IVF/ICSI Support Group

I am scheduled to have my transfer tomorrow. Just got informed that my 3 embies have survived the thaw. Now crossing fingers and toes that they will continue to grow.
That's great! Praying that my 3 embryos grow well for transfer tomorrow too, I'm on a fresh cycle though. Are u going to do intralipid again tomorrow after ET? I did my first intralipid last Thurs.

Hi. Thanks. I have a ger who is 19 month. I am a sham. I spend my 2ww taking care of her, not much bed rest for me except on the ET day.
Ur first ger also a Ivf baby ? Ur current one is long or short protocol . U prepare meals for urself during 2ww too ? I am also thinking how I am going to prepare for lunch while I have no helper around and my hubby needs to work

Ur first ger also a Ivf baby ? Ur current one is long or short protocol . U prepare meals for urself during 2ww too ? I am also thinking how I am going to prepare for lunch while I have no helper around and my hubby needs to work
Ya, my first was from fresh cycle of Ivf. This time is natural FET. Ya. I prepared simple healthy meals. I ate fish almost Everyday.

That's great! Praying that my 3 embryos grow well for transfer tomorrow too, I'm on a fresh cycle though. Are u going to do intralipid again tomorrow after ET? I did my first intralipid last Thurs.

Are you transferring 3 embies as well?

Think no need to do intralipid again after ET as we just did. I have read that some people will do another round of intralipid after BFP. Intralipid transfusion is very painful.

Are you with TFC too?

Are you transferring 3 embies as well?

Think no need to do intralipid again after ET as we just did. I have read that some people will do another round of intralipid after BFP. Intralipid transfusion is very painful.

Are you with TFC too?
Yes transferring 3 if all goes well. Doc loh also told me to go back if tested BFP but the nurse say I can go again on ET day if I want so I'm confused.

I'm not with tfc, just seeing doc loh for intralipid.

Yes transferring 3 if all goes well. Doc loh also told me to go back if tested BFP but the nurse say I can go again on ET day if I want so I'm confused.

I'm not with tfc, just seeing doc loh for intralipid.

Finally found someone transferring 3 embies as well.

Let me ask Dr Loh tomorrow regarding the intralipid infusion and will let you know.

Hi All..
Just wondering if anyone whos been with KK IVF and then transferred to NUH IVF?
What is the procedure for the 'transfer'?

Or anyone whos with NUH or other clinic/hospitals wanna share their experience?

I had 2 failed IVF cycles with KKH.
1st cycle (Frozen) - Mar'16
-1 EMBRYO , DAY 5 BLASTOCYST , GRADE UNKNOWN : BFN
Initially was fresh cycle. But alot of eggs were retrieveso that cause my abdomen area to be very swollen (OHSS)and we were advice to go tru frozen cycle instead.
Due to stress, my menses didnt came for 3mths. which also means i cudnt proceed with ET. Once menses came called KK blablabla Scans appts n all. Had to take progynova , utrogetan & evorel patchs within these period till Blood test. which results in BFN. =(
If i remembered correctly i had btwn 15-20 eggs retrieve. But only 10 survived.
Did Blastocyst .Took 1 to proceed with ET. i can remember the digits but i recall the nurse called n said the rest of the eggs didnt grow well after blastocyst so they will be discarded. =( which mean 2nd cycle i had to re-do the jabs all over again.

2nd cycle (Frozen) - Oct'16
2 EMBRYOS ,DAY 4 BLASTOCYST , GRADE 3 (1 being the best - 4 being lowest) : BFN
We decided to for straight with frozen cycle this time knowing that alot of eggs will be retrieve as well. Had to take progynova , utrogetan, evorel patchs & Aspirin.
Cut things short, similarly to 1st cycle only 2 embryos survive and the rest didnt made it.
After the ET, doc mentioned that if this cycle doesnt work, they will try to do the 'scratching'. Which may help the embryos to 'stick' betta. Which pissed me off. bcoz y werent we told of this info b4 the ET. If we had known we wud suggest Dr to proceed with the scratching for this cycle. Y MUST WAIT FOR NEXT CYCLE?? Right??!

I'm angry becoz the Dr knows that I do not hv anymore frozen eggs left if this cycle fails. I just dont understand y we were not inform of such important 'options' that actually helps to increase the success rate ?
Is it because we 'didnt pay' (since medisave n co-fund) ?? they are not taking every matter seriously. haish this is so upsetting =(

I'm taking a short break as these whole phase is sooo mentally and physically tiring. Wud like to try other clinics or hospitals for my 3rd Cycle.
Sorry for the long post. Hope u ladies can share ur experience?

Hi all. I just received call from hospital that I am pregnant with hcg leve of 1163. Is it considered high for singleton? Can anyone please share with me the hcg level for twins?

Gratz. Beta level cannot predict how many babies you have thou w twins will be higher. My hcg w my son was 3k+ at ard 18dpo, my doc was so shocked that time and said I could have a twin but ended up one only. With my current 13dpt (18 dpo as well) beta was 831, first scan show one healthy baby and one empty lil sac (doc said could be the other one didn't grow).
But high hcg for first bt is a good sign, meaning your embryo is a strong one. Congrats again :)

Hi, I'm new to this thread but have been a silent reader to find courage to finally try IVF. Will be doing our first ICSI in January at SGH. Any cycle buddies?

Can someone pls share what's their fertilization rate when doing ICSI with a male fertility issue? Also, I would love to find out what do ladies here do to prep your bodies for IVF and what supplements do u take? I'm already eating Q10, royal jelly, pre-natal vitamins (with 800mg of folic acid), seeing TCM with herbs and accupunture, drinking hot reddate logan drink daily and red bean soup regularly. I read that eating about eating a lot of egg whites - is this during IVF cycle or should start before as prep? Thanks a lot!

Hi dear, mind sharing contact? n roughly cost if u know?

Hi, I'm also seeing dr Zou for accupunture.
It's Dr Zou Yu Min TCM - address:
505 Ang Mo Kio Ave 8, 560505
Singapore; phone +65 6456 0833. Her accupunture rates is about $30/40 per session, 40mins for accupunture - 20mins each side.

Hi, I'm also seeing dr Zou for accupunture.
It's Dr Zou Yu Min TCM - address:
505 Ang Mo Kio Ave 8, 560505
Singapore; phone +65 6456 0833. Her accupunture rates is about $30/40 per session, 40mins for accupunture - 20mins each side.
Thanks dear.. will consider. Quite far from wher i stay.... =[
Any positive result with the help of acupuncture? - Sorry just saw ur post.. hope everrything goes well with ur icsi. Plenty of rest and try not to stress too much =)

Last edited:
Hi. Thanks. I have a ger who is 19 month. I am a sham. I spend my 2ww taking care of her, not much bed rest for me except on the ET day.
Hi kimchi ger, just read that you trf 1 embryo... dr suggested 1 or u made the decision to put only 1? As i am in a dilemma to put 1 or 2...

Last edited:
Both are the same effective. But w crinone the gel don't get panic when you will experience spotting. Sometimes comes out with lumpy like rotten cheese so gross w different colors (black, brown etc)
Now I got infection bacteria e coli duhhhh and on antibiotics
Some ppl prefer progesteron injection too but I don't cos buttock sore pain
Hi can i know whar is the symptons for coli infection ? I also experience black lumpy discharge coming from crinone gel

Hi All..

Initially was fresh cycle. But alot of eggs were retrieveso that cause my abdomen area to be very swollen (OHSS)and we were advice to go tru frozen cycle instead.
Due to stress, my menses didnt came for 3mths. which also means i cudnt proceed with ET. Once menses came called KK blablabla Scans appts n all. Had to take progynova , utrogetan & evorel patchs within these period till Blood test. which results in BFN. =(
Did Blastocyst .Took 1 to proceed with ET. i can remember the digits but i recall the nurse called n said the rest of the eggs didnt grow well after blastocyst so they will be discarded. =( which mean 2nd cycle i had to re-do the jabs all over again.

We decided to for straight with frozen cycle this time knowing that alot of eggs will be retrieve as well. Had to take progynova , utrogetan, evorel patchs & Aspirin.
Cut things short, similarly to 1st cycle only 2 embryos survive and the rest didnt made it.
After the ET, doc mentioned that if this cycle doesnt work, they will try to do the 'scratching'. Which may help the embryos to 'stick' betta. Which pissed me off. bcoz y werent we told of this info b4 the ET. If we had known we wud suggest Dr to proceed with the scratching for this cycle. Y MUST WAIT FOR NEXT CYCLE?? Right??!

I'm angry becoz the Dr knows that I do not hv anymore frozen eggs left if this cycle fails. I just dont understand y we were not inform of such important 'options' that actually helps to increase the success rate ?
Is it because we 'didnt pay' (since medisave n co-fund) ?? they are not taking every matter seriously. haish this is so upsetting =(

I'm taking a short break as these whole phase is sooo mentally and physically tiring. Wud like to try other clinics or hospitals for my 3rd Cycle.

I've only done 1 cycle. They retrieved 15 eggs from me but only 1 was normally fertilized. When I asked my Dr why it happened, she has no definite answer. She told me it could be a combination of poor egg and sperm quality.

I read a lot during my IVF and kept asking my Dr questions but I realized that I have to trust her judgement. So you have to find a Dr you trust and go with the flow. Mine didn't present me with the endoscratching option also. I just went with her flow and had a delayed embryo transfer too. I guess for IVF, we have to try different things and see what works. There's no harm changing doctors/hospitals cos maybe another dr has a protocol that may be more suitable for you.

Whatever it is, don't give up ok!

Hi can i know whar is the symptons for coli infection ? I also experience black lumpy discharge coming from crinone gel
Hi Lynn
I didn't feel anything actually just one day got low grade fever lasts few hours only. When I told doc asked me to had my urine check asap thou I said is only 37.6°. And yup got e coli so must took augmentin. Actually when I mentioned that I kept having that black discharge from crinone he already afraid that I will get infection. He wanted me to switched to proges injection instead but I didn't want, so painful one. I think if you got fever you might wanna check your urine too

Hi All..

You might wanna consider change doctor or the hospital? For me once I failed w one doctor, I will change de cos I believe in yuanfen :D
When I failed my 1st fresh, I changed doctor right away for my fet. Got my bfp
My experience w dr Roland this time. When I first met him, I got all my hormone profile checked and oso w some other things like hiv, thalasemia etc. Then without I asked, he already scheduled for hyteroscopy, endo scratch. And I very happy w him

Gratz. Beta level cannot predict how many babies you have thou w twins will be higher. My hcg w my son was 3k+ at ard 18dpo, my doc was so shocked that time and said I could have a twin but ended up one only. With my current 13dpt (18 dpo as well) beta was 831, first scan show one healthy baby and one empty lil sac (doc said could be the other one didn't grow).
But high hcg for first bt is a good sign, meaning your embryo is a strong one. Congrats again :)
Dear, thanks for the kind info.

Hi Ladies,
Would like to check for those of you who did endo scratch before.
Typically there will be one session done a month prior to FET and it must be done only after AF ?

Hi Ladies, other than egg whites what else to take for ivf cycle? Anyone took quiona ..i get sick of eating egg whites everyday..i heard quiona is high protein..

Hi Ladies, other than egg whites what else to take for ivf cycle? Anyone took quiona ..i get sick of eating egg whites everyday..i heard quiona is high protein..

Wedelia,
Am currently in stim phase and I have quite a handful of follicles. Was advised to stomach at least 8 whites/day.
So started taking Immunocal - pure proteins powder to help supplement proteins intake.

Hi all. I just received call from hospital that I am pregnant with hcg leve of 1163. Is it considered high for singleton? Can anyone please share with me the hcg level for twins?
It's quite high! Most likely twins, but could be a singleton too. When I was pregnant with my #1, my HcG level was 1500+, but turned out to be a singleton.

Hi today went for my ultrasound scan at 6 weeks 4 days, gynae could not pick up any fetal signs. Am so worried now. Gg for another scan next week.

Hi today went for my ultrasound scan at 6 weeks 4 days, gynae could not pick up any fetal signs. Am so worried now. Gg for another scan next week.
Hi I can't say don't worry to you now cos I knew that u must be very worried. Please think of more positive and pray. Luck will be with you. Maybe still early to see. Will be ok.

Back