dinner XD so nice and heartwarming to see them bond, and hearing hubby's occasional exclamation on how cute her voice is, and enjoying their "chat". It's the first real interaction they've had so far!

Talking about curiosity :

My little one enjoys looking at moving objects in the car ride nowadays. Will also look into the mirror and use reflection to look at us in the front passenger and driver seat. Not to jinx it. Things are gradually improving here. And I sometimes don't need to feed full before taking her for a ride. Confidence level shoot to 200% Liao compared to the 10% level just after confinement.

About sleep :

Few weeks back, I was asking about the use of alternatives to swaddles cos my little one can sleep much better when all wrapped up. But I know that swaddles can be dangerous once they learnt to flip.additionally, the swaddles are making my little one stamp her feet in the middle of the night cos very warm. Can u imagine long sleeves pajamas under the fan and still got this hot swaddle to sleeps u up? I think no fever also let me wrap until got fever lor. Past few weeks, I see my little one break free her swaddle and only left a band around the waist. Like she's wearing a slimming belt.

I know I need to gradually stop swaddling and was trying to search for solutions. A desperate mum is a creative mum.

I got another version that is the zip type, where all the limbs are zipped within the sleep pouch. So initially I zipped her inside cos it is of a thinner material. It works only for a few days before she got very frustrated that she cannot extend her arms when she is about to wake for night feedings. She grunts and kicks and literally look like a squirming worm especially cos the pouch is yellow haha.

So now what I do is to use that pouch to zip her until stomach level. Yes - Just imagine mermaid. Her arms are exposed and she does a surrender pose while sleeping. Somehow the pouch ending st her chest level does have some calming effect and she is not so easily frightened by her reflexes Liao. Or maybe she has also outgrown that phase?

Nowadays I feel that everything is good. I have a better control of her sleeping pattern and better understanding of her needs and cries. I am also getting more used to waking up at 6am, and sleeping at 10+Pm. Been also reading up and following work email correspondences so that I won't be so stressed to keep up with the pace. I think I won't take long to adjust.

Jiayou all Supermums!

Piano! U just reminded me. I shall ask my mum to let little one play it when I deposit baby at her place when I start working. My piano at 娘家 has become a white elephant since my sis and I graduated at least a decade ago lol.

And I think I got a thick skinned baby. The crawling ball and rattler also everything conk the head, eye etc. all okay leh. And somemore mine is girl. Jialat. Don't know what is called pain and so chor lor. Next time cannot marry out.

And for office pumping, space is not an issue. But I cannot leave the pump and sterilizer at home. Cos I only have one and only equipment each. And I will likely need to pump at least once at night if not by the next morning. So if I were to bring to office, I die. Can u imagine I need to bring baby to mil place, carry one haversack with office laptop and my wallet, another huge diaper bag with FTG, pump equipment and another sterilizer? I think I can just camp in office Liao Lol.

And for nipple wipes, last time buy buy buy lah. Then now lazy also don't use already. Instead of letting 1.5 boxes expire, I just put them to greater use. I also got extra breast pad and maternity pad. Maybe I can improvise from @snowfern idea of cabbage. Maternity pad is long enough to be koolfever. Hahahahaha (disgusting!) or perhaps since these are super absorbent stuff, I can use them to wipe dog's shh shh or "cloth" for house cleaning. Crazy ideas!
Eh, is not disgusting hor, UNUSED maternity pad can use as tourniquet during first aid hor! And if you have blocked ducts, i just read that unused diapers can be used to help, just pour warm water, squeeze excess out, apply to boob, it will retain heat better than towel okay! Not crazy at all! Better than tossing them out!

Last edited:
Re: swaddling. Since she has never allowed us to restrict her arms, I have been armpit/chest level swaddling her for quite some time, it does help reduce the "chuak" (Moro reflexes) and thus helps her sleep better. We have been sleeping in 29deg Air con + ceiling fan, so it's been pretty consistent sleep since, save the growth spurt and vaccination nights. Waiting on the regression stage, but hor, like I've mentioned before, it seems she's never had a "normal" sleep pattern as most of you have described, her "normal" is what you all describe to be sleep regression!! @-@

@KWL your bub has performance anxiety lol! My bubbles is afraid of the black sheep page, she always has a shocked look, and squeals at the goldfish page. When Sally looks in the box, she squawks in the pitch I use for the penguins' "no no no" (they are penguins, right?! o_O) and she often gets excited when we find spot in the basket.

I've noticed the same re: text! XD when I'm walking her around the house, she would also fixate on the newspapers. I've read that babies should start getting interested in primary colours soon after 3 mths, she's definitely not ready yet. Although.....she does love her Japanese poster (I think I've mentioned it before), her original bff before the beautex tissue box. But v funny one. Tissue box babbling is animated, exciting. Poster babbling is a lot of giggling and cooing.

I've also taught hubby how to engage with bubbles using exaggerated and high tones, and today he spent close to half hr "conversing" with her while I made dinner XD so nice and heartwarming to see them bond, and hearing hubby's occasional exclamation on how cute her voice is, and enjoying their "chat". It's the first real interaction they've had so far!

My nursery room has a blackboard that I DIY with chalk. It is a cafe theme and has many colours on the menu. So every time when she'/ placed on the diaper rack, her head and eyes will tilt backwards to stare at the words.

Found a pic of the board and erm, my dog riding on the rocker. Hahaha this is the way I build my child's immunity.

IMG_0950.JPG

IMG_0952.jpg

Might as well also show u guys the photos below. The baby chair can pass safety standards. Dogs also can sit on it!
IMG_0948.JPG

Stunned?

IMG_0949.JPG

Last edited:
I all along thought KWL baby is a boy. Haha now I realized baby is a she. Blur me.

I know what free books you're talking about @KWL. My gal's absolute fav is the animal count or number book. Can't remember exact title. Flip to first page of "One Whale" she already super excited. Smiles and coos and legs kick frantic and hands are like conducting orchestra. She definitely likes high contrast visuals. By the time at last second page of Ten Monkeys, most of the time she is not so excited already (not as contrasting as One Whale).

Another book I recently borrowed she also likes a lot. Because it's about sounds that animals and objects make. She seems to be lured by stories with exaggerated dramatic sounds (Cast : Me). Book reading is really engaging. So happy to see she enjoys it. But some books she really no interest la. Like those I bought called The Gruffalos which I read to her in utero then. Now I read to her she always gets agitated after few pages. Maybe it's too long a story for a young age of hers. So I now focus on getting books which I think she'll feel more engaged.

ImageUploadedByForum1477234240.343976.jpg

I all along thought KWL baby is a boy. Haha now I realized baby is a she. Blur me.

I know what free books you're talking about @KWL. My gal's absolute fav is the animal count or number book. Can't remember exact title. Flip to first page of "One Whale" she already super excited. Smiles and coos and legs kick frantic and hands are like conducting orchestra. She definitely likes high contrast visuals. By the time at last second page of Ten Monkeys, most of the time she is not so excited already (not as contrasting as One Whale).

Another book I recently borrowed she also likes a lot. Because it's about sounds that animals and objects make. She seems to be lured by stories with exaggerated dramatic sounds (Cast : Me). Book reading is really engaging. So happy to see she enjoys it. But some books she really no interest la. Like those I bought called The Gruffalos which I read to her in utero then. Now I read to her she always gets agitated after few pages. Maybe it's too long a story for a young age of hers. So I now focus on getting books which I think she'll feel more engaged.

View attachment 661957

I think the poonami episodes give ppl the impression that she is a boy. Omg. And conk head with toys also never cry. Left turn right turn go over hump and u-turn in car also no reaction. Jialat. I got a tomboy.

And in fact, when I bring her out and dressed in neutral colour, everyone will ask me if she is a boy. Face palm.

Her chubby face, height and build (though no thunder thigh like mot of your babies) also attributed to a boy-face.

Maybe because mummy wants a boy when she was pregnant hahahahaha!

Forgot, I came in to ask something, wound up chit chatting haha

Mummies, blocked ducts feel like what? Numb? Sharp shooting? I had blocked ducts before, not much localized pain, engorgement and large lumps. But this time I got small pea sized lumps near areola, and shooting pains when she latched. Pains and lumps disapeared after she emptied my left boob, but right boob although no lumps left, still a bit painful. Or is it thrush you think? I don't see anything though....

Reluctant to see a doc cos it seems they all aren't too knowledgeable with regards to breastfeeding issues :(

Forgot, I came in to ask something, wound up chit chatting haha

Mummies, blocked ducts feel like what? Numb? Sharp shooting? I had blocked ducts before, not much localized pain, engorgement and large lumps. But this time I got small pea sized lumps near areola, and shooting pains when she latched. Pains and lumps disapeared after she emptied my left boob, but right boob although no lumps left, still a bit painful. Or is it thrush you think? I don't see anything though....

Reluctant to see a doc cos it seems they all aren't too knowledgeable with regards to breastfeeding issues :(

Maybe now seasoned already. I don't feel a pain unless I press very hard to squeeze out the blockage. Generally, blocked ducts create lumps below the skin. U know u have blocked ducts when ur milk is leaking out instead of spraying and when the colour is somewhat similar to rice water. Once u managed to clear the blocked ducts by squeezing the lumps towards nipple direction, ur breast milk sprays and it will be whitish colour.

Your bub army-trained, can slp through all conditions, can tahan knocks. Steady la!
Ah, I assumed u hv two sterilizers, one at mum's, one at your own place. I'm a bit kiasee, hv two of everything, so when I start working, 1 pump and sterilizer will be left in office. That was what I did for #1 and 2 la, this one until now still not taking bottles, I also no heart for try again. Fortunately on leave till next yr when she's at least 6 mths, by then if still fail at bottles, at least can take more semi-solids with bm mixed in.

Maternity pad ex leh, keep for #2 la, won't be expiring so fast. Breastpad everyday need de ma, very fast will finish one.

@snowfern - it shouldn't be thrush. Thrush causes deep shooting pain or itchy nipples. If mummy has thrush, bb likely to hv it also. Check bb's mouth.
If pain still persists tomorrow morning, perhaps better to call KKH LC?

@KWL my foremilk always like ricewater de! :( and I always have some dribble some spray...just never had these deep shooting pains before.

@tuna not itchy, and her mouth looks clear ley....but got deep shooting pains, just that it disappeared after I expressed away the "peas" and she helped to clear out the boob until flat. Good idea about the kkh LC, totally forgot about them -_-"

@redvel I will look for that book when I return the current batch! Bubbles isn't too taken with the numbers book yet, but she does love the monkeys page, and repeats my high pitched "ook ook" when I count through them. I think cos the font for "where's spot" is the most obvious is why it is her fave book!

@KWL your nursery damn cute can! What flavours does your bub order most often? ;) and is that the older dog? Such a ham for the camera! XD

Oh ya, re:swaddle safety. I'm slowly switching out to blankets, though I did revert to the large swaddle muslin square over this weekend cos it was cooler than the blanket. By blanket, I mean the thicker muslin cloths sold at Ikea, 2 for 5.90. I find the size just right for tucking her in, just fold over about 5 inches and place under her pits and tuck in the sides so it makes her feel a little snug and more secure. And in my mind, warmer so her colic issues are less severe?

I do have another "proper" bamboo blanket, but I reserve that mainly for the pram. Slept with it over the weekend hoping my scent would help her settle better in the pram, seemed to work when we went to wwp yesterday, she seemed more comfy and slept longer in it. Or she must have finally gotten used to the pram!

I think the poonami episodes give ppl the impression that she is a boy. Omg. And conk head with toys also never cry. Left turn right turn go over hump and u-turn in car also no reaction. Jialat. I got a tomboy.

And in fact, when I bring her out and dressed in neutral colour, everyone will ask me if she is a boy. Face palm.

Her chubby face, height and build (though no thunder thigh like mot of your babies) also attributed to a boy-face.

Maybe because mummy wants a boy when she was pregnant hahahahaha!
Ha! Mine is super chorlor, and cheeky to boot! Constantly punching my boob when flow is not to her liking, either too fast, or too slow. And omg all the headbuttimg and jumping about to get herself into a comfortable position when I hold her after her feeds during mummy tummy time. Dunno how many times she has rammed her face into my collarbone and jawline liow. Even when I pull her ear or poke her cheek for biting my nipple, she is unfazed and will grin at me. When pram is running over the guide bumps inside the mrt station, she at first was shocked, then like okay de. Even seemed to enjoy it, and later slept through all the rough galak galak terrain I push her pram through.

Despite this, people tend to assume she's female, often saying her eyes are a dead giveaway even when I dressed her in blue or purple. Dunno ley, I still think she looks rather boyish. I myself am quite the tomboy, throughout the pregnancy I kept telling the hubby that I wouldn't know how to deal with her if she turned out to be one of those princessy types who love makeup and high heels, I own neither!!!

@tuna yes already have prepared two sets of necessities at my place and mum's place. Yesterday went to buy a plastic box to keep all the toys and books in. The intent is to leave this fun box at my mum's place from Mon-Fri and have it back for weekends. No point duplicating this.

Regarding breast pads- I never use Liao leh. Never leak after confinement. Maybe I am not as oversupply as u and snowfern. I am just enough mum and may be able to freeze when I am lucky.

@snowfern my baby doesn't have much of a choice. She is forced to take Chef's choice for every meal hahaha. And these are the younger ones. Then again also not that young. Almost 7years old.

Regarding foremilk, I also have ah! It is just that if I never put for long hours, boob will be damn hard. Then when I place pump over, almost nothing will come out until I squeeze and unblock the ducts. U can feel the pressure within the boob and each time u squeeze and time with the nipple contraction by pump, some will leak oute. It is only after a while of repeating this process will I get ducts unblocked and sprays. Sometimes u know there is still milk but nothing comes out. Likewise, will bite my teeth and just squeeze real hard to unblock the ducts. Otherwise they soon will develop into mastitis.

@tuna yes already have prepared two sets of necessities at my place and mum's place. Yesterday went to buy a plastic box to keep all the toys and books in. The intent is to leave this fun box at my mum's place from Mon-Fri and have it back for weekends. No point duplicating this.

Regarding breast pads- I never use Liao leh. Never leak after confinement. Maybe I am not as oversupply as u and snowfern. I am just enough mum and may be able to freeze when I am lucky.

@snowfern my baby doesn't have much of a choice. She is forced to take Chef's choice for every meal hahaha. And these are the younger ones. Then again also not that young. Almost 7years old.

Regarding foremilk, I also have ah! It is just that if I never put for long hours, boob will be damn hard. Then when I place pump over, almost nothing will come out until I squeeze and unblock the ducts. U can feel the pressure within the boob and each time u squeeze and time with the nipple contraction by pump, some will leak oute. It is only after a while of repeating this process will I get ducts unblocked and sprays. Sometimes u know there is still milk but nothing comes out. Likewise, will bite my teeth and just squeeze real hard to unblock the ducts. Otherwise they soon will develop into mastitis.
When I get engorged, I still leak, ya serious oversupply issue. But I am afraid to injure my boobs so I don't force like you do. Instead, I do the usual massage on top/bottom/side boob,C' and 'U' massage on nipples and areola, then wait for letdown and perform Marmet's hand expression. Less painful and injurous this way, cos I have large visible, almost like varicose, veins snaking around my boobs. Is even more scary when I'm engorged, can feel and see very clearly the ridges of it pulsating..

It used to be just the right boob having this issue. But ever since I started block feeding on the left to balance out the size+supply, both sides now have the same problem T.T

I think i better empty and cabbage them more frequently, damn afraid will kena mastitis...

On a lighter note, how do your little ones latch? Mine lunges with nose crinkled, mouth wide open, sometimes with sound effects like cookie monster chowing down!

@Sa_rahhhh your bub is damn cute lor, I've seen pics ;) can't wait to meet u two (and @emk and emk_jr) and see if our lo can interact w each other!

@tuna hahaha! You should get her a teether or rattle shaped like a microphone!! That would make for an insanely cute video/photo of both of you at the piano!!!

I feel your pain with regards to wraps and boobs losing sleepydust. Definitely curious about the world liow. We just have to endure, there will be plenty more challenges ahead, this will seem like a breeze then #notmeaningtoscareyouoranything

Our bubs are reaching the interactive age liow! So fast lor! Feels like just yesterday I was lugging a sack if potatoes around....haha I know I v bad but babies really aren't all that amusing until they respond to you hehehehe

@snowfern thanks!~ can't wait to meet you mummies and your babies! Counting down another 2 weeks? :p

About latching, my boy now will lunge towards me when I just open my bra with his mouth wide open. Don't know is it too hungry or what. And sometimes when there's a letdown he will just niplash me, although it's not painful but when I see it I also shocked. HAHA can't imagine when he's teething.

Come to think of it, I'm enjoying the latching feeling now. I think he's getting better and me too, able to position him better now. It's really a learning process. :rolleyes:

Just want to update on my little one's neck. Last fri went for doc assessment and doctor commented that the head is still wobbly. So need to go for another review next mth.

I was kinda worried so I started to intensify tummy time. First try on Friday afternoon after check up was horrendous. Baby screamed like nobody business. Tried again on Fri evening and she was like a worm squirming again. She uses her stomach to prop her limbs upward. Akin to superman position. We rested.

We repeated on Sat and the little one was able to lift the head longer each time. By yesterday, little one could lift up for as long as a minute. (To me very long already. From zero to hero okay!) and she started turning left and right.

This morning lagi better! Not only lift for a relatively long time but also smiled and even started talking!

Patience and Perseverance is the way to go!

IMG_0990.JPG

@snowfern thanks!~ can't wait to meet you mummies and your babies! Counting down another 2 weeks? :p

About latching, my boy now will lunge towards me when I just open my bra with his mouth wide open. Don't know is it too hungry or what. And sometimes when there's a letdown he will just niplash me, although it's not painful but when I see it I also shocked. HAHA can't imagine when he's teething.

Come to think of it, I'm enjoying the latching feeling now. I think he's getting better and me too, able to position him better now. It's really a learning process. :rolleyes:
Oh yes, the dreaded niplash! I don't even want to think about the teething, or I might lose the will to continue bf :X

@KWL yay! I think for your bub she probably was ready for tummy time, just maybe new sensation then fuss a bit. Gotta love her biceps and oh-so-gnawable arms!!!

For bubbles, I think the colic is impeding progress, today I tried tummy time again with new toys, she seemed ok for first minute or so propped up on her elbows, looking around.....then blam, upchucked some curds. It seemed to shock her, cos after I let her finish her belch (scared to flip her over too soon in case she chokes on her vomit) and flipped her over, she was quiet for a brief second before bursting into tears :(

Progress on reading/flipping pages. I noticed she will imitate the first consonant of the "what does cow say" book I borrowed for her. Like, quack! She will go "keh keh ", and "moo" she will go "muh ". The one that surprised me today was "bow-wow", she went "buh -wuh "! Page turning was interesting. I let her do it in her own time. She would repeat after me usually only 1-2 times, eyes wander over the text, then to the pictures, then arm will clumsily come up and hook the released page (if I dun release she will just nudge at it with her knuckle) between 2nd and 3rd finger and push towards the left hand. Once or twice she would use left hand to nudge it over, but I'm not sure if fluke or not. Right hand movement is confirmed through each and every single 8 pages of the book!

And ya, she lingers over some pages, cooing a little before angling her right hand to flip the page. So I know it is a deliberate action.

Would have missed all this if not for your narrative @KWL. I forget that reading can involve physical interaction too.

Last edited:
Reactions: KWL
@KWL - with the "muscles" all over your bub's arms, she looks like she's doing push-ups. Seriously intrigued by her Michelin arms!
Mine seems to be able to hold head up, I'm not sure because I've only seen it twice as she's figured out how to worm herself out of tummy time. She'll wriggle one arm up so she can rest her cheek on the fist while grinning cheekily.

@snowfern - fantastic job you're doing with Bubbles! Hope the upchucking during tummy time didn't scare her too much. Poor bub.
My bub latches pretty much like Bubbles too - mouth open wide, nose crinkled, legs kicking madly. If wait too long liao, she will continue to make growling sounds while sucking, like complaining about the slow service. If mood very good, she will b cooing while latching, like complimenting the excellent service, hahaha!!

Yea two more weeks, look fwd to meet Sarah and snowfern mummies and your lo :) hopefully I won't scare u all off with my messy look, haha not going to fix my hair untill I officially go back to work in end November :p

KWL wow love your baby hand haha so many lines

Anyone try Beijing 101 or oriental for hair fall ?

Reactions: KWL
U all bring up the memories of my old day when I latch my baby, haha so sweet.. My baby will hold on to my breast when he is very hungry and he will punch on it when not enough milk haha at time he cannot catch up with the let down, the milk will flow out from his mouth. Very cute to see my baby latch.

@tuna your bb v smart and efficient lol! Did u capture a pic of her in that pose? I think my generation bb is considered classic studio pose lol!

Reading through all these hor...i hope there's an easy way to download this thread. Cos i never scrapbook or blog my bb progress, and this is a nice record of our observations lor. While trying to recall milestones while filling up the health booklet questionnaire "homework" given us by the nurse, i was thinking, yeah hor i probably mentioned it here first!

This morning for 3x one of my feet was about to step out of the main door but retracted. Kept going back to the bouncer to sayang my baby. Heh.

Going home soon! Will see if my mil survives the day or not.

I think my gal has started to recognize people and places. For past few days we stay at inlaws', she cried so chum at times and especially so when my mil talks to her. Hope it's just bad timing those days.

Hope you ladies started the week well!

@Sa_rahhhh I always wear a wrap so I seldom think too much about what I'm wearing. But you're right, it's like my girl's debutante ball lol. I will be the most haggard looking mama there. We will be easily identified by how socially awkward we are.

orz

Haha I can't fit in all my pre pregnant clothes except for some loose t shirt and adidas short, all thanks to my breast BIG BiG hip also BIg Big, wear Liao don't feel comfy, a bit tight here n there, no more Korean fashion.. All pack n keep in the store room. These two days I busy shopping at zalora Coz I'm going back office next week, bought 5 dresses 3 return, only 2 suit me.. Luckily I only go back office for 2 days!!! I also don't know what to wear for the event .. Haha

Thanks everyone for endorsing my little one's arm hahahaha! I am glad we all are sharing experiences and ways of engaging baby so that we can learn from each other and discuss countermoves to combat naughty babies and their new patterns.

I was studying my baby's limbs today and I think she will pretty fast outgrow this cute chubby stage because her fingers and toes are growing very longish now. It is obvious by looking at the nail bed. What used to be small small is now transforming into our type of nails but miniature version though. Plus husband and I aren't fat. So no chance I can continue to maintain a chubby baby for too long. There was once I sent such a pic to my colleague and they refused to believe that it was my baby. She even commented ... 没想到你的奶。。。

Today is my happiest moment. Firstly, my baby can now chin chin Chye Chye hold head high up during tummy time now. So @snowfern just keep trying! One day u will be blown away by bubble's progress. Maybe u try to do it just before next feeding. I will palpate baby'/ tummy to check. If pong pong then I won't proceed tummy time in case merlion. I wait till flat then I try.

And another thing to celebrate is that my baby actually chuckled for a good 30s this evening! And I managed to record 20s! I was at whatsapp screen and I quickly press record and send to husband. We were so thrilled! Again it is another moment of from zero to heroine! I tried to stimulate her for a second wave but no more already. I hope to hear it real soon again. Hubby says daughter so nice. Let me see another milestone before I return to work. A pity I wasn't able to record in video mode. But audio mode also can lah!! I keep replaying now, u know!

All these little joy here and there made me forget how tired I am. I was almost gonna doze off after reading animal numbers and where's spot when this chuckle came. So I think reading is really good. Helps little one be more expressive. Today she also progressed to lift more flaps in where's spot book.

Anyway @snowfern , how do u place baby when u read a book? Let baby sit upright with body against u? Or lie on cot? If it is the latter, do u alternate and let baby flip with left hand sometimes and right hand another time? I noticed that mine is more proficient in left hand. Right hand not 顺

Haha I can't fit in all my pre pregnant clothes except for some loose t shirt and adidas short, all thanks to my breast BIG BiG hip also BIg Big, wear Liao don't feel comfy, a bit tight here n there, no more Korean fashion.. All pack n keep in the store room. These two days I busy shopping at zalora Coz I'm going back office next week, bought 5 dresses 3 return, only 2 suit me.. Luckily I only go back office for 2 days!!! I also don't know what to wear for the event .. Haha

I bought from qoo. Esther style with v cutting for easy breast feeding/ pumping. If scared too revealing, can wear uniqlo airism spag inside. They are formal enough and easy enough to pump. Anyway I am so envious. U can go on such long leave!

Reactions: emk
Thanks everyone for endorsing my little one's arm hahahaha! I am glad we all are sharing experiences and ways of engaging baby so that we can learn from each other and discuss countermoves to combat naughty babies and their new patterns.

I was studying my baby's limbs today and I think she will pretty fast outgrow this cute chubby stage because her fingers and toes are growing very longish now. It is obvious by looking at the nail bed. What used to be small small is now transforming into our type of nails but miniature version though. Plus husband and I aren't fat. So no chance I can continue to maintain a chubby baby for too long. There was once I sent such a pic to my colleague and they refused to believe that it was my baby. She even commented ... 没想到你的奶。。。

Today is my happiest moment. Firstly, my baby can now chin chin Chye Chye hold head high up during tummy time now. So @snowfern just keep trying! One day u will be blown away by bubble's progress. Maybe u try to do it just before next feeding. I will palpate baby'/ tummy to check. If pong pong then I won't proceed tummy time in case merlion. I wait till flat then I try.

And another thing to celebrate is that my baby actually chuckled for a good 30s this evening! And I managed to record 20s! I was at whatsapp screen and I quickly press record and send to husband. We were so thrilled! Again it is another moment of from zero to heroine! I tried to stimulate her for a second wave but no more already. I hope to hear it real soon again. Hubby says daughter so nice. Let me see another milestone before I return to work. A pity I wasn't able to record in video mode. But audio mode also can lah!! I keep replaying now, u know!

All these little joy here and there made me forget how tired I am. I was almost gonna doze off after reading animal numbers and where's spot when this chuckle came. So I think reading is really good. Helps little one be more expressive. Today she also progressed to lift more flaps in where's spot book.

Anyway @snowfern , how do u place baby when u read a book? Let baby sit upright with body against u? Or lie on cot? If it is the latter, do u alternate and let baby flip with left hand sometimes and right hand another time? I noticed that mine is more proficient in left hand. Right hand not 顺
Wahahha! Must set as ring tone already :9 I have very little luck capturing her cos she's very squirmy and once I whip out the phone she freezes to stare at it wtf. But I do have many NG videos of her babbling, so tak glam my little witchetty grub that I never bother to save XD

She has had a pretty steady neck for some time now, it's just being on the tummy she abhors. No issue turning her head or raising herself off the ground, but that stupid gas...today she woke up mid-nap and wailed, so I helped her pass wind, she farted a few good'uns and fell back asleep. AMAZING.

I'm most pleased that she's been able to fall asleep in her cot with minimal help from me this past 2 weeks, I will place her down once I see her eyes glaze over, yawning or rubbing eyes, then pat pat her a bit, and tell her "mummy go toilet, you sleep ah...", kiss her goodnight and walk out. Okay, so she only naps for 15 mins or so but I guess the time she spent snoozing while I hold her upright after meals count as sleep too right? Hope I didn't jinx myself!

As to reading time, we used to do it lying down side by side but I never encouraged her to touch the book cos she would lie there and "converse" with me. Then the other day I propped her back leaning against me to read. Same for today. Just before dinner time, I noticed she did try to use her left hand to flip open the door (bear) but got frustrated. Same for turning the page, she kept knuckling the page with her right hand but not successfully hooking it like earlier (I pulled the book a little further away than in afternoon to see if fluke or not) and got frustrated after 3 pages, so I abandoned reading time to do tummy time....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BL8jLpJDPsc/

She's on top of her fave poster, first time trying this. Lasted only 40 seconds lol. I think I will try it again but on the floor mattress tomorrow when she's in a better mood!

Earlier during wipe down time, she sent me roiling in tears! She had started getting excited chatting at the tissue box and then, suddenly, painful jagged wails! I was like OMGWTFBBQ and saw that she had grabbed a fistful of hair off the top of her head and yanked it, I guess the shock of the pain surprised her and she clenched even tighter! I had a hard time unclenching her fist cos I was laughing so hard, the harder I laughed the louder she wailed and tighter she clenched....omg I'm laughing just recounting the incident. My mil came rushing in and even she burst out laughing. Bubbles calmed down as soon as I picked her up, a little balder than she already is. Then I put her back down to finish cleaning her and cos I couldn't stop laughing, she started laughing too! Which sent me into roaring laughter that scared her into cries hahahaha

She is such a tak glam goondu, definitely takes after me XD

Recently I carry my baby, instead of resting his head on my arm, he will turn and rest his mouth on my arm and start to suck/bite my arm.. Hmmm just wondering any mummies face the same thing as me ?

Yes mine does too. Still doing now at times. When first started she sucked until loud and drooled alot. Now she does it when she is hungry or sleepy.

Edited : read wrongly. Mine is on shoulder though. Not really on arm.

Recently I carry my baby, instead of resting his head on my arm, he will turn and rest his mouth on my arm and start to suck/bite my arm.. Hmmm just wondering any mummies face the same thing as me ?

Got. Mine. When hungry.

Have. But usually only when hungry.

Hmm mine don't seem like due to hungry leh.. After feeding him milk and wanna coax him to sleep, he will turn n suck my arm, I switch to carry upright then he suck his fists..

For my baby cot I only put the bumper for top and one of the side, the other side which near to our bed I never put bumper so my baby can see me from there, he will give me a big smile when he wake up in the morning n saw me sleeping there. But just now after bath, I leave him in the cot n walk out to throw his diaper, suddenly I heard he cry so loud.. Quickly walk in and see .. Omg..he flip and one of his leg is outside the cot and stuck between the gap. He is shouting for help lo .. Mummies should I put bumper for all side? If like that I can't see him from my bed leh

Back